Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 02-07-2016

Danu takes a seat not far from Umbra, gently tucking in and smoothing her robe for modesty. "Reminds me of  subway car."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-07-2016

(02-07-2016, 03:38 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu takes a seat not far from Umbra, gently tucking in and smoothing her robe for modesty. "Reminds me of  subway car."

"That's more or less what they're based off of. Thankfully, they're only as rough as one."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 02-07-2016

(02-07-2016, 09:06 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: *Flops*
Holy cropduster my writing is rusty as hell.
But I finally got around to spitting out a background RP post that quickly ties up loose ends from the previous Semiserious RP.
Decided to give up on trying to do a fitting conclusion to what was supposed to end up being the epic Samhain war storyline since everyone else was gone already and that makes it somewhat difficult.

I also took some liberties with adding in one possible explaination for how everyone ended up in different universes, sometimes in different bodies, and with different memories.
The whole Origin thing is pretty complex (and by that I mean it contradicts itself and is a general mess) so this is just one of many explainations which are all correct and incorrect at the same time. Because that's how things work when non-linear reality/unreality is involved. But also not, because the same rules that make anything technically possible also affect themselves. The set containing all things is contained within itself sort of deal, except with less sense, more untime, some bonus meta, and about the same amount of facedesk.

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP II: Electric Boogaloo: Background RP: Just Before The End: Essentially Just Tying Up Some Loose Ends: Putting In Custom BBCode After Writing Is Agonizing Edition

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-07-2016

(I like the idea that there are travelers all across the multiverse who all overestimate their respective power, like 753, he'll gladly explain how he's almost like a god to most races but in the sheer scope of the multiverse he's still small time small fry, he just doesn't realize it.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 02-07-2016

(02-07-2016, 09:27 AM)Surge Wrote: (I like the idea that there are travelers all across the multiverse who all overestimate their respective power, like 753, he'll gladly explain how he's almost like a god to most races but in the sheer scope of the multiverse he's still small time small fry, he just doesn't realize it.)

((Yeah, that's sort of what I was going for with the Eternals.
They think they're the most powerful beings in existence, and they certainly are very powerful, but there are many things beyond all logic (or rather their limited definition of "logic" and "beyond") that even they don't understand, and they're just as subject to the beginning and end of all time as everything else. They're also almost useless when it comes to "divine stuff" alone since they each have quite a specialization when it comes to power.

Well, Tsyesia, one of them, understands this stuff a lot more, and may and/or may not have survived the end/beginning of time (her own testimony is shaky at best), but she's both enlightened and delusional and the others have a hard time telling which is which, or even if there's a difference between the two.

I'm even making a series of "revelations of divinity" that she created. They use Insane Troll Logic and contradict themselves (and sense itself) frequently, but she seems very convinced that understanding them will allow her to reach a higher level of divinity than is believed to exist... The others aren't so sure. Since I'm on a roll for posting long confusing things to do with Eternals tonight, here are the two I've completed so far:

[[Warning: The explainations explain the underlying ideas used to create them and kind of spoil the meta aspect / transtemporal shennanigans that they imply.]]

On the nature of Time and the one truly endless cycle:
On the nature of Origin and how everything is both true and false:
I was originally going to integrate this stuff into the Eternals' dialogue and stuff for their intentionally very limited "screen time" but then I realized this kind of thing would never come up in casual conversation and is unlikely to be relevant unless we start getting self-aware fourth-wall-bending characters. That part is more likely than the casual conversation bit.))

(you know what while we're posting backstory, here's some background fluff for 753's current role in things because I have a habit of planning out these sort of back room scenes in mild to moderate detail even though nobody will see them)

(02-07-2016, 09:27 AM)Surge Wrote: (I like the idea that there are travelers all across the multiverse who all overestimate their respective power, like 753, he'll gladly explain how he's almost like a god to most races but in the sheer scope of the multiverse he's still small time small fry, he just doesn't realize it.)

// Funny how I've been thinking of something that's kind of like that.
// Has he messed with the Guards' camera systems yet?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 02-07-2016

(02-07-2016, 10:11 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:

((Yeah, that's sort of what I was going for with the Eternals.
They think they're the most powerful beings in existence, and they certainly are very powerful, but there are many things beyond all logic (or rather their limited definition of "logic" and "beyond") that even they don't understand, and they're just as subject to the beginning and end of all time as everything else. They're also almost useless when it comes to "divine stuff" alone since they each have quite a specialization when it comes to power.

Well, Tsyesia, one of them, understands this stuff a lot more, and may and/or may not have survived the end/beginning of time (her own testimony is shaky at best), but she's both enlightened and delusional and the others have a hard time telling which is which, or even if there's a difference between the two.

I'm even making a series of "revelations of divinity" that she created. They use Insane Troll Logic and contradict themselves (and sense itself) frequently, but she seems very convinced that understanding them will allow her to reach a higher level of divinity than is believed to exist... The others aren't so sure. Since I'm on a roll for posting long confusing things to do with Eternals tonight, here are the two I've completed so far:

[[Warning: The explainations explain the underlying ideas used to create them and kind of spoil the meta aspect / transtemporal shennanigans that they imply.]]

On the nature of Time and the one truly endless cycle:
On the nature of Origin and how everything is both true and false:
I was originally going to integrate this stuff into the Eternals' dialogue and stuff for their intentionally very limited "screen time" but then I realized this kind of thing would never come up in casual conversation and is unlikely to be relevant unless we start getting self-aware fourth-wall-bending characters. That part is more likely than the casual conversation bit.))

I love it when my characters insult me.  It means they love me.

(02-07-2016, 05:25 PM)Umbra Wrote:

// Funny how I've been thinking of something that's kind of like that.
(he definitely has a sleeper bug in their systems to tamper with the cameras, nothing overt though, just removes him from any feeds.)

(02-07-2016, 10:34 PM)Surge Wrote:
(02-07-2016, 05:25 PM)Umbra Wrote: // Funny how I've been thinking of something that's kind of like that.
(he definitely has a sleeper bug in their systems to tamper with the cameras, nothing overt though, just removes him from any feeds.)

// Ah.

// Well, while I'm waiting for Odin... Do any of you guys have world-related questions I can attempt to answer and fail to do so?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 02-08-2016

//On that note, I plan on having Danu open up quite a bit to knowing her way around. Mostly just looking to see how you guys have progressed, and trying to think of the sorts of questions one would ask when arriving in a new time-space for the first time.
//We probably should hurry it along to the landing. I'm not sure what else to do with it.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-08-2016

(02-08-2016, 12:55 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: //On that note, I plan on having Danu open up quite a bit to knowing her way around. Mostly just looking to see how you guys have progressed, and trying to think of the sorts of questions one would ask when arriving in a new time-space for the first time.
//We probably should hurry it along to the landing. I'm not sure what else to do with it.

// Sure.

The craft touches down on a spaceport on the surface, the large door opening to let the crowd inside out.
"Well, we've arrived." Umbra starts walking out.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 02-08-2016

[...So...uh, you've been quiet.]

[Yes, I have been. Just...thinking. Trying to come to terms with the fact I shouldn't even exist, y'know?]

[...Yeah. Still trying to comprehend those old memories as well? Any new ones?]

[A few new memories, but...eh. Mostly just of some vague faces and people. Not sure who or what they are or what they did.]

[Ah. We-]

Wurg's mental conversation with the "AI" in her head (If Ehks could even be called that) was cut short by the arrival of the shuttle. She stood up and readied herself to step aboard, when she noticed...

"Oh! Hey Umbra!" Wurg shouted, waving her arm. Hopefully he would see her despite her short stature...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-08-2016

(02-08-2016, 03:20 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [...So...uh, you've been quiet.]

[Yes, I have been. Just...thinking. Trying to come to terms with the fact I shouldn't even exist, y'know?]

[A few new memories, but...eh. Mostly just of some vague faces and people. Not sure who or what they are or what they did.]

[Ah. We-]

Wurg's mental conversation with the "AI" in her head (If Ehks could even be called that) was cut short by the arrival of the shuttle. She stood up and readied herself to step aboard, when she noticed...

"Oh! Hey Umbra!" Wurg shouted, waving her arm. Hopefully he would see her despite her short stature...

"Huh?" Umbra looks over the crowd for the familiar voice. "Oh, hi, Wurg!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 02-08-2016

Nexus 17, Portal Station N-04, Portal Room

Two cloaked figures approach the guards standing in front of the portal. One is not short, the other is not tall, and both look very prepared for either bad weather or avoiding facial recognition.
The Kineptic to the left of the portal and holding a clipboard looks up. "And your business is...?"
"None of yours!" The short one exclaims grumpily. "If you don't mind, I have a meeting to get to."
"Mmhm.... Yeah, I'll let you past when you tell me exactly what you're up to, Schymnil."
"And I have no obligation to tell you anything... Cat."
"Kineptic, and it's my job to make sure we don't let unsavory types through the portal, so yes, you do."
"...Fine. Business meeting with the Medag Caevren representative of Yngrallvin."
"...
That means absolutely nothing to me. Please elaborate."

-Sir Klreshijavurech is reaching out to open business relationship with some residents of the planet we are trying to reach. He hopes to exchange rare materials for historical and magical artefacts.-
"...Yes. What he said."
"..."
"..."
-...-
"Okay. Don't cause any trouble when you're there or when you get back, and we won't have a problem." She gives an a-ok to the control room window, and the portal opens to a pre-input destination.
"Oh, how scary. Gonna prepare the High Guard for me because I'm a Schymnil?"
"No, I'm going to prepare the High Guard for you because you've been arrested six times."
"Four."
-Five.-
"You aren't helping. Just... Get in the portal," he says, attempting to shove the larger figure in, but instead getting pushed back himself.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-09-2016

// bump.
// Ehks come in please respond
// you can too Odin

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 02-09-2016

Danu had followed Umbra out of the spaceport, soon seeing him run into someone he knew. 

"Oh hello. You live near here?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-09-2016

(02-09-2016, 10:12 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu had followed Umbra out of the spaceport, soon seeing him run into someone he knew. 

"Oh hello. You live near here?"

Umbra turns back towards Danu.
"Yeah, it's down the street some ways. You can't miss it... It's the only house even remotely like a cabin in the entire town."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 02-09-2016

(02-08-2016, 04:21 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 03:20 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [...So...uh, you've been quiet.]

[Ah. We-]

"Huh?" Umbra looks over the crowd for the familiar voice. "Oh, hi, Wurg!"

"Hey Umbra! Who's your..." She trailed off, and looked at Danu. Something seemed familiar about her, but Wurg couldn't place what.

"Uh, sorry, who's your friend?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-09-2016

(753 will have fun with wurg I bet)