Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 02-01-2016

*the storm of metal and electronics continue to spew out of the rift with the ocasdional shockwave. It seems to become increasing unstable, warping the near by gravity*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 01:53 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 01:03 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *chuncks of a sleek black metal shoots out of the rift with some alien looking macheniery, and the rift is audibly pulsing in a low base tone*

The Glitch puts up his hardlight shield to defend against any debris coming its way.

(02-01-2016, 01:15 AM)Comito Wrote: "...Couldn't you just call them from here? Why would you have to go all the way back to tell them?"

He ducked again as the second "explosion" occurred, and looked from the hill toward the town. A terrible thought occurred to him; what if whatever was coming from the rift attacked the settlement?

"...Sorry. I shouldn't be saying such things. Are you sure you don't need help? I did just apply for the position of Guard, after all."

"I would rather not be around for whatever that rift is doing."

"Well, alright then, if you insist. Good luck, and stay safe!"

With that, Gregor turned and ran on all fours toward the town again. The noises behind him were only growing more ominous; he at least had to make sure Wurg was safe.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 01:53 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 01:18 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "WAS IT NOT A GOOD REASON?
NO REALLY, I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT THE DEAL WAS.
ACTUALLY, I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHY I WATCHED THAT BROADCAST. WAS IT THE COOKING SEGMENT?"

"No, it was just unavoidable. It's also just... weird, walking around and knowing that almost everyone knows who you are... Sure, some people would give anything to be recognized, but I never asked for this."

"AH.
...IF YOU DON'T LIKE EVERYONE KNOWING YOU WHY'VE YOU STUCK AROUND?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 01:53 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the storm of metal and electronics continue to spew out of the rift with the ocasdional shockwave. It seems to become increasing unstable, warping the near by gravity*

This is getting out of hand. I need to let the station know immediately.
The Glitch double-times it back towards the station.

(02-01-2016, 02:05 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "AH.

"Because not only is there nowhere for me to go, but I have an important position here I can't just give up. I also have plenty of questions that need answers."

(02-01-2016, 02:29 AM)Umbra Wrote:

"Because not only is there nowhere for me to go, but I have an important position here I can't just give up. I also have plenty of questions that need answers."

"IMPORTANT POSITION? YOU ONE OF THOSE SUPERGUARDS OR WHATEVER? AND REALLY, I DON'T SEE HOW YOU'LL EVER FIND ANSWERS HERE. ALL I EVER FIND ARE QUESTIONS. WHICH IS GREAT, BECAUSE I HAVE ANSWERS AND AM LOOKING FOR QUESTIONS. MUCH EASIER THAN THE OPPOSITE."

(02-01-2016, 02:39 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "IMPORTANT POSITION? YOU ONE OF THOSE SUPERGUARDS OR WHATEVER? AND REALLY, I DON'T SEE HOW YOU'LL EVER FIND ANSWERS HERE. ALL I EVER FIND ARE QUESTIONS. WHICH IS GREAT, BECAUSE I HAVE ANSWERS AND AM LOOKING FOR QUESTIONS. MUCH EASIER THAN THE OPPOSITE."

"Let's just say some weird stuff's been happening to me recently. Weirder than normal."

"And yes, since you asked, I'm a High Guard. It's at least interesting."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 02:29 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 01:53 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the storm of metal and electronics continue to spew out of the rift with the ocasdional shockwave. It seems to become increasing unstable, warping the near by gravity*

This is getting out of hand. I need to let the station know immediately.
The Glitch double-times it back towards the station.

*the rift contineus, larger shards of sleek black metal continue to stream out, occasionally tearing away the land and consuming it*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 02-01-2016

"It blew up? Maybe I'd better look into the history of it to see what happened. But its okay to live on now isn't it?" She looked worried all of a sudden, hearing about the planet's history. Seeing the docks and shuttles, Danu smiles at their engineering. While a bit commonplace in design, it was a very practical arrangement for people to live in space and work on the planet perhaps.

"Oh hello." Danu waves to the creature as Scyn talks to them. It seemed that Scyn recognized this person from the news, but she hadn't seen that broadcast given her only recent arrival.

"If it was just because of a news broadcast, it'll be temporary. People are excited to see someone who was in the news in person. Just think of it as a taste of what people who are in the media all the time have to deal with, because for them the fame never goes away. Many have to travel in disguise to avoid unwanted mob scenes." Danu smiles, enjoying some relief from the phenomena because she didn't yet have a reputation that would cause her to be treated like that.

(02-01-2016, 02:04 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "It blew up? Maybe I'd better look into the history of it to see what happened. But its okay to live on now isn't it?" She looked worried all of a sudden, hearing about the planet's history. Seeing the docks and shuttles, Danu smiles at their engineering. While a bit commonplace in design, it was a very practical arrangement for people to live in space and work on the planet perhaps.

"Oh hello." Danu waves to the creature as Scyn talks to them. It seemed that Scyn recognized this person from the news, but she hadn't seen that broadcast given her only recent arrival.

"If it was just because of a news broadcast, it'll be temporary. People are excited to see someone who was in the news in person. Just think of it as a taste of what people who are in the media all the time have to deal with, because for them the fame never goes away. Many have to travel in disguise to avoid unwanted mob scenes." Danu smiles, enjoying some relief from the phenomena because she didn't yet have a reputation that would cause her to be treated like that.

"Said newscast was two years ago."

(02-01-2016, 02:04 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "It blew up? Maybe I'd better look into the history of it to see what happened. But its okay to live on now isn't it?" She looked worried all of a sudden, hearing about the planet's history. Seeing the docks and shuttles, Danu smiles at their engineering. While a bit commonplace in design, it was a very practical arrangement for people to live in space and work on the planet perhaps.

"IF IT WASN'T SAFE, I'M PRETTY SURE THERE WOULDN'T BE PUBLIC TRANSPORT TO IT. SOMETHING SOMETHING LEGAL SOMETHING.
ANYWAY, YEAH, DANU HERE IS RIGHT! DON'T FRET, THE PUBLICITY WILL WEAR OFF-"

(02-01-2016, 02:59 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Said newscast was two years ago."

"-OH. WOW, THAT LONG AGO, REALLY? IT REALLY MUST HAVE BEEN A BIG DEAL. DID YOU ACCIDENTALLY CAUSE A STAR TO GO SUPERNOVA OR SOMETHING? NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW THAT HAPPENS TO BRING A LOT OF ATTENTION."

(02-01-2016, 11:46 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "IF IT WASN'T SAFE, I'M PRETTY SURE THERE WOULDN'T BE PUBLIC TRANSPORT TO IT. SOMETHING SOMETHING LEGAL SOMETHING.

(02-01-2016, 02:59 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Said newscast was two years ago."

"-OH. WOW, THAT LONG AGO, REALLY? IT REALLY MUST HAVE BEEN A BIG DEAL. DID YOU ACCIDENTALLY CAUSE A STAR TO GO SUPERNOVA OR SOMETHING? NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW THAT HAPPENS TO BRING A LOT OF ATTENTION."

"I suddenly appeared in someone's apartment, then was brought to a research lab for further study because no one had ever seen anything like me before. The media... More or less followed their every move."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 11:49 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 11:46 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "IF IT WASN'T SAFE, I'M PRETTY SURE THERE WOULDN'T BE PUBLIC TRANSPORT TO IT. SOMETHING SOMETHING LEGAL SOMETHING.

"I suddenly appeared in someone's apartment, then was brought to a research lab for further study because no one had ever seen anything like me before. The media... More or less followed their every move."
"Materializing in private places causes a stir? News to me"
753 is apparently "hiding" behind a newspaper on a nearby bench, though it's not clear WHERE he got a newspaper

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-02-2016

(02-01-2016, 11:53 PM)Surge Wrote: "Materializing in private places causes a stir? News to me"
753 is apparently "hiding" behind a newspaper on a nearby bench, though it's not clear WHERE he got a newspaper

Umbra looks toward 753 with suspicion.
"...Are you following me or something?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 02-02-2016

*the rift begins to emit electro magnetic pulses, disrupting or destroy any near by electronics that haven't been hardened. Then it goes silent*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 01:31 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 11:53 PM)Surge Wrote: "Materializing in private places causes a stir? News to me"

Umbra looks toward 753 with suspicion.
753 folds the newspaper up and tosses it over his shoulder
"Not really it's just a pleasant little accident that our paths crossed once more, I intended to speak with the strange fellow with the strange accent and apparently exceptional memory there"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 01:50 AM)Surge Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 01:31 AM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra looks toward 753 with suspicion.
753 folds the newspaper up and tosses it over his shoulder
"Not really it's just a pleasant little accident that our paths crossed once more, I intended to speak with the strange fellow with the strange accent and apparently exceptional memory there"

"...
DOES HE MEAN ME? YOU MEAN ME DON'T YOU?
WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME? REPAIRS?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 01:44 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the rift begins to emit electro magnetic pulses, disrupting or destroy any near by electronics that haven't been hardened. Then it goes silent*

A large group of guards start setting... something up around the afflicted area. It looks like some sort of track.

(02-02-2016, 01:50 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 folds the newspaper up and tosses it over his shoulder

"Ah. All right, then..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 01:59 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 01:50 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 folds the newspaper up and tosses it over his shoulder

"...
753 scoffs
"I'd never let a being like you even see my inner workings...though I have something more on your level"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 02:09 AM)Surge Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 01:59 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "...
753 scoffs
"I'd never let a being like you even see my inner workings...though I have something more on your level"

"HAH! A BEING LIKE ME!
WELL AT LEAST THAT MEANS YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM. SO, WHAT IS IT, THEN, MR. MAGNETS?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 02:00 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 01:44 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the rift begins to emit electro magnetic pulses, disrupting or destroy any near by electronics that haven't been hardened. Then it goes silent*

A large group of guards start setting... something up around the afflicted area. It looks like some sort of track.

Gregor had nearly reached the town again, but the electromagnetic pulses hit the synthetic Jakkai and left him paralyzed until his body rebooted.

When he came to again, he got back up in a bit of a daze and looked back, zooming in with his eyes to watch the assembled guards.