Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 02-18-2016

Gregor went to a bridge crossing the river that flowed by the town, and sat down on its railing to watch the rippling water.

At this point he was merely waiting for the call about his appointment, but that didn't stop him from getting fresh air and enjoying the surreal beauty of the recovering world. If there was natural flowing water, then the planet was sure to return to its former glory.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-18-2016

(02-18-2016, 06:35 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor went to a bridge crossing the river that flowed by the town, and sat down on its railing to watch the rippling water.

At this point he was merely waiting for the call about his appointment, but that didn't stop him from getting fresh air and enjoying the surreal beauty of the recovering world. If there was natural flowing water, then the planet was sure to return to its former glory.

// aaaaaaaaa I completely forgot about this sorry ; A;
// bear with me because I'm going to be bullshitting not explaining a lot of stuff because I don't actually know much about police stuff

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 02-18-2016

(02-18-2016, 06:59 PM)Umbra Wrote: // aaaaaaaaa I completely forgot about this sorry ; A;
// bear with me because I'm going to be bullshitting not explaining a lot of stuff because I don't actually know much about police stuff

// That's fine! I'm not rushing you.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 02-18-2016

(02-16-2016, 05:27 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-16-2016, 02:15 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Construction work sounds pretty good. Its nice to see people finding places to live and helping them be comfortable there. Not terribly hard to get into either, I would just need to learn the local building conventions." Danu nods, still a little nervous about the forest. "Could you two show me the town? I'll need to find a spot to spend the night while I look for work."

"Oh, uh, sure."

(02-16-2016, 02:51 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((IT LIVESSS!! THE RP LIVESSS!!
Not that it matters to me much since I haven't found a good time to introduce my (many) other characters yet...))

// I still need to get The Sergeant in somehow... He won't be used much, anyway, but it'd be nice to give him at least some life.

(02-16-2016, 04:50 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Ah, sure. I would say you could maybe stay at my house, but...well, I already have someone living with me, and it's already cramped with just the two of us..." Wurg said, and shrugged. "There are hotels, though, so you could probably stay in one of them. And if you're lucky and get a job today, you might get lodging with your job. Especially if it's construction work."

"She could stay with me, but, uh... It might be a little weird... I get calls in the middle of the night on occasion, and she doesn't know..."

"Whatever works the best. Again, I would offer, but...small house. Especially for someone about as tall as me and my friend standing on each other's shoulders...probably taller..." Wurg muttered something under her breath about everyone else being really tall.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 02-18-2016

(02-18-2016, 06:02 PM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:coro gave a gentle smile as she looked to the doctor returned with the necessary equipment and tools.

"good new mame. is this should not take long at all and should not need intense anesthetics. you should be fully able to stay awake at least while we get the new system up and running. Your architecture is still is perfect order. its just the main hardware suite that needs replacement. Shouldn't take more than ten minutes i believe. though it may cause some light-headedness."

"i kinda assumed so yes"

She smiled as she turned around allowing the doctor access to the back of her neck giving a quick anesthetic injection before getting to work on replacing the neural systems.

Umm i hope im not being rude and such coro but what would it be like if you didnt have the cybernetics installed in the first place? im really curious l-like are they even called cybernetics here?

Coro closed her eyes as she let the doctor work chirping softly to herself before she was asked the question.

"no you are not being too rude to me anyway...not sure if other avali would have issues with it or not but.. it would have meant going into surgery for a few hours as the physical architecture would be installed directly into the brainstem. last i remember anyway. not sure how long i have been out of medical practice but it's a direct connection to the biological neural structures. the implant itself has software and hardware failsafes to prevent anyone from directly interfering with the mind with ease. an avali without the cybernetic neural interface would be disoriented for a short period of time after the installation of the neural interface. You could technically call it a cybernetic implant but most avali would just call it their neural interface."

She smiled remaining completely motionless for the doctor.

"other than my neural interface however i am pretty much completely biological. I got my first interface out of couriosity of the system and seeing as alot if not most avali have it. I felt it would be a hindrance to not have one installed. After i got my medical certification awhile ago. it became almost mandatory that i had the system as alot of tools that are used in the field work so much better with a direct connection to the brain. Though i have not been able to use it because well... i kinda blew this older system."

The doctor carefully placed the older system down onto the table nearby showing very heavy wear. Parts of the device seemed to have been burnt out completely others seem to have some corrosion on it. It looked to be about 15-20 years out of repair.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 02-22-2016

A shuttle from Eden touches down on the planet's surface.

A short, skinny young man with skin the colour of coal and two large black horns which curve back from the top of his head exits the shuttle. He has bright red, curly and dishevelled hair which goes down to his shoulders in length. On his forehead is an elaborate white tattoo, though it is partially covered by his bangs. His eyes are squinty and his left sclera is black, while his iris is a deep blue and his pupil a vertical slit. His right eye is missing and has been replaced with a pitch-black glass sphere. His nose is best described as “cute” and his ears are long and pointed, almost horizontal but somewhat curved. He looks like he hasn't shaved in a couple of days and red stubble covers his face. He has large black glasses and wears a white button-up shirt with a beige vest over top, with suspenders and a belt holding up his fancy grey pants. He has on dress shoes, and keeps a satchel slung across his shoulder with some tools sticking out. He carries a small tablet device with an attached stylus. He looks extremely bored and disinterested as he makes his way farther into the city, yawning.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 02-22-2016

Quote:Coro closed her eyes as she let the doctor work chirping softly to herself before she was asked the question.

"no you are not being too rude to me anyway...not sure if other avali would have issues with it or not but.. it would have meant going into surgery for a few hours as the physical architecture would be installed directly into the brainstem. last i remember anyway. not sure how long i have been out of medical practice but it's a direct connection to the biological neural structures. the implant itself has software and hardware failsafes to prevent anyone from directly interfering with the mind with ease. an avali without the cybernetic neural interface would be disoriented for a short period of time after the installation of the neural interface. You could technically call it a cybernetic implant but most avali would just call it their neural interface."

"other than my neural interface however i am pretty much completely biological. I got my first interface out of couriosity of the system and seeing as alot if not most avali have it. I felt it would be a hindrance to not have one installed. After i got my medical certification awhile ago. it became almost mandatory that i had the system as alot of tools that are used in the field work so much better with a direct connection to the brain. Though i have not been able to use it because well... i kinda blew this older system."

The doctor carefully placed the older system down onto the table nearby showing very heavy wear. Parts of the device seemed to have been burnt out completely others seem to have some corrosion on it. It looked to be about 15-20 years out of repair.

*Tourmaline takes a few notes down as her avali friend explained*
That soubnd really interesting but kinda sounds scary though becasue i hear working on anything to do with your nervous system is really risky Specially when it comes to the brain. but im guessing at this time and age this sort of prosedure is as regular as getting a wound bandaged but i might be wrong ;w;

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 02:04 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: A shuttle from Eden touches down on the planet's surface.

A short, skinny young man with skin the colour of coal and two large black horns which curve back from the top of his head exits the shuttle. He has bright red, curly and dishevelled hair which goes down to his shoulders in length. On his forehead is an elaborate white tattoo, though it is partially covered by his bangs. His eyes are squinty and his left sclera is black, while his iris is a deep blue and his pupil a vertical slit. His right eye is missing and has been replaced with a pitch-black glass sphere. His nose is best described as “cute” and his ears are long and pointed, almost horizontal but somewhat curved. He looks like he hasn't shaved in a couple of days and red stubble covers his face. He has large black glasses and wears a white button-up shirt with a beige vest over top, with suspenders and a belt holding up his fancy grey pants. He has on dress shoes, and keeps a satchel slung across his shoulder with some tools sticking out. He carries a small tablet device with an attached stylus. He looks extremely bored and disinterested as he makes his way farther into the city, yawning.

// I'd come say hi if I wasn't caught up in conversation in the spaceport...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-22-2016

(I could have 753 bother him)

(02-22-2016, 02:29 AM)Surge Wrote: (I could have 753 bother him)

// If you want.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 02:06 AM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:Coro closed her eyes as she let the doctor work chirping softly to herself before she was asked the question.

*Tourmaline takes a few notes down as her avali friend explained*
That soubnd really interesting but kinda sounds scary though becasue i hear working on anything to do with your nervous system is really risky Specially when it comes to the brain. but im guessing at this time and age this sort of prosedure is as regular as getting a wound bandaged but i might be wrong ;w;

She burst into giggles as the doctor finished installing the new system. Coro tried to keep as still as possible with herself to prevent any issues.

"The avali have done alot of research and developments to make sure it is harder to make a mistake then to succeed. while you would think of it as a risky proceedure. most doctors have to go through rigorous training and must succeed with flying colours before being licensed for initial installations of neural interfaces. however most doctors can easily replace the main hardware of the system. as its rather quick and simple."

She smiled and turned her head as the doctor stepped away. Coro looking to the doctor as her new neural interface began to react to activation commands. She and the doctor began performing quick diagnostics tests via AR systems.

"its almost like building a cast... or stitching a wound. its a common thing for people to come in for maintainance unless they are out of range of a licensed medical center to do so or don't have the parts to repair it ... like i did."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 02-22-2016

"Its alright if neither of you are able to. I'll find a place somehow, perhaps building it myself since it would be easy enough to do."

Danu nods gently, looking around t see what was near the spaceport on the planet.

(02-22-2016, 01:51 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Its alright if neither of you are able to. I'll find a place somehow, perhaps building it myself since it would be easy enough to do."

Danu nods gently, looking around t see what was near the spaceport on the planet.

"Well, I can definitely house you... Even bought a cot recently. If there's not really anywhere else for you to go, I don't mind if you stay with me."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-24-2016

// why is this thread so lifeless recently? It's kind of concerning...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 02-24-2016

(02-24-2016, 07:15 PM)Umbra Wrote: // why is this thread so lifeless recently? It's kind of concerning...

// its because everyone disappeared to the "real" RP thread... i never knew it existed till after i found it myself... kinda pissed me off a bit actually... i don't intend to join it.

(02-24-2016, 07:45 PM)Corosar Wrote:
(02-24-2016, 07:15 PM)Umbra Wrote: // why is this thread so lifeless recently? It's kind of concerning...

// its because everyone disappeared to the "real" RP thread... i never knew it existed till after i found it myself... kinda pissed me off a bit actually... i don't intend to join it.

// it's about as lively as this thread, though...
// I really hope this doesn't die... I put a lot of thought into this thing already and I'd hate it if it all just went to waste.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 02-24-2016

//I'm still here. just kinda waiting for something interesting to happen. Mabey someone could arrange something?

(02-24-2016, 09:46 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: //I'm still here. just kinda waiting for something interesting to happen. Mabey someone could arrange something?

// Surge is going around recruiting for something, and I'm still devising plotstuff that I'll do sometime after Surge follows completely through with his idea.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-24-2016

(I already know how I want things to play out once I get rolling but frankly it's so stagnant here I can't actually recruit the people I haven't had an opportunity to yet. Everyone is just awkwardly milling around with each other for weeks at a time.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-25-2016

(02-24-2016, 11:01 PM)Surge Wrote: (I already know how I want things to play out once I get rolling but frankly it's so stagnant here I can't actually recruit the people I haven't had an opportunity to yet. Everyone is just awkwardly milling around with each other for weeks at a time.)

// I'm actually pretty much stuck for the most part. I can't think of anything for Syntax to do and Umbra is stuck in a conversation that isn't going anywhere.