Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-02-2016

(04-02-2016, 01:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "You and I have very different definitions of relaxing. I suppose I am more used to dark and confined spaces."

"Eh, to each their own. I guess I just got sick of living in the station."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-02-2016

(04-02-2016, 01:54 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 01:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "You and I have very different definitions of relaxing. I suppose I am more used to dark and confined spaces."

"Eh, to each their own. I guess I just got sick of living in the station."

"That I can understand. I lived somewhere incredibly boring and monotonous for a very long time. I became sick of it almost instantly, but could not leave."

"So... Are we almost there?"
He's lagged behind a bit and is breating pretty heavily. He's very clearly not spent a lot of time exercising.

(04-02-2016, 02:00 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "That I can understand. I lived somewhere incredibly boring and monotonous for a very long time. I became sick of it almost instantly, but could not leave."

He's lagged behind a bit and is breating pretty heavily. He's very clearly not spent a lot of time exercising.

"It should be just up ahead, on the left." Umbra's walking along just fine.

(04-02-2016, 03:37 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 02:00 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "That I can understand. I lived somewhere incredibly boring and monotonous for a very long time. I became sick of it almost instantly, but could not leave."

"It should be just up ahead, on the left." Umbra's walking along just fine.

"Great."

"...Would you mind staying with me while I talk to the client? He is... A total ass. I expect him to try to rip me off. It is probably less likely to happen if someone is with me, though."

(04-02-2016, 03:53 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Great."

"...Would you mind staying with me while I talk to the client? He is... A total ass. I expect him to try to rip me off. It is probably less likely to happen if someone is with me, though."

"Yeah, uh, sure. I don't have anything to do, anyway."

(04-02-2016, 04:59 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 03:53 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Great."

"Yeah, uh, sure. I don't have anything to do, anyway."

"Thank you, Umbra." Upon getting to the door, Umbra and Ezekiel ascend to the door of the client.
Ezekiel knocks.
-Yes?-
"I am here to see Klreshijavurech."
The door opens to a very dark room and Ezekiel enters.

(04-02-2016, 05:08 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Thank you, Umbra." Upon getting to the door, Umbra and Ezekiel ascend to the door of the client.
Ezekiel knocks.
-Yes?-

Not even going to try to pronounce that.
Umbra heads in as well.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-02-2016

(04-02-2016, 01:31 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 01:18 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: //That would work. Figure she's got a bag or two of things she's bought and is browsing the marketplace.

// 'kay, then.

Syntax walks through the marketplace in the usual black turtleneck, brown pants, and leather chaps, looking around for... Something. He glances down at a tablet for a second and accidentally runs into someone with a muffled metallic thud.
"Gah! Uh... Terribly sorry."
Said person happens to be Danu.

"Oh hello. Its quite alright, I'm okay." She blushes a bit, steadying the grocery bags she was carrying. "How are you?"

(04-02-2016, 04:07 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Oh hello. Its quite alright, I'm okay." She blushes a bit, steadying the grocery bags she was carrying. "How are you?"

"Fine... Say, you were there during that... Odd encounter, right? With that portal-summoning robot?"

(04-02-2016, 02:20 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 05:08 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Thank you, Umbra." Upon getting to the door, Umbra and Ezekiel ascend to the door of the client.
Ezekiel knocks.
-Yes?-

Not even going to try to pronounce that.
Umbra heads in as well.
Once inside the room the two are greeted by a hulking figure covered from head to toe by a tattered brown cloth shirt, and similar pants, gloves, boots, hooded coat, and cloak, his face covered by a dark grey-green mechanical-looking gasmask. No skin is visible, but under a few of the more torn sections some kind of metal plate in a similar color and style to the gasmask is noticable. Attached at the hip on a belt is a 3 foot white bevelled rectangle, the top foot indented and bumpy like a grip. It looks like some sort of sword case.
When the being speaks, its distorted as though coming through an old radio.
-What is your business?-
"We are here to pick up the drone he requested I fix."
-...We were expecting Mr. Serilunial.-
"Elijah is busy."
The figure gestures toward Umbra. -And who are you?-

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-02-2016

(04-02-2016, 05:06 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 04:07 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Oh hello. Its quite alright, I'm okay." She blushes a bit, steadying the grocery bags she was carrying. "How are you?"

"Fine... Say, you were there during that... Odd encounter, right? With that portal-summoning robot?"

"No, I don't believe I was. I've only been in the system a few weeks."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-03-2016

(04-02-2016, 08:05 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: In her powered armour, she is much taller, with all open skin covered. The armour is a dark grey-green colour, with mechanical joints covered by tattered brown cloth gloves, cloak, boots, pants, shirt, and hooded coat to hide the fact she is wearing armour. The only visible piece of the armour is the face, which has a similar old mechanical style to it, appearing to be almost like an early gas mask. She always carries around a 2 foot metallic-glass chokuto with a flush bevelled black rectangular hilt with a grip and sheath to match.

Once inside the room the two are greeted by a hulking figure covered from head to toe by a tattered brown cloth shirt, and similar pants, gloves, boots, hooded coat, and cloak, his face covered by a dark grey-green mechanical-looking gasmask. No skin is visible, but under a few of the more torn sections some kind of metal plate in a similar color and style to the gasmask is noticable. Attached at the hip on a belt is a 3 foot white bevelled rectangle, the top foot indented and bumpy like a grip. It looks like some sort of sword case.
-What is your business?-
"Elijah is busy."

"Just an acquaintance of his. Not sure why I was allowed to come along..." His eyes snap to the metal case. "...Is that a sword? As in... A metal one?"

(04-02-2016, 08:42 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "No, I don't believe I was. I've only been in the system a few weeks."

"Hm. I thought for sure you were there... Oh, well."
He just... Stands there for a little bit...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-03-2016

(04-03-2016, 05:52 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 08:05 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Once inside the room the two are greeted by a hulking figure covered from head to toe by a tattered brown cloth shirt, and similar pants, gloves, boots, hooded coat, and cloak, his face covered by a dark grey-green mechanical-looking gasmask. No skin is visible, but under a few of the more torn sections some kind of metal plate in a similar color and style to the gasmask is noticable. Attached at the hip on a belt is a 3 foot white bevelled rectangle, the top foot indented and bumpy like a grip. It looks like some sort of sword case.
-What is your business?-
"Elijah is busy."

"Who are you? And more importantly, why are you wearing a full suit of powered armor?"

The figure puts a hand around the grip of his blade. -If you wish to remain, I suggest you liste--
"This is Umbra. He is an acquaintance and will stay here with me. Think of him as my equivalent to you."
-...Very well.- He moves aside. -He is in the room to the left.-
Ezekiel grabs umbra by the arm and pulls him away from the armored man. "Please do not irritate him, that was Klreshijavurech's bodyguard."

((Whoops. Fixed old description text I was using as a reference still being in the previous post.
Derp. I was supposed to delete that when I'd adapted the description to RP style.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-03-2016

(04-03-2016, 05:52 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 08:42 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "No, I don't believe I was. I've only been in the system a few weeks."

"Hm. I thought for sure you were there... Oh, well."
He just... Stands there for a little bit...

"I would have been planetside building homes for people if I was around when that happened, this is the first I've heard of such a thing."
She stands there beside him as well.

(04-03-2016, 06:05 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: The figure puts a hand around the grip of his blade. -If you wish to remain, I suggest you liste--
"This is Umbra. He is an acquaintance and will stay here with me. Think of him as my equivalent to you."
Ezekiel grabs umbra by the arm and pulls him away from the armored man. "Please do not irritate him, that was Klreshijavurech's bodyguard."

((Whoops. Fixed old description text I was using as a reference still being in the previous post.
Derp. I was supposed to delete that when I'd adapted the description to RP style.))

// I, uh, also changed the contents of my post. Realized that that was just a tad bit out of character o_o;;

(04-03-2016, 03:20 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I would have been planetside building homes for people if I was around when that happened, this is the first I've heard of such a thing."

"Well, it was quite some time ago. I suppose it does not matter much."
Syntax's LED 'eyes' blink.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-03-2016

(04-03-2016, 03:48 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-03-2016, 03:20 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I would have been planetside building homes for people if I was around when that happened, this is the first I've heard of such a thing."

"Well, it was quite some time ago. I suppose it does not matter much."
Syntax's LED 'eyes' blink.

"You heard about some of the strange things happening on the surface? Apparently some of the towns are reporting problems with wild animals getting dangerously close to people's homes. They're supposed to stay out in the wild where they belong, but are losing their fear of people for some reason."

(04-03-2016, 08:36 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "You heard about some of the strange things happening on the surface? Apparently some of the towns are reporting problems with wild animals getting dangerously close to people's homes. They're supposed to stay out in the wild where they belong, but are losing their fear of people for some reason."

"No. I never leave the station. Not because I am a coward, but because I have an important job up here."

// you have no idea how relevant that is to the plot thing I'm planning.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-04-2016

(04-03-2016, 03:48 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-03-2016, 06:05 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: The figure puts a hand around the grip of his blade. -If you wish to remain, I suggest you liste--

// I, uh, also changed the contents of my post. Realized that that was just a tad bit out of character o_o;;
(04-03-2016, 05:52 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Just an acquaintance of his. Not sure why I was allowed to come along..." His eyes snap to the metal case. "...Is that a sword? As in... A metal one?"

The figure rests his hand on the case. -It is...-
-Very well. You may see him. He is in the left room.-

"Thank you," Ezekiel says, nodding to the man and almost pulling Umbra along. "That was Klreshijavurech's bodyguard. Be wary of him, he is kind of bad tempered..."
He knocks on the door, and after a moment the sound of a chain lock being pulled is heard... And then a knob lock, and standard door lock... and another chain lock... and... maybe a padlock? The door then opens to reveal an even darker room.

A... humanoid walks out of the room. He is wearing a green-brown full-body hooded cloak, bright blue turtleneck, maroon sweatpants, white gloves, foot-wraps, a face-covering lime bandana, and mirrored aviator sunglasses with a fake-wooden frame which shouldn't really be staying on since he doesn't appear to have a nose... or anything else for that matter. Where a face should be there is just a mass of thick blackness. His hands only appear to have three long fingers and a thumb each. The shape of his legs indicate a digitigrade stance, and his feet are big, ending in three grasping toes.
He is a Schymnil, who are somewhat notorious around Nexus 17 for almost always being involved in at least one borderline illegal operation.
"Zeke! Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? I only ever see Eli around these parts." The shadowy being wraps an arm around Ezekiel and pats his shoulder.
"Where is the drone?"
"Hey, hey, don't rush! Stay a whi-"
"I am afraid I cannot. I have to... Bring my friend here... To Eden. Yes."
"He lost his pass and needs to get back up there as soon as possible."

"..." Klreshijavurech slowly looks over at Umbra. "Oh. Hi... Is it really that urgent?"
Ezekiel glances at Umbra with a pained expression.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-04-2016

(04-03-2016, 11:30 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-03-2016, 08:36 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "You heard about some of the strange things happening on the surface? Apparently some of the towns are reporting problems with wild animals getting dangerously close to people's homes. They're supposed to stay out in the wild where they belong, but are losing their fear of people for some reason."

"No. I never leave the station. Not because I am a coward, but because I have an important job up here."

// you have no idea how relevant that is to the plot thing I'm planning.

"Ah, I see. For me its a big deal because people often want their homes a little ways away from the town proper, to be closer to nature. My own house is like that as well, a cozy little cottage built a fair walk away from the town center in a thick spot in the forest for privacy. Having wild beasts showing up presents a problem, because they could attack me or damage my belongings."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 01:00 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: The figure rests his hand on the case. -It is...-
-Very well. You may see him. He is in the left room.-

"Thank you," Ezekiel says, nodding to the man and almost pulling Umbra along. "That was Klreshijavurech's bodyguard. Be wary of him, he is kind of bad tempered..."
He knocks on the door, and after a moment the sound of a chain lock being pulled is heard... And then a knob lock, and standard door lock... and another chain lock... and... maybe a padlock? The door then opens to reveal an even darker room.

A... humanoid walks out of the room. He is wearing a green-brown full-body hooded cloak, bright blue turtleneck, maroon sweatpants, white gloves, foot-wraps, a face-covering lime bandana, and mirrored aviator sunglasses with a fake-wooden frame which shouldn't really be staying on since he doesn't appear to have a nose... or anything else for that matter. Where a face should be there is just a mass of thick blackness. His hands only appear to have three long fingers and a thumb each. The shape of his legs indicate a digitigrade stance, and his feet are big, ending in three grasping toes.
He is a Schymnil, who are somewhat notorious around Nexus 17 for almost always being involved in at least one borderline illegal operation.
"Zeke! Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? I only ever see Eli around these parts." The shadowy being wraps an arm around Ezekiel and pats his shoulder.
"Where is the drone?"
"Hey, hey, don't rush! Stay a whi-"
"I am afraid I cannot. I have to... Bring my friend here... To Eden. Yes."
"He lost his pass and needs to get back up there as soon as possible."

"..." Klreshijavurech slowly looks over at Umbra. "Oh. Hi... Is it really that urgent?"
Ezekiel glances at Umbra with a pained expression.

"Yeah, uh... I've got a... Family emergency..." Umbra faintly nods. Seems he knows Ezekiel doesn't want to stick around.

(04-04-2016, 01:38 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Ah, I see. For me its a big deal because people often want their homes a little ways away from the town proper, to be closer to nature. My own house is like that as well, a cozy little cottage built a fair walk away from the town center in a thick spot in the forest for privacy. Having wild beasts showing up presents a problem, because they could attack me or damage my belongings."

"Understood. You do not need to worry much, though. The Guards usually have things under control. At least, that is what my brother tells me..."