Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 11-03-2015

Oh come oooon....
*A young human girl, sighing, jogs over to a bench in one of the Eden's corridors and flops down horizontally on it*
He's gonna be sooo pissed...
*She is around 4-1/2 feet high and her skin is light bronze in color. Her hair is silver-white and short, flattened against her head by her hat, while her eyes are a dull brown. She's wearing a blue baseball cap and a pair of rounded rectangular glasses, smudged, a grease-covered white T-Shirt, and a pair of worn black jeans, topped off by a pair of metal-toed work boots and oversized welding goggles slung around her neck*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 04:07 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 03:26 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: Snip

Umbra is patiently waiting for Wurg's return on the same bench as Tim.

Wurg sits down next to Umbra. "Might as well wait here for the next shuttle..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 04:20 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg sits down next to Umbra. "Might as well wait here for the next shuttle..."

"Well, I'll probably be staying up here for the night, actually... It's easy enough for me to get a room up here. I need to pick up something here, anyway..." He looks around a bit. "So, uh, how did your appointment go?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 11-03-2015

Tim jolts awake, seeming a little bit freaked out. "That stupid dream again...." he groaned. He looked around, dazed, until his gaze finally met Umbra. Suddenly, he started to see flashes of memories from his "dream", suddenly remembering this person as Umbra. "W-wait a second......do I know you from somewhere?"

(11-03-2015, 04:30 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 04:20 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg sits down next to Umbra. "Might as well wait here for the next shuttle..."

"Well, I'll probably be staying up here for the night, actually... It's easy enough for me to get a room up here. I need to pick up something here, anyway..." He looks around a bit. "So, uh, how did your appointment go?"

"Hm? Oh, fine enough. Everything is all recalibrated and such, and I'm recovering far faster than expected, apparently...I'm still not sure what I'm recovering from, but I am. And..."

Wurg let out a sigh before continuing. "...And apparently there isn't an AI inside me. In fact, it's...just supposed to be a reminder program, and sensory interface thing. But...well, I know it's not just that. I went through it's memories. I know it's sentient, just as much as I am...and the weirdest thing is it didn't show up when my mechanic did a software scan. I'm scared. Everything is just...it's so weird..."

...At least you still know what you are. I don't even know if I should exist or not!

Well...you aren't just some random voice in my head...maybe you aren't a program, though? You just ended up...bonding to one?

What do you mean "bonding"? Ugh...I just...need some time to process this...

(11-03-2015, 04:36 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim jolts awake, seeming a little bit freaked out. "That stupid dream again...." he groaned. He looked around, dazed, until his gaze finally met Umbra. Suddenly, he started to see flashes of memories from his "dream", suddenly remembering this person as Umbra. "W-wait a second......do I know you from somewhere?"

Umbra glances at Tim.
"Probably... I feel like I do, too. You're not the only one who's been having weird dreams... I'm beginning to think we might all be connected somehow."

(11-03-2015, 04:37 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Hm? Oh, fine enough. Everything is all recalibrated and such, and I'm recovering far faster than expected, apparently...I'm still not sure what I'm recovering from, but I am. And..."

Wurg let out a sigh before continuing. "...And apparently there isn't an AI inside me. In fact, it's...just supposed to be a reminder program, and sensory interface thing. But...well, I know it's not just that. I went through it's memories. I know it's sentient, just as much as I am...and the weirdest thing is it didn't show up when my mechanic did a software scan. I'm scared. Everything is just...it's so weird..."

...At least you still know what you are. I don't even know if I should exist or not!

Well...you aren't just some random voice in my head...maybe you aren't a program, though? You just ended up...bonding to one?

"Wow. Sounds like you've got more going on than me... A lot more. Hope you turn out okay..."

(11-03-2015, 04:46 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Wow. Sounds like you've got more going on than me... A lot more. Hope you turn out okay..."

Wurg just nodded solemnly. She almost didn't notice the human who had flopped on the bench across from them. The woman didn't seem familiar at all to Wurg...which, oddly enough, relieved her. The less weird feelings of recognition there were, the better. Wurg stared awkwardly for a few seconds, before dropping her gaze.

"I'm probably going to catch the next shuttle out and sleep. I do need to recharge, after all..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 04:46 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 04:36 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim jolts awake, seeming a little bit freaked out. "That stupid dream again...." he groaned. He looked around, dazed, until his gaze finally met Umbra. Suddenly, he started to see flashes of memories from his "dream", suddenly remembering this person as Umbra. "W-wait a second......do I know you from somewhere?"

Umbra glances at Tim.
"Probably... I feel like I do, too. You're not the only one who's been having weird dreams... I'm beginning to think we might all be connected somehow."

(11-03-2015, 04:37 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Hm? Oh, fine enough. Everything is all recalibrated and such, and I'm recovering far faster than expected, apparently...I'm still not sure what I'm recovering from, but I am. And..."

"Wow. Sounds like you've got more going on than me... A lot more. Hope you turn out okay..."

Tim looks even more confused than before. "Okay, I'm not sure what that means....."

(11-03-2015, 04:50 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg just nodded solemnly. She almost didn't notice the human who had flopped on the bench across from them. The woman didn't seem familiar at all to Wurg...which, oddly enough, relieved her. The less weird feelings of recognition there were, the better. Wurg stared awkwardly for a few seconds, before dropping her gaze.

"I'm probably going to catch the next shuttle out and sleep. I do need to recharge, after all..."

"Sounds like a good idea... If you wanna talk or anything tomorrow, feel free to drop by. I don't have much to do, anyway..."

(11-03-2015, 04:53 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim looks even more confused than before. "Okay, I'm not sure what that means....."

"Lemme put it this way... You had a weird dream, right? And I was in it? The same thing happened to a couple others- including me- and they were all in each other's and my dreams."

(11-03-2015, 05:08 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 04:50 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg just nodded solemnly. She almost didn't notice the human who had flopped on the bench across from them. The woman didn't seem familiar at all to Wurg...which, oddly enough, relieved her. The less weird feelings of recognition there were, the better. Wurg stared awkwardly for a few seconds, before dropping her gaze.

"Sounds like a good idea... If you wanna talk or anything tomorrow, feel free to drop by. I don't have much to do, anyway..."

"Mhm. I will...maybe." The shuttle arrived, and Wurg boarded it. After it landed back on the surface, she returned to her home to sleep and recharge for the night.

"Well... I should probably go get a bed for the night..." Umbra goes off to rent a temporary place to sleep.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-03-2015

*meanwhile somewhere on the station*

*the android looks over at 753* are you certain this is necessary?

*753 puts his arm around it's neck and pulls it close* of course it is! you've been cooped up on that computer so long I'm starting to forget that you ever weren't on it, and if I'm forgetting I know you sorely need a pair of legs to stretch. That's why I...uhh..."acquired" this platform for you, it should be just like the old days for you! Just, you know, aside from the obvious differences I can't do anything for you about.

If you felt that a platform was needed why did you not make one yourself?

*753 lets the robot go* we both know the answer to that question...

*the droid averts it's eyes and looks away nervously* er, very well, are you certain that this is a good idea even if it's necessary?

Come now how long have you known me? This place is like a circus, anything can wind up passing through, trust me you could have tentacles on your face and eyes on your chest and you'd still be par for the course around here. Nobody will be bothered, I guarantee it.

So...what am I to do here for however long I am supposed to stay?

That's for you to figure out, you need to get a life going for yourself before you forget what it's like to have one.

I-

oh dear look at the time, gotta run, good luck! *753 drops into a portal, leaving his robotic friend standing in the middle of the street, the android stands a little over 6 feet tall, has a visor with a pair of digital eyes prominently visible on it, and is clearly styled to resemble a specific species, with digitigrade legs, a facial structure that blends canine and human features, a tall pair of ears atop it's head, and a short tail extending behind it. Now that it finds itself alone it simply looks around at the crowd, unsure of where to go next*

(so I decided that plan A was too much work and I'm lazy so when an idea for plan B came to me I decided to roll with it)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-03-2015

*he walks up at the bottom of the staircase, blood dripping from his forhead*
The same dream every night...
*he heads back up the stairs and out of the woods towards the village*

"The day he snapped was full of death. Children where killed, everything burned. That's one of the risks of alloymancy. Burn the wrong metal and you might just end up dead. Same goes for feruchemistry. He soon set of on a series of murder sprees, only using the spikes... Before the voices he was a decent person"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 04:08 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Oh come oooon....
*A young human girl, sighing, jogs over to a bench in one of the Eden's corridors and flops down horizontally on it*
He's gonna be sooo pissed...
*She is around 4-1/2 feet high and her skin is light bronze in color. Her hair is silver-white and short, flattened against her head by her hat, while her eyes are a dull brown. She's wearing a blue baseball cap and a pair of rounded rectangular glasses, smudged, a grease-covered white T-Shirt, and a pair of worn black jeans, topped off by a pair of metal-toed work boots and oversized welding goggles slung around her neck*
A cat, probably feeding off donations crawls towards the bench.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Penguin - 11-03-2015

He would walk out of the Inn. Strange.. nobody paid him for the night.. right?

He seemed to be mid-conversation with somebody when he walked out.

"Like.. how come I haven't had this 'dre-'.. Aha right... uh.. Good morning."

(11-03-2015, 08:20 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Somehow a deranged man in his mid 20s had managed to get right behind Umbra, his face was dominated by scratches and stubble and his hands looked like they'd had been run through a meat grinder. The deranged part would probably be more easily summed up by his behaviour, i.e. Lunging straight at Tim empty handed.

// uh... There's a wall there.

-------

Umbra exits his rented room and heads toward the station. He looks a little tired... Likely because he doesn't have any coffee in his hand.

Up on the station, Umbra appears to literally disappear into the crowd...

...and somehow reappears moments later on the surface, walking onto the street from behind his house before going back in.
// spoopy

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Penguin - 11-03-2015

After observing for a while, he'd kneel down, and close his eyes.

Thinking about something? Probably. Random? Yes.

Then he'd begin mumbling something to himself before getting back up again.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-03-2015

*two thugs wait IN a allyway in the village*
This is where I saw him last, the guy with the bounty.
Good, now get lost
*he walks by the allyway and into a market and back into the streets*
The dream feels so real, almost if it did actually happen.

*the thug jumps out of the alleyway and puts a gun to his head*
Drop all your weapons and back up slowly!
*he fires a few warning shots from his six  cylinder revolver into the air, and the shots can Easily be heard across the town*

(11-03-2015, 07:28 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *two thugs wait IN a allyway in the village*
This is where I saw him last, the guy with the bounty.
Good, now get lost
*he walks by the allyway and into a market and back into the streets*
The dream feels so real, almost if it did actually happen.

*the thug jumps out of the alleyway and puts a gun to his head*
Drop all your weapons and back up slowly!
*he fires a few warning shots from his six  cylinder revolver into the air, and the shots can Easily be heard across the town*

Umbra, of course, hears the gunshots. After all, it's part of his job.
"Welp... Guess my break's over."
His very being flickers white, then disappears.