Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 07:38 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 07:16 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the gaurd finally arived at a clearing, with a black sphere floating and sucking up matter. It appears to be a gravitational anomilly or a rift*

The Glitch stands there for a second, then turns around and starts walking back. There isn't anything it can do.
*the anomaly becomes unstable and begins to collapse into a rift to a Unknown time and demisoion,between the pit of mans fear and the peak of his knowledge*
//the twilight zone refrence.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 01-31-2016

Gregor's ears perked while he was walking. He stared off past the town's border, where the buildings ended and the wilderness began. He could hear strange sounds with those keen ears, coming from over a dusty hill in the distance.

Against his better judgement, the Jakkai dropped on all fours and left the sidewalk, running toward the hill at high speed.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 01-31-2016

Quote:"well to be honest.. the kindness is very nice honestly thank you so very much!"

She smiled sighing as she looked about.

"hmm they must be slow today..."

"Arent hospitals always slow?" tourmaline giggled alittle bit whilst looking around all of the posters and leaflts dotted around the room

"Heh i never thought i'd ever find myself in a multi specie hospital before"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 07:18 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 11:36 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "OF COURSE!"
He starts heading down the hall to the left, before turning, looking back at the map, and going down the hall to the right instead.

"Is the surface of the planet built up like this too? Whats it like down there?"

She follows him, waiting to see the planet below

"WELL. NO.
I WASN'T REALLY PAYING ATTENTION AT THE TIME BUT IT BLEW UP OR SOMETHING?"
He makes an expanding gesture with his hands for emphasis.
"KIND OF BARREN LAND AND WILDERNESS. NOT MUCH MAJOR HABITATION YET, SORT OF A FRONTIER.
SO THE CONSTRUCTION WORK WOULD PROBABLY BE VERY APPRECIATED. I UNDERSTAND THERE ARE SMALL POCKETS OF PEOPLE GOING TO LIVE JUST ABOUT EVERYWHERE. I THINK. SOMETHING LIKE THAT, ANYWAY. THE POINT IS, THEY NEED HOUSES, YOU NEED MONEY, IT'S A WIN-WIN!"

The dock is like a long, wide hallway, with a window every few feet looking to the outcroppings used to dock ships on. A couple are coming and going, but this port doesn't seem particularily busy.
Off to the side are a couple much smaller outcroppings that say "Planetary Shuttle Services", and sure enough, through the windows some smaller, ultilitarian looking shuttles are connected and on standby.
((I am unsure as to what the docks are supposed to look like, so I went with a generic "branching" style. If this isn't correct, well, the station was built by lots of people from different cultures, right? I guess there could be different design choices on the docks.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 08:00 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the anomaly becomes unstable and begins to collapse into a rift to a Unknown time and demisoion,between the pit of mans fear and the peak of his knowledge*
//the twilight zone refrence.

The Glitch keeps walking. It brought weapons fit to deal with magic-users and beings like The Anomaly, sure, but not a single thing to deal with a space-time rift.

(01-31-2016, 08:18 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor's ears perked while he was walking. He stared off past the town's border, where the buildings ended and the wilderness began. He could hear strange sounds with those keen ears, coming from over a dusty hill in the distance.

Against his better judgement, the Jakkai dropped on all fours and left the sidewalk, running toward the hill at high speed.

He ends up running into the Glitch- either literally or not.
"I will have to ask you to stop there, citizen."
Its voice is distorted, but definitely male.

(01-31-2016, 09:48 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "WELL. NO.
"KIND OF BARREN LAND AND WILDERNESS. NOT MUCH MAJOR HABITATION YET, SORT OF A FRONTIER.
SO THE CONSTRUCTION WORK WOULD PROBABLY BE VERY APPRECIATED. I UNDERSTAND THERE ARE SMALL POCKETS OF PEOPLE GOING TO LIVE JUST ABOUT EVERYWHERE. I THINK. SOMETHING LIKE THAT, ANYWAY. THE POINT IS, THEY NEED HOUSES, YOU NEED MONEY, IT'S A WIN-WIN!"

The dock is like a long, wide hallway, with a window every few feet looking to the outcroppings used to dock ships on. A couple are coming and going, but this port doesn't seem particularily busy.
Off to the side are a couple much smaller outcroppings that say "Planetary Shuttle Services", and sure enough, through the windows some smaller, ultilitarian looking shuttles are connected and on standby.
((I am unsure as to what the docks are supposed to look like, so I went with a generic "branching" style. If this isn't correct, well, the station was built by lots of people from different cultures, right? I guess there could be different design choices on the docks.))

A strange creature is sitting on one of the benches, clothed like a Human in ordinary clothing; jeans, shoes, jacket, and the like, as well as a knit beanie/hat thing with two elliptical, somewhat cone-like ears with a thick teal band in the middle of each one. Its tail is very similar to the ears, but has a more foxlike look to it. The whites of its eyes are not white at all, but a color to match the rings on its ears and tail.
The strange being seems to be waiting for its shuttle. There aren't any others like it in the crowd- or anywhere, for that matter.

(01-31-2016, 10:09 PM)Umbra Wrote: He ends up running into the Glitch- either literally or not.
"I will have to ask you to stop there, citizen."
Its voice is distorted, but definitely male.

Gregor quickly skidded to a stop before he ran into the Glitch. He looked at it with concern.

"I heard noises over that hill. What's going on? Are you a guard?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-31-2016

(next candidate on the list is scyn, should be the most interesting meeting)

(01-31-2016, 10:09 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 09:48 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "WELL. NO.

A strange creature is sitting on one of the benches, clothed like a Human in ordinary clothing; jeans, shoes, jacket, and the like, as well as a knit beanie/hat thing with two elliptical, somewhat cone-like ears with a thick teal band in the middle of each one. Its tail is very similar to the ears, but has a more foxlike look to it. The whites of its eyes are not white at all, but a color to match the rings on its ears and tail.
The strange being seems to be waiting for its shuttle. There aren't any others like it in the crowd- or anywhere, for that matter.

Scyn stops and squints at the strange creature, then impoliticly yells from the opposite end of the hall: "HEY, HAVE WE MET? I FEEL LIKE I RECOGNIZE YOU."
Multiple bystanders, clearly finding that very awkward, shuffle out of the way as quickly as possible without making it weirder.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 10:15 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor quickly skidded to a stop before he ran into the Glitch. He looked at it with concern.

"Yes. I suggest that you turn around."

(01-31-2016, 10:49 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Scyn stops and squints at the strange creature, then impoliticly yells from the opposite end of the hall: "HEY, HAVE WE MET? I FEEL LIKE I RECOGNIZE YOU."
Multiple bystanders, clearly finding that very awkward, shuffle out of the way as quickly as possible without making it weirder.

Its ears twitch at the sudden noise.
"...Uh... Maybe?..."

(01-31-2016, 10:53 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 10:49 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Scyn stops and squints at the strange creature, then impoliticly yells from the opposite end of the hall: "HEY, HAVE WE MET? I FEEL LIKE I RECOGNIZE YOU."

Its ears twitch at the sudden noise.
"...Uh... Maybe?..."

"Hmmmm..."
He gets a close enough that the distance is slighly less ridiculous.
"AH! YES! THE NEWS! YOU WERE ON THE NEWS BROADCAST."

(01-31-2016, 10:53 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 10:15 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor quickly skidded to a stop before he ran into the Glitch. He looked at it with concern.

"Yes. I suggest that you turn around."
Gregor knew better than to cause trouble for someone who might possibly be his partner in the future, so he nodded and turned back toward the town. 
"Is it something bad?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 01-31-2016

*the anomilly stabilized into a rift, causing a large gust of mind to emit form the tear, causing a audible roar of air. At this point it's obvious to tell the anomaly isn't natural*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 09:03 PM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:"well to be honest.. the kindness is very nice honestly thank you so very much!"

She smiled sighing as she looked about.

"hmm they must be slow today..."

"Arent hospitals always slow?" tourmaline giggled alittle bit whilst looking around all of the posters and leaflts dotted around the room

"Heh i never thought i'd ever find myself in a multi specie hospital before"

"along time ago... yes they were very slow... but recent technology has made most check ups take maybe a 20 minutes or so for a full complete exam... makes me wonder why ... must be something major going on in the back.

She let out a sigh as she placed her paw on her chin as she looked to tourmaline seeing her looking at the room.

"you would be surprised what you actually be surprised with the universe when you take the time and let things happen."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-01-2016

(01-31-2016, 11:02 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Hmmmm..."

He sighs. "Yeah... Unfortunately..."

(01-31-2016, 11:18 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor knew better than to cause trouble for someone who might possibly be his partner in the future, so he nodded and turned back toward the town. 
"Is it something bad?"

"Yes, but I am on the way to get somebody more qualified to deal with it."

(01-31-2016, 11:24 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the anomilly stabilized into a rift, causing a large gust of mind to emit form the tear, causing a audible roar of air. At this point it's obvious to tell the anomaly isn't natural*

"From the sound of things, I might need to hurry."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 02-01-2016

Gregor ducked down when the wind roared over the hill. The sound and its reaction brought back memories... bad memories.

"Is it a monster? Like the one that attacked my expedition team?"

(02-01-2016, 12:37 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor ducked down when the wind roared over the hill. The sound and its reaction brought back memories... bad memories.

"No. There is, however, some sort of rift. I am going back to let the station know that we have a problem."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 12:55 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 12:37 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor ducked down when the wind roared over the hill. The sound and its reaction brought back memories... bad memories.

"No. There is, however, some sort of rift. I am going back to let the station know that we have a problem."
*chuncks of a sleek black metal shoots out of the rift with some alien looking macheniery, and the rift is audibly pulsing in a low base tone*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 12:55 AM)Umbra Wrote:

"...Couldn't you just call them from here? Why would you have to go all the way back to tell them?"

He ducked again as the second "explosion" occurred, and looked from the hill toward the town. A terrible thought occurred to him; what if whatever was coming from the rift attacked the settlement?

"...Sorry. I shouldn't be saying such things. Are you sure you don't need help? I did just apply for the position of Guard, after all."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 12:32 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 11:02 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Hmmmm..."

He sighs. "Yeah... Unfortunately..."

"WAS IT NOT A GOOD REASON?
NO REALLY, I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT THE DEAL WAS.
ACTUALLY, I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHY I WATCHED THAT BROADCAST. WAS IT THE COOKING SEGMENT?"

(02-01-2016, 01:03 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *chuncks of a sleek black metal shoots out of the rift with some alien looking macheniery, and the rift is audibly pulsing in a low base tone*

The Glitch puts up his hardlight shield to defend against any debris coming its way.

(02-01-2016, 01:15 AM)Comito Wrote: "...Couldn't you just call them from here? Why would you have to go all the way back to tell them?"

He ducked again as the second "explosion" occurred, and looked from the hill toward the town. A terrible thought occurred to him; what if whatever was coming from the rift attacked the settlement?

"...Sorry. I shouldn't be saying such things. Are you sure you don't need help? I did just apply for the position of Guard, after all."

"I would rather not be around for whatever that rift is doing."

(02-01-2016, 01:18 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "WAS IT NOT A GOOD REASON?
NO REALLY, I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT THE DEAL WAS.
ACTUALLY, I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHY I WATCHED THAT BROADCAST. WAS IT THE COOKING SEGMENT?"

"No, it was just unavoidable. It's also just... weird, walking around and knowing that almost everyone knows who you are... Sure, some people would give anything to be recognized, but I never asked for this."