Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 04-22-2016

Wurg slept. Quite soundly, in fact. She had exhausted herself with the job she recently got - helping construct homes near the edge of town. It had certainly helped her get money, and made life a bit less about worrying about budgeting everything.

She jolted awake, her charging cord disconnecting and slipping back into the bed. She stood up, threw on some clothes, and peeked out of the house. She could see Gregor running full-tilt towards the sirens.

"...Well, I might as well follow," She sighed, before running as well towards the sirens.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-22-2016

On the way there, most of the crowd is headed in the opposite direction and inside buildings, with a few brave hearts standing outside with some form of arms nearby. Something is definitely happening.

In the north of the town, the Guards are fighting off a bunch of... Strange creatures.
The beasts are colored jet black with six legs, spinelike fur, and five beady purple eyes above a threatening, shadowy maw. Strange purple crystal formations lightly speckle their leg joints. They appear to be about the size of a large wolf.
The Guards are fighting back with various hardlight weapons and other energy-based weaponry. Despite all the gunfire and slashing the beasts are taking, they don't appear to even bleed.
The appearance of these monsters might seem familiar to Wurg and Gregor...

The Anomaly is immediately attacked upon arrival; the unfortunate beast is greeted by the pointy end of its attacker's glaive before being slung back at one of its pack members with a grunt of effort.
"Great. Shadow... Things. This is gonna be fuuun..." The Anomaly starts trying to drive back the creatures and, if that doesn't work, killing the monsters.

The Guards- The Anomaly included- don't seem to have noticed the newcomers; they're too busy trying to fend off the sizeable pack of creatures.
// not exactly a swarm, more of just a large amount. Like, i dunno, 20, 15-ish.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-22-2016

Surge, being on the station doing something for 753, is completely oblivious to everything on the planet.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-22-2016

(04-22-2016, 02:27 AM)Umbra Wrote: On the way there, most of the crowd is headed in the opposite direction and inside buildings, with a few brave hearts standing outside with some form of arms nearby. Something is definitely happening.

In the north of the town, the Guards are fighting off a bunch of... Strange creatures.
The beasts are colored jet black with six legs, spinelike fur, and five beady purple eyes above a threatening, shadowy maw. Strange purple crystal formations lightly speckle their leg joints. They appear to be about the size of a large wolf.
The Guards are fighting back with various hardlight weapons and other energy-based weaponry. Despite all the gunfire and slashing the beasts are taking, they don't appear to even bleed.
The appearance of these monsters might seem familiar to Wurg and Gregor...

The Anomaly is immediately attacked upon arrival; the unfortunate beast is greeted by the pointy end of its attacker's glaive before being slung back at one of its pack members with a grunt of effort.
"Great. Shadow... Things. This is gonna be fuuun..." The Anomaly starts trying to drive back the creatures and, if that doesn't work, killing the monsters.

The Guards- The Anomaly included- don't seem to have noticed the newcomers; they're too busy trying to fend off the sizeable pack of creatures.
// not exactly a swarm, more of just a large amount. Like, i dunno, 20, 15-ish.

Ezekiel finally catches up with the girl just as she arrives near the scene, and grabs her shirt, pulling her back.
"Hold on! You aren't a member of the guard! What do you expect to do?"
"I was gonna help hold them back."
"With what? They're barely keeping them back as is. I messaged Elijah. He should be able to help. Just stay in here for now," he says, drawing a precise geometric pattern in the air with his hand before a pyramid-shaped energy barrier forms around them.
"I can help-"
"No. You're staying here." He walks straight through the barrier and draws another pattern, causing a crude steel cage to materialize out of thin air around the closest of the creatures.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-22-2016

"Monsters!" Danu shouts when she arrives at the scene and sees the vile beasts invading the village.

She doesn't exactly have any weapons on her, having expected the siren to be for something else. Standing unafraid, Danu appears to be willing to take these creatures bare handed. Up until now she hadn't actually needed to fight since arriving in this world, so after the initial concerns people had stopped asking what she was.

(04-22-2016, 03:36 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Ezekiel finally catches up with the girl just as she arrives near the scene, and grabs her shirt, pulling her back.
"Hold on! You aren't a member of the guard! What do you expect to do?"
"I was gonna help hold them back."
"With what? They're barely keeping them back as is. I messaged Elijah. He should be able to help. Just stay in here for now," he says, drawing a precise geometric pattern in the air with his hand before a pyramid-shaped energy barrier forms around them.
"I can help-"
"No. You're staying here." He walks straight through the barrier and draws another pattern, causing a crude steel cage to materialize out of thin air around the closest of the creatures.

Despite the crudeness of the cage, the creature can't seem to escape, to its own dismay.

(04-22-2016, 12:56 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Monsters!" Danu shouts when she arrives at the scene and sees the vile beasts invading the village.

She doesn't exactly have any weapons on her, having expected the siren to be for something else. Standing unafraid, Danu appears to be willing to take these creatures bare handed. Up until now she hadn't actually needed to fight since arriving in this world, so after the initial concerns people had stopped asking what she was.

A nearby creature lunges toward Danu with a shriek, but is whacked to the side by State's shield.
"I would recommend that you keep your distance if you can. These shadow creatures are weak, but they still pose a threat."

One of the beasts spies The Anomaly and runs back across the town border.

Wurg skidded to a halt the moment she saw the creatures. They reminded her of something. Something terrifying. The something that caused her to lose her entire lower body.

She turned tail and ran back to her home. There was nothing she could do. There was no way she could face those things.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 04-22-2016

Gregor regarded the creatures in much the same way; lingering memories of the day they nearly lost their lives. He stood his ground, however, and drew his sidearm.

He called after Wurg as she ran away, "Stay safe! I'll be back soon, I promise!" Truth be told, he did not know if he'd be able to fight the things either, but he had to keep everyone safe. It was his duty, both as a Guard and as a friend.

The Jakkai dashed over to join the others, and began firing into the nearest of the monsters. It had little effect, as was the case with the others being attacked, but perhaps with all their combined might...

(04-22-2016, 09:33 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor regarded the creatures in much the same way; lingering memories of the day they nearly lost their lives. He stood his ground, however, and drew his sidearm.

He called after Wurg as she ran away, "Stay safe! I'll be back soon, I promise!" Truth be told, he did not know if he'd be able to fight the things either, but he had to keep everyone safe. It was his duty, both as a Guard and a friend.

The Jakkai dashed over to join the others, and began firing into the nearest of the monsters. It had little effect, as was the case with the others being attacked, but perhaps with all their combined might...

The monsters do, indeed, not like bullets very much.
Not only are these monsters similar to the giant beast that nearly killed the entire scouting party, but Gregor might remember them being annoyances.
But... Something's different about these. The 'wolves' back then had red eyes, and didn't have a single crystal on their entire bodies.
A few of the other Guards can be heard commenting about a similar thing. These monsters aren't normal.

The herd seems to be thinning slightly, but there aren't many of their bodies lying around. Only one beast corpse and the caged creature, the latter of which seems to have given up on trying to escape and has decided to take a nap instead.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-22-2016

The girl kicks the pyramidal barrier repeatedly, making it flicker each time.
"Will you stop that?" Ezekiel groans, drawing another symbol and causing chains to fly out of mid-air and wrap around one of the creatures' legs, tipping it over momentarily as it untangles itself, and garnering the attention of a few more creatures. "Someone tell me what these are."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-22-2016

(04-22-2016, 08:42 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 12:56 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Monsters!" Danu shouts when she arrives at the scene and sees the vile beasts invading the village.

A nearby creature lunges toward Danu with a shriek, but is whacked to the side by State's shield.
"I would recommend that you keep your distance if you can. These shadow creatures are weak, but they still pose a threat."

One of the beasts spies The Anomaly and runs back across the town border.

"Physical attacks don't work well on them? I wasn't too sure from the way they look." Danu does indeed keep her distance, although she's hesitant to fight now because if she can't melee them she'd have to use other talents while people are nearby.

(04-22-2016, 09:46 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Physical attacks don't work well on them? I wasn't too sure from the way they look." Danu does indeed keep her distance, although she's hesitant to fight now because if she can't melee them she'd have to use other talents while people are nearby.

"From what we know about this creature, they are only affected by metal, energy, and hard light. Not much else works." State shield-bashes another one away.
"These ones are... Strange, however. They do not usually have purple eyes and crystals growing on their bodies. Most of the Guards are worried."
// "energy" basically means magical attacks and non-physical matter (fire, lightning, plasma, etc.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 04-22-2016

Gregor stopped firing after a short while after it became clear that a gun wouldn't  do the trick.

He looked  among the other Guards and noticed the High Guard, State, along with a figure he and Wurg met once but whose name had escaped him. He dashed toward them, but was intercepted by one of the creatures.

It kept upon the Jakkai, who grunted and attempted to keep its teeth away. "I won't let you get the best of me this time...!"

((so i just realized i need to sya a bit more about the scouting trip that went wrong so there's no confusion as to what was encountered/what the beastie itself was.

Essentially, there was no/little life encountered on the trip. There may have been one or two rodents or such seen skittering away, but for the most part there was nothing. I feel like I said this before, but it might have just been between me and Com. of course seeing/having small run-ins with these smaller beasts can be retconned in with little-to-no issue so nothing needs to be changed here. Makes it a bit more valid for there to be people capable of combat on the team, after all.

The big beastie itself that utterly destroyed the team looks like this. Deformed, bulbous, and all around not something you ever want to see. And it was huge.

but yeah that's all the info i wanted to share that i don't think i shared here, just to prevent any possible confusion in the future. yep.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-23-2016

(04-22-2016, 11:17 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((so i just realized i need to sya a bit more about the scouting trip that went wrong so there's no confusion as to what was encountered/what the beastie itself was.

Essentially, there was no/little life encountered on the trip. There may have been one or two rodents or such seen skittering away, but for the most part there was nothing. I feel like I said this before, but it might have just been between me and Com. of course seeing/having small run-ins with these smaller beasts can be retconned in with little-to-no issue so nothing needs to be changed here. Makes it a bit more valid for there to be people capable of combat on the team, after all.

The big beastie itself that utterly destroyed the team looks like this. Deformed, bulbous, and all around not something you ever want to see. And it was huge.

but yeah that's all the info i wanted to share that i don't think i shared here, just to prevent any possible confusion in the future. yep.))

// well, I kind of figured there'd be more than just... Whatever /that/ is on the planet's surface.
// I'm glad you're willing to retcon them in, but I could also claim that they've popped up sometime after the scoutings and retcon the part about just Gregor and Wurg recognizing them.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 12:04 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 11:17 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((so i just realized i need to sya a bit more about the scouting trip that went wrong so there's no confusion as to what was encountered/what the beastie itself was.

// well, I kind of figured there'd be more than just... Whatever /that/ is on the planet's surface.
// I'm glad you're willing to retcon them in, but I could also claim that they've popped up sometime after the scoutings and retcon the part about just Gregor and Wurg recognizing them.

/!\
I heard retcon.

(04-23-2016, 12:11 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 12:04 AM)Umbra Wrote: // well, I kind of figured there'd be more than just... Whatever /that/ is on the planet's surface.

/!\
I heard retcon.

// Calm down, please. It's hypothetical.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 12:16 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 12:11 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: /!\
I heard retcon.

// Calm down, please. It's hypothetical.

*slowly shuffles away*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 12:04 AM)Umbra Wrote:

((nah it makes sense and i'm fine with popping them in. doesn't change much, and still gives reason for wurg to run, since she's reminded of the failed expedition.))

(04-23-2016, 12:31 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 12:04 AM)Umbra Wrote: // well, I kind of figured there'd be more than just... Whatever /that/ is on the planet's surface.

((nah it makes sense and i'm fine with popping them in. doesn't change much, and still gives reason for wurg to run, since she's reminded of the failed expedition.))

// arrite.
// ANYWAY.

(04-22-2016, 09:44 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: The girl kicks the pyramidal barrier repeatedly, making it flicker each time.
"Will you stop that?" Ezekiel groans, drawing another symbol and causing chains to fly out of mid-air and wrap around one of the creatures' legs, tipping it over momentarily as it untangles itself, and garnering the attention of a few more creatures. "Someone tell me what these are."

For some reason, a Guard in full power armor goes flying in their direction...
And lands right in front of the barrier. That was close.
The 'wolves' seem to have stopped attacking, and are instead watching the Guards- sans Gregor, State and Umbra/The Anomaly- converge in one area.
Onlookers could swear they saw a jet-black object outlined in white being swung overhead in the middle of the group.

State sees what's happening and starts moving over to help. The Anomaly starts moving in the same direction, but flies facefirst into State's shield instead.
"Ow! What was that for?"
"You need to stay back. Judging from the look of that object and the possibility that this thing caused all the creatures to stop attacking, I think it would be best if you waited for a second."
46 sighs. "Fine. But you and the others better not get too hurt."
With that, State joins the group.