Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 01:03 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 12:31 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((nah it makes sense and i'm fine with popping them in. doesn't change much, and still gives reason for wurg to run, since she's reminded of the failed expedition.))

// arrite.
// ANYWAY.

(04-22-2016, 09:44 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: The girl kicks the pyramidal barrier repeatedly, making it flicker each time.
"Will you stop that?" Ezekiel groans, drawing another symbol and causing chains to fly out of mid-air and wrap around one of the creatures' legs, tipping it over momentarily as it untangles itself, and garnering the attention of a few more creatures. "Someone tell me what these are."

For some reason, a Guard in full power armor goes flying in their direction...
And lands right in front of the barrier. That was close.
The 'wolves' seem to have stopped attacking, and are instead watching the Guards- sans Gregor, State and Umbra/The Anomaly- converge in one area.
Onlookers could swear they saw a jet-black object outlined in white being swung overhead in the middle of the group.

State sees what's happening and starts moving over to help. The Anomaly starts moving in the same direction, but flies facefirst into State's shield instead.
"Ow! What was that for?"
"You need to stay back. Judging from the look of that object and the possibility that this thing caused all the creatures to stop attacking, I think it would be best if you waited for a second."
46 sighs. "Fine. But you and the others better not get too hurt."
With that, State joins the group.

"..." Ezekiel gets closer to the barrier and watches the situation carefully.
His compatriot seems to have given up on getting out of the barrier and has since sat down cross-legged near the edge.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 04-23-2016

Gregor managed to kick the beast off himself with a brief deactivation of his leg's movement limiters, sending it flying back into the rest of the pack.

He quickly got back up and cautiously observed the scene. Just where did they come from? Were more coming?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 01:13 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "..." Ezekiel gets closer to the barrier and watches the situation carefully.
His compatriot seems to have given up on getting out of the barrier and has since sat down cross-legged near the edge.

(04-23-2016, 01:23 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor managed to kick the beast off himself with a brief deactivation of his leg's movement limiters, sending it flying back into the rest of the pack.

He quickly got back up and cautiously observed the scene. Just where did they come from? Were more coming?

The beasts still aren't attacking for some reason. They're just... standing there, watching anything that moves, but not even budging from their places.
The group of guards are forced back by whatever they were surrounding- even State, who seemed almost immovable, is knocked off his feet.
Now that the mob of Guards has been dispersed, the thing they were blockading is revealed to be...
...Wait... Is...

A ghostly, black, humanoid figure outlined in white (the outline impossibly remains around the figure, no matter what angle it is seen from) stands in the middle of the now-toppled guards. Its body- if it could even be called that- is featureless, save for a hole where its face would have been. The very energy it seems to be composed of dissipates off the top of its head, giving the illusion of some sort of hair; the rising particles are still outlined in white. A large purple crystal juts out of its left shoulder and appears to have spread a little around that area.
It holds an impractically large sword with the same color scheme as its body- jet black with an impossible white outline. One edge is flattened and edgeless while the other is jagged like a saw.
...Is that... Another Anomaly?

The mysterious Anomaly looks toward 46.
"̵̡H̵̡̛m̀̕.́͞ ͞҉F̷͠͞i̛n̸͜͠a͏͢l̷l͝y͟҉͞ ̀f̡̀ơuǹd͘ ̧͢y̧o̷̧u͜,͠͝ ̨̡͠A҉̡p͜a̴͘t̨̛͡hy.̷"͏̵
"Apathy? Who-"
The black ghost lunges forward blade-first, heading directly for 46. Before he can react, the black sword impales his midsection completely without any sign of damage. Time itself seems to stop for a moment between the two apparitions as 46's body seems to visually 'glitch-' it appears warped, as if it were being broadcasted onto a screen with much less than adequate reception.
Four colored clouds of some misty material appear to converge near the white Anomaly- yellow, red, blue, and a lighter blue- and dissapear almost as suddenly.
46 turns back into Umbra, rings black and eyes closed, as he slowly falls to the ground. The black Anomaly's sword disappears, and it starts moving out of the town again, the creatures that aren't trapped or dead following behind it. After the shadowy group is not even a meter out of the town limits, they vanish into thin air.

The guards finally get up, holding their armored hands to their helmeted heads. State gets up in an awkwardly mechanical fashion, his normal eye replaced by a loading wheel of the same color.
Umbra remains unconscious.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-23-2016

(04-22-2016, 10:01 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 09:46 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Physical attacks don't work well on them? I wasn't too sure from the way they look." Danu does indeed keep her distance, although she's hesitant to fight now because if she can't melee them she'd have to use other talents while people are nearby.

"From what we know about this creature, they are only affected by metal, energy, and hard light. Not much else works." State shield-bashes another one away.
"These ones are... Strange, however. They do not usually have purple eyes and crystals growing on their bodies. Most of the Guards are worried."
// "energy" basically means magical attacks and non-physical matter (fire, lightning, plasma, etc.)

//I figured as much, but Danu isn't going to want to use her magic where people can see her. She's not too sure how people would handle that.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-23-2016

753 claps his hands together.
"DELIGHTFUL! Those, whatever they were, have survived the displacement as well, and seem to still be tied to that colorful creature. Perhaps he will be of much more use to me than I thought"
753 allows himself a quick laugh, a good indicator of the effects of eons of mental deterioration, and lets it carry a bit, the faint echo being the only indication he has allowed anyone to notice about his interest in what just happened.
(I swear I didn't decide at this very moment to retroactively consider him as watching the entire time....I was on the fence this entire time over whether to say he was or decide he was off somewhere else though)

(04-23-2016, 03:01 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 claps his hands together.
"DELIGHTFUL! Those, whatever they were, have survived the displacement as well, and seem to still be tied to that colorful creature. Perhaps he will be of much more use to me than I thought"
753 allows himself a quick laugh, a good indicator of the effects of eons of mental deterioration, and lets it carry a bit, the faint echo being the only indication he has allowed anyone to notice about his interest in what just happened.
(I swear I didn't decide at this very moment to retroactively consider him as watching the entire time....I was on the fence this entire time over whether to say he was or decide he was off somewhere else though)

// I had a feeling 753 would be interested in this, anyway.

"Umbra?" Ezekiel runs up to Umbra as soon as the creatures are gone and grabs his arm, checking his pulse. The barrier drops beind him and his companion runs after him.
"...I have no idea if this is normal or not." He gets up. "...Maybe normal is the wrong word."
"Hey!"
he motions vaguely in the general direction of most of the guards, "You're probably better at this than me. Is he okay?"
"D'you know him?"
"...Sort of."

((Are the captured creatures also gone?))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 04-23-2016

Gregor watched the ensuing scene without saying anything. The ominous, white-and-black figure and the other similar being, which happened to be Umbra... it was almost too much for the Jakkai to absorb.

For the moment, he just began checking on the Guards that were knocked down, while occasionally glancing in the direction the figure and its 'pets' had vanished to.

After that was done, he pulled his phone out and called Wurg. "Copper, it's me, Iron. I think everything's okay now... But I have no idea what just happened."

(04-23-2016, 03:53 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Umbra?" Ezekiel runs up to Umbra as soon as the creatures are gone and grabs his arm, checking his pulse. The barrier drops beind him and his companion runs after him.
"...I have no idea if this is normal or not." He gets up. "...Maybe normal is the wrong word."
"Hey!"
he motions vaguely in the general direction of most of the guards, "You're probably better at this than me. Is he okay?"
"D'you know him?"
"...Sort of."

Umbra has a pulse. Thank god. Other than that, though, he's unresponsive.
State finally finishes loading and runs over, slinging Umbra over his shoulder.
"Do not worry. This always happens when 46 'dies.' He simply gets stuck in his other body for a while. This is the first time he did not simply vanish, though..."

The beast that's still wakes up and starts whining, drawing State's attention.
"Men, get that creature up to Eden. The scientists might want to have a look at it."
One "yes, sir" later, four guards have hoisted the cage up and are walking towards the port. The trapped creature seems confused, at the least.

(04-23-2016, 04:31 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 03:53 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Umbra?" Ezekiel runs up to Umbra as soon as the creatures are gone and grabs his arm, checking his pulse. The barrier drops beind him and his companion runs after him.
"Hey!"
"D'you know him?"
"...Sort of."

Umbra has a pulse. Thank god. Other than that, though, he's unresponsive.
State finally finishes loading and runs over, slinging Umbra over his shoulder.
"Do not worry. This always happens when 46 'dies.' He simply gets stuck in his other body for a while. This is the first time he did not simply vanish, though..."

The beast that's still wakes up and starts whining, drawing State's attention.
"Men, get that creature up to Eden. The scientists might want to have a look at it."
One "yes, sir" later, four guards have hoisted the cage up and are walking towards the port. The trapped creature seems confused, at the least.

"That is good to hear..."
"Um... If it is okay I am going to come with you to retrieve my cage once the creature is contained."

"Oh, I'll come too!"
"Well..."
"I want to know what they are too, Zeke."
"Ah... Fine." he turns to State. "Do you mind if the two of us follow?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-23-2016

(debating stealing the cage, but that would be not kosher)

(04-23-2016, 05:00 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "That is good to hear..."
"Um... If it is okay I am going to come with you to retrieve my cage once the creature is contained."

"Oh, I'll come too!"
"Well..."

"You two saw everything, yes? We will need you to come with us so we know what happened while we were knocked out."
"...And yes, you may come to retrieve your cage as well."

(04-23-2016, 03:41 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 05:00 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "That is good to hear..."

"Oh, I'll come too!"
"Well..."

"You two saw everything, yes? We will need you to come with us so we know what happened while we were knocked out."
"...And yes, you may come to retrieve your cage as well."

"Okay."
"Alright."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-24-2016

(04-23-2016, 09:18 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Okay."
"Alright."

State starts walking toward the Guard station.
The streets are still empty, despite the fact that the sirens have stopped sounding.
The rest of the Guards are following behind them, chatting amongst each other about what just happened and what it could mean.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 04-24-2016

(04-23-2016, 04:29 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor watched the ensuing scene without saying anything. The ominous, white-and-black figure and the other similar being, which happened to be Umbra... it was almost too much for the Jakkai to absorb.

For the moment, he just began checking on the Guards that were knocked down, while occasionally glancing in the direction the figure and its 'pets' had vanished to.

After that was done, he pulled his phone out and called Wurg. "Copper, it's me, Iron. I think everything's okay now... But I have no idea what just happened."

"...You're alright? Was anyone hurt? Did...did anything else show up?" Wurg asked from the other end of the phone.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-24-2016

(should I continue to ignore wurg for recruitment purposes or does Ehks plan to stay?)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 01:53 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...You're alright? Was anyone hurt? Did...did anything else show up?" Wurg asked from the other end of the phone.

"I think something else did show up... didn't get a good look at it, but it was pretty freaky. We're all okay, though... I think."

Gregor followed the rest of the Guards, but stayed on the phone with Wurg.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 02:33 AM)Comito Wrote:
(04-24-2016, 01:53 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...You're alright? Was anyone hurt? Did...did anything else show up?" Wurg asked from the other end of the phone.

"I think something else did show up... didn't get a good look at it, but it was pretty freaky. We're all okay, though... I think."

"...Was...was it what attacked us? I assume it wasn't, since everyone is fine, but..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 02:46 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(04-24-2016, 02:33 AM)Comito Wrote: "I think something else did show up... didn't get a good look at it, but it was pretty freaky. We're all okay, though... I think."

"...Was...was it what attacked us? I assume it wasn't, since everyone is fine, but..."

"Oh no, it wasn't... that. But it was someone... or something. I only caught a glimpse of it but it was freaky. Like a man, except... not..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-24-2016

753 may or may not have noticed by now that the Guards have just completely ignored him for some reason.