Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 05:21 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 05:20 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: //Umm......so I know I kinda dropped off of the face of the forum a while ago, but I'm back. Anybody willing to help catch me up?

// Oh, hi! We timeskipped, Shaad is actually doing things and getting comfortable with characters... Other than that, not much.

//Timeskipped? Also, could you describe the current setting/events for me?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 05:24 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 05:21 AM)Umbra Wrote: // Oh, hi! We timeskipped, Shaad is actually doing things and getting comfortable with characters... Other than that, not much.

//Timeskipped? Also, could you describe the current setting/events for me?

// we just let time pass a bit. Right now, Syntax (new character of mine) and Odin's character, Danu, are shopping at a hardware place owned by one of Shaad's guys on the station. One of his other characters and Umbra are talking with each other during an unusually long walk planetside.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 04:41 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 08:38 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "I have seen enough impossible to know that impossible does not exist."

"I dunno, you might be surprised. I'd show you if we weren't in public."
"Perhaps some other time, then."

Quote:
Quote:"Okay." He goes into the back and comes back carrying a sack of plates. "There are twenty in here. I don't know if it's enough but it's all we have in stock currently."

He looks down at his tablet and presses a few buttons. "That will be... Apparently quite steep. 120000¤... Of course, these have been sitting in the back for months, so I can probably give you a discount if it means finally selling them. How does 60000¤ sound?"

Syntax lets out a small blip of distress as his eyes increase in vertical resolution.
"Uh. Maybe a cheaper metal? I do not know if that is within my budget, considering I still have a lot to do..."

"..." His face goes dead serious. "10000."

(04-10-2016, 05:45 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 05:24 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: //Timeskipped? Also, could you describe the current setting/events for me?

// we just let time pass a bit. Right now, Syntax (new character of mine) and Odin's character, Danu, are shopping at a hardware place owned by one of Shaad's guys on the station. One of his other characters and Umbra are talking with each other during an unusually long walk planetside.

//Okay. Thanks Umbra

Tim, sporting a fair bit of scruff, walks down a crowded hallway on the station. He puts his hands in his jacket pockets as he turns a corner into the marketplace.
Where was the tool shop again? Tim thinks, as he begins looking around.

(04-10-2016, 05:21 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 05:20 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: //Umm......so I know I kinda dropped off of the face of the forum a while ago, but I'm back. Anybody willing to help catch me up?

// Oh, hi! We timeskipped, Shaad is actually doing things and getting comfortable with characters... Other than that, not much.

((Getting comfortable with characters? I wouldn't go that far. My character writing is still sub-par at best.))

(04-10-2016, 06:08 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 05:45 AM)Umbra Wrote: // we just let time pass a bit. Right now, Syntax (new character of mine) and Odin's character, Danu, are shopping at a hardware place owned by one of Shaad's guys on the station. One of his other characters and Umbra are talking with each other during an unusually long walk planetside.

//Okay. Thanks Umbra

Tim, sporting a fair bit of scruff, walks down a crowded hallway on the station. He puts his hands in his jacket pockets as he turns a corner into the marketplace.

There are various tool shops around the market. One in particular... does not stand out at all. It is a small shop, at the very edge of the market, and wedged in between two much bigger shops. The sign reads "EzEl Electrical", with what appears to be an old sign sitting against the wall next to it that reads "Eli & Zeke's Parts and Junk". It looks like the store was in the process of being renovated, but work ended half way through. There appear to be some tools on display, along with wires, parts, scrap, and electronic appliances. The man who presumably runs the store, a gold-skinned elf-like man, is currently going between talking to a robot and a woman.

(04-10-2016, 06:03 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Perhaps some other time, then."

"Guess so."

Quote:"..." His face goes dead serious. "10000."

His alarmed expression shifts into a confused one. Quite a price drop.
"...I would ask if you were joking, but you clearly are not... I suppose that is a deal."

(04-10-2016, 06:10 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((Getting comfortable with characters? I wouldn't go that far. My character writing is still sub-par at best.))

// Oh, hush. You're not giving yourself enough credit.

(04-10-2016, 06:10 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 05:21 AM)Umbra Wrote: // Oh, hi! We timeskipped, Shaad is actually doing things and getting comfortable with characters... Other than that, not much.

((Getting comfortable with characters? I wouldn't go that far. My character writing is still sub-par at best.))

(04-10-2016, 06:08 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: //Okay. Thanks Umbra

There are various tool shops around the market. One in particular... does not stand out at all. It is a small shop, at the very edge of the market, and wedged in between two much bigger shops. The sign reads "EzEl Electrical", with what appears to be an old sign sitting against the wall next to it that reads "Eli & Zeke's Parts and Junk". It looks like the store was in the process of being renovated, but work ended half way through. There appear to be some tools on display, along with wires, parts, scrap, and electronic appliances. The man who presumably runs the store, a gold-skinned elf-like man, is currently going between talking to a robot and a woman.

As Tim scans the stores, he notices the smaller shop. Maybe they're carrying it...well, it's worth a shot. Tim begins to walk over, feeling a wave of dejá-vu hit him as he sees the woman. Why does she seem familiar...? He tries to shake off the feeling as he reaches the shop, quickly scanning over the various tools on display.

(04-10-2016, 06:29 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 06:03 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Perhaps some other time, then."

"Guess so."
"...It feels like we have been walking for an extraordinate amount of time."

Quote:
Quote:"..." His face goes dead serious. "10000."

His alarmed expression shifts into a confused one. Quite a price drop.
"...I would ask if you were joking, but you clearly are not... I suppose that is a deal."
"Completely serious. We have a deal."

Quote:
(04-10-2016, 06:10 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((Getting comfortable with characters? I wouldn't go that far. My character writing is still sub-par at best.))

// Oh, hush. You're not giving yourself enough credit.
((Heck, I'm sort of reusing character ideas, and multiple of those were basically clichés to begin with... I am trying to think more about characterization and plots for my characters though. [i.e. no more temporal shennanigan retconning. Though I do plan for some of the temporal nonsense to have had an effect here, I will be avoiding actual time travel and related phenomena at all costs... Well, okay, one (very) side character might break that rule but it literally has nothing to do with the rest of the RP currently, but rather a piece of background RP to do with the previous one. WIBBLEY WOBBLEY TIMEY WIMEY! But yes that plan aside, no more of that.]

(04-10-2016, 06:31 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 06:10 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: There are various tool shops around the market. One in particular... does not stand out at all. It is a small shop, at the very edge of the market, and wedged in between two much bigger shops. The sign reads "EzEl Electrical", with what appears to be an old sign sitting against the wall next to it that reads "Eli & Zeke's Parts and Junk". It looks like the store was in the process of being renovated, but work ended half way through. There appear to be some tools on display, along with wires, parts, scrap, and electronic appliances. The man who presumably runs the store, a gold-skinned elf-like man, is currently going between talking to a robot and a woman.

As Tim scans the stores, he notices the smaller shop. Maybe they're carrying it...well, it's worth a shot. Tim begins to walk over, feeling a wave of dejá-vu hit him as he sees the woman. Why does she seem familiar...? He tries to shake off the feeling as he reaches the shop, quickly scanning over the various tools on display.

"Hello!" The man waves. "What can I do for you?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-10-2016

(there's also 753, who is going around recruiting people for some "adventure" he won't elaborate on. Jury is still out on if it's for any actual good or just his own amusement)

(04-10-2016, 10:07 AM)Surge Wrote: (there's also 753, who is going around recruiting people for some "adventure" he won't elaborate on. Jury is still out on if it's for any actual good or just his own amusement)

(I imagine the jury is composed entirely of 753?)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 10:16 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 10:07 AM)Surge Wrote: (there's also 753, who is going around recruiting people for some "adventure" he won't elaborate on. Jury is still out on if it's for any actual good or just his own amusement)

(I imagine the jury is composed entirely of 753?)
(the jury is out on the composition of the jury too. That robot is a mystery wrapped in moderate insanity and sprinkled with surprisingly genuine good will.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-10-2016

(04-09-2016, 08:38 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 02:22 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "You don't? This is the stuff." She holds up a coil of flexible metallic conduit with 3 conductors inside, having the colors black white and green. "Its pretty commonplace though for wiring power sockets."

She waits near the counter to check out.

//Ugh, Titanium. Light as aluminum, but harder to machine than stainless steel. I've broken a few tools on that before.

"And what you've gathered will probably come to..." He checks the tablet again. "2250¤"

((*¤ is an arbitrary currency I'm using since I have no idea what cost they would be in the primary currency of the station.))

Danu scans her card at the register, after all money is one of the few constants of the universe that almost every society relies on to function. And with this world's technology, they almost certainly would have invented debit cards or a similar scheme of electronically transferring money.

"Just waiting on the computer to do its thing."

//Tbh it would be funny to make an RP that uses Bitcoin as its currency. Just because.

(04-10-2016, 09:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 06:29 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Guess so."
"...It feels like we have been walking for an extraordinate amount of time."

Quote:His alarmed expression shifts into a confused one. Quite a price drop.
"Completely serious. We have a deal."

Quote:// Oh, hush. You're not giving yourself enough credit.
((Heck, I'm sort of reusing character ideas, and multiple of those were basically clichés to begin with... I am trying to think more about characterization and plots for my characters though. [i.e. no more temporal shennanigan retconning. Though I do plan for some of the temporal nonsense to have had an effect here, I will be avoiding actual time travel and related phenomena at all costs... Well, okay, one (very) side character might break that rule but it literally has nothing to do with the rest of the RP currently, but rather a piece of background RP to do with the previous one. WIBBLEY WOBBLEY TIMEY WIMEY! But yes that plan aside, no more of that.]

(04-10-2016, 06:31 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: As Tim scans the stores, he notices the smaller shop. Maybe they're carrying it...well, it's worth a shot. Tim begins to walk over, feeling a wave of dejá-vu hit him as he sees the woman. Why does she seem familiar...? He tries to shake off the feeling as he reaches the shop, quickly scanning over the various tools on display.

"Hello!" The man waves. "What can I do for you?"

Tim looks over at the man. "Oh, hi. I was wondering if you had any Model IV arc welders for sale." He pulls out a small handheld device, showing it to the man. On it is a picture of the piece of equipment he is looking for. "Should look something like this."

(04-10-2016, 09:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "...It feels like we have been walking for an extraordinate amount of time."

"...Wait." Umbra looks behind them to see that the port is...
Well.
Behind them.
He facepalms. Of course.
"Sorry about that. Turning around, then..." HE does so.

Quote:"Completely serious. We have a deal."

"All right." Syntax pulls out a card and swipes it on... Whatever thing there is for card payment.

(04-10-2016, 10:18 AM)Surge Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 10:16 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: (I imagine the jury is composed entirely of 753?)
(the jury is out on the composition of the jury too. That robot is a mystery wrapped in moderate insanity and sprinkled with surprisingly genuine good will.)

// Hence why I claim he's like Sheogorath (he was the Hero of Kvatch at one point, after all). Also why I sometimes refer to him as a Droidric Prince.

(04-10-2016, 01:30 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 08:38 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "And what you've gathered will probably come to..." He checks the tablet again. "2250¤"

((*¤ is an arbitrary currency I'm using since I have no idea what cost they would be in the primary currency of the station.))

Danu scans her card at the register, after all money is one of the few constants of the universe that almost every society relies on to function. And with this world's technology, they almost certainly would have invented debit cards or a similar scheme of electronically transferring money.

"Just waiting on the computer to do its thing."

//Tbh it would be funny to make an RP that uses Bitcoin as its currency. Just because.
The old card reader beeps, signifying the transaction completing.
((Pff. Well for all we know, credits and such might be the logical conclusion to bitcoin. A completely electronic currency that's incredibly difficult to fake.))

(04-10-2016, 03:51 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 09:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Hello!" The man waves. "What can I do for you?"

Tim looks over at the man. "Oh, hi. I was wondering if you had any Model IV arc welders for sale." He pulls out a small handheld device, showing it to the man. On it is a picture of the piece of equipment he is looking for. "Should look something like this."
"Oh, yes, I've seen those. We have them." He goes around the corner and comes back with a copy of the tool. "How's this?"

(04-10-2016, 03:59 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 09:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "...It feels like we have been walking for an extraordinate amount of time."

"...Wait." Umbra looks behind them to see that the port is...
Well.
Behind them.
He facepalms. Of course.
"Sorry about that. Turning around, then..." HE does so.
Ezekiel follows, this time making sure to look in the direction of the port to be sure he keeps going forward.

Quote:
Quote:"Completely serious. We have a deal."

"All right." Syntax pulls out a card and swipes it on... Whatever thing there is for card payment.

(04-10-2016, 10:18 AM)Surge Wrote: (the jury is out on the composition of the jury too. That robot is a mystery wrapped in moderate insanity and sprinkled with surprisingly genuine good will.)

// Hence why I claim he's like Sheogorath (he was the Hero of Kvatch at one point, after all). Also why I sometimes refer to him as a Droidric Prince.
The reader, as expected, beeps again. ((Only the highest-quality of posts from me!))

((As for the Sheogorath comment... Well, depending on how you interpret the weirder parts of the lore...
On one hand, pre-Oblivion-Crisis Sheo was a seperate entity to the Hero, while post is the Hero.
However, due to the weird process of how Enantiomorphs work and the slightly less weird but still bizzare concept of Mantling, adding in to the possibility of a Dragon Break since those tend to crop up when strangeness occurs, and technically, the Hero of Kvatch and Sheogorath were probably both never and always the same entity, even before the Hero was born... So you are likely both partially and completely correct and completely incorrect at the same time. TES lore is headache-inducing.))

(04-10-2016, 09:12 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Ezekiel follows, this time making sure to look in the direction of the port to be sure he keeps going forward.

After a bit of walking, the two finally come to the port, assuming Ezekiel has nothing else to say.

Quote:The reader, as expected, beeps again. ((Only the highest-quality of posts from me!))

"Right. Let me just..." Syntax lifts the bag up.
Then he tips over due to the weight. He stands back up, grumbling. "Guess I will have to drag this back to Engineering..."

Quote:((As for the Sheogorath comment... Well, depending on how you interpret the weirder parts of the lore...
On one hand, pre-Oblivion-Crisis Sheo was a seperate entity to the Hero, while post is the Hero.
However, due to the weird process of how Enantiomorphs work and the slightly less weird but still bizzare concept of Mantling, adding in to the possibility of a Dragon Break since those tend to crop up when strangeness occurs, and technically, the Hero of Kvatch and Sheogorath were probably both never and always the same entity, even before the Hero was born... So you are likely both partially and completely correct and completely incorrect at the same time. TES lore is headache-inducing.))

// Not as headache-inducing as an Elder Scroll. Just look at what happened to Septimus.

(04-10-2016, 09:51 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 09:12 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Ezekiel follows, this time making sure to look in the direction of the port to be sure he keeps going forward.

After a bit of walking, the two finally come to the port, assuming Ezekiel has nothing else to say.
"Well... Thank you Umbra. I need to get back now before Elijah gives away half of our stock in my absence."
Quote:
Quote:The reader, as expected, beeps again. ((Only the highest-quality of posts from me!))

"Right. Let me just..." Syntax lifts the bag up.
Then he tips over due to the weight. He stands back up, grumbling. "Guess I will have to drag this back to Engineering..."
Elijah looks to the others. "If that's all, I could take a break and help you with that bag."

Quote:
Quote:((As for the Sheogorath comment... Well, depending on how you interpret the weirder parts of the lore...

// Not as headache-inducing as an Elder Scroll. Just look at what happened to Septimus.

((Even the Scrolls themselves have trouble figuring out Dragon Breaks. They can't even look back on the biggest one, which lasted an indeterminate amount of time believed to have been 1008 years. Temporal dynamics! But yes poor Septimus... Even if he did end up doing Herma-Mora's dirty work I still kind of liked him.))

(04-10-2016, 10:02 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Well... Thank you Umbra. I need to get back now before Elijah gives away half of our stock in my absence."

"Of course! Feel free to come down and visit again... That is, if I don't run into you up there."

Quote:Elijah looks to the others. "If that's all, I could take a break and help you with that bag."

"Yes, some help would be appreciated... I was not designed for heavy lifting."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 04-11-2016

(04-10-2016, 09:12 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [Le snip]
(04-10-2016, 03:51 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim looks over at the man. "Oh, hi. I was wondering if you had any Model IV arc welders for sale." He pulls out a small handheld device, showing it to the man. On it is a picture of the piece of equipment he is looking for. "Should look something like this."
"Oh, yes, I've seen those. We have them." He goes around the corner and comes back with a copy of the tool. "How's this?"
[Le snip]

Tim examines the tool, before nodding. "That's perfect. How much for it?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-11-2016

(04-10-2016, 10:57 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 10:02 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Well... Thank you Umbra. I need to get back now before Elijah gives away half of our stock in my absence."

"Of course! Feel free to come down and visit again... That is, if I don't run into you up there."
The corners of his mouth turn up slightly. "...I will consider it. And please do stop by the shop if you ever need anything. We need the income."
He sort of makes a half-assed awkward wave and starts toward the dock.

Quote:
Quote:Elijah looks to the others. "If that's all, I could take a break and help you with that bag."

"Yes, some help would be appreciated... I was not designed for heavy lifting."
"Okay, just a moment."

(04-11-2016, 01:04 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 09:12 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [Le snip]
[Le snip]

Tim examines the tool, before nodding. "That's perfect. How much for it?"
"That will be... 6000¤, probably."