Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 01-28-2016

(01-28-2016, 03:58 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 11:28 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *it mentions a reopening of a inn and a deal on rooms and beverages at the bar, aswell some arcane scribbles*

"Hm. Neat." He puts the flyer back on the wall and walks toward the port.

Quote:"a gray kineptic recently imprisoned due to being mugged and was frozen by this "vigilante" or what ever that thing is."
*he notices Gregor's stare and becomes uncomfortable*

"Sorry, he's not currently on bail. The Guards still have to question him."
*it leans in closer*
"Notify me when that's said and done. I'll be waiting."
*it leaves a business card on the counter and storms out of the building*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 01-28-2016

(01-28-2016, 07:49 PM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:She looked up and smiled as she giggled softly.

"I could try and answer questions if i can... i am not sure if i am gonna be the best person to answer but... i would not mind trying."

"Hehe. Ummm i guess i should start with w-where are ya friend?" Tourmaline sat back alittle looking over at coro in a friendly manner

She looked down and sighed drooping her ears a bit.

"I... i don't know if they are anywhere around... or if they still live... i lost them along time ago."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-28-2016

(01-28-2016, 08:12 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *it leans in closer*
"Notify me when that's said and done. I'll be waiting."
*it leaves a business card on the counter and storms out of the building*

The card is shoved into a drawer for later.
The receptionist looks toward Gregor.
"Sorry about the wait. What did you need, sir?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 01-28-2016

(01-28-2016, 08:52 PM)Umbra Wrote: The card is shoved into a drawer for later.
The receptionist looks toward Gregor.
"Sorry about the wait. What did you need, sir?"

Gregor looked up and saw that it was his turn. Putting his phone back in his pocket, he went up to the counter and propped himself up on his tail so he could actually see over it.

"I'm interested in joining the Guards. Are you currently recruiting?" There was still a small electronic tone to his voice, a giveaway that he was a cyborg.

(01-28-2016, 09:19 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor looked up and saw that it was his turn. Putting his phone back in his pocket, he went up to the counter and propped himself up on his tail so he could actually see over it.

"I'm interested in joining the Guards. Are you currently recruiting?" There was still a small electronic tone to his voice, a giveaway that he was a cyborg.

"As a matter of fact, we are. The only times we aren't recruiting are during holidays and if we can't fit a new Guard in."
"It'll take some time to get someone for your interview. Would you like to schedule for one later?"

(01-28-2016, 10:23 PM)Umbra Wrote: "As a matter of fact, we are. The only times we aren't recruiting are during holidays and if we can't fit a new Guard in."
"It'll take some time to get someone for your interview. Would you like to schedule for one later?"

"Yes, that would be fine. Do I have to fill out an application or anything?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-28-2016

(if umbra answers this question wrong I will never let him live it down)

(01-28-2016, 10:35 PM)Surge Wrote: (if umbra answers this question wrong I will never let him live it down)

// god dammit.

(01-28-2016, 10:29 PM)Comito Wrote: "Yes, that would be fine. Do I have to fill out an application or anything?"

"Yes, let me get one for you..." The receptionist turns around and hands Gregor an application form.
"If you could fill this out before you leave, that'd be the most convenient."

// I'll admit that I don't know what's on a police application form, so... Let's not get into details ^^;
// god fucking damn it, Surge

(01-28-2016, 11:10 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Yes, let me get one for you..." The receptionist turns around and hands Gregor an application form.
"If you could fill this out before you leave, that'd be the most convenient."

// I'll admit that I don't know what's on a police application form, so... Let's not get into details ^^;
// god fucking damn it, Surge

Gregor nodded and started filling out the form, including details such as his phone number and him being a cyborg. That'll be important, he thought.

Once he was done, he handed it and the pen back to the receptionist. "Anything else besides that?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 01-28-2016

(01-28-2016, 06:17 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Put simply, there isn't much I can't do magic or not. Though if I haven't done it in a long time I might need a refresher course to remember how it is done, but that should be simple enough. I'm a fast learner anyway."

Danu smiles and steps back out of the residential area. "As cozy as these are, I think I would be more comfortable living on the surface. Perhaps get a job as a builder making more houses there."

"AH, YES!" he smiles. "BUILDING! ADMIRABLE WORK!"
He walks up to a door at the close end of the hallway. "THIS IS IT," he booms, slamming his palm against a small scanner next to the door.

The door slides open to reveal a well-lit room. In the center is a couch with a tacky oval rug in front of it, and a large entertainment system shoved onto a too-small table. The far end of the room has a hallway jutting off to the side, probably going to more, similar rooms. A grungy workbench is shoved into the other corner, with a lot of other, similar workbenches, numerous parts, and power tools, also shoved into the same corner, presumably to get them as out of the way of everything else as possible. A fine layer of junk food bags and discarded clothing coats the floor and furniture, and the room smells slightly of oil and some sort of cologne.
Scyn stares blankly at the mess for a few seconds. "I'VE BEEN ROBBED!"
"Actually you moved everything to the workshop and I put the rest in the corner! Speaking of which, please get rid of those tables; I want to put a sound system there," a young female voice yells from the hall.
"OH, RIGHT. I WAS GOING TO DO THAT A FEW MONTHS AGO, WASN'T I?"
"Yes!"
"...WHAT ARE YOU DOING, ANYWAY?"
"Showering!"
"OH. ALRIGHT, I'LL LEAVE YOU TO THAT," he says, exiting the apartment and closing the door.
"NOW THEN... SURFACE! TO THE PLANET! IF I CAN REMEMBER WHERE THE SPACEPORTS ARE... LEFT FROM THE RIGHT TO THE SIDE EXCEPT DIRECTION IS RELATIVE IN SPACE... OKAY! GOT IT! FOLLOW ME." He storms off back the way the two came.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-28-2016

753 has taken a detour from his supposedly important task to watch the strange individual who won't stop shouting, chuckling to himself as the scene unfolds. Not that he is totally distracted though, he is watching a few other individuals via CCTV and traffic cameras, though the guard doesn't need to know that he compromised those systems.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-29-2016

(01-28-2016, 11:31 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 06:17 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Put simply, there isn't much I can't do magic or not. Though if I haven't done it in a long time I might need a refresher course to remember how it is done, but that should be simple enough. I'm a fast learner anyway."

Danu smiles and steps back out of the residential area. "As cozy as these are, I think I would be more comfortable living on the surface. Perhaps get a job as a builder making more houses there."

"AH, YES!" he smiles. "BUILDING! ADMIRABLE WORK!"
He walks up to a door at the close end of the hallway. "THIS IS IT," he booms, slamming his palm against a small scanner next to the door.

The door slides open to reveal a well-lit room. In the center is a couch with a tacky oval rug in front of it, and a large entertainment system shoved onto a too-small table. The far end of the room has a hallway jutting off to the side, probably going to more, similar rooms. A grungy workbench is shoved into the other corner, with a lot of other, similar workbenches, numerous parts, and power tools, also shoved into the same corner, presumably to get them as out of the way of everything else as possible. A fine layer of junk food bags and discarded clothing coats the floor and furniture, and the room smells slightly of oil and some sort of cologne.
"Actually you moved everything to the workshop and I put the rest in the corner! Speaking of which, please get rid of those tables; I want to put a sound system there," a young female voice yells from the hall.
"Yes!"
"Showering!"
"OH. ALRIGHT, I'LL LEAVE YOU TO THAT," he says, exiting the apartment and closing the door.
"NOW THEN... SURFACE! TO THE PLANET! IF I CAN REMEMBER WHERE THE SPACEPORTS ARE... LEFT FROM THE RIGHT TO THE SIDE EXCEPT DIRECTION IS RELATIVE IN SPACE... OKAY! GOT IT! FOLLOW ME." He storms off back the way the two came.

"Goodness, that was sudden." She nods back towards the house after his outburst and the brief conversation. Following along, she trails behind him towards the spaceport.

"I'm glad you're not alone though. Space is numbingly big, cold and harsh. Without the company of another person, insanity sets in really fast."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 12:36 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 11:31 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "AH, YES!" he smiles. "BUILDING! ADMIRABLE WORK!"

"Yes!"
"Showering!"

"Goodness, that was sudden." She nods back towards the house after his outburst and the brief conversation. Following along, she trails behind him towards the spaceport.

"I'm glad you're not alone though. Space is numbingly big, cold and harsh. Without the company of another person, insanity sets in really fast."

"I..."
"I am well aware of that... It's one of the reasons I left... where I was before.
There were only three of us, and we rarely ever interacted with each-other. The whole place, if you can call it that, was devoid of life or anything interesting. I created machines to keep me company, but they always felt hollow and empty, devoid of their own unique personality and thoughts. For a while, I think I did go mad. Then, I left."
He shudders and rubs his arm.
"I never want to go back there."
"BUT THAT'S ALL IN THE PAST. I HAVE RIOE NOW, AND EVERYONE ON EDEN, AND THAT PLANET DOWN BELOW. IT'S GREAT!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-29-2016

(01-28-2016, 11:34 PM)Surge Wrote: 753 has taken a detour from his supposedly important task to watch the strange individual who won't stop shouting, chuckling to himself as the scene unfolds. Not that he is totally distracted though, he is watching a few other individuals via CCTV and traffic cameras, though the guard doesn't need to know that he compromised those systems.

Someone taps 753 on the back.
"Message for you, sir."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 03:41 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 11:34 PM)Surge Wrote: 753 has taken a detour from his supposedly important task to watch the strange individual who won't stop shouting, chuckling to himself as the scene unfolds. Not that he is totally distracted though, he is watching a few other individuals via CCTV and traffic cameras, though the guard doesn't need to know that he compromised those systems.

Someone taps 753 on the back.
"Message for you, sir."
753 perks up a bit before his head twists fully around, a slightly unsettling act mostly made possible by the fact that his head is only connected to the torso by a powerful electromagnetic field
"is that so? do tell!"

(01-28-2016, 11:20 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor nodded and started filling out the form, including details such as his phone number and him being a cyborg. That'll be important, he thought.

Once he was done, he handed it and the pen back to the receptionist. "Anything else besides that?"

"Yes, we'll need to make appointments for the entry tests."

(01-29-2016, 03:47 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 perks up a bit before his head twists fully around, a slightly unsettling act mostly made possible by the fact that his head is only connected to the torso by a powerful electromagnetic field
"is that so? do tell!"

The messenger is a guard, clad in the telltale armor of the profession. He holds out an actual paper letter.

(01-29-2016, 06:40 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 11:20 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor nodded and started filling out the form, including details such as his phone number and him being a cyborg. That'll be important, he thought.

"Yes, we'll need to make appointments for the entry tests."

(01-29-2016, 03:47 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 perks up a bit before his head twists fully around, a slightly unsettling act mostly made possible by the fact that his head is only connected to the torso by a powerful electromagnetic field
"is that so? do tell!"

The messenger is a guard, clad in the telltale armor of the profession. He holds out an actual paper letter.
753 sighs and the letter floats through the air into his open hand seemingly of it's own volition as his head swings back around to read it

(01-29-2016, 06:50 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 sighs and the letter floats through the air into his open hand seemingly of it's own volition as his head swings back around to read it

Unit 753,
I understand you're planning on sending a select few people somewhere.
I may not know where, exactly, but I do know that one of these few happens to be Umbra. Whatever you plan, please make sure he doesn't get lost or hurt beyond recovery. We can't afford to lose not only a member of the High Guard, but the only remaining member of his kind.
If you don't follow through, you'll have to answer to me. Let's both hope it doesn't come to that.

The letter is signed with a rather official-looking stamp in the shape and color of the Guards' insignia.

P.S.: If your arrangement was supposed to be a secret, don't worry; it's safe with me. I have no intention of telling anyone of your plans, but don't think that means I'm not keeping my eye on you.

The guard who delivered the letter is long gone.

(01-29-2016, 07:40 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 06:50 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 sighs and the letter floats through the air into his open hand seemingly of it's own volition as his head swings back around to read it

Unit 753,
I may not know where, exactly, but I do know that one of these few happens to be Umbra. Whatever you plan, please make sure he doesn't get lost or hurt beyond recovery. We can't afford to lose not only a member of the High Guard, but the only remaining member of his kind.
If you don't follow through, you'll have to answer to me. Let's both hope it doesn't come to that.

The letter is signed with a rather official-looking stamp in the shape and color of the Guards' insignia.

P.S.: If your arrangement was supposed to be a secret, don't worry; it's safe with me. I have no intention of telling anyone of your plans, but don't think that means I'm not keeping my eye on you.

753 audibly scoffs.
"Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
FOR YOUR SAKE!"
He crumples the letter and drops it into a portal which deposits it in the local Sun.
"The nerve of these beings...I suppose if nothing else this should serve as a reminder of the task at hand..." 753 got up and walked off, he had a few ideas who to ask next, and made a note to tamper with guard's systems so they can't track him.

(To be clear to everyone involved, 753 is hideously overpowered and if you force his hand on any violent action nothing short of direct divine intervention will save you. That is why I am endeavoring to keep him purely a plot device rather than a consistent character, and I would appreciate nobody pressing the matter when I try not to let him get in any sort of fight)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 08:21 AM)Surge Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 07:40 AM)Umbra Wrote: Unit 753,

753 audibly scoffs.
"Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
FOR YOUR SAKE!"
He crumples the letter and drops it into a portal which deposits it in the local Sun.
"The nerve of these beings...I suppose if nothing else this should serve as a reminder of the task at hand..." 753 got up and walked off, he had a few ideas who to ask next, and made a note to tamper with guard's systems so they can't track him.

(To be clear to everyone involved, 753 is hideously overpowered and if you force his hand on any violent action nothing short of direct divine intervention will save you. That is why I am endeavoring to keep him purely a plot device rather than a consistent character, and I would appreciate nobody pressing the matter when I try not to let him get in any sort of fight)
//It is taking all my willpower not to be a dick here...