Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 02:16 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 01:00 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: The figure rests his hand on the case. -It is...-
-Very well. You may see him. He is in the left room.-

"Thank you," Ezekiel says, nodding to the man and almost pulling Umbra along. "That was Klreshijavurech's bodyguard. Be wary of him, he is kind of bad tempered..."
He knocks on the door, and after a moment the sound of a chain lock being pulled is heard... And then a knob lock, and standard door lock... and another chain lock... and... maybe a padlock? The door then opens to reveal an even darker room.

A... humanoid walks out of the room. He is wearing a green-brown full-body hooded cloak, bright blue turtleneck, maroon sweatpants, white gloves, foot-wraps, a face-covering lime bandana, and mirrored aviator sunglasses with a fake-wooden frame which shouldn't really be staying on since he doesn't appear to have a nose... or anything else for that matter. Where a face should be there is just a mass of thick blackness. His hands only appear to have three long fingers and a thumb each. The shape of his legs indicate a digitigrade stance, and his feet are big, ending in three grasping toes.
He is a Schymnil, who are somewhat notorious around Nexus 17 for almost always being involved in at least one borderline illegal operation.
"Zeke! Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? I only ever see Eli around these parts." The shadowy being wraps an arm around Ezekiel and pats his shoulder.
"Where is the drone?"
"Hey, hey, don't rush! Stay a whi-"
"I am afraid I cannot. I have to... Bring my friend here... To Eden. Yes."
"He lost his pass and needs to get back up there as soon as possible."

"..." Klreshijavurech slowly looks over at Umbra. "Oh. Hi... Is it really that urgent?"
Ezekiel glances at Umbra with a pained expression.

"Yeah, uh... I've got a... Family emergency..." Umbra faintly nods. Seems he knows Ezekiel doesn't want to stick around.

"...Ah alright." He lets go of Ezekiel and grabs the tablet out of his hand, filling in a couple spaces with a stylus before handing it back.
"That should be good. Off you pop."
Ezekiel looks at the tablet and sighs. "You know I am going to need more payment than that."
"Family emergency," Klreshij says in a singsong voice. If his mouth wasn't covered, and assuming he has a mouth, he would be smiling.
"...Damn it."
"Umbra, come on. We have to hurry."

Ezekiel motions for him to follow and hurries out of the room, turning back towards Klreshij as he does. "We will be negotiating the price later."
...Then he comes back as Klreshij goes back into his room, coming out with a 2-foot helicoptor drone which looks like it was cobbled together from spare parts. He hands it to Ezekiel, who once again leaves the apartment as soon as possible.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 03:57 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "...Ah alright." He lets go of Ezekiel and grabs the tablet out of his hand, filling in a couple spaces with a stylus before handing it back.
Ezekiel looks at the tablet and sighs. "You know I am going to need more payment than that."
"Family emergency," Klreshij says in a singsong voice. If his mouth wasn't covered, and assuming he has a mouth, he would be smiling.
"...Damn it."

Ezekiel motions for him to follow and hurries out of the room, turning back towards Klreshij as he does. "We will be negotiating the price later."
...Then he comes back as Klreshij goes back into his room, coming out with a 2-foot helicoptor drone which looks like it was cobbled together from spare parts. He hands it to Ezekiel, who once again leaves the apartment as soon as possible.

Umbra follows, of course.
"Well. He was... Eccentric, to say the least. I'm personally still wondering why that bodyguard is covered head to toe in power armor."

(04-04-2016, 04:18 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 03:57 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "...Ah alright." He lets go of Ezekiel and grabs the tablet out of his hand, filling in a couple spaces with a stylus before handing it back.
"...Damn it."

Umbra follows, of course.
"Well. He was... Eccentric, to say the least. I'm personally still wondering why that bodyguard is covered head to toe in power armor."

"His name is Alex, I believe... He weirds me out in a completely different way than Klreshijavurech... Who has also not seen him outside of the armor, by the way. He complained about it to Elijah who complained about it to me... I think he might be a machine?" He holds up the drone for emphasis. "Either way, thank you for that... I know I have been rather... standoffish in the past, so it is especially appreciated."

(04-04-2016, 05:23 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "His name is Alex, I believe... He weirds me out in a completely different way than Klreshijavurech... Who has also not seen him outside of the armor, by the way. He complained about it to Elijah who complained about it to me... I think he might be a machine?" He holds up the drone for emphasis. "Either way, thank you for that... I know I have been rather... standoffish in the past, so it is especially appreciated."

"No problem. As for the machine thing, yeah, he probably could be. I noticed he said 'he is' instead of 'he's'... That's a fairly common Glitch speech pattern. Not using contractions, that is. If you're assuming he's a coded robot, though, that's pretty different."

(04-04-2016, 05:37 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 05:23 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "His name is Alex, I believe... He weirds me out in a completely different way than Klreshijavurech... Who has also not seen him outside of the armor, by the way. He complained about it to Elijah who complained about it to me... I think he might be a machine?" He holds up the drone for emphasis. "Either way, thank you for that... I know I have been rather... standoffish in the past, so it is especially appreciated."

"No problem. As for the machine thing, yeah, he probably could be. I noticed he said 'he is' instead of 'he's'... That's a fairly common Glitch speech pattern. Not using contractions, that is. If you're assuming he's a coded robot, though, that's pretty different."

"I am not sure... If he is I would like to get a look at his inner workings..."
"Uh. Not that I would do that to a robot."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 02:16 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 01:38 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Ah, I see. For me its a big deal because people often want their homes a little ways away from the town proper, to be closer to nature. My own house is like that as well, a cozy little cottage built a fair walk away from the town center in a thick spot in the forest for privacy. Having wild beasts showing up presents a problem, because they could attack me or damage my belongings."

"Understood. You do not need to worry much, though. The Guards usually have things under control. At least, that is what my brother tells me..."

"I hope so, but do they have enough troops in the towns to deal with a crisis? They can't be everywhere at once, leaving the more remote townsfolk to fend for themselves. So far I haven't seen anything dangerous near my house, but some of the houses I've been building lately are far enough from town the guards might not get there in time if there was an attack."

(04-04-2016, 07:58 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "I am not sure... If he is I would like to get a look at his inner workings..."

" Yeah, if you asked a Glitch that, they'd be... Er, offended, to say the least."

(04-04-2016, 12:57 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I hope so, but do they have enough troops in the towns to deal with a crisis? They can't be everywhere at once, leaving the more remote townsfolk to fend for themselves. So far I haven't seen anything dangerous near my house, but some of the houses I've been building lately are far enough from town the guards might not get there in time if there was an attack."

"I do not know how to answer that... I am not a Guard, but my brother is. You would have to ask a Guard to get an answer."

(04-04-2016, 02:47 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 12:57 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I hope so, but do they have enough troops in the towns to deal with a crisis? They can't be everywhere at once, leaving the more remote townsfolk to fend for themselves. So far I haven't seen anything dangerous near my house, but some of the houses I've been building lately are far enough from town the guards might not get there in time if there was an attack."

"I do not know how to answer that... I am not a Guard, but my brother is. You would have to ask a Guard to get an answer."

"Where can we find him then? I don't think I've gotten to really talk to any of the guards just yet, they're usually busy at their posts and I didn't want to disturb them unless I needed to. But since you know him it might be okay."

(04-04-2016, 04:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Where can we find him then? I don't think I've gotten to really talk to any of the guards just yet, they're usually busy at their posts and I didn't want to disturb them unless I needed to. But since you know him it might be okay."

"He recently came up to Eden again, but he did not tell me why. I think he might be near the Guard headquarters.

(04-04-2016, 04:21 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 04:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Where can we find him then? I don't think I've gotten to really talk to any of the guards just yet, they're usually busy at their posts and I didn't want to disturb them unless I needed to. But since you know him it might be okay."

"He recently came up to Eden again, but he did not tell me why. I think he might be near the Guard headquarters.

"Mind taking me there? I haven't done a lot of exploring up here on Eden yet, its so huge and there's no easy landmarks to find where I am with. Mostly I only know the shuttle dock and the marketplace."

She smiles and fixes her robe, then shifts her grocery bags a little to make them easier to carry.

(04-04-2016, 04:59 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Mind taking me there? I haven't done a lot of exploring up here on Eden yet, its so huge and there's no easy landmarks to find where I am with. Mostly I only know the shuttle dock and the marketplace."

She smiles and fixes her robe, then shifts her grocery bags a little to make them easier to carry.

"I would, but I still need to buy wires and parts for a project at work... Do you know if there is a stand here that sells those things?"

// inb4 Star Platinum owns a hardware store

(04-04-2016, 06:14 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 04:59 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Mind taking me there? I haven't done a lot of exploring up here on Eden yet, its so huge and there's no easy landmarks to find where I am with. Mostly I only know the shuttle dock and the marketplace."

"I would, but I still need to buy wires and parts for a project at work... Do you know if there is a stand here that sells those things?"

// inb4 Star Platinum owns a hardware store

"Oh! I know where that is. This way."

She leads him to it, browsing a little more for odd bits to complete a few contraptions of her own.

(04-04-2016, 02:47 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 07:58 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "I am not sure... If he is I would like to get a look at his inner workings..."

" Yeah, if you asked a Glitch that, they'd be... Er, offended, to say the least."

"I have experience with artifical lifeforms. I would not try something like that in the first place."

"...So... I should probably be getting back to the shop."

(04-04-2016, 08:23 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Oh! I know where that is. This way."

She leads him to it, browsing a little more for odd bits to complete a few contraptions of her own.

Syntax starts following her.

(04-04-2016, 08:24 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "I have experience with artifical lifeforms. I would not try something like that in the first place."

"Right... It was nice meeting you. Maybe we'll run into each other again some time."

(04-04-2016, 08:38 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 08:23 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Oh! I know where that is. This way."

Syntax starts following her.

(04-04-2016, 08:24 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "I have experience with artifical lifeforms. I would not try something like that in the first place."

"Right... It was nice meeting you. Maybe we'll run into each other again some time."

"Yes... Well, if you are ever in need of some mechanical or electrical work, parts, or anything like that, you can stop by our shop.
EzEl Electrical... We are kind of shoved off to the side of the market but it should be easy enough to find.
Um... So, I will see you later, I guess.
I think I know the way back to the dock."

(04-04-2016, 08:44 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Yes... Well, if you are ever in need of some mechanical or electrical work, parts, or anything like that, you can stop by our shop.
EzEl Electrical... We are kind of shoved off to the side of the market but it should be easy enough to find.

"If you need help again, I'm not gone yet."

(04-04-2016, 09:56 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 08:44 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Yes... Well, if you are ever in need of some mechanical or electrical work, parts, or anything like that, you can stop by our shop.

"If you need help again, I'm not gone yet."

"Um... Yes... Please. I have no idea where I am going."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-05-2016

(04-04-2016, 11:24 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Um... Yes... Please. I have no idea where I am going."

"It's this way." Umbra starts leading again.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-05-2016

(04-05-2016, 12:43 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 11:24 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Um... Yes... Please. I have no idea where I am going."

"It's this way." Umbra starts leading again.

"..." Ezekiel follows. While he's walking he starts turning the drone around and prying back some of the casing to get a look at the inside.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-05-2016

(04-05-2016, 04:24 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "..." Ezekiel follows. While he's walking he starts turning the drone around and prying back some of the casing to get a look at the inside.

"I'm guessing you get a lot of requests like this? Machinery-related ones?"