Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 03-01-2016

(03-01-2016, 10:39 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: //someone call the necromancer, the thread is dead for the most part.
//
[Image: CRYPT2.jpg]

A Guard walks up to Umbra and touches his shoulder.
"The Sergeant's called you up to his office. He expects you to get up there ASAP."
Umbra turns partway towards the guard. "Sorry, I'm off du-... Wait. The Sergeant?..."
"Yes, The Sergeant. His office, as soon as you can."
"Well, I better not keep him waiting... Sorry, Danu, I have to go... I'll talk to you later." He takes off with a quick wave goodbye towards the spaceport as the Guard walks off.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 03-01-2016

Gregor was at the spaceport, also off-duty for the most part.

The recruitment process had been rigorous for sure, but he pulled through with more-or-less flying colors and was now a fully-fledged Guard.

He had expected to be pushed into action right away, but as it turned out, things were rather peaceful at the current time. He just sat and sipped at a cup of coffee, watching the daily routine of the port.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 03-01-2016

(you bastards weren't doing anything anyways so here's an SCP inspired tale from a few weeks ago)
Somewhere in the unfathomable depths of the multiverse
753 looked at the decidedly non-euclidean terrain around him, the ground stretched out in front of him and across the horizon, where it then apparently stretched out up and above the horizon, then across the sky, then back down to the horizon, the strange walled corridor he was standing in seemed stretch out in every conceivable direction and it was stressing his processors to try and understand how, so he simply stopped trying to figure out how and started walking forward.
He walked for a little bit before realizing that the point where the "sky" met the ground wasn't getting any closer or further, giving him an unpleasant feeling of being in a hamster wheel. He also noted that the "air" around him was slowly becoming more and more energetic, something was coming, so he did the obvious thing and kept walking, silently cursing the featureless walls and floor.
After a time he began to notice patterns appearing and gaining definition not only on the ground under him but on the ground above and around him, though the purpose was not clear until the corridor finally opened up to a massive structure and 753 realized.
"It's...electronic? I seem to be inside some sort of quantum computer...Either I've set my coordinates very poorly or this is a VERY large computer that has long since defeated whatever laws this reality was imposing on it..."
He walked up to the structure and placed a hand on it, which soon turned out to be a mistake as a massive bolt of electricity arced down the structure, instantly destroying the arm and shorting out the associated joint, as he stumbled back in shock he took note of several similar bolts shooting down the walls and across the floor towards him, but a portal caught him and took him away before they reached him. He found himself lying on the floor of his lab, still missing an arm even as the emitters rebooted, realizing that whatever that bolt was had completely atomized his arm to the point where it could no longer reform as normal he got up and marked those coordinates with every red flag his system allowed him to before going to grab a spare arm.
"I think that universe has long since hit it's singularity...perhaps this is what it looks like when a synthetic race "ascends" beyond a physical form, rather than becoming pure energy they turn their entire reality into a giant processor...maybe that reality has always been batshit."
Slotting the spare arm into the joint and moving it around to verify the actuators are working properly, he concludes.
"I don't think it would be safe for me to find out for sure though..."

(well that turned out shitty but whatever, I've been sitting on that for a while now)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 03-02-2016

(03-01-2016, 11:39 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor was at the spaceport, also off-duty for the most part.

The recruitment process had been rigorous for sure, but he pulled through with more-or-less flying colors and was now a fully-fledged Guard.

He had expected to be pushed into action right away, but as it turned out, things were rather peaceful at the current time. He just sat and sipped at a cup of coffee, watching the daily routine of the port.

Umbra runs past and into a shuttle... That is, if Gregor can even see him.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 03-02-2016

(03-02-2016, 12:43 AM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra runs past and into a shuttle... That is, if Gregor can even see him.

Gregor noticed him running, but he was already on the shuttle before the Jakkai could attempt conversation.

He just raised an eyebrow and watched, continuing to drink his coffee. He heard a few rumors regarding Umbra during his training and time at the station, but hadn't seen any of his purported 'abilities', so he was unsure just what to think.

(03-02-2016, 01:14 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor noticed him running, but he was already on the shuttle before the Jakkai could attempt conversation.

He just raised an eyebrow and watched, continuing to drink his coffee. He heard a few rumors regarding Umbra during his training and time at the station, but hadn't seen any of his purported 'abilities', so he was unsure just what to think.

The shuttle's doors close, carrying it's passengers up to the immense station above.
It's been a while since I've last been called up... I really hope I'm not in trouble or anything.
...Wait, what if it's about that weird robot? What was their name again?... Eh, I guess I can only speculate...
Not much later, the shuttle docks with the Eden, and Umbra heads for the Guard headquarters.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 03-02-2016

Quote:(the whole forum has been mostly dead for a long time now)

which is a shame really i came here looking to make alot of new friends but everything is kinda dead now

Umbra walks into The Sergeant's office somewhat tense. It's not every day someone is called up to speak with the captain of the guard...
It's a large room for an office, which doesn't help to relieve the tension. At the far end is a mostly bare desk, as well as a shield bearing the Guards' emblem mounted on the wall along with crossed swords.
Umbra tries his best to close the door as quietly as possible, but the man at the desk still notices him. He's dressed in what appears to be military uniform, with his greyish-white hair cut short to match his trimmed beard. An eye patch covers his left socket, the contents lost to some untold event. The other eye, its iris colored a faded blue, looks forward at the furred guest.
"Ah, The Anomaly. What a pleasant surprise." His voice is slightly old and weathered; its age is partially hidden, but it comes out nonetheless.
Umbra promptly turns and salutes only to be immediately called at ease. "Have a seat. I need to ask you a few things."
Uh oh. He reluctantly comes up and takes a seat, removing his hat and leaving it in his lap. "So, uh... What do you need to ask me, Sir?..."
"I have a few questions about that robot. 753, I believe they were called?"
Knew it. I'm doomed. "Uh, yes, Sir... I don't know much about him, Sir, but I'll share what I know..."
"Of course. He asked you to help him with... What was it..."
"Something about faraway places, Sir."
"Right, right. Any news on that?"
"No, Sir. 'Unit 753' hasn't contacted me since... I'm supposedly not the only one he's 'recruiting,' though..."
"Hm. Any idea where he is now?"
"I'm... Not sure of that either, Sir... I've only seen him come and go through some sort of, uh... Personal portal technology..."
"I see... I might have to speak with him personally later, then."
There's a moment of awkward silence.
"May I be dismissed, Sir?..."
"Yes, you may." The Sergeant starts business again as usual.
Umbra gets up and starts heading out the door. Once he's on the other side, he slumps against it with relief.
So glad that's over with... He exhales. Thought I was in trouble for sure... Umbra gets up and almost walks off before he realizes he's forgotten something.
Wait, where's my hat? He turns around and opens the door again. "Excuse me, Sir, I forgot my-..."
He sees his hat drifting across the polished floor and picks it up. "Uh... Thanks, Sir."
"Any time, any time. Come back once you find out more about what this 753 character's planning."
"Understood. Have a good day, Sir." He promptly hurries out, leaving The Sergeant to his office once more.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 03-03-2016

Back down at the shuttle port, Gregor noticed a large, vaguely insectoid fellow pushing his way through the crowd and a lady running behind him and screaming something about being robbed. Upon closer examination, the person running had a purse clutched in his hand.

He downed the last of his coffee and tossed the cup away, and it conveniently landed in the nearest recycling bin. He said into his radio, "This is Ironback. Robbery in progress at the shuttle port; I'm in pursuit."

He started running on all fours toward the thief, his cybernetic limbs giving him a noticeable speed advantage. "You there! Halt!" The 'bug' looked back just in time to see the Jakkai leaping at him, but it swung a large chitinous arm and batted him to the side. It taunted him in some weird language before sprinting out of the terminal.

Gregor shook his head vigorously and got right back up, taking off after the bug. "He's heading into town. Might need backup; he's a big one."

// Just realized Gregor and the Sergeant use more-or-less identical text colors. Hope this doesn't cause problems.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 03-03-2016

(03-03-2016, 12:16 AM)Comito Wrote: Back down at the shuttle port, Gregor noticed a large, vaguely insectoid fellow pushing his way through the crowd and a lady running behind him and screaming something about being robbed. Upon closer examination, the person running had a purse clutched in his hand.

He downed the last of his coffee and tossed the cup away, and it conveniently landed in the nearest recycling bin. He said into his radio, "This is Ironback. Robbery in progress at the shuttle port; I'm in pursuit."

He started running on all fours toward the thief, his cybernetic limbs giving him a noticeable speed advantage. "You there! Halt!" The 'bug' looked back just in time to see the Jakkai leaping at him, but it swung a large chitinous arm and batted him to the side. It taunted him in some weird language before out of the terminal.

Gregor shook his head vigorously and got right back up, taking off after the bug. "He's heading into town. Might need backup; he's a big one."

// Just realized Gregor and the Sergeant use more-or-less identical text colors. Hope this doesn't cause problems.

// Hmm, yeah... I don't think it'll be an issue, though.
"Roger that. We'll try to block him off."

(03-03-2016, 12:46 AM)Umbra Wrote: // Hmm, yeah... I don't think it'll be an issue, though.

// What sort of weapons do Guards get, anyway? What might Gregor have right now? A sidearm?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 03-03-2016

(03-03-2016, 01:56 AM)Comito Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 12:46 AM)Umbra Wrote: // Hmm, yeah... I don't think it'll be an issue, though.

// What sort of weapons do Guards get, anyway? What might Gregor have right now? A sidearm?

// They're usually equipped with a sidearm and hardlight shield emitter. There's also hardlight batons and things like that for those who ask.
// Basically just standard police gear.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 03-03-2016

Danu waves as Umbra leaves- then realizes she had meant to go shopping on the station!

Rushing after him, she manages to make it aboard the shuttle as well, taking a seat and catching her breath from the brief sprint.

"Phew. that was close."

Gregor kept chasing the insectoid robber out of the terminal. There were a few buses pulling in to receive new arrivals and drop off those going to the station, which the bug vaulted over with impressive leaps and the Jakkai navigated around with deft steps.

"Wow, what is this guy?" he thought out loud, pursuing relentlessly. The thief was at least seven feet tall and and covered in thick exoskeletal plates, yet it ran and maneuvered  like a football player. "::,:,,:;;,:;, :;.:;;!" it snarled back at Gregor, to which he didn't respond. 

The bug entered an alleyway between two stores, but the Jakkai did not follow it in. Instead he charged his legs and sprung up onto one of the roofs, chasing it from there.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 03-04-2016

Umbra is wandering the halls of the Eden.
Guess it wouldn't hurt to look around for a while... I don't have anything to do down there, anyway.

(03-03-2016, 03:58 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor kept chasing the insectoid robber out of the terminal. There were a few buses pulling in to receive new arrivals and drop off those going to the station, which the bug vaulted over with impressive leaps and the Jakkai navigated around with deft steps.

"Wow, what is this guy?" he thought out loud, pursuing relentlessly. The thief was at least seven feet tall and and covered in thick exoskeletal plates, yet it ran and maneuvered  like a football player. "::,:,,:;;,:;, :;.:;;!" it snarled back at Gregor, to which he didn't respond. 

The bug entered an alleyway between two stores, but the Jakkai did not follow it in. Instead he charged his legs and sprung up onto one of the roofs, chasing it from there.

A bit behind, guards are closing in to aid in the arrest.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 03-06-2016

(03-04-2016, 12:13 AM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra is wandering the halls of the Eden.
Guess it wouldn't hurt to look around for a while... I don't have anything to do down there, anyway.

A bit behind, guards are closing in to aid in the arrest.

The criminal rounded a corner in the alley and faced the Guards. It snarled and began to charge straight toward them, one arm held in front like a battering ram.

Before it could reach them, however, Gregor sprung off the rooftop and brought his elbow squarely on the bug's head, knocking it out cold and making it skid to a stop in front of the others.

//Apologies for the late reply.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 03-10-2016

(03-06-2016, 10:08 PM)Comito Wrote: The criminal rounded a corner in the alley and faced the Guards. It snarled and began to charge straight toward them, one arm held in front like a battering ram.

Before it could reach them, however, Gregor sprung off the rooftop and brought his elbow squarely on the bug's head, knocking it out cold and making it skid to a stop in front of the others.

//Apologies for the late reply.

// sorry about this even later reply- I didn't know what to have the guards say.

One of the guards steps forward and cuffs the insectoid.
"Fine work, Ironback. I'll go back to the station and report."

---

Meanwhile, Umbra is... Well, still walking around the Eden.
Maybe I should just go back down... I don't have anything to do down there, but I'm not doing anything up here, either...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 03-11-2016

"Hi again Umbra. Did things go well?" Danu smiles, carrying a grocery bag. She had been doing a bit of shopping it seems, getting some new tools and groceries.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 03-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 02:45 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Hi again Umbra. Did things go well?" Danu smiles, carrying a grocery bag. She had been doing a bit of shopping it seems, getting some new tools and groceries.

"Oh, hi again, Danu. Didn't know you came up here, too... Yeah, I'm not in trouble, so that's good."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 03-11-2016

(03-10-2016, 12:12 AM)Umbra Wrote: // sorry about this even later reply- I didn't know what to have the guards say.

One of the guards steps forward and cuffs the insectoid.
"Fine work, Ironback. I'll go back to the station and report."

---

Meanwhile, Umbra is... Well, still walking around the Eden.
Maybe I should just go back down... I don't have anything to do down there, but I'm not doing anything up here, either...

Gregor nodded and got off the bug. "Thank you. Guess I'll go return this purse." He wrenched the purse free from the thief's claws, then headed back to the shuttle port.

Soon enough he found its owner and returned it, and was surprised to receive a hug as thanks. He stood there dumbstruck for a second, before smiling and bidding her farewell. 

He got himself another cup of coffee, and resumed his vigil. The shuttle port continued as it had all day, as though nothing had even happened.