Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 02:12 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 02:09 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 scoffs
"I'd never let a being like you even see my inner workings...though I have something more on your level"

"HAH! A BEING LIKE ME!
WELL AT LEAST THAT MEANS YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM. SO, WHAT IS IT, THEN, MR. MAGNETS?"
"Just some problems of varying nature that I can't attend to myself. The greater good, save a substantial number of lives, avert disaster, standard saving the day things. Though I would advise you to not insult my knowledge on anything, I'm older than any given reality you've set foot in and I assure you that the most likely reason I don't know who you are is because out of infinite beings across infinite realities most individuals fall beneath my notice."
Scyn's remarks have obviously irritated 753.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 02:19 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor had nearly reached the town again, but the electromagnetic pulses hit the synthetic Jakkai and left him paralyzed until his body rebooted.

When he came to again, he got back up in a bit of a daze and looked back, zooming in with his eyes to watch the assembled guards.

They're definitely laying down some sort of track in a ring around the area. What it's for is hard to tell.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 02:19 AM)Surge Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 02:12 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "HAH! A BEING LIKE ME!
WELL AT LEAST THAT MEANS YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM. SO, WHAT IS IT, THEN, MR. MAGNETS?"
"Just some problems of varying nature that I can't attend to myself. The greater good, save a substantial number of lives, avert disaster, standard saving the day things. Though I would advise you to not insult my knowledge on anything, I'm older than any given reality you've set foot in and I assure you that the most likely reason I don't know who you are is because out of infinite beings across infinite realities most individuals fall beneath my notice."

He tries to suppress a smug smile, and half-succeeds, leading to a sort of grin-grimace. "Well, if it involves me leaving this solar system I can't help you, so you'll have to find someone else to do whatever glorious quest you have prepared. Besides, if I'm so beneath you then obviously my expertise isn't required, and frankly I have a job I'm quite happy with already."

(02-02-2016, 02:29 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 02:19 AM)Surge Wrote: "Just some problems of varying nature that I can't attend to myself. The greater good, save a substantial number of lives, avert disaster, standard saving the day things. Though I would advise you to not insult my knowledge on anything, I'm older than any given reality you've set foot in and I assure you that the most likely reason I don't know who you are is because out of infinite beings across infinite realities most individuals fall beneath my notice."

He tries to suppress a smug smile, and half-succeeds, leading to a sort of grin-grimace. "Well, if it involves me leaving this solar system I can't help you, so you'll have to find someone else to do whatever glorious quest you have prepared. Besides, if I'm so beneath you then obviously my expertise isn't required, and frankly I have a job I'm quite happy with already."
"I'm simply casting my net wide, if you aren't interested in helping and have no questions then I will be on my way."
753 stands up and hesitates a moment before he departs.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 02:00 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 01:44 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the rift begins to emit electro magnetic pulses, disrupting or destroy any near by electronics that haven't been hardened. Then it goes silent*

A large group of guards start setting... something up around the afflicted area. It looks like some sort of track.

(02-02-2016, 01:50 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 folds the newspaper up and tosses it over his shoulder
"Not really it's just a pleasant little accident that our paths crossed once more, I intended to speak with the strange fellow with the strange accent and apparently exceptional memory there"

"Ah. All right, then..."

(02-02-2016, 02:19 AM)Comito Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 02:00 AM)Umbra Wrote: A large group of guards start setting... something up around the afflicted area. It looks like some sort of track.

Gregor had nearly reached the town again, but the electromagnetic pulses hit the synthetic Jakkai and left him paralyzed until his body rebooted.

When he came to again, he got back up in a bit of a daze and looked back, zooming in with his eyes to watch the assembled guards.

(02-02-2016, 02:27 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 02:19 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor had nearly reached the town again, but the electromagnetic pulses hit the synthetic Jakkai and left him paralyzed until his body rebooted.

They're definitely laying down some sort of track in a ring around the area. What it's for is hard to tell.
*a coffin sized chunck of matal is shot out into the woods at sonic speeds, shredding any trees in its path, and the anomaly continues to consume the nearby landscape*

(02-02-2016, 02:34 AM)Surge Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 02:29 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: He tries to suppress a smug smile, and half-succeeds, leading to a sort of grin-grimace. "Well, if it involves me leaving this solar system I can't help you, so you'll have to find someone else to do whatever glorious quest you have prepared. Besides, if I'm so beneath you then obviously my expertise isn't required, and frankly I have a job I'm quite happy with already."
"I'm simply casting my net wide, if you aren't interested in helping and have no questions then I will be on my way."

"Good luck, or something. Sure you'll find plenty of people around here who want to go gallavanting around the universe, multiverse, or whatever."

(02-02-2016, 02:38 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 02:34 AM)Surge Wrote: "I'm simply casting my net wide, if you aren't interested in helping and have no questions then I will be on my way."

"Good luck, or something. Sure you'll find plenty of people around here who want to go gallavanting around the universe, multiverse, or whatever."
"Multiverse, your people will have to explore your own universe."
753 drops down through another one of his portals as it opens under his feet

(who to go after next...)

(02-02-2016, 02:37 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a coffin sized chunck of matal is shot out into the woods at sonic speeds, shredding any trees in its path, and the anomaly continues to consume the nearby landscape*

The track is connected and a dome of industrial-strength hardlight encapsulates the rift, as well as digging into the ground beneath to create a completely sealed area.
One of the guards looks inside.
"That should hold it. Nothing's getting in or out, now. Let's head back and call for someone to deal with this."

(I think coro and moon have their own self-perpetuating thing going and I don't need to intrude on it for any reason, I haven't even pegged down any "main" character for Joey, and Ehks is perma-AWOL so I think I'm out of people to bother
I had the whole adventure planned out in advance but was anticipating a party of at least 5.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 02:54 AM)Surge Wrote: (I think coro and moon have their own self-perpetuating thing going and I don't need to intrude on it for any reason, I haven't even pegged down any "main" character for Joey, and Ehks is perma-AWOL so I think I'm out of people to bother
I had the whole adventure planned out in advance but was anticipating a party of at least 5.)

//I'll work on it. I still have the guy at the bar. And one to come.

(02-02-2016, 02:48 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 02:37 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a coffin sized chunck of matal is shot out into the woods at sonic speeds, shredding any trees in its path, and the anomaly continues to consume the nearby landscape*

The track is connected and a dome of industrial-strength hardlight encapsulates the rift, as well as digging into the ground beneath to create a completely sealed area.
"That should hold it. Nothing's getting in or out, now. Let's head back and call for someone to deal with this."

*it contineus to do its thing while incased. The large hunk of metal seems to have left a trail burning flora in its path*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 02:54 AM)Surge Wrote: (I think coro and moon have their own self-perpetuating thing going and I don't need to intrude on it for any reason, I haven't even pegged down any "main" character for Joey, and Ehks is perma-AWOL so I think I'm out of people to bother

((I BLAME O CHEM AND ALL MY HOMEWORK))

(02-02-2016, 03:20 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:

((I BLAME O CHEM AND ALL MY HOMEWORK))
(Yeaaaaah I don't buy it. Whatever though it's not like we can boot you, come back whenever you want, or don't.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 03:27 AM)Surge Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 03:20 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((I BLAME O CHEM AND ALL MY HOMEWORK))
(Yeaaaaah I don't buy it. Whatever though it's not like we can boot you, come back whenever you want, or don't.)

((i can shitpost and do minimal-attention things all day. writing rp takes effort and time.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 02:48 AM)Umbra Wrote:

Gregor stood up and stared in awe at the dome.

He was starting to really like the Guards, and the excitement of joining them welled in his heart. For fear of being hit by another EMP, though, he turned and resumed running into the town.

((I have characters that would go. I haven't introduced those characters yet though because I haven't had a good time and place to do so :/))

(02-02-2016, 04:46 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:

((I have characters that would go. I haven't introduced those characters yet though because I haven't had a good time and place to do so :/))

(despite 753 being highly insulted at the implication he could require repairs, technically it's physically impossible for him to ever require external assistance with his own physical integrity, he does tend to be very good at tracking down people of note, even if he never pays most such people any mind. basically what I'm saying is:
[Image: lUSe9tc.gif])

(02-02-2016, 03:04 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *it contineus to do its thing while incased. The large hunk of metal seems to have left a trail burning flora in its path*

Some of the Guards start stamping out the fires they can while the heavily armored Glitch from earlier investigates the path that was made.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 02-02-2016

Suddenly as her number was called she slowly got up and smiled waving her tail about a bit as she slowly made her way up to the front desk. She looked to the nurse whom was working at the front.

"The doctor will be in medical room 6. Please proceed down the hall towards the right. you can't miss it"

"Thank you very much!"

She looked back to tourmaline waiting for her.

//if i take on a voice of an NPC i am gonna work with a faded colouration.Big Grin
// technically coro is fully open to it... she is still gonna deal with her neural interface... but other than not having a home and getting settled down. she has nothing else to do. its up to you if you wish to bother her or not

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 02-02-2016

"That was odd. This place has other people here who have travelled other existances and come here with their memory of it intact?" Danu seemed startled by 753's sudden appearance and dissappearance.

"I was going to say, 2 years? You must have done something really memorable for the phenomena to last that long. That or your definition of years is not the same as mine. I have heard of that- places where days and years are switched in definition."

She nervously smoothes her robe again, not entirely sure if the robot who claimed to be well travelled would realize she had been standing there the whole time and come back to confront her.

//Speaking of not keeping up. AHHHHHHHHHH! I get distracted so easily these days! But at least its only a page or two late and not like 30 pages behind.

(02-02-2016, 05:55 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I was going to say, 2 years? You must have done something really memorable for the phenomena to last that long. That or your definition of years is not the same as mine. I have heard of that- places where days and years are switched in definition."

"No, days and years are normal here... And yeah, I'm definitely different in a way I'd rather not talk about if you don't know."
"I'm, uh... Guessing you're a traveler?"