Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 11:06 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 11:02 PM)achroma Wrote: "Are there any Guard positions open?"
*Achroma shoots a inquisitive look at the secretary* 

"There are usually positions open there. If you would like to apply, then there is some paperwork you must fill out."

"I'm fine with paperwork, I just need to barrow a pen."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 10:10 PM)achroma Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 09:01 PM)Umbra Wrote: // we shut it down and restarted into this. Things got too chaotic and not fun.
// last I checked, nobody really misses the old one. I certainly don't.
//I can't, never expirenced it.
(04-26-2016, 09:04 PM)Surge Wrote: (I mean I didn't leave all of the OP stuff in the old RP, 753 is still around and functionally immortal but he's just a mentally unstable plot device)
//how did you come up with the idea of a trans-dimensional (please correct me if I'm wrong) robot? 
(I honestly don't know, for some reason I no longer understand I at one point thought a crude interdimensional portal to be a logical technological advancement, however it backfired spectacularly and Surge abandoned it, however 753, initially an AI "clone" of Surge's mind, still saw potential in the idea and pursued it to success. However rather than return he let himself get lost in the endless expanse of the multiverse, his device also allowed him to travel along timelines, leaving him a functionally infinite stretch of time to explore and learn with few restrictions, the 753 we see today is older than most universes and has suffered from a steady degradation and replacement of his original code that has compromised his personality. I do enjoy fleshing him out though as he has no restrictions on what he can or cannot do, where he can or cannot go, it is a blank slate I can carve into as I please)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 04-27-2016

(04-26-2016, 11:42 PM)Surge Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 10:10 PM)achroma Wrote: //I can't, never expirenced it.//how did you come up with the idea of a trans-dimensional (please correct me if I'm wrong) robot? 
(I honestly don't know, for some reason I no longer understand I at one point thought a crude interdimensional portal to be a logical technological advancement, however it backfired spectacularly and Surge abandoned it, however 753, initially an AI "clone" of Surge's mind, still saw potential in the idea and pursued it to success. However rather than return he let himself get lost in the endless expanse of the multiverse, his device also allowed him to travel along timelines, leaving him a functionally infinite stretch of time to explore and learn with few restrictions, the 753 we see today is older than most universes and has suffered from a steady degradation and replacement of his original code that has compromised his personality. I do enjoy fleshing him out though as he has no restrictions on what he can or cannot do, where he can or cannot go, it is a blank slate I can carve into as I please)

//that character reminds of Rick, from Rick and morty. And doesn't that mean there is and infinite amount of 753 that can appear then?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-27-2016

(04-27-2016, 12:11 AM)achroma Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 11:42 PM)Surge Wrote: (I honestly don't know, for some reason I no longer understand I at one point thought a crude interdimensional portal to be a logical technological advancement, however it backfired spectacularly and Surge abandoned it, however 753, initially an AI "clone" of Surge's mind, still saw potential in the idea and pursued it to success. However rather than return he let himself get lost in the endless expanse of the multiverse, his device also allowed him to travel along timelines, leaving him a functionally infinite stretch of time to explore and learn with few restrictions, the 753 we see today is older than most universes and has suffered from a steady degradation and replacement of his original code that has compromised his personality. I do enjoy fleshing him out though as he has no restrictions on what he can or cannot do, where he can or cannot go, it is a blank slate I can carve into as I please)

//that character reminds of Rick, from Rick and morty. And doesn't that mean there is and infinite amount of 753 that can appear then?
(no, 753 has developed and equipped a number of workarounds to all sorts of multiversal variables that can cause problems like his wiring suddenly being an insulator instead of a conductor, but temporal laws are constants he cannot violate. If he visits one world from 7:50 to 7:59 local time he can no longer visit that reality during that period, to attempt anyways simply causes the portal to rip itself apart. Also we've compared him to Sheogarath as well, but I certainly came up with him before I had seen R&M))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-27-2016

(04-26-2016, 02:08 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 06:17 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Empathy... Close enough. You are one of the... Hm..."
"Tell me, what is the first thing you remember?"

"Well, I... Died. It was a... Strange feeling. I think the others felt it too... I'd, uh. Rather spare the details until Umbra wakes up, though... He kind of needs to know what happened."
"...Wait, you just said I'm "one of the..." One of the what? Because if you know..."
"No, I am unsure of what exactly you are, I am afraid..."
"...I guess take a seat, assuming you can sit, and wait with us for him to awaken."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-27-2016

(04-27-2016, 01:40 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "No, I am unsure of what exactly you are, I am afraid..."
"...I guess take a seat, assuming you can sit, and wait with us for him to awaken."

Empathy, sure enough, is able to take a seat.
"Oh. That's a shame... I was kind of hoping at least someone survived, uh... The Rebirth, I guess the others and I would call it..."
State is still loading.

(04-26-2016, 11:29 PM)achroma Wrote: "I'm fine with paperwork, I just need to barrow a pen."

The receptionist passes down a pen, paper, and clipboard. The form asks for various bits of personal and contact information.

(04-27-2016, 03:28 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 01:40 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "No, I am unsure of what exactly you are, I am afraid..."

Empathy, sure enough, is able to take a seat.
"Oh. That's a shame... I was kind of hoping at least someone survived, uh... The Rebirth, I guess the others and I would call it..."
State is still loading.

"..."
"The Rebirth... I suppose it is quite an accurate name..."
He looks down at his hand... before suddenly standing up.
"Ah! What's wrong?"
"Enigmas. That's right."
"Wh-"
"You were called Enigmas, if I recall. Empathy, Superego, Apathy... The red one... and... I never paid any attention."
"I was in the previous iteration of the universe. Do not tell anybody though."

"I'm lost..."
"Please do not concern yourself with this, RIOE."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-27-2016

(04-27-2016, 05:00 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 03:28 AM)Umbra Wrote: Empathy, sure enough, is able to take a seat.
State is still loading.

"..."
"Ah! What's wrong?"
"Enigmas. That's right."
"Wh-"
"You were called Enigmas, if I recall. Empathy, Superego, Apathy... The red one... and... I never paid any attention."

"I'm lost..."
(how to quickly get 753's attention 101)

(04-27-2016, 05:03 AM)Surge Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 05:00 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "..."
"Ah! What's wrong?"
"Enigmas. That's right."
"Wh-"

"I'm lost..."
(how to quickly get 753's attention 101)
((and likely other unwanted attention.))

"Ah! What's wrong?"
"Enigmas. That's right."
"Wh-"

"I'm lost..."

"Wait, you... You were? Who were you? And, uh, yes, I won't tell anyone. Don't know if it's right not to tell Umbra this, though... He has memories of what happened, but he doesn't know if it was a dream or not... Which is part of why I came here."
State is still loading, and it doesn't sound like anyone else heard it.

(04-27-2016, 05:19 AM)Umbra Wrote:
"Ah! What's wrong?"
"Enigmas. That's right."
"Wh-"

"I'm lost..."

"Wait, you... You were? Who were you? And, uh, yes, I won't tell anyone. Don't know if it's right not to tell Umbra this, though... He has memories of what happened, but he doesn't know if it was a dream or not... Which is part of why I came here."
State is still loading, and it doesn't sound like anyone else heard it.

"My name is- My name was Ezvrael. I go by Ezekiel now. I can understand why you would not recognize me. My body was destroyed and my soul had degraded to the point of being barely recognizable over the time I spent stuck there. I... Trust Umbra somewhat more than most others. You may tell him this, although I am unsure he would remember me. I do not believe he even knew my name, as my companion made jokes about him simply calling me 'creepy demon guy', which I frankly take offense to."
"...You never told me." RIOE crosses her arms.
"Everyone has secrets. I know there are things you don't tell me."
"..."
"Anyhow... I must make sure this information does not get out, understand? I and Eltereavean were saved by some manner of being just before the universe was reset, and..." he furrows his brow they made it very clear we were not to make avaliable any information that could potentially trace our continued existence to their involvement, including who we are or that we remember the past."

(04-27-2016, 03:28 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 11:29 PM)achroma Wrote: "I'm fine with paperwork, I just need to barrow a pen."

The receptionist passes down a pen, paper, and clipboard. The form asks for various bits of personal and contact information.
*Achroma begins to hastily fill out the paperwork, and then puts the clipboard on the counter*
"Hopefully that's all?"

(04-27-2016, 06:35 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "My name is- My name was Ezvrael. I go by Ezekiel now. I can understand why you would not recognize me. My body was destroyed and my soul had degraded to the point of being barely recognizable over the time I spent stuck there. I... Trust Umbra somewhat more than most others. You may tell him this, although I am unsure he would remember me. I do not believe he even knew my name, as my companion made jokes about him simply calling me 'creepy demon guy', which I frankly take offense to."
"..."
"Anyhow... I must make sure this information does not get out, understand? I and Eltereavean were saved by some manner of being just before the universe was reset, and..." he furrows his brow they made it very clear we were not to make avaliable any information that could potentially trace our continued existence to their involvement, including who we are or that we remember the past."

"Oh, it's good to know you and Elterevean survived. But, uh, yes, I'll make sure no one else knows. Umbra's good at keeping secrets."

(04-27-2016, 10:16 AM)achroma Wrote: *Achroma begins to hastily fill out the paperwork, and then puts the clipboard on the counter*
"Hopefully that's all?"

"No, that is all. We will contact you for a proper interview if we can find any places."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 04-27-2016

Zeurei fidgeted with the small crystal shard softly between his finger tips, looking up to watch as the guards passed on the streets holding the creature he'd essentially harvested them from.  Before he placed this one of many in his satchel with the others, each separated by a small plastic baggie.  They numbered greater in count than 25 small shards in all about 1.5 inches in length each.  The snipped tips of various crystals.    

The guards would have found the beast in their care missing such clippings.  Among all the chaos, it had been almost too easy to slip in while the shadow cloaked white-line-nightmare had smote the other similar shape that had fallen.  Whispering "there you are Apathy"  Whatever that had meant.  It had drawn all eyes that still watched.  Even his, if but for a moment.

As the sirens had began to blare.  He'd moved forward at a casual gait, arriving late at the perfect moment.  Which left him where he now stood in the end.

And yet. Just to spike some life into his "uneventful" time here.  He'd done more than taken the shards alone.  For he'd left someone absent their funds.  He did not intend to use theirs.  Only make them missing temporarily.  Of course they'd likely seen him dart past in his distinct soft-green robe, and the connection would be made soon.  Some lady who'd stood broad of shoulder, with what seemed a soft glow about them, at least, to his eyes.  Change blindness was an interesting thing.
(#StoleDanu'sMoney)

(I may edit this based on what other people tell me.)

(04-27-2016, 05:41 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Zeurei fidgeted with the small crystal shard softly between his finger tips, looking up to watch as the guards passed on the streets holding the creature he'd essentially harvested them from.  Before he placed this one of many in his satchel with the others, each separated by a small plastic baggie.  They numbered greater in count than 25 small shards in all about 1.5 inches in length each.  The snipped tips of various crystals.    

The guards would have found the beast in their care missing such clippings.  Among all the chaos, it had been almost too easy to slip in while the shadow cloaked white-line-nightmare had smote the other similar shape that had fallen.  Whispering "there you are Apathy"  Whatever that had meant.  It had drawn all eyes that still watched.  Even his, if but for a moment.

As the sirens had began to blare.  He'd moved forward at a casual gait, arriving late at the perfect moment.  Which left him where he now stood in the end.

And yet. Just to spike some life into his "uneventful" time here.  He'd done more than taken the shards alone.  For he'd left someone absent their funds.  He did not intend to use theirs.  Only make them missing temporarily.  Of course they'd likely seen him dart past in his distinct soft-green robe, and the connection would be made soon.  Some lady who'd stood broad of shoulder, with what seemed a soft glow about them, at least, to his eyes.  Change blindness was an interesting thing.
(#StoleDanu'sMoney)

(I may edit this based on what other people tell me.)

The crystals have an... Odd property to them. They simultaneously feel hot and cold, and the soft purple light flickers like a candle, as if fire and darkness combined to make the vile shards harvested from the creature. As Zeurei held them, he could have sworn he heard faint whispers...
Two Guards seem to be returning to the scene. They haven't seen Zeurei yet.

(04-27-2016, 02:47 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 10:16 AM)achroma Wrote: *Achroma begins to hastily fill out the paperwork, and then puts the clipboard on the counter*
"Hopefully that's all?"

"No, that is all. We will contact you for a proper interview if we can find any places."
"Fine by me, as long as it at a convent time."
*Achroma exits the station, staring into shop windows as if he where looking for something*

(04-27-2016, 02:47 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 06:35 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "My name is- My name was Ezvrael. I go by Ezekiel now. I can understand why you would not recognize me. My body was destroyed and my soul had degraded to the point of being barely recognizable over the time I spent stuck there. I... Trust Umbra somewhat more than most others. You may tell him this, although I am unsure he would remember me. I do not believe he even knew my name, as my companion made jokes about him simply calling me 'creepy demon guy', which I frankly take offense to."
"..."

"Oh, it's good to know you and Elterevean survived. But, uh, yes, I'll make sure no one else knows. Umbra's good at keeping secrets."

"Will someone please tell me what the hell's going on?!"

(04-27-2016, 08:12 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Will someone please tell me what the hell's going on?!"

"I would if I knew how to explain it as something other than what it is... The best way I can put it is that Umbra used to be in a different dimension, but it collapsed due to a paradox, rewriting his past and flinging him into a new dimension. I'd rather explain in more detail once he wakes up. Hopefully that's soon..."

(04-27-2016, 08:51 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 08:12 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Will someone please tell me what the hell's going on?!"

"I would if I knew how to explain it as something other than what it is... The best way I can put it is that Umbra used to be in a different dimension, but it collapsed due to a paradox, rewriting his past and flinging him into a new dimension. I'd rather explain in more detail once he wakes up. Hopefully that's soon..."

"That's... really weird. Never heard of anything like that befo-"
"RIOE!" Scyn bursts into the room and pulls RIOE into a bear-hug. "I HEARD ABOUT THE ATTACK! ARE YOU OKAY?!"
"Yeah... Just fine... If you don't crush me..."
"OH, SORRY! HERE." He puts her down.
One of the Guard comes in, panting heavily. "...We tried to stop him!"
"WHY WOULD I NEED TO BE STOPPED FROM SEEING MY DAUGHTER?" He finally notices Umbra, Empathy, Ezekiel, and State.
"OH. AM I INTRUDING ON SOMETHING?"

(04-27-2016, 09:23 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "That's... really weird. Never heard of anything like that befo-"
"RIOE!" Scyn bursts into the room and pulls RIOE into a bear-hug. "I HEARD ABOUT THE ATTACK! ARE YOU OKAY?!"
"Yeah... Just fine... If you don't crush me..."
"OH, SORRY! HERE." He puts her down.
One of the Guard comes in, panting heavily. "...We tried to stop him!"
"WHY WOULD I NEED TO BE STOPPED FROM SEEING MY DAUGHTER?" He finally notices Umbra, Empathy, Ezekiel, and State.
"OH. AM I INTRUDING ON SOMETHING?"

"Ehm... Yes, you... Kind of are."
"n-Nnnh..."
Empathy's attention snaps to Umbra. "Oh, good. I was afraid he'd stay asleep for a while..."