Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 01:07 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 12:09 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: yes i don't have any spare ammo,but don't worry i won't kill you, and before you ask i can't hide you either, the one spot is taken

This... Doesn't make any sense. 
I wake up from the weirdest dream, you where there, and find myself in a dark ship covered what appeared to be avail feather, and find a bloody knife and a journal of a insane person that appears to be be well, me.

*he sounds somewhat like a young adult, but his voice isn't quite low at all. His voice sounds welcoming but shouldn't be trusted. He sounds like someone who might have entertained children, but something doesn't seem right about him overal*
well yesterday i woke up lying in the dirt, but anyways you should probably get out of my shop, it's kinda late

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 11-03-2015

(11-02-2015, 11:42 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 11:39 PM)Surge Wrote: (so to clear some things up will the RP be on the planet or the station for the most part? it's a rather important detail to me)

// Right now, most of the people are on the surface except Tim and Shaad's characters. Umbra and Wurg are just visiting.
// It's fairly easy to go from one to the other.

((Oi, my characters are planetside too, for the most part.
Also sorry about my absence. Didn't realize the forums were going faster than a rock on a snail on a turtle in the middle of the ocean again.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 01:19 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((Oi, my characters are planetside too, for the most part.
Also sorry about my absence. Didn't realize the forums were going faster than a rock on a snail on a turtle in the middle of the ocean again.))

// Oh, they are? Whoops.
// Well, Wurg and Umbra are on the ship now.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 01:10 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 01:07 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: This... Doesn't make any sense. 
I wake up from the weirdest dream, you where there, and find myself in a dark ship covered what appeared to be avail feather, and find a bloody knife and a journal of a insane person that appears to be be well, me.

*he sounds somewhat like a young adult, but his voice isn't quite low at all. His voice sounds welcoming but shouldn't be trusted. He sounds like someone who might have entertained children, but something doesn't seem right about him overal*
well yesterday i woke up lying in the dirt, but anyways you should probably get out of my shop, it's kinda late
*he drops the phone and walks away from the counter*
I'll be back, eventually.
*he steps outside and runs into the woods*
"It all went downhill after his inprisinent. Whatever happens down in thoes Mines changed him. Some would even say he died and was reborn a new person. And then he discovered hemalurgy." Rrthain

(11-03-2015, 01:23 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 01:10 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: well yesterday i woke up lying in the dirt, but anyways you should probably get out of my shop, it's kinda late
*he drops the phone and walks away from the counter*
I'll be back, eventually.
*he steps outside and runs into the woods*
"It all went downhill after his inprisinent. Whatever happens down in thoes Mines changed him. Some would even say he died and was reborn a new person. And then he discovered hemalurgy." Rrthain
well bye then *picks up the phone* he could of at least handed me the phone

"...Uh... Hello?... Tim?..."
Umbra realizes he's probably being ignored.
"Uh... Never mind... We should probably get you to that appointment, huh, Wurg?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-03-2015

thease memories don't seem to belong to me. Almost if it came from another world...I can't rember anything before I woke up, I just wanna know what happens before I woke up, and why his face seemed so familiar.
*The forest floor gave out sending him down lichen covered stone stairs, and hits the bottom with a thud*

"He took joy from the messy art of hemalurgy. The processes of metal stakes being driven through a heart of a living being to acquire a certain attribute. They very by the type of metal the spike is, and one the attribute is imbued with the spike, it must be inbeded into the person who wishes to going the atrubute of the spike. If the spike is removed so if the atrubute" ,Rythain

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 01:36 AM)Umbra Wrote: "...Uh... Hello?... Tim?..."
"Uh... Never mind... We should probably get you to that appointment, huh, Wurg?"

"Uh, yeah, that'd be a good idea. We might be able to find him again..."

i hope my new part-time employee get's back soon or i might have to lock up without him

(11-03-2015, 01:40 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Uh, yeah, that'd be a good idea. We might be able to find him again..."

"Yeah... After all, we don't want to keep your doctor waiting, and I still need to file the report." Umbra starts walking. "It's over this way."

(11-03-2015, 01:47 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 01:40 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Uh, yeah, that'd be a good idea. We might be able to find him again..."

"Yeah... After all, we don't want to keep your doctor waiting, and I still need to file the report." Umbra starts walking. "It's over this way."

Wurg nodded, and followed after Umbra. The cybernetics clinic really was quite close by - only a ten minute walk from the spaceport. A small, modest sign above an entryway marked it out from the other buildings. The inside was clean and white, and certainly looked like a clinic.

"Yeah, this is it. Uh...thanks, Umbra. We should probably stay in contact...though I assume you live in that town we were both in, right? We can talk later, hopefully. Maybe...work the dream thing out."

(11-03-2015, 01:52 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg nodded, and followed after Umbra. The cybernetics clinic really was quite close by - only a ten minute walk from the spaceport. A small, modest sign above an entryway marked it out from the other buildings. The inside was clean and white, and certainly looked like a clinic.

"Yeah, this is it. Uh...thanks, Umbra. We should probably stay in contact...though I assume you live in that town we were both in, right? We can talk later, hopefully. Maybe...work the dream thing out."

"Yeah, of course. You shouldn't have a problem finding my house... It really stands out. Well, I better go... That report won't file itself... See you later." He waves goodbye and heads off to the guards' department.

i guess i'll just lock up with out him *lock doors and hangs sign saying* sorry Kevin had to lock up before you got back.

The inside of the Guards' Department was sleek and black, with a single receptionist at the entryway.
"Welcome! Please state your business."
Umbra takes out a leather billfold and drops it open, revealing a silver-and-red badge emblazoned with a shield and sword.
"Go ahead."
Without another word, he nods and enters, making his way straight to the terminal and connecting his communicator. He sits down and waits for the upload to finish.
"So, what brings you here?" A thin man in business casual approaches him.
"Communicator wouldn't connect for some reason... Could you look at that for me, please?" Once the upload finishes, Umbra disconnects his communicator and offers the device to the suited employee.
"Right away." It's taken with a smile as the unknown person strides off to the technical department.
Meanwhile, the surveillance video plays in fast motion as the document is brought up onscreen. It shows someone trying to break into a house who is swiftly interrupted by an unknown energy blast freezing his feet to the ground.
Then, something strange is displayed in fast motion...
A strange white figure walks up to the captured bandit. It's outlined in a deep black all around its body, a hole through its head taking up where its face would be. Particles of the same substance as the figure rise and dissipate off its head, giving off the illusion of some form of hair.
The criminal is cuffed in ice and carried off somewhere. The video and text file disappear, the words 'UPLOAD COMPLETE' taking their place.
The man in business casual returns.
"Just a connectivity issue. The guys in tech got it fixed in a jiff."
"Thanks." Umbra gladly takes back his pho- communicator, making sure to sign out of the system before he heads out.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 12:36 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 12:27 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: She glanced over, and nodded. "Vaguely, yeah...should we talk to him or something?"

"I guess it wouldn't hurt..." He walks over to Tim.
"Hey, uh, dumb question... Your name's Tim, right?"

Apparently, Tim had fallen asleep. He would probably still be around when they came back.
//Sorry guys, I got caught up with something important, but I'm back now.

(11-03-2015, 02:40 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Apparently, Tim had fallen asleep. He would probably still be around when they came back.

// Ah.

(11-03-2015, 02:40 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 12:36 AM)Umbra Wrote: "I guess it wouldn't hurt..." He walks over to Tim.
"Hey, uh, dumb question... Your name's Tim, right?"

Apparently, Tim had fallen asleep. He would probably still be around when they came back.

((It's fine, don't worry about it. Stuff happens.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-03-2015

(I just remembered that no RP plan that depends on any initiative by somebody else ever works...hold on I'm going back to the drawing board.)

(11-03-2015, 02:03 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 01:52 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg nodded, and followed after Umbra. The cybernetics clinic really was quite close by - only a ten minute walk from the spaceport. A small, modest sign above an entryway marked it out from the other buildings. The inside was clean and white, and certainly looked like a clinic.

"Yeah, of course. You shouldn't have a problem finding my house... It really stands out. Well, I better go... That report won't file itself... See you later." He waves goodbye and heads off to the guards' department.

"Mhm...later, then." Wurg stepped into the building, and walked up to the receptionist counter. Of course, the counter was a lot taller than Wurg's standing height, but that didn't matter too much much. Wurg balanced on her tail, and knocked on the desk. "Uh, hello, I'm here for my appointment?"

The receptionist, who only just then realized that there was someone there, peered over the counter. They were an average-looking human of indeterminate gender, and their left eye was glowing a faint green color. Most likely cybernetic. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. Name, please?"

"Right, right, sorry. Ah, Owurgedt Coppergaze should be the name it's filed under." The last name felt foreign to her, but it felt correct at the same time. Whatever.

"Ah, Owurgedt. Down the hall and to the right, your mechanic is waiting for you. You shouldn't have kept him waiting so long, you know."

"Sorry, I barely caught the shuttle and almost didn't know where to go. Just...I've had a rough few days."

The receptionist simply nodded. Wurg dropped back to her feet, and headed down to the room she was instructed to go to. She looked inside, and saw another Jakkai waiting for her. As soon as her head came around the corner, the other Jakkai's face lit up. "Ah, you're here now! I'm glad, I'm glad. Nice to see you once again, Copper."

"Ah, yes, a pleasure to see you too. Uh, so...this is my..."

"Two month checkup, yes. I need to make sure your recovery is proceeding correctly. Though, considering how wel you're walking around I'd say you're doing fairly well!"

Wurg nodded, and gave the other Jakkai a small smile. "Yeah, everything still feels a bit off, but I'm still getting used to it. The AI is helping."

The other Jakkai's face fell immediately at the mention of AI. "Uh...what do you mean AI? You aren't supposed to have one...in fact, you don't have the capability to have one. There's no AI chip in your brain, and what runs your cybernetics isn't strong enough to support an AI."

Wurg's face expressed how she felt: Confused. "But...it's there. Are you sure? It's supposed to help me adapt to the cybernetics..."

"Oh! That's not an AI, honey, that's-"

"Don't call me 'honey'."

"...Er, that's just a small reminder-slash-interface program. It's nowhere near as sophisticated as a true AI. They can't do much more than say prerecorded messages. I was worried that you were hallucinating, which is a very bad sign."

Wurg nodded shallowly. Just from her few conversations with Ehks, she knew it wasn't just a small program with pre-recorded messages, but that didn't matter. She could talk with it about that later. "Anyways, shouldn't we start the examination now?"

"Oh, yes, of course!"

---

An hour or two later, Wurg slipped her shirt back on. It was...awkward, to say the least. Of course, "Doctor" (Cybernetic engineer?) Hardpaw had to confirm there were no infections where Wurg's cybernetics were. Everything was properly calibrated and fully functional. His scans of the software turned up nothing suspicious, and everything checked out.

"It really does surprise me how quickly you've recovered, Copper! It normally takes people half a year to fully acclimate to such a drastic change in their body, especially after what you went through...but you're doing amazingly well!"

"Ah...thank you. I'm just glad I have someone as capable as you working on my cybernetics."

Doctor Hardpaw beamed at the compliment. "Anyways, thank you for your time. Your insurance'll cover it perfectly well. You might be able to go back to work soon enough as well! Probably just one more month, though..."

Wurg nodded. "I understand. Really, it is getting kinda boring just sitting around at home...having a job again will be nice."

"Just...uh, stay safe this time, okay? It's still dangerous on 17..."

Wurg sighed, and nodded. "I know, I know. Thank you." She turned around, slipped on her hoodie, and left the clinic. It was almost time to go back home, after all.

(11-03-2015, 03:26 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: Snip

Umbra is patiently waiting for Wurg's return on the same bench as Tim.