Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 06:42 PM)Comito Wrote: (If I remember correctly, the planet doesn't really have huge forests; it's mostly barren. There are patches of greenery, though.

You'll have to ask Ehks about the details, though.)

// well, this 'forest' (it's not actually that big) has been here for a while, so it'd be weird to retcon it...
// you're right, though. There's not many forests.
// I think I've been helping worldbuild for a while, too, so that probably gives me a say... I could be completely wrong, though.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-11-2016

(I was only involved in the worldbuilding at the very start, so I don't have any actual say)

(02-11-2016, 07:06 PM)Surge Wrote: (I was only involved in the worldbuilding at the very start, so I don't have any actual say)

// doesn't mean you can't help now though >w>
// er, if you want to.

(02-11-2016, 07:16 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 07:06 PM)Surge Wrote: (I was only involved in the worldbuilding at the very start, so I don't have any actual say)

// doesn't mean you can't help now though >w>
// er, if you want to.
(On what? I'm not currently doing anything that requires worldbuilding, everything I plan to do that will is already complete and just waiting for this glacial pace to pick up so I can start the ball rolling again)

(02-11-2016, 07:21 PM)Surge Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 07:16 PM)Umbra Wrote: // doesn't mean you can't help now though >w>
// er, if you want to.
(On what? I'm not currently doing anything that requires worldbuilding, everything I plan to do that will is already complete and just waiting for this glacial pace to pick up so I can start the ball rolling again)

// ah.
// well, you could probably cut in if you plan to talk to Wurg. We're not exactly discussing important matters.

(I'm not entirely happy with how slow things are going right now but there's nothing I can do about that and I'm still willing to wait as long as I have to in order to do this properly)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 06:42 PM)Comito Wrote: (If I remember correctly, the planet doesn't really have huge forests; it's mostly barren. There are patches of greenery, though.

You'll have to ask Ehks about the details, though.)

Gregor had been walking around the town for some time since the strange rift had been dealt with.

Things seemed peaceful enough afterward, as if the town hadn't even noticed the event. People were going about their daily routines, and the shuttles still appeared to be in service despite the EMP that had been generated. He himself didn't seem to have any lasting effects from being that close when it hit him; he was thankful for how far cybernetic technology had come, otherwise he would be in major trouble.

The Jakkai found a bench and sat to take a quick break from his walk. Watching the shuttles go to and fro, he wondered where Wurg was, and considered giving her a call.

((Majority is barren, though most towns have forests outside/near them. Also there is an ocean...but it's pretty much like the Dead Sea. Incredibly salty, no large life, etc. Smaller seas and lakes also exist, and do have fish in them. Rivers are a given, and towns tend to be built by them, if only because they're a freshwater source.))

(02-11-2016, 06:23 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 05:58 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "This world is like many others in that it has dangerous beasts in it that roam the wilds preying on the unwary? You know, as far back as I can remember that is almost a constant. The only times I remember not seeing that were places where suburban and urban development had overtaken the entire planet."

She looks around nervously to see how close they were to the forest, just in case.

"Well, there aren't any dangerous creatures around here. Not even in the forest. Guess there's too many people here for them... I've heard reports of creature problems in other towns, sure, but not here."
The forest isn't close to the spaceport, but there is one nearby. A giant, leafless tree dominates the treetop view.

"They've been thoroughly chased off from most towns...really, you only need to worry about them if you go out into uninhabited territory. That's, uh, why scouting is done by mechanical drones now, rather than people..."

(02-11-2016, 09:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Majority is barren, though most towns have forests outside/near them. Also there is an ocean...but it's pretty much like the Dead Sea. Incredibly salty, no large life, etc. Smaller seas and lakes also exist, and do have fish in them. Rivers are a given, and towns tend to be built by them, if only because they're a freshwater source.))

(02-11-2016, 06:23 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Well, there aren't any dangerous creatures around here. Not even in the forest. Guess there's too many people here for them... I've heard reports of creature problems in other towns, sure, but not here."
The forest isn't close to the spaceport, but there is one nearby. A giant, leafless tree dominates the treetop view.

"They've been thoroughly chased off from most towns...really, you only need to worry about them if you go out into uninhabited territory. That's, uh, why scouting is done by mechanical drones now, rather than people..."

// right, I'll keep that in mind.

"Yeah... I feel kind of guilty for not being here earlier and helping with the whole scouting thing, but... That was kind of out of my control..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 10:22 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 09:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Majority is barren, though most towns have forests outside/near them. Also there is an ocean...but it's pretty much like the Dead Sea. Incredibly salty, no large life, etc. Smaller seas and lakes also exist, and do have fish in them. Rivers are a given, and towns tend to be built by them, if only because they're a freshwater source.))

// right, I'll keep that in mind.

"Yeah... I feel kind of guilty for not being here earlier and helping with the whole scouting thing, but... That was kind of out of my control..."

Wurg waved her hand dismissively. "No one expected something like that to happen. After all, we never saw anything that big before, and never thought something like that could get around...I'm just lucky I survived."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 02-12-2016

"Oh, so they're not exactly a common encounter then. That's good to hear, it would be awful if young people playing near the forest got attacked on a regular basis."

Nodding she added "So I'm looking for work that way I can afford a place to stay and food and stuff. Do you know anyone in the area who is hiring? Or at least, where I might be likely to find something like that."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-12-2016

(02-12-2016, 02:15 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Oh, so they're not exactly a common encounter then. That's good to hear, it would be awful if young people playing near the forest got attacked on a regular basis."

Nodding she added "So I'm looking for work that way I can afford a place to stay and food and stuff. Do you know anyone in the area who is hiring? Or at least, where I might be likely to find something like that."

"Well, the Guards are almost always hiring, but I doubt you're interested in that... Other than that, I don't really know what there is in the way of jobs."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 02-13-2016

Quote:It didn't take long for the doctor to smile and nod after they got to work examining the neural interface. After alot amount of talking to each other about how much of a fossil it was compared to modern systems the doctor nodded and headed out.

"please wait here.. we will get the new system ready for implant.. shouldn't take too long at all."

Coro smiled slowly to tourmaline and began to speak up a bit.

"sorry that took so long or that was not understandable... mostly had to explain why my system was so out of date."

"oh no its perfectly ok! i enjoyed listening although it was hard to understand some things ;w; buuuut im learning so yeah theres that!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 02-13-2016

(02-12-2016, 02:15 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Oh, so they're not exactly a common encounter then. That's good to hear, it would be awful if young people playing near the forest got attacked on a regular basis."

"Funnily enough, I'm looking for work too. I'm still getting compensation for...what happened in that scouting trip, but that won't last forever. There's usually people looking for construction help, and some assorted jobs up on Eden as well."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 02-14-2016

(02-13-2016, 06:06 PM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:It didn't take long for the doctor to smile and nod after they got to work examining the neural interface. After alot amount of talking to each other about how much of a fossil it was compared to modern systems the doctor nodded and headed out.

"please wait here.. we will get the new system ready for implant.. shouldn't take too long at all."

Coro smiled slowly to tourmaline and began to speak up a bit.

"sorry that took so long or that was not understandable... mostly had to explain why my system was so out of date."

"oh no its perfectly ok! i enjoyed listening although it was hard to understand some things ;w; buuuut im learning so yeah theres that!"

coro gave a gentle smile as she looked to the doctor returned with the necessary equipment and tools.

"good new mame. is this should not take long at all and should not need intense anesthetics. you should be fully able to stay awake at least while we get the new system up and running. Your architecture is still is perfect order. its just the main hardware suite that needs replacement. Shouldn't take more than ten minutes i believe. though it may cause some light-headedness."

"i kinda assumed so yes"

She smiled as she turned around allowing the doctor access to the back of her neck giving a quick anesthetic injection before getting to work on replacing the neural systems.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 02-14-2016

A period of time just, sitting there in the alley, waiting in relative silence aside standard foot-padding and wind.  He nibbled at the piece of bread he'd taken out of boredom rather than actual hunger, half of it gone already.  He watched numerous races pass on the street on their ways, including some humans, as well as many other races he knew nothing of...  He wondered if they...  No, no it was best to stave off those thoughts.  He already had something else that needed his attention.  He still needed to find Sandrise, or if nothing else, Zeurei.  Why had she attacked him so before, only to leave Sandrise alive and well...  Was it to taunt him?  It was so sudden, almost completely out of character...  Her face when he'd turned about in his house to see her had horrified him.  And she just left him to die in there it had seemed, yet here he was, still alive.  Was it a game to her..?  Maybe, she did have the same twisted sense of humor as him.  They were twins after all, but she had bluntly stabbed him earlier to get at Sandrise, it wasn't lethal, had she missed everything vital on purpose..?  "Bah."  He looked up to see someone in the alleyway with him looking down at him just sitting in the alleyway between the inn and some owned store next door.  Ahhhk...  It seemed to be an officer, and they weren't human.  

"Hello?  What do you YOU want?"  He didn't even attempt to hide his spite and distaste of their wearing such a uniform from his voice.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 02-16-2016

"Construction work sounds pretty good. Its nice to see people finding places to live and helping them be comfortable there. Not terribly hard to get into either, I would just need to learn the local building conventions." Danu nods, still a little nervous about the forest. "Could you two show me the town? I'll need to find a spot to spend the night while I look for work."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 02-16-2016

((IT LIVESSS!! THE RP LIVESSS!!
Not that it matters to me much since I haven't found a good time to introduce my (many) other characters yet...))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 02-16-2016

(02-16-2016, 02:15 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Construction work sounds pretty good. Its nice to see people finding places to live and helping them be comfortable there. Not terribly hard to get into either, I would just need to learn the local building conventions." Danu nods, still a little nervous about the forest. "Could you two show me the town? I'll need to find a spot to spend the night while I look for work."

"Ah, sure. I would say you could maybe stay at my house, but...well, I already have someone living with me, and it's already cramped with just the two of us..." Wurg said, and shrugged. "There are hotels, though, so you could probably stay in one of them. And if you're lucky and get a job today, you might get lodging with your job. Especially if it's construction work."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-16-2016

(02-16-2016, 02:15 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Construction work sounds pretty good. Its nice to see people finding places to live and helping them be comfortable there. Not terribly hard to get into either, I would just need to learn the local building conventions." Danu nods, still a little nervous about the forest. "Could you two show me the town? I'll need to find a spot to spend the night while I look for work."

"Oh, uh, sure."

(02-16-2016, 02:51 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((IT LIVESSS!! THE RP LIVESSS!!
Not that it matters to me much since I haven't found a good time to introduce my (many) other characters yet...))

// I still need to get The Sergeant in somehow... He won't be used much, anyway, but it'd be nice to give him at least some life.

(02-16-2016, 04:50 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Ah, sure. I would say you could maybe stay at my house, but...well, I already have someone living with me, and it's already cramped with just the two of us..." Wurg said, and shrugged. "There are hotels, though, so you could probably stay in one of them. And if you're lucky and get a job today, you might get lodging with your job. Especially if it's construction work."

"She could stay with me, but, uh... It might be a little weird... I get calls in the middle of the night on occasion, and she doesn't know..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 02-18-2016

Quote:coro gave a gentle smile as she looked to the doctor returned with the necessary equipment and tools.

"good new mame. is this should not take long at all and should not need intense anesthetics. you should be fully able to stay awake at least while we get the new system up and running. Your architecture is still is perfect order. its just the main hardware suite that needs replacement. Shouldn't take more than ten minutes i believe. though it may cause some light-headedness."

"i kinda assumed so yes"

She smiled as she turned around allowing the doctor access to the back of her neck giving a quick anesthetic injection before getting to work on replacing the neural systems.

Umm i hope im not being rude and such coro but what would it be like if you didnt have the cybernetics installed in the first place? im really curious l-like are they even called cybernetics here?