Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 01-26-2016

Having lived with Wurg for some time after recovering from his coma, Gregor Ironback felt an increasing need to find a job for himself, one that could support him as well as Wurg.

Exploration was mostly done by robots these days, and Gregor felt no strong desire to return to such a field after what happened. To that end, the white, cybernetic Jakkai had been browsing the settlement's classifieds. A few jobs had caught his eye, but upon further consideration, the only one he really saw interest in was the local guard force. The pay seemed good, and he would be helping to preserve the peace, so how bad could it be?

He got out his phone, dialed the number for the town's guard station, and waited patiently for an answer.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-26-2016

(01-25-2016, 11:48 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 01:55 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "It won't. I don't blame anyone for being concerned when my arrival causes that level of weirdness in their equipment. At least you were nice enough to not have me at gunpoint over it. Where should I go next though? Is there a visitors center I can get information about what is nearby? Ideally I'd like to find a nice spot to live for a while, enjoy my retirement a little."

She smiles and looks around, taking in the architecture of the station
"Heh, good to hear. If there is a visitor's center, I don't know where it is. When I arrived I just wandered around until I had the whole place figured out." He knocks on the metal wall. "It's remarkably easy to navigate when you understand the architectural and mechanical decisions that influenced the layout of the whole place... I suppose if you're still okay with it, I could show you around? If you're planning on living here then the most important places to show you first of all would probably be the residential and market areas. I was actually trying to buy something before the alarms went off, so I'm headed that way anyway."

"Sounds good, please lead the way." Danu smoothes her robe a little and waits for him to lead.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-26-2016

(01-26-2016, 02:44 AM)Comito Wrote: Having lived with Wurg for some time after recovering from his coma, Gregor Ironback felt an increasing need to find a job for himself, one that could support him as well as Wurg.

Exploration was mostly done by robots these days, and Gregor felt no strong desire to return to such a field after what happened. To that end, the white, cybernetic Jakkai had been browsing the settlement's classifieds. A few jobs had caught his eye, but upon further consideration, the only one he really saw interest in was the local guard force. The pay seemed good, and he would be helping to preserve the peace, so how bad could it be?

He got out his phone, dialed the number for the town's guard station, and waited patiently for an answer.

beeeeeeep...
"This is an automated message. If you have an emergency, please hang up and call 722 or press 1. Otherwise, please press 2."
// shush Comic Sans seemed like a good choice for a message that most people don't usually want to hear

(01-26-2016, 04:38 AM)Umbra Wrote: beeeeeeep...
"This is an automated message. If you have an emergency, please hang up and call 722 or press 1. Otherwise, please press 2."
// shush Comic Sans seemed like a good choice for a message that most people don't usually want to hear

Gregor raised an eyebrow when he heard the message, and switched to the phone's digital dial pad again to press "2".

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 01-26-2016

(01-25-2016, 08:01 PM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:She looked back and smiled as she giggled.

"you do realize that its a multi-species hospital.. besides your a friend.. i may need your help to read these things anyway... and i would not mind you accompanying me"

"Oh hehe of course i'd like to acompny you! i was just wondering incase they didnt let non patients enter thats all"
She smiled as she sat in the lobby waiting and hoping she can get some service from the hospital softly chirping out a song to herself.

"i doubt they would prevent you unless there needs to be a full replacement of the system. cuz then i may have to go into surgery..."
(01-25-2016, 08:06 PM)Umbra Wrote: // well, now seems as good a time as any.
// The High Guards are a faction of the police force (y'know, the Guards) that is comprised of particularly powerful or able-bodied Guards- the most powerful being the head of the force, The Sergeant. Most High Guards are recruited persons of interest that the force has been keeping an eye on; others are Guards who managed to work their way up through either hard work and training or the discovery of some particularly useful or powerful ability or skill.
// They mainly serve as the defense force of the Eden and Nexus 17, like S.H.I.E.L.D from Marvel comics and other fictional defense organizations. If they happen to live in a settlement (for example, Umbra), they work for that station but report to the headquarters on the Eden.
// if anyone wants their character to be a High Guard, just ask me and I'll give/refuse permission, or possibly even have the character be summoned by them via plot stuff. Keep in mind that they don't need to have special 'powers' or anything- someone like the original Surge (no 'powers,' but definitely capable of fighting eldritch horrors and emerging victorious) is a possible candidate as well.

// i would not mind coro being on standby to help support the guards should they need help with anything. it would bring some of her abilities to bear for something important and well meaning.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-26-2016

(I'm still enjoying the mental image of me casually curbstomping a shambling horror)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 01-26-2016

(01-26-2016, 03:35 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 11:48 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Heh, good to hear. If there is a visitor's center, I don't know where it is. When I arrived I just wandered around until I had the whole place figured out." He knocks on the metal wall. "It's remarkably easy to navigate when you understand the architectural and mechanical decisions that influenced the layout of the whole place... I suppose if you're still okay with it, I could show you around? If you're planning on living here then the most important places to show you first of all would probably be the residential and market areas. I was actually trying to buy something before the alarms went off, so I'm headed that way anyway."

"Sounds good, please lead the way." Danu smoothes her robe a little and waits for him to lead.

((;A; Sorry about the very slow replies, I've been working on scripting/semi-modelling/editing/screwing around with a thing and I keep forgetting to check the thread!))
"Er... Oka-"
He clears his throat.
"YES!" he yells, bursting back out of the door to whoever still remains in the room, "I TRUST EVERYTHING IS IN ORDER HERE. I'M GOING TO SHOW THE NEW ARRIVAL AROUND. COME WITH ME, MADAM!"
He begins jaunting toward the exit with Danu in tow.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 01-26-2016

Quote:She smiled as she sat in the lobby waiting and hoping she can get some service from the hospital softly chirping out a song to herself.

"i doubt they would prevent you unless there needs to be a full replacement of the system. cuz then i may have to go into surgery..."
"Oh gosh I hope it doesn't have to come to that! Hopefully its just a small fix" she said as she sat near her avail friend
"I wonder if there would be anyimplants that would help me... not saying that I would get them installed im just wondering"
//tourmaline would be willing to help in anyway she could aswell if needed... Oh Also is there anyone here who is ableto draw Avalis? because I have a charater that I kinda want to bring into the RP however I have no designs of him and I kinda don't like Rpings with characters I don't have a visual design for

(01-26-2016, 07:06 AM)Surge Wrote: (I'm still enjoying the mental image of me casually curbstomping a shambling horror)
// somehow... part of me is actually visualizing that... and it is rather awesome
(01-26-2016, 10:28 AM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:She smiled as she sat in the lobby waiting and hoping she can get some service from the hospital softly chirping out a song to herself.

"Oh gosh I hope it doesn't have to come to that! Hopefully its just a small fix" she said as she sat near her avail friend
"I wonder if there would be anyimplants that would help me... not saying that I would get them installed im just wondering"
//tourmaline would be willing to help in anyway she could aswell if needed... Oh Also is there anyone here who is ableto draw Avalis? because I have a charater that I kinda want to bring into the RP however I have no designs of him and I kinda don't like Rpings with characters I don't have a visual design for

"well it could actually end up that way... my system is about 30 years old.. i doubt they support the system anymore."

She sighed and drooped a bit as she looked at the gem.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-26-2016

(01-26-2016, 07:30 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 03:35 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Sounds good, please lead the way." Danu smoothes her robe a little and waits for him to lead.

((;A; Sorry about the very slow replies, I've been working on scripting/semi-modelling/editing/screwing around with a thing and I keep forgetting to check the thread!))
"Er... Oka-"
He clears his throat.
"YES!" he yells, bursting back out of the door to whoever still remains in the room, "I TRUST EVERYTHING IS IN ORDER HERE. I'M GOING TO SHOW THE NEW ARRIVAL AROUND. COME WITH ME, MADAM!"

Danu follows him, walking so gracefully it seemed like she was floating along. "How big is this place? It looks like everything here is made of metal and plastic."

Quote:"well it could actually end up that way... my system is about 30 years old.. i doubt they support the system anymore."

"Oh sheesh Well if you do need to go to surgery i will happily wait for you to return ^w^." Tourmaline said as she tried to reasure Coro
"I never abandom peeps i like even if i have only known them for a little while!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-26-2016

(01-26-2016, 05:40 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor raised an eyebrow when he heard the message, and switched to the phone's digital dial pad again to press "2".

"Please hold while we line you up with one of our staff members."
Cheesy, overused elevator music starts playing.

(01-26-2016, 07:06 AM)Surge Wrote: (I'm still enjoying the mental image of me casually curbstomping a shambling horror)

// you're welcome :p

(01-26-2016, 07:00 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 05:40 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor raised an eyebrow when he heard the message, and switched to the phone's digital dial pad again to press "2".

"Please hold while we line you up with one of our staff members."
Cheesy, overused elevator music starts playing.

Gregor sighed and leaned back in his seat as he waited. If he or Wurg had gotten a TV, he would turn it on to check the local news.

(01-26-2016, 06:44 PM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:"well it could actually end up that way... my system is about 30 years old.. i doubt they support the system anymore."

"Oh sheesh Well if you do need to go to surgery i will happily wait for you to return ^w^." Tourmaline said as she tried to reasure Coro
"I never abandom peeps i like even if i have only known them for a little while!"

She began to smile as she laid back waiting for an answer of some sort from the doctors of the hospital continuing to chirp softly

"thank you so very much for sticking around with me!"

Quote:She began to smile as she laid back waiting for an answer of some sort from the doctors of the hospital continuing to chirp softly

"thank you so very much for sticking around with me!"

"Its perfectly ok sweetie! May i ask if ummm they do need to take you into surgary h-how long will it be before its finished?"

//H-hey coro do ya have anything like skype or something becasue i really like ya and would love to talk more regulalrly! its just i dont talk on forums very offen outside this thread ;w;

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 01-26-2016

(01-26-2016, 04:28 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 07:30 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((;A; Sorry about the very slow replies, I've been working on scripting/semi-modelling/editing/screwing around with a thing and I keep forgetting to check the thread!))
"Er... Oka-"
He clears his throat.

Danu follows him, walking so gracefully it seemed like she was floating along. "How big is this place? It looks like everything here is made of metal and plastic."

"HUGE! I'VE NEVER BOTHERED TO TAKE AN EXACT MEASURMENT, SINCE THAT'D BE KIND OF HARD WHAT WITH WALLS IN THE WAY AND THE LIKE, BUT I'M PRETTY SURE IT'S SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 'LARGE TOWN' and 'SMALL MOON' IN SIZE. AND YES, METAL AND THE DECAYING BIOMATTER NEEDED FOR CREATING PLASTICS WERE ABUNDANT ON THE PLANET, NOT TO MENTION VIA TRADE THROUGH THE GATEWAYS, SO THAT'S WHAT IT'S PRIMARILY MADE OF. I DID FIND A SECTION MADE OF SOME KIND OF STONE ONCE, THOUGH I MIGHT HAVE BEEN DREAMING. I JUST WISH THERE WAS MORE VARIATION. EVEN I GET LOST SOMETIMES! IN FACT THIS ONE TIME I WAS LOOKING FOR THE-"
He stops and looks around.
"OH WILL YOU LOOK AT THAT! MONOLOGUING AT IT'S FINEST: WE'RE AT THE MARKET ALREADY!"

The market, or at least this section of it, is a long, wide hall of sorts, with alcoves for shops cut into the walls. There's fresh produce, meats, trinkets, odds and ends, that sort of thing, good and wares, tiles and junk, at least one pet shop - well, hopefully it's a pet shop - and a coffee shop every almost four shops.

Scyn looks back, to a small shop at the edge of the hall crammed between two much larger shops. It's sign reads 'Eli & Zeke's Parts and Junk'.
"AH YES, THAT'S WHERE I WAS BEFORE THE ALARMS. NEED TO MAKE A QUICK STOP THERE," he says, jogging up to the shop.

A tall, muscular young man with skin the colour of wheat greets Scyn. His bright blond, straight and neat hair dangles down around his waist, but the top remains styled upward. He raises his somewhat bushy eyebrows. His eyes are bold and confident, and his irises a bright crimson. His nose is angular and strong, and his ears are long and pointed, almost vertical. He has a small scar across the left side of his lips, and he has multiple piercings in his right ear, fitted with small silver hoop earrings. A necklace made of some sort of teeth and a larger beaded necklace dangle around his neck. He doesn't have a shirt on, but does wear an open black leather jacket, fingerless leather gloves, and tight black jeans, along with far too many belts, and camouflage hiking boots, sockless.
"Scyn, where did you go?"

He points at his wrist device. "ALARMS IN ONE OF THE GATEROOMS. HAD TO MAKE SURE THEY DIDN'T FORGET TO REVERSE THE POLARITY AGAIN."
The man shrugs nonchalantly. "All right then," he says, placing what looks like half of a robotic hand on the table. "This is what you were looking for, right?"
"YES! LOOKS TO BE JUST THE RIGHT SIZE, TOO. HOW MUCH WILL THAT BE?"
"Well, you're such a loyal customer..."
"ELIJAH. I AM PAYING YOU MONEY. YOU NEED MONEY TO LIVE. TAKE MONEY," he commands as he slams a metal card on the counter.
Elijah pauses. "Okay."
He inserts the card into a small device and puts presses a couple buttons before handing it back to Scyn.

"OH, I ALMOST FORGOT!" Scyn gestures to Danu. "COME HERE DANU, MEET THE CREW!"
Elijah snaps to attention and looks directly over at Danu. "Did you say Danu?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 01-26-2016

*flyers with information on the inn blow around town, occasionally getting blow onto doors and lamp posts. The pages are white with Crimson lettering*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-27-2016

(01-26-2016, 10:10 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *flyers with information on the inn blow around town, occasionally getting blow onto doors and lamp posts. The pages are white with Crimson lettering*

Umbra happens to walk by, and one of the flyers catches his eye.
Hm? What's this?
He picks one up and reads it.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-27-2016

(01-27-2016, 01:40 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 10:10 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *flyers with information on the inn blow around town, occasionally getting blow onto doors and lamp posts. The pages are white with Crimson lettering*

Umbra happens to walk by, and one of the flyers catches his eye.
Hm? What's this?
He picks one up and reads it.

753 leans over Umbra's shoulder
"I believe it's an advertisement."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 01-27-2016

The news was mostly uninteresting aside from some minor crimes on the Eden and important events happening on other systems.

After waiting for some time on the phone, Gregor decided this was a rather impersonal method of gaining a job, so he turned the TV off, left a note for Wurg saying he was going to the Guard station, and headed out.

The Jakkai wore a green jacket over his Moon Pendant shirt, and a pair of khaki shants. It was a nice enough day out; the air was cool and the sky was clear, and he almost thought he heard birds singing. Probably weren't any birds on Nexus 17, though, and he was just having a memory of home.

Gregor didn't quite remember where the station was, but he wasn't in any rush so he just took the 'scenic route' through the town as he looked for it.