Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 01-29-2016

Quote:She looked down and sighed drooping her ears a bit.

"I... i don't know if they are anywhere around... or if they still live... i lost them along time ago."

//oh gosh darn it >A< i ment where are you From not where are your friend >~< how does one make such a typo

"O-oh i-im sorry" tourmaline looks down for a breif moment as she seems to be thinking about something

"i-i wish there was something i can do to help you abit but i honastly cant think of anything right ow ;~; im s-sorry"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 01:09 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 12:36 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Goodness, that was sudden." She nods back towards the house after his outburst and the brief conversation. Following along, she trails behind him towards the spaceport.

"I'm glad you're not alone though. Space is numbingly big, cold and harsh. Without the company of another person, insanity sets in really fast."

"I..."
"I am well aware of that... It's one of the reasons I left... where I was before.
There were only three of us, and we rarely ever interacted with each-other. The whole place, if you can call it that, was devoid of life or anything interesting. I created machines to keep me company, but they always felt hollow and empty, devoid of their own unique personality and thoughts. For a while, I think I did go mad. Then, I left."
He shudders and rubs his arm.
"I never want to go back there."
"BUT THAT'S ALL IN THE PAST. I HAVE RIOE NOW, AND EVERYONE ON EDEN, AND THAT PLANET DOWN BELOW. IT'S GREAT!"

"Glad to hear it. You and I seem to understand that kind of loneliness though- at times I felt like I was the last of my kind in existance. And I probably was, at least until others came into being again." She nods, looking for a map of the place to find the spaceport.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 06:40 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Yes, we'll need to make appointments for the entry tests."

Gregor nodded. "Alright. I guess the earliest convenience will do; I'm not doing much right now anyway."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 02:00 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 01:09 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "I..."
"I am well aware of that... It's one of the reasons I left... where I was before.
There were only three of us, and we rarely ever interacted with each-other. The whole place, if you can call it that, was devoid of life or anything interesting. I created machines to keep me company, but they always felt hollow and empty, devoid of their own unique personality and thoughts. For a while, I think I did go mad. Then, I left."
He shudders and rubs his arm.
"I never want to go back there."
"BUT THAT'S ALL IN THE PAST. I HAVE RIOE NOW, AND EVERYONE ON EDEN, AND THAT PLANET DOWN BELOW. IT'S GREAT!"

"Glad to hear it. You and I seem to understand that kind of loneliness though- at times I felt like I was the last of my kind in existance. And I probably was, at least until others came into being again." She nods, looking for a map of the place to find the spaceport.

"WHAT, YOUR WHOLE RACE JUST SPONTANEOUSLY POPPED BACK INTO REALITY? THAT'S CONVIENIENT."
A simplified map of the whole floor is affixed to the wall nearby. It even has a handy little red YOU ARE HERE arrow. There's a multi-purpose spaceport listed as being somewhat close-by.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-29-2016

(I may need a kitchen sink to recruiting. If your player character has a pulse I'll probably bother them at least once unless you speak up and tell me not to.)

(01-29-2016, 02:52 PM)Surge Wrote: (I may need a kitchen sink to recruiting. If your player character has a pulse I'll probably bother them at least once unless you speak up and tell me not to.)

((What if our characters don't have a pulse?))

(01-29-2016, 02:59 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 02:52 PM)Surge Wrote: (I may need a kitchen sink to recruiting. If your player character has a pulse I'll probably bother them at least once unless you speak up and tell me not to.)

((What if our characters don't have a pulse?))
(then you better not look like any sort of sapient being.)

(01-29-2016, 03:01 PM)Surge Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 02:59 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((What if our characters don't have a pulse?))

I can't tell whether you aren't counting or are forgetting robots. There are many robots on the station, if I'm not mistaken.
I'm also tempted to have a race I plan to introduce not have a pulse just because you said that... Either that or do the opposite and have their pulse be so ridiculously fast that if you touch their "skin" it noticably vibrates.

(01-29-2016, 03:08 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 03:01 PM)Surge Wrote: (then you better not look like any sort of sapient being.)

I can't tell whether you aren't counting or are forgetting robots. There are many robots on the station, if I'm not mistaken.
I'm also tempted to have a race I plan to introduce not have a pulse just because you said that... Either that or do the opposite and have their pulse be so ridiculously fast that if you touch their "skin" it noticably vibrates.
(if the robot is worth recruiting it will fail the "does it look sapient?" test. Technically it would pass I guess but semantics.)

(01-29-2016, 03:01 PM)Surge Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 02:59 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((What if our characters don't have a pulse?))

//Gregor is completely cybernetic except for his brain, but resembles a normal Jakkai on the outside. I need to ask Ehks if cyborgs such as him have a pulse.

//Also I'm fine with being visited by 753 if you choose.

(01-29-2016, 03:12 PM)Comito Wrote:

(01-29-2016, 03:01 PM)Surge Wrote: (then you better not look like any sort of sapient being.)

//Gregor is completely cybernetic except for his brain, but resembles a normal Jakkai on the outside. I need to ask Ehks if cyborgs such as him have a pulse.

//Also I'm fine with being visited by 753 if you choose.
(cool you're next on my hit-list)

(01-29-2016, 03:20 PM)Surge Wrote: (cool you're next on my hit-list)

// Aww crap. What does 753 look like again?

(01-29-2016, 02:48 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 02:00 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Glad to hear it. You and I seem to understand that kind of loneliness though- at times I felt like I was the last of my kind in existance. And I probably was, at least until others came into being again." She nods, looking for a map of the place to find the spaceport.

"WHAT, YOUR WHOLE RACE JUST SPONTANEOUSLY POPPED BACK INTO REALITY? THAT'S CONVIENIENT."
A simplified map of the whole floor is affixed to the wall nearby. It even has a handy little red YOU ARE HERE arrow. There's a multi-purpose spaceport listed as being somewhat close-by.

//If I recall correctly, there are dedicated shuttle ports that travel between the station and the settlements below.

(01-29-2016, 02:48 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 02:00 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Glad to hear it. You and I seem to understand that kind of loneliness though- at times I felt like I was the last of my kind in existance. And I probably was, at least until others came into being again." She nods, looking for a map of the place to find the spaceport.

"Not spontaneously. But every so often I catch up to them in time-space. Or come across a world with similar evolutionary pressures that caused a similar type of being to form. I enjoy it while it lasts, because it seldom does. And yet I still wander alone, outlasting them again and again. Why I wonder, but I will never really know."

Seeing the map, Danu moves closer to it so she can get a good look at what was nearby. For the most part, EDEN was exactly as its name implied- a station with everything you could possibly want aboard.

(01-29-2016, 03:26 PM)Comito Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 03:20 PM)Surge Wrote: (cool you're next on my hit-list)

// Aww crap. What does 753 look like again?

(oh you know, about 7 feet tall give or take, sleek grey plating in typical Tecarian fashion, none of his appendages are actually directly attached to his torso, instead they seem to just function remotely and are held in place by powerful electromagnets where the sockets would usually be, head is mostly smooth and featureless save for a visor almost certainly placed over his optics, it's orange and tends to faintly glow with otherworldly power. Nothing too exceptional, just a bit weird)

(01-29-2016, 03:38 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 02:48 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "WHAT, YOUR WHOLE RACE JUST SPONTANEOUSLY POPPED BACK INTO REALITY? THAT'S CONVIENIENT."

"Not spontaneously. But every so often I catch up to them in time-space. Or come across a world with similar evolutionary pressures that caused a similar type of being to form. I enjoy it while it lasts, because it seldom does. And yet I still wander alone, outlasting them again and again. Why I wonder, but I will never really know."

Seeing the map, Danu moves closer to it so she can get a good look at what was nearby. For the most part, EDEN was exactly as its name implied- a station with everything you could possibly want aboard.

"Ah... SO YOUR SPECIES ALL TRAVEL BETWEEN UNIVERSES? THAT-
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WONDER? ARE YOU NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS LONG LIVED?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 08:21 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 audibly scoffs.
"Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
FOR YOUR SAKE!"
He crumples the letter and drops it into a portal which deposits it in the local Sun.
"The nerve of these beings...I suppose if nothing else this should serve as a reminder of the task at hand..." 753 got up and walked off, he had a few ideas who to ask next, and made a note to tamper with guard's systems so they can't track him.

(To be clear to everyone involved, 753 is hideously overpowered and if you force his hand on any violent action nothing short of direct divine intervention will save you. That is why I am endeavoring to keep him purely a plot device rather than a consistent character, and I would appreciate nobody pressing the matter when I try not to let him get in any sort of fight)

// I'm not aiming to fight 753; it was more of just a general warning. I have plot stuff planned for next thread that involves Umbra's Anomaly thing.
// Nonetheless, you still shouldn't fuck with The Sergeant. It's canon that he's beaten most of the High Guards in sparring matches without even lifting a finger.
// ...
// Shit, spoilers.

(01-29-2016, 04:22 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 03:38 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Not spontaneously. But every so often I catch up to them in time-space. Or come across a world with similar evolutionary pressures that caused a similar type of being to form. I enjoy it while it lasts, because it seldom does. And yet I still wander alone, outlasting them again and again. Why I wonder, but I will never really know."

"Ah... SO YOUR SPECIES ALL TRAVEL BETWEEN UNIVERSES? THAT-

"They're not. I really have no idea how or why. We're getting into topics I don't like to talk about though, lets just say that its impossible to calculate how old I actually am because the flow of time I have experienced is not constant."

She sighs, trying not to think about all the places she had been before. It was not good to talk about other universes when arriving in one, the contamination would alter timelines in potentially bad ways. And indeed, over the eternity of wandering she had endured, most of what she had seen had fused into an endless blur anyway.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 01:50 PM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:She looked down and sighed drooping her ears a bit.

"I... i don't know if they are anywhere around... or if they still live... i lost them along time ago."

//oh gosh darn it >A< i ment where are you From not where are your friend >~< how does one make such a typo

"O-oh i-im sorry" tourmaline looks down for a breif moment as she seems to be thinking about something

"i-i wish there was something i can do to help you abit but i honastly cant think of anything right ow ;~; im s-sorry"

She gave a look of kindness to her friend softly placing a paw on them and smiling.

"its okay... they moved on by natural causes... sometimes things like that are out of your control."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 02:00 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "You and I seem to understand that kind of loneliness though- at times I felt like I was the last of my kind in existance.

// oh, please. > w>
// Umbra's life is so depressing

(01-29-2016, 05:52 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 04:22 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Ah... SO YOUR SPECIES ALL TRAVEL BETWEEN UNIVERSES? THAT-

"They're not. I really have no idea how or why. We're getting into topics I don't like to talk about though, lets just say that its impossible to calculate how old I actually am because the flow of time I have experienced is not constant."

She sighs, trying not to think about all the places she had been before. It was not good to talk about other universes when arriving in one, the contamination would alter timelines in potentially bad ways. And indeed, over the eternity of wandering she had endured, most of what she had seen had fused into an endless blur anyway.

"My apologies.
SO, THERE'S A SPACEPORT NEARBY. PRETTY SURE THEY ALSO HAVE SOME PLANET-GOING SHUTTLES AT THOSE, TOO. I'D SAY IT'S WORTH CHECKING OUT."