Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 08:27 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 08:18 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Please go here and ask your questions. This is for everything else.

Read the first post on page one of this thread for general setting then ask questions in the open thread above.  It will keep things from getting cluttered here.
// comment was on this thread.

//also, is there a bar in the setting?

// I'd imagine there'd be at least one in every town and several on the Eden, considering its size.
// as for questions, read the rules and stuff on the first post. I'll probably try to answer any questions you have left after that.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 04-28-2016

*somewhere in a dark alleyway behind one of the more popular planetside bars, the sounds of metal clanging around can be heard along with the sights and sounds of a compact welding torch can be seen dimly illuminating a figure in a tan leather cloak, almost all the body obscured*

//did I do okay?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-28-2016

(yeah looks fine to me)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 04-28-2016

//usually this slow? Does it pick up on weekends.color text? That's cool.//

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-28-2016

(it actually seems to slow down further on weekends)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 11:28 PM)Surge Wrote: (it actually seems to slow down further on weekends)

((O, it would probally help if there weren't so many guests.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 04-29-2016

((Who's waiting for what?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 08:28 PM)achroma Wrote: ((Who's waiting for what?

((I ᴀᴡᴀɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Eɴᴅ Tɪᴍᴇs sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ ʀɪsᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴍʏ ᴘʀɪsᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Eᴀʀᴛʜ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ.))
((Alternatively I'm waiting for Umbra to wake up in-universe. Probably should have mentioned that before. Oops.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 04-29-2016

After Gregor had filed his part of the incident report, he went outside the Guard station and sighed softly.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-30-2016

(04-29-2016, 10:58 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((I ᴀᴡᴀɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Eɴᴅ Tɪᴍᴇs sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ ʀɪsᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴍʏ ᴘʀɪsᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Eᴀʀᴛʜ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ.))
((Alternatively I'm waiting for Umbra to wake up in-universe. Probably should have mentioned that before. Oops.))

// Funny, I was waiting for you... Oh, well.

Umbra slowly sits up, rubbing his forehead. "Ugh... What just..."
He stops talking once he sees Empathy, who shyly waves hello.
"...Uh. Hi."
There's a bit of silence between them.
"...Aren't you-"
"Yes. It's complicated."
"...Okay. Can anyone besides the other me from a dream explain what's going on?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 04-30-2016

//waiting on rinoah, also how would someone import costomer text.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 12:23 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 10:58 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((I ᴀᴡᴀɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Eɴᴅ Tɪᴍᴇs sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ ʀɪsᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴍʏ ᴘʀɪsᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Eᴀʀᴛʜ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ.))

// Funny, I was waiting for you... Oh, well.

Umbra slowly sits up, rubbing his forehead. "Ugh... What just..."
He stops talking once he sees Empathy, who shyly waves hello.
"...Uh. Hi."
There's a bit of silence between them.
"...Aren't you-"
"Yes. It's complicated."
"...Okay. Can anyone besides the other me from a dream explain what's going on?"

"It is... Complicated." His head snaps toward Scyn, and he clears his throat. "I would appreciate it if you left, Scynmirkiraelo."
Scyn squints at Ezekiel and also clears his throat. "YES. WELL, I SUPPOSE NOW THAT WHATEVER IS HAPPENING IS HAPPENING, WE SHOULD LET THEM DO WHATEVER IT IS THEY'RE DOING," he says slightly louder than usual, picking RIOE up with ease and slinging her over his shoulder.
"HEY! What're you do-"
"RIOE. I'LL EXPLAIN LATER. EXCEPT I WON'T. JUST COME WITH ME."
"Not like I have a choice..." Scyn and RIOE leave the infirmiry, with the Guard Guy on his tail.
...Ezekiel waits until they're gone.
"The simplest way to explain would probably be... You were attacked by a being similar to yourself. This is Empathy, yet another of those beings... And it is very likely your dreams are actually memories. You see..." He stops for a moment. "...This is not your universe of origin. Well, I suppose it is technically, but rather... A different iteration. The universe was destroyed by means I still do not fully understand, but was then rebuilt with significant changes. It sort of... Rebooted. Rebirthed, as it has also been said. You are remembering what happened in the previous universe, somehow. Myself and... Presumably Empathy here... We are relics from the old world that have, through some means or another, managed to end up here without also being partially or completely reset," he sighs, "and I am sure Empathy would be able to explain the rest far better than I."

(04-30-2016, 12:27 AM)achroma Wrote: //...how would someone import costomer text.

((What do you mean by that?))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-30-2016

(am I gonna have to start retcons or are we gonna chalk ez and 753 having different understandings of what happened to them having different understandings of temporal/multiversal mechanics)

(04-30-2016, 01:18 AM)Surge Wrote: (am I gonna have to start retcons or are we gonna chalk ez and 753 having different understandings of what happened to them having different understandings of temporal/multiversal mechanics)

(well Ez isn't exactly a quantum physicist - his area of expertise is mechanics and electronics. It's unlikely he knows exactly what's going on.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 01:04 AM)Sharrdis Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 12:27 AM)achroma Wrote: //...how would someone import costomer text.

// like this " hλVe δσɴᴇ ᙏΔɴυALly ᴀŁReαDƳ iη †нIs TǀᴍƐ ΔʟвΣIt шιTн mUᙅн TIмε ᴡΛStεÐ"

(04-30-2016, 01:04 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "It is... Complicated." His head snaps toward Scyn, and he clears his throat. "I would appreciate it if you left, Scynmirkiraelo."
Scyn squints at Ezekiel and also clears his throat. "YES. WELL, I SUPPOSE NOW THAT WHATEVER IS HAPPENING IS HAPPENING, WE SHOULD LET THEM DO WHATEVER IT IS THEY'RE DOING," he says slightly louder than usual, picking RIOE up with ease and slinging her over his shoulder.
"HEY! What're you do-"
"Not like I have a choice..." Scyn and RIOE leave the infirmiry, with the Guard Guy on his tail.
"The simplest way to explain would probably be... You were attacked by a being similar to yourself. This is Empathy, yet another of those beings... And it is very likely your dreams are actually memories. You see..." He stops for a moment. "...This is not your universe of origin. Well, I suppose it is technically, but rather... A different iteration. The universe was destroyed by means I still do not fully understand, but was then rebuilt with significant changes. It sort of... Rebooted. Rebirthed, as it has also been said. You are remembering what happened in the previous universe, somehow. Myself and... Presumably Empathy here... We are relics from the old world that have, through some means or another, managed to end up here without also being partially or completely reset," he sighs, "and I am sure Empathy would be able to explain the rest far better than I."

"...Yeah, all I got from that is that my dreams weren't just dreams. Can you two just... Give me a second to wake up a little?"
Empathy nods. Seems he's compliant.

(04-30-2016, 01:18 AM)Surge Wrote: (am I gonna have to start retcons or are we gonna chalk ez and 753 having different understandings of what happened to them having different understandings of temporal/multiversal mechanics)

(04-30-2016, 01:25 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:

(well Ez isn't exactly a quantum physicist - his area of expertise is mechanics and electronics. It's unlikely he knows exactly what's going on.)

// meanwhile, Empathy and the others have a first-hand account of what happened and their subsequent erasure from reality.
// it's very painful to have your body slowly be ripped apart and scattered amongst an infinite plane of nothing. Drove one of them insane.

(04-30-2016, 02:07 AM)achroma Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 01:04 AM)Sharrdis Wrote: ((What do you mean by that?))

// like this " hλVe δσɴᴇ ᙏΔɴυALly ᴀŁReαDƳ iη †нIs TǀᴍƐ ΔʟвΣIt шιTн mUᙅн TIмε ᴡΛStεÐ"
((Copy & Paste.
The long answer would be I made a program which can convert letters into similar symbols thereby making it look like a different font.
I occasionally used the online ones here before. Not all of them work on the forums though.))

(04-30-2016, 02:14 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 01:04 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "It is... Complicated." His head snaps toward Scyn, and he clears his throat. "I would appreciate it if you left, Scynmirkiraelo."
"HEY! What're you do-"

Umbra Wrote:"...Yeah, all I got from that is that my dreams weren't just dreams. Can you two just... Give me a second to wake up a little?"
Empathy nods. Seems he's compliant.

(04-30-2016, 01:25 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: (well Ez isn't exactly a quantum physicist - his area of expertise is mechanics and electronics. It's unlikely he knows exactly what's going on.)

// meanwhile, Empathy and the others have a first-hand account of what happened and their subsequent erasure from reality.
// it's very painful to have your body slowly be ripped apart and scattered amongst an infinite plane of nothing. Drove one of them insane.
"Very well."

((What about the already insane one? Did it drive them sane?))

(04-30-2016, 02:30 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Very well."

((What about the already insane one? Did it drive them sane?))

"Thanks. As you might think, getting stabbed in the gut leaves you pretty winded..."

// unfortunately for everyone else, no.
// the reason this one went insane and the others didn't will be explained.
// ...eventually. Umbra needs a bit to process before Empathy goes into an expositional speech.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-30-2016

(I feel like we're about to contradict a pointless bit of exposition I've been trying to find a use for since I first made 753 into what he is today)

(04-30-2016, 02:47 AM)Surge Wrote: (I feel like we're about to contradict a pointless bit of exposition I've been trying to find a use for since I first made 753 into what he is today)

// well, why didn't you speak up, then?
// the best way I could explain what happened right now minus the in-character exposition is that people got ejected out of their universe due to a paradox, then essentially got reborn, saved/picked up, or destroyed. After that, the survivors popped into their new universes, creating an alternate timeline they exist in.
// if that works for everyone, we can go with it.