Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 01:06 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(04-13-2016, 12:15 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Uh..." His face twists into a grimace. "Yes. But the details aren't important."

"Except war isn't the worst."

"The worst, the absolute worst possible outcome, is the apocalypse. And not just planetary destruction, I'm talking the collapse of time-space itself on a level that takes multiple linked realms with it. Fortunately, you don't usually get to see it happen let alone live to tell the tale."

"....." He just stands there for a minute. "I'm going to assume that wasn't intentional."
"WELL!"
He turns to Syntax and his brother. "Armor plates! Where do you want them? They're kind of heavy so I want to move them ASAP."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-13-2016

(04-12-2016, 05:09 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "What he said."

"Ah."

"Well, this talk of doomsday and other terrible things is nice, but I should take my leave."
"Do you need a hand with those... I am guessing they are metal plates, judging from what he said?"
"Yes, and yes."
State effortlessly picks up the bag of metal and slings it over his shoulder. "Engineering?"
"Yup." State starts walking off. "I suppose I will see you all later." Syntax starts walking off as well.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-14-2016

"Well,  I guess I'd better head home." Danu sighs. She didn't like talking about the end times, mostly because it made things awkward for her.

Gathering her things, she makes her way back to the space dock to wait for a shuttle returning to the surface.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 04-15-2016

//Sorry I haven't been posting here. I just haven't been feeling the drive that I used to...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 06:35 AM)Comito Wrote: //Sorry I haven't been posting here. I just haven't been feeling the drive that I used to...

((That's fine. Prettty sure everyone's had that feeling now and again.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-18-2016

//Since we stalled again

A bizarre series of weather appears in the northern regions of the planet, cumulating in snowstorms affecting several settlements particularly those inland and at higher elevations. Scientists are baffled by what caused it, although some suggest it could be residual terraforming effects or the impacts of volcanic activity elsewhere on the planet.

Danu doesn't seem to mind. Although she can't start making new buildings while it is snowing, she can still finish up the inside of ones that already have their roof and exterior complete.

Taking a break from her work, she makes her way in to the settlement and stops at a pizza place for lunch. Her coat is fluffy and warm, and she brushes the fresh snowfall off of herself before ordering her meal.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-18-2016

// if Surge is still looking for people, I can start up the thing I had planned...

Despite the outburst of cold weather, the giant tree that overlooks the town from the forest is still budding and leaf-covered. Umbra is reading underneath its shade, leaning against the thick roots and trunk.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-19-2016

(I'm still waiting for there to be people practically.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-19-2016

Danu notices Umbra through the window of the pizza place and waves to him. Why was he sitting alone in the snow when he could come inside and have something warm to snack on.

Her order was up, so she went to get it, and soon returned to her seat. Settled in with her meal, she waves to him again.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-19-2016

(04-19-2016, 12:57 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu notices Umbra through the window of the pizza place and waves to him. Why was he sitting alone in the snow when he could come inside and have something warm to snack on.

Her order was up, so she went to get it, and soon returned to her seat. Settled in with her meal, she waves to him again.

Umbra gives a gentle wave back, then continues reading.
He isn't too bundled up, but he doesn't seem cold, either... It looks like he's fine, though.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 04-20-2016

A night passed without incidence for Zeureis.  He'd exited town during the night, and yet nothing bothered him in his position under the distant stars.  They'd said it had was dangerous out here...  How now would they come by that assumption?  Maybe it was just him though.

The spark of early morning shone on his face, making him wince slightly as he clenched his eyes shut and yawned.  Slowly letting his eyes re-adjust before fully committing to opening them.  He was alone.  Only the wind through the sparse and bunched flora whistled to create a background.  Although already sounds from town had started to permeate the world about him.  When it was so quiet as it was, you could hear the individual opening and closing of distant doors.  The hundreds of footfalls, meshing into a messy tone of potential progress.

Ahh.   He may as well give up on looking for Sandrise and Zeurei.  Find something a little more long term as a goal for now.  Pickpocketing and looting the injured or dead only lasted so long.  Especially if you got caught.

The guards stared at him as he entered town, but to his benefit, they did not stop him, or ask any questions.  He enjoyed having such a dramatically ostentatious presence.  But with such a skillset as his it was almost never a benefit.  Or was it?  An offhanded smirk crossed his face before he turned to a nearby guard after wiping his expression.  

"Here.  I think this...  Identification, is yours."

"Uhh.  Thanks?  Wait what?  How'd I drop that?"  As they eyed Zeureis.

"I don't know.  It was just on the ground over here anyways."  He shrugged, quite unsure himself how they'd 'dropped' that..  "Nice picture by the way."

"Thanks I guess.  Didn't need to lose that.  Expensive getting another, well, have a nice day."

"You are very welcome."

And he walked off un-availed, to his delight.  He hadn't actually stolen anything from the man after all.  Err, Robot man?  Whatever.  But his fellows hadn't been quite so lucky.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-20-2016

(04-19-2016, 09:15 AM)Surge Wrote: (I'm still waiting for there to be people practically.)

// so is that a go-ahead? My thing might draw people in again...
// it'd also give 753 a chance to do things. He might be interested.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-20-2016

(04-20-2016, 02:35 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-19-2016, 09:15 AM)Surge Wrote: (I'm still waiting for there to be people practically.)

// so is that a go-ahead? My thing might draw people in again...
(go nuts)

(04-20-2016, 03:16 PM)Surge Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 02:35 PM)Umbra Wrote: // so is that a go-ahead? My thing might draw people in again...
(go nuts)

// all right, I'll kick-start it when I get home.
// rinoah, assuming Zeurei just entered 'the town,' this might concern you, too.

On Nexus 17, in that nameless town people apparently like a lot...
Something is very wrong.
In the northern area of the town, sirens start sounding.
Umbra's ears immediately perk up and he looks northward, setting his book down and shifting into Anomaly form, flying off towards the source of the sirens.

If Danu is still watching, this may come as a surprise... The siren might draw the attention of some curious people, or just discourage others.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-21-2016

Hearing the Siren, Danu is quick to take the last of her pizza to go and heads north as well. Not only was the house she had been building in that direction, but she had been considering joining the fire brigade to help the town a little more.

She's not as fast as Umbra is, but despite being a fairly large woman she certainly can sprint quite fast towards the fuss.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-21-2016

// I'm just going to wait for a few more people to respond/get involved... It'd be kind of pointless to do this thing with only one other person.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-21-2016

Ezekiel and a human girl who looks to be a few years younger than him are walking around town. The girl is around 4-1/2 feet tall, just shorter than the already quite short Ezekiel, and a bit chubby for her size. Her hair, which is silver and messy, is pulled back in a short ponytail through the back of her blue baseball cap. Her eyes are a dull, rusty brown, and covered by a pair of rectangular glasses. Around her neck is a pair of oversized welding goggles, and her white t-shirt is covered in horrendous oil stains, with her grey jeans worn and ripped at the knees, and heavy-looking work boots adorn her feet. Ezekiel isn't looking much better, with his usual well-dressed appearance thrown out in favor of simple work clothes in equally terrible condition.

On hearing the sirens, the girl bolts toward the sound, startling Ezekiel, who pulls out his tablet from his satchel and follows while somewhat frantically typing a message out to someone.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 04-22-2016

Among those responding to the sirens was Gregor, who was busy watering some plants in front of Wurg's house.

At the sound, he turned the water off, quickly gathered his Guard equipment, and dashed off on all fours toward the northern part of town.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-22-2016

// gonna give people a bit more time before I proceed. It'll take a little bit for everyone to get up there anyway :v