Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-05-2016

(04-05-2016, 04:40 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 04:24 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "..." Ezekiel follows. While he's walking he starts turning the drone around and prying back some of the casing to get a look at the inside.

"I'm guessing you get a lot of requests like this? Machinery-related ones?"

"Mm? Yes... I sort of wish I had more time to work on my own projects, but unfortunately I do not get paid enough for that...
Would definitely be easier if Elijah got off his ass and at least make an attempt to help but he is always too busy 'running the shop' despite the fact we only get a few customers every day."
He sighs heavily. "Still better than my old job."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-05-2016

(04-05-2016, 09:47 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 04:40 AM)Umbra Wrote: "I'm guessing you get a lot of requests like this? Machinery-related ones?"

"Mm? Yes... I sort of wish I had more time to work on my own projects, but unfortunately I do not get paid enough for that...
Would definitely be easier if Elijah got off his ass and at least make an attempt to help but he is always too busy 'running the shop' despite the fact we only get a few customers every day."

"Hum. I've always had the same job myself. Wish it were something else sometimes, but I'm kinda stuck with it... The pay's good, though, and my superiors are nice people, so I don't have much to complain about."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-05-2016

//Are the other characters going to meet up at the hardware store? I wasn't sure on that and figured I'd wait a little just in case.

(04-05-2016, 03:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Are the other characters going to meet up at the hardware store? I wasn't sure on that and figured I'd wait a little just in case.

// yeah, I figured Syntax and Danu could stop at Eli's shop.
// ah, if that's fine with Shaad.

(04-05-2016, 02:39 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 09:47 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Mm? Yes... I sort of wish I had more time to work on my own projects, but unfortunately I do not get paid enough for that...

"Hum. I've always had the same job myself. Wish it were something else sometimes, but I'm kinda stuck with it... The pay's good, though, and my superiors are nice people, so I don't have much to complain about."
"Oh? And where do you work?"

(04-05-2016, 05:24 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 03:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Are the other characters going to meet up at the hardware store? I wasn't sure on that and figured I'd wait a little just in case.

// yeah, I figured Syntax and Danu could stop at Eli's shop.
// ah, if that's fine with Shaad.

((Perfectly fine.))

(04-05-2016, 09:53 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Oh? And where do you work?"

((Perfectly fine.))

// Sweet.

"Oh, I'm, uh... Well... A High Guard, But I try not to throw it around. Er, unless someone asks... If you've been around Eden for a while, which I'm probably guessing you haven't, you might know about some sort of anomaly... That's me."

(04-05-2016, 10:00 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 09:53 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Oh? And where do you work?"

((Perfectly fine.))

// Sweet.

"Oh, I'm, uh... Well... A High Guard, But I try not to throw it around. Er, unless someone asks... If you've been around Eden for a while, which I'm probably guessing you haven't, you might know about some sort of anomaly... That's me."

"Oh, yes I have heard of that- er... You. Briefly... Only that name though. And the High Guard bit might have been useful when we were talking to Klreshijavurech. It would be nice to see him squirm for a change." He smiles wickedly, revealing sharp-looking teeth, but quickly stifles it. "Ehm. Sorry. I really do not like him."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-06-2016

(04-05-2016, 10:13 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Oh, yes I have heard of that- er... You. Briefly... Only that name though. And the High Guard bit might have been useful when we were talking to Klreshijavurech. It would be nice to see him squirm for a change." He smiles wickedly, revealing sharp-looking teeth, but quickly stifles it. "Ehm. Sorry. I really do not like him."

"I can tell. I won't hold it against you, though... Kulresh- wait, no. Klesh... Kureshi..."
"...Not gonna try and pronounce that. What's his face didn't seem like the enjoyable sort."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-06-2016

(04-06-2016, 01:32 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 10:13 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Oh, yes I have heard of that- er... You. Briefly... Only that name though. And the High Guard bit might have been useful when we were talking to Klreshijavurech. It would be nice to see him squirm for a change." He smiles wickedly, revealing sharp-looking teeth, but quickly stifles it. "Ehm. Sorry. I really do not like him."

"I can tell. I won't hold it against you, though... Kulresh- wait, no. Klesh... Kureshi..."
"...Not gonna try and pronounce that. What's his face didn't seem like the enjoyable sort."

"He reminds me of my old employers... Friendly on the outside but obviously trying to get you to warm up to them so they can control you easier, or in this case, make me give him a discount. Or perhaps scam me. I do not know how Elijah deals with him, although I imagine it would be intimidation, since bartering is not his speciality. Also, I reccommend just calling Klreshijavurech Klreshij, Klresh, or some variant. Everyone has difficulties with his name at first."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-06-2016

(I was going to have 753 recruit somebody but I have dick for connection and can't commit to a scene aaaaaa)

(04-06-2016, 02:02 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "He reminds me of my old employers... Friendly on the outside but obviously trying to get you to warm up to them so they can control you easier, or in this case, make me give him a discount. Or perhaps scam me. I do not know how Elijah deals with him, although I imagine it would be intimidation, since bartering is not his speciality. Also, I reccommend just calling Klreshijavurech Klreshij, Klresh, or some variant. Everyone has difficulties with his name at first."

"Yeah, I'll probably have to just go with that. He was a Schymnil, right? Interesting race. Being taken advantage of is probably better than where I was in my early days here, though... Not only was I confused as hell, but I was restricted solely to the on-station scientific center. At least I wasn't caged up... Mostly because they only found out how to do that after they realized I was sentient."

(04-06-2016, 03:08 AM)Surge Wrote: (I was going to have 753 recruit somebody but I have dick for connection and can't commit to a scene aaaaaa)

// If you need more time, I can hurry up my story production...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-06-2016

(04-06-2016, 03:31 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 02:02 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "He reminds me of my old employers... Friendly on the outside but obviously trying to get you to warm up to them so they can control you easier, or in this case, make me give him a discount. Or perhaps scam me. I do not know how Elijah deals with him, although I imagine it would be intimidation, since bartering is not his speciality. Also, I reccommend just calling Klreshijavurech Klreshij, Klresh, or some variant. Everyone has difficulties with his name at first."

"Yeah, I'll probably have to just go with that. He was a Schymnil, right? Interesting race. Being taken advantage of is probably better than where I was in my early days here, though... Not only was I confused as hell, but I was restricted solely to the on-station scientific center. At least I wasn't caged up... Mostly because they only found out how to do that after they realized I was sentient."

"Sounds terrible. I was in a similar situation for a time... Locked up, that is, though it was my own fault for making some very bad decisions, which I continued to make in order to get out... Anyhow, I think I recognize this area. We are close to the dock."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-06-2016

Danu leads the way to Eili's shop, smiling when she sees the hardware store because of all the contraptions that could be built using the components they sold.

(04-06-2016, 05:58 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Sounds terrible. I was in a similar situation for a time... Locked up, that is, though it was my own fault for making some very bad decisions, which I continued to make in order to get out... Anyhow, I think I recognize this area. We are close to the dock."

"Yeah, looks like it. The Guard station's pretty close to the spaceport, and I can see the sign from here... The scientists were nice, people, anyway. They only did certain tests with my consent. Very understanding."
"...Some of the experiments were pretty painful, though."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 04-06-2016

(03-13-2016, 11:54 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      And he opened his eyes with a yawn before sitting up.  Geezus, he'd fallen asleep there.  Plus the bread was gone, probably some grubby streetwalker.  "Ahhg."  He slapped his hand softly across his own face.  How had he fallen asleep mid-thought?  Obviously there had been no guard.  But now how would he find information on Sandrise or Zeurei?  He doubted that anyone even the guards, or security, whatever they were would have any information.  And with Zeurei unlikely to interact with most anyone...  Wonderful.  He stood once more to his feet stepping out to the edges of the street as a large vehicle of some sort shot down the path, causing various onlookers to leap out of the way to safety.  It left his sight spinning for a moment before he shook it off.  Well, that was a close one...  Well, no information, no way to get information...  He shrugged throwing his hands up.  May as well.  And he lurched into a soft run down the street after whatever it was as a loud crash rang out with thick acrid smoke thrown up in the distance, absolutely ignoring the possibly injured bystanders that lay strewn about on the path.  Looked like disaster.  Smelled like it too.  

///I'll currently stick to a partially unapproachable story until my character has developed enough to even try interacting.  I'll use the *Infinite realities claus, to go on without disrupting other people, while being able to read and be read by people so that everyone can get more used to my...  Odd, writing style.  So that when I finally do join in.  It won't be a mess of "fuck you"s and nothing else going two ways since people here don't really know me all too well.  Haven't been here for 8+ odd years like most of the other forums I've frequented in the past.  And it's time I started acting like it.  Or at least trying.    My words carry little weight without others to support me, I am not an elder here.

Footsteps, padding rapidly down the street, on top of the occasional body.  He showed so little regard for anyone else: a solid minute and a half, and he stopped, his feet sliding a few inches before he settled to a halt.  The smoke hung in the air, in the distance one could hear the padding footsteps in unison.  He only had a few moments.  The motorized carriage vehicle sat on it's roof four bodies lay inside, two struggling to get out, one partially lain inside the fires that threw up the smoke.  He drug the moving ones out relatively quickly, especially by his skinny frame's standard of what he should even be able to do.  And then he crawled down in there himself.  A soft glow of something like a blue spark, then he stepped out carrying a couple bags and darted off into the nearest alleyway.  Making an unseen taunting fish face as the emergency services arrived behind him.  He was sure some individuals had seen him.  But that was the easy part.

The alleyway sat quiet, nobody had chosen to chase him, nobody had come looking for him.  It was too easy, but it also hadn't been any sort of lead.  At the least though,  it had left him finally with a link here.  He left the bags sitting at the side of the alleyway as he held up what spoils he'd mustered from them.  Some data chits, a few personal notes from the original owners, and a few small cards with no writing on them, but a magnetic slip along one of the longer edges.  And these few objects disappeared among his thin robe.  And he began to walk away once more as other alley-way travelers quickly made the bags disappear, for lack of a better word.  

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-07-2016

(04-06-2016, 04:51 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 05:58 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Sounds terrible. I was in a similar situation for a time... Locked up, that is, though it was my own fault for making some very bad decisions, which I continued to make in order to get out... Anyhow, I think I recognize this area. We are close to the dock."

"Yeah, looks like it. The Guard station's pretty close to the spaceport, and I can see the sign from here... The scientists were nice, people, anyway. They only did certain tests with my consent. Very understanding."
"...Some of the experiments were pretty painful, though."

"That sounds... different."

(04-06-2016, 04:51 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu leads the way to Eili's shop, smiling when she sees the hardware store because of all the contraptions that could be built using the components they sold.

"Greetings, Danu!" Elijah says, waving from behind the counter. "Are you looking for something? I'm sorry about last time. I... Must have thought you were someone else."

((Also changed Elijah's text color to better differentiate it from non-speech text.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 12:41 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "That sounds... different."

"I'm just lucky that I figured out how to talk early. After that, they realized I wasn't just some sort of creature and changed their research plans accordingly."

Quote:"Greetings, Danu!" Elijah says, waving from behind the counter. "Are you looking for something? I'm sorry about last time. I... Must have thought you were someone else."

((Also changed Elijah's text color to better differentiate it from non-speech text.))

Syntax starts non-literally scanning the stand for possible power armor parts... Or just scrap metal.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 03:58 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 12:41 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "That sounds... different."

"I'm just lucky that I figured out how to talk early. After that, they realized I wasn't just some sort of creature and changed their research plans accordingly."
"Figured out?"

Quote:
Quote:"Greetings, Danu!" Elijah says, waving from behind the counter. "Are you looking for something? I'm sorry about last time. I... Must have thought you were someone else."

Syntax starts non-literally scanning the stand for possible power armor parts... Or just scrap metal.

"Are you looking for something in particular?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-07-2016

"I need to get another box of white front power sockets and a roll of 12-3 MX wire. Pretty standard stuff, I know where it is on the shelf." Danu makes her way over to the electrical section to get it.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 04:40 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Figured out?"

"Yeah, I... It's kinda complicated. Mostly because I don't know a lot about myself..."

Quote:"Are you looking for something in particular?"

"Yes. I need several yards of wire and more scrap metal." Syntax leans in and mutters: "Different parts of power armor plating and chassis would also suffice if you have them."