Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-24-2016

753 isn't terribly interested as he has made an effort to avoid their direct attention and efforts, since he has his own machinations to attend to.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-24-2016

//So what's the status on that fight. Can I get Danu separated from the group a little and attacked, only for the others to find her just after she beats one?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-24-2016

(status is it's over m8)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 05:55 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //So what's the status on that fight. Can I get Danu separated from the group a little and attacked, only for the others to find her just after she beats one?

(04-24-2016, 05:55 PM)Surge Wrote: (status is it's over m8)

// Yep.

(04-23-2016, 02:29 AM)Umbra Wrote: The beasts still aren't attacking for some reason. They're just... standing there, watching anything that moves, but not even budging from their places.
The group of guards are forced back by whatever they were surrounding- even State, who seemed almost immovable, is knocked off his feet.
Now that the mob of Guards has been dispersed, the thing they were blockading is revealed to be...
...Wait... Is...

A ghostly, black, humanoid figure outlined in white (the outline impossibly remains around the figure, no matter what angle it is seen from) stands in the middle of the now-toppled guards. Its body- if it could even be called that- is featureless, save for a hole where its face would have been. The very energy it seems to be composed of dissipates off the top of its head, giving the illusion of some sort of hair; the rising particles are still outlined in white. A large purple crystal juts out of its left shoulder and appears to have spread a little around that area.
It holds an impractically large sword with the same color scheme as its body- jet black with an impossible white outline. One edge is flattened and edgeless while the other is jagged like a saw.
...Is that... Another Anomaly?

The mysterious Anomaly looks toward 46.
"̵̡H̵̡̛m̀̕.́͞ ͞҉F̷͠͞i̛n̸͜͠a͏͢l̷l͝y͟҉͞ ̀f̡̀ơuǹd͘ ̧͢y̧o̷̧u͜,͠͝ ̨̡͠A҉̡p͜a̴͘t̨̛͡hy.̷"͏̵
"Apathy? Who-"
The black ghost lunges forward blade-first, heading directly for 46. Before he can react, the black sword impales his midsection completely without any sign of damage. Time itself seems to stop for a moment between the two apparitions as 46's body seems to visually 'glitch-' it appears warped, as if it were being broadcasted onto a screen with much less than adequate reception.
Four colored clouds of some misty material appear to converge near the white Anomaly- yellow, red, blue, and a lighter blue- and dissapear almost as suddenly.
46 turns back into Umbra, rings black and eyes closed, as he slowly falls to the ground. The black Anomaly's sword disappears, and it starts moving out of the town again, the creatures that aren't trapped or dead following behind it. After the shadowy group is not even a meter out of the town limits, they vanish into thin air.

The guards finally get up, holding their armored hands to their helmeted heads. State gets up in an awkwardly mechanical fashion, his normal eye replaced by a loading wheel of the same color.
Umbra remains unconscious.

// State, The Guards, Ezekiel and Brown-text are currently heading to the port.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 04-24-2016

//That's fine. What's next?

Danu had ended up only being a distraction in that fight, and once the enemies were taken care of makes her way back to the work she was doing since she was late coming back from lunch break.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-24-2016

"Sooo..." Ezekiel's friend turns to State, "what's it take to join the guard?"
"You cannot be serious."
"What? I'm just curious. Doesn't mean I'm gonna drop everything and join the police."
"That sounds exactly like something you'd do..."
"I can also hear, for your knowledge."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-25-2016

(04-24-2016, 11:49 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Sooo..." Ezekiel's friend turns to State, "what's it take to join the guard?"
"You cannot be serious."
"What? I'm just curious. Doesn't mean I'm gonna drop everything and join the police."

"You apply, then take a few physical and mental exams to determine where you place, if at all. Of course, it is possible to climb ranks. A good number of high-ranked Guards were regular trainees at some point."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 01:00 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-24-2016, 11:49 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Sooo..." Ezekiel's friend turns to State, "what's it take to join the guard?"
"You cannot be serious."

"You apply, then take a few physical and mental exams to determine where you place, if at all. Of course, it is possible to climb ranks. A good number of high-ranked Guards were regular trainees at some point."

"Eh... What kind of physical exams?"
"You're definitely thinking of joining."
"Hush!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 04-25-2016

(So who was that guy with the garbled red text near the beginning of the RP? Is it still around?)

(04-25-2016, 01:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Eh... What kind of physical exams?"
"Hush!"

"Just a quick genetic test, some fitness tests... That sort of thing. Mental tests are what you probably think they are."
State doesn't appear to have any clue of what's going on between Ezekiel and Brown-text. It doesn't help that his facial expression has stayed neutral the entire time.

(04-25-2016, 02:01 AM)Comito Wrote: (So who was that guy with the garbled red text near the beginning of the RP? Is it still around?)
((That was ɝɣɗ, or Zidan as I planned for him to eventually be known. One of the Aulzhn race I was working on for the SRS BSNSS RP in it's second (...third?) iteration (the one before we switched to being all on a spaceship)

And no, he's retconned away. I decided to drop both him and his species some time ago because I didn't want to bother writing lore for them anymore after they were scrapped in the SRS BSNSS RP because it was rebooted (...again?)))

(04-25-2016, 02:58 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 01:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Eh... What kind of physical exams?"
"Hush!"

"Just a quick genetic test, some fitness tests... That sort of thing. Mental tests are what you probably think they are."
State doesn't appear to have any clue of what's going on between Ezekiel and Brown-text. It doesn't help that his facial expression has stayed neutral the entire time.

"Hm..."
"Is something the matter?"
"Well, if I was to try to join-"
"Oh?"
"-hypothetically. the genetic test might be... ah, nevermind."
"No, seriously, what?" Ezekiel stops in his tracks.
The girl crosses her arms. "Well... Hm... You know Dad isn't exactly from around here. He's very protective about his background, and he doesn't want people to find out his genetic make-up, so I really shouldn't..."
"...You choose now to listen to him?"
"It's just really important to m-him."
Ezekiel furrows his brow slightly, and the two keep walking. "...Mmhmm..."

(04-25-2016, 04:31 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Hm..."
"Oh?"
The girl crosses her arms. "Well... Hm... You know Dad isn't exactly from around here. He's very protective about his background, and he doesn't want people to find out his genetic make-up, so I really shouldn't..."

"Hm. In that case, if you truly wish to join the Guard, there is another way in. The Sergeant himself recruits those he thinks deserve a rank in the High Guards, but only a few people are ever sent an invitation. That is what happened to 46, here." State repositions Umbra atop his armored shoulder into one more comfortable for both State as a carrier and the black-furred thing as something that wouldn't want its spine broken.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 04-25-2016

"I need to go, Copper. I'll see you later, I promise."

Gregor hung up and followed the Guards still, curiosity welling up in him until he finally asked to no one in particular, "So who was that... thing? Is it still out there somewhere?"

(04-25-2016, 04:09 PM)Comito Wrote: "I need to go, Copper. I'll see you later, I promise."

Gregor hung up and followed the Guards still, curiosity welling up in him until he finally asked to no one in particular, "So who was that... thing? Is it still out there somewhere?"

"Hey, your guess is as good as mine. Looked a lot like Umbra, though. Here's hoping we're not in trouble."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 04:09 PM)Comito Wrote: "I need to go, Copper. I'll see you later, I promise."

"Alright. Take care, Iron. Don't get hurt." The line went quiet, and Wurg sank against the wall. Her heartbeat had finally slowed down after the sheer panic she had felt. Why was she so scared? Those monsters were rarely much trouble on the rare occasion they popped up. Why was she so scared then?

She closed her eyes. She slowed her breathing. There was no need to panic. Everything was fine.

[I assume you've finally calmed down now.]

Wurg's eyes snapped open. For a moment she didn't realize where the voice had come from, before remembering...

[Oh, you're...actually talking again. Hi, Ehks.] She thought. Her AI companion that shouldn't exist had been quiet for the past few weeks.

[Yes, hello. Just...making sure everything is okay now. Your heartbeat skyrocketed, and one of my main functions is to monitor your health...]

[I'm fine, don't worry about it. Just...a bit of a scare. Speaking of which, where the hell have you been?] Her mental tone became more accusatory.

[Thinking. Going over those odd memories we share. Trying to come up with some logical reasoning as to how I...you know, even exist. Think. Function. I'm not supposed to be intelligent, or have a personality, or have any sort of memories. Hell, I shouldn't even be able to generate my own phrases, but here I am. Talking. Thinking. Remembering. It's...bizarre.]

Wurg audibly sighed. [I'm sure it is. Maybe one day we can figure this out...maybe...]

[Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe never. Maybe Umbra knows a bit more now...you should talk to him when you can.]

[Yeah yeah, I will.]

The group transporting the beast and Umbra's unconscious body finally arrives at the station. An open hardlight cage waits in front of the building, which the beast is transferred into. The four Guards who were carrying the metal cage continue their journey up to the Eden.
The rest of the Guards head inside to de-suit and get medical attention if needed.
Umbra is now lying down in the infirmary. State is watching over him and preparing to get accounts of what happened from Ezekiel and his goggled friend.

(04-25-2016, 03:11 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 04:31 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Hm..."
"Oh?"

"Hm. In that case, if you truly wish to join the Guard, there is another way in. The Sergeant himself recruits those he thinks deserve a rank in the High Guards, but only a few people are ever sent an invitation. That is what happened to 46, here." State repositions Umbra atop his armored shoulder into one more comfortable for both State as a carrier and the black-furred thing as something that wouldn't want its spine broken.

"Well, I don't think I'm special enough to get into that..."
"Disappointed?"
"What? No. I mean... Well, okay, yes, I was interested in joining. Fine, you win."
"Knew it. Well, I don't have any advice worth sharing, but if you want to try joining, you might as well try."
"..."

(04-25-2016, 09:57 PM)Umbra Wrote: The group transporting the beast and Umbra's unconscious body finally arrives at the station. An open hardlight cage waits in front of the building, which the beast is transferred into. The four Guards who were carrying the metal cage continue their journey up to the Eden.
The rest of the Guards head inside to de-suit and get medical attention if needed.
Umbra is now lying down in the infirmary. State is watching over him and preparing to get accounts of what happened from Ezekiel and his goggled friend.

Ezekiel makes another pattern of hand motions and the old metal cage pops back to wherever it came from in the first place.
"There." The two head to State, and sit down beside Umbra's bed in the infirmary.
"I suppose that is what he meant by Anomaly..."

(04-25-2016, 10:11 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Ezekiel makes another pattern of hand motions and the old metal cage pops back to wherever it came from in the first place.
"There." The two head to State, and sit down beside Umbra's bed in the infirmary.

"Yes, that is one of a few names people have for him... If you do not mind, I would like to ask about what happened while we were knocked out. I must let you know that I am obligated to record the discussion for... Well. Record purposes."

(04-25-2016, 10:18 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 10:11 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Ezekiel makes another pattern of hand motions and the old metal cage pops back to wherever it came from in the first place.

"Yes, that is one of a few names people have for him... If you do not mind, I would like to ask about what happened while we were knocked out. I must let you know that I am obligated to record the discussion for... Well. Record purposes."

"That is fine."
"The beasts stopped attacking for a time, of course... But then... Well, it looked like another Anomaly. Like how Umbra looks when he does that, but black. Had a blade of some kind."

"It called him Apathy."
"Apathy? I didn't hear that."
"It was kinda hard to hear. Then it stabbed him- Umbra that is."
"There was a colorful fog or something around him for a moment, and then they just sort of left."

"That's basically it."

(04-25-2016, 10:32 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "That is fine."
"The beasts stopped attacking for a time, of course... But then... Well, it looked like another Anomaly. Like how Umbra looks when he does that, but black. Had a blade of some kind."

"It called him Apathy."
"Apathy? I didn't hear that."
"It was kinda hard to hear. Then it stabbed him- Umbra that is."
"There was a colorful fog or something around him for a moment, and then they just sort of left."

"That's basically it."

"Interesting. Hopefully something turns up that will help determine what, exactly, this all means..."