Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-01-2016

(04-01-2016, 04:26 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: He holds up the tablet he's carrying. "Work order. I need to pick up a drone that needs repairing. I usually send my business... partner... but he is preoccupied, and I have no idea where the place I am supposed to be going is so I am completely lost and that is just great..." He sighs and pushes his glasses up his nose before finally turning towards Umbra. "And y-" He stares at Umbra for a moment with an expression that can't decide whether it's bored or shocked. "Uh. And you, for what reason do you randomly start chatting up a stranger?"

((I might try a different color, for readability's sake, but I'm not sure quite what to try.))

// how about a dark gr- wait no, that'd nearly match the background. Hm. Well. What other colors is he affiliated with?

"Oh, you just seemed interesting."
That's funny, coming from him.
"That, and I'm usually bored anyway, so it seemed like something to do. Haven't seen any others of your kind before, either."
He seems friendly enough for an odd, black-furred creature. At least he's dressed like a normal person.
"If you're looking for a certain place, I might be able to help out. I've walked down every street in this town twenty-five times total at the very least."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 04-01-2016

(04-01-2016, 04:26 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((I might try a different color, for readability's sake, but I'm not sure quite what to try.))

///I chose this drab green/gold tone as it's easy to read and similar to my old preferred color schema in other forums.  Could try an actual gold, or a drabbed red like Tomato orbrick.  Alternately just run bold silver or sienna.  Dark or deep colors tend to be kind of hard to read or painful.  Like magenta, pure-blue, and black.  For your benefit I did not do the fancy dancy color stoofz on those three.  Because oww.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-01-2016

(04-01-2016, 05:13 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 04:26 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((I might try a different color, for readability's sake, but I'm not sure quite what to try.))

///I chose this drab green/gold tone as it's easy to read and similar to my old preferred color schema in other forums.  Could try an actual gold, or a drabbed red like Tomato orbrick.  Alternately just run bold silver or sienna. Dark or deep colors tend to be kind of hard to read or painful.  Like magenta, pure-blue, and black.  For your benefit I did not do the fancy dancy color stoofz on those three.  Because oww.
((whoa, whoa WHOA. Whoa. You aren't using hex codes. We can actually use color names here?!
*Head ehksplodes*))

(04-01-2016, 04:59 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 04:26 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: He holds up the tablet he's carrying. "Work order. I need to pick up a drone that needs repairing. I usually send my business... partner... but he is preoccupied, and I have no idea where the place I am supposed to be going is so I am completely lost and that is just great..." He sighs and pushes his glasses up his nose before finally turning towards Umbra. "And y-" He stares at Umbra for a moment with an expression that can't decide whether it's bored or shocked. "Uh. And you, for what reason do you randomly start chatting up a stranger?"

((I might try a different color, for readability's sake, but I'm not sure quite what to try.))

// how about a dark gr- wait no, that'd nearly match the background. Hm. Well. What other colors is he affiliated with?

"Oh, you just seemed interesting."
That's funny, coming from him.
"That, and I'm usually bored anyway, so it seemed like something to do. Haven't seen any others of your kind before, either."
He seems friendly enough for an odd, black-furred creature. At least he's dressed like a normal person.
"If you're looking for a certain place, I might be able to help out. I've walked down every street in this town twenty-five times total at the very least."

"You will not see any others," he says, holding up his tablet.
On it is a work order:

Order #0001086
Item: Custom Helicopter Drone
Business: Repair: Remote Control System
Pickup: 121 Tvardeed Apts., 47 Clover St.
Good luck Zeke! -Elijah

"It is some sort of apartment complex. Probably very cheap considering who the order is for."

((Dark red is another color I considered using for him. How's this look?))

(04-01-2016, 06:29 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "You will not see any others," he says, holding up his tablet.
On it is a work order:

Order #0001086
Good luck Zeke! -Elijah

"It is some sort of apartment complex. Probably very cheap considering who the order is for."

// if it's a lighter shade, it'll be a bit easier to read. Don't worry about clashing with other red-texted characters.

"Yeah, same for me... My case is probably different than yours, though. There's a big difference between being the only one in a settlement and being the only one, period..."
Umbra studies the tablet for a second.
"Yeah, I think I know where that is. Clover's a bit of a walk from here, but at least it's not on the other side of the town."

(04-01-2016, 02:33 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 06:29 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "You will not see any others," he says, holding up his tablet.
On it is a work order:

Order #0001086
Good luck Zeke! -Elijah

// if it's a lighter shade, it'll be a bit easier to read. Don't worry about clashing with other red-texted characters.

"Yeah, same for me... My case is probably different than yours, though. There's a big difference between being the only one in a settlement and being the only one, period..."
Umbra studies the tablet for a second.
"Yeah, I think I know where that is. Clover's a bit of a walk from here, but at least it's not on the other side of the town."

He grits his teeth at the mention of the "difference". "So what direction is it?"

(04-01-2016, 05:32 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: He grits his teeth at the mention of the "difference". "So what direction is it?"

"Clover's some ways up the street. Sorry to have bothered you."

(04-01-2016, 05:42 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 05:32 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: He grits his teeth at the mention of the "difference". "So what direction is it?"

"Clover's some ways up the street. Sorry to have bothered you."

"Wonderful," he says, getting up rigidly and starting to storm down the street.

(04-01-2016, 05:47 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Wonderful," he says, getting up rigidly and starting to storm down the street.

Umbra just watches.
...Wait, did he-... Well, shit.
"h-Hey! Wait! I think there's been a misunderstanding!" He gets up and runs after the angered being with a regretful haste.

(04-01-2016, 05:54 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 05:47 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Wonderful," he says, getting up rigidly and starting to storm down the street.

Umbra just watches.
"h-Hey! Wait! I think there's been a misunderstanding!" He gets up and runs after the angered being with a regretful haste.

He stops and turns to Umbra. "What?"

(04-01-2016, 06:05 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 05:54 PM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra just watches.

He stops and turns to Umbra. "What?"

He stops in front of the... Uh, whatever race he is.
"That, uh... Comment. About the difference. I wasn't referring to you. The worse of the two cases is... Well, me, unfortunately..." He looks down and to the side a little. "Sorry if I offended you."

(04-01-2016, 06:18 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 06:05 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: He stops and turns to Umbra. "What?"

He stops in front of the... Uh, whatever race he is.
"That, uh... Comment. About the difference. I wasn't referring to you. The worse of the two cases is... Well, me, unfortunately..." He looks down and to the side a little. "Sorry if I offended you."

He sighs. "No, I suppose I should apologize. I get... touchy when people mention my race, or, well, the lack of them. I have been told I should work on fixing that.
I have no idea where I am going. Would you... be willing to show me the way?"

(04-01-2016, 06:35 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: He sighs. "No, I suppose I should apologize. I get... touchy when people mention my race, or, well, the lack of them. I have been told I should work on fixing that.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm the only one of my kind that's ever existed to my knowledge... I can't really do anything about it, either..." He looks up again. "But, uh, yeah, sure. It's just this way." Umbra points down the street and slowly starts walking.

(04-01-2016, 06:50 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 06:35 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: He sighs. "No, I suppose I should apologize. I get... touchy when people mention my race, or, well, the lack of them. I have been told I should work on fixing that.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm the only one of my kind that's ever existed to my knowledge... I can't really do anything about it, either..." He looks up again. "But, uh, yeah, sure. It's just this way." Umbra points down the street and slowly starts walking.

He scratches his neck and follows. "Well..." He pauses for a moment. "I am probably not supposed to say this, but... Mh, nevermind. It does not matter anymore." He nods to Umbra. "Anyway, I am Ezekiel Vketunr."

(04-01-2016, 07:14 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: He scratches his neck and follows. "Well..." He pauses for a moment. "I am probably not supposed to say this, but... Mh, nevermind. It does not matter anymore." He nods to Umbra. "Anyway, I am Ezekiel Vketunr."

"Hm?... Eh, if you said it doesn't matter, I won't pry. I'm Umbra. Nice to meet you, Ezekiel."

(04-01-2016, 08:05 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 07:14 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: He scratches his neck and follows. "Well..." He pauses for a moment. "I am probably not supposed to say this, but... Mh, nevermind. It does not matter anymore." He nods to Umbra. "Anyway, I am Ezekiel Vketunr."

"Hm?... Eh, if you said it doesn't matter, I won't pry. I'm Umbra. Nice to meet you, Ezekiel."

"Wh... Yes, hello." He looks around, seemingly trying to get his bearings. "I hope this is the last time I have to navigate down here. Everything looks the same. It is almost as bad as the station."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-02-2016

//Now I'm confused though. Who is available on Eden to run into? Or should I jsut have her chase the action back down to the planet again.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-02-2016

(04-02-2016, 12:02 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Now I'm confused though. Who is available on Eden to run into? Or should I jsut have her chase the action back down to the planet again.

// I could have Syntax run into her.
// ...Literally, if you wanted.

(04-01-2016, 10:13 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Wh... Yes, hello." He looks around, seemingly trying to get his bearings. "I hope this is the last time I have to navigate down here. Everything looks the same. It is almost as bad as the station."

"I actually prefer this to the station. Fresh air, a sky, no metal hallways... It's a lot more relaxing."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-02-2016

//That would work. Figure she's got a bag or two of things she's bought and is browsing the marketplace.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-02-2016

(04-02-2016, 01:18 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: //That would work. Figure she's got a bag or two of things she's bought and is browsing the marketplace.

// 'kay, then.

Syntax walks through the marketplace in the usual black turtleneck, brown pants, and leather chaps, looking around for... Something. He glances down at a tablet for a second and accidentally runs into someone with a muffled metallic thud.
"Gah! Uh... Terribly sorry."
Said person happens to be Danu.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-02-2016

(04-02-2016, 01:04 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 10:13 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Wh... Yes, hello." He looks around, seemingly trying to get his bearings. "I hope this is the last time I have to navigate down here. Everything looks the same. It is almost as bad as the station."

"I actually prefer this to the station. Fresh air, a sky, no metal hallways... It's a lot more relaxing."

"You and I have very different definitions of relaxing. I suppose I am more used to dark and confined spaces."