Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 02:54 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 02:47 AM)Surge Wrote: (I feel like we're about to contradict a pointless bit of exposition I've been trying to find a use for since I first made 753 into what he is today)

// well, why didn't you speak up, then?
// the best way I could explain what happened right now minus the in-character exposition is that people got ejected out of their universe due to a paradox, then essentially got reborn, saved/picked up, or destroyed. After that, the survivors popped into their new universes, creating an alternate timeline they exist in.
// if that works for everyone, we can go with it.
(that is more or less what I have gone with, I was afraid we were about to stray into multiversal mechanics and such. Basically my story is that SOMETHING caused the previous timeline to breakdown, triggering what's called temporal dispersion, where anyone not anchored to the now defunct timeline is ejected according to the whims of entropy and the singular constant that nothing remains in their life or memories of the previous timeline due to it no longer existing.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 03:00 AM)Surge Wrote: (that is more or less what I have gone with, I was afraid we were about to stray into multiversal mechanics and such. Basically my story is that SOMETHING caused the previous timeline to breakdown, triggering what's called temporal dispersion, where anyone not anchored to the now defunct timeline is ejected according to the whims of entropy and the singular constant that nothing remains in their life or memories of the previous timeline due to it no longer existing.)

// well, the characters that 'survived' still have memories of the previous dimension. Otherwise, half of the development/motives/etc. of said characters would be retconned.
// it'd also immensely screw up what I have planned for Umbra's development.

(04-30-2016, 03:26 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 03:00 AM)Surge Wrote: (that is more or less what I have gone with, I was afraid we were about to stray into multiversal mechanics and such. Basically my story is that SOMETHING caused the previous timeline to breakdown, triggering what's called temporal dispersion, where anyone not anchored to the now defunct timeline is ejected according to the whims of entropy and the singular constant that nothing remains in their life or memories of the previous timeline due to it no longer existing.)

// well, the characters that 'survived' still have memories of the previous dimension. Otherwise, half of the development/motives/etc. of said characters would be retconned.
(yes I'm willing to accept the anomalies, which may as well include shaad's characters, as having a unique relationship with the timeline and multiverse that has allowed them to skirt around the usual rules of such an event.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 03:26 AM)Umbra Wrote:

((I have a potential solution for this inconsistency! The Law of Divine Multi-Origin! (AKA: Plot bullsh*t)

"The Law of Divine Multi-Origin, or as I prefer to call it, the Law of Headache-Induction, in the barest of terms, dictates that it is possible for contradictory information to be legally present when higher divinity is involved. This is why there are accounts of gods which in some depictions are male, other times female, sometimes born mortal, sometimes omnipresent. All of these can potentially be true at the same time due to the way divine presence tends to warp the very fabric of existence, despite the fact that this explanation is the highest order of utter nonsense, and does not actually apply to any laws. But here I am, writing about this, because despite it being trash-worthy pseudoscientific crap, it is also, by virtue of its own existence, both false and, unfortunately, true." -Unknown

There were divine beings involved in the deeper part of the crap I was pulling together before, and since they were sort of around when the universe went kaput, it's quite possible their presence caused screwy reality shennanigans due to this law which I just made up which is based on another law I made up quite some time before now.))

(no seriously though I've been thinking this out for a few weeks now, all the characters who still remember anything are just kinda fundamentally unique, of course I assume that in shaad's case because such characters just seem to be his MO, and the universe itself was quite unique, hence temporal laws going kind of fucky)

(04-30-2016, 03:58 AM)Surge Wrote: (no seriously though I've been thinking this out for a few weeks now, all the characters who still remember anything are just kinda fundamentally unique, of course I assume that in shaad's case because such characters just seem to be his MO, and the universe itself was quite unique, hence temporal laws going kind of fucky)

((That works too.))

// I'm surprised Ezekiel has no comments about the 'stabbed through the gut' thing... Eh, whatever.

Umbra exhales. "All right. Think I'm awake enough now... So, uh... Empathy, right?"
"Yes."
"Would you mind explaining a few things? Maybe start with the whole 'my dreams are real' thing?"
"Sure. I'll need you to bear with me, though..." Empathy turns to Ezekiel. "I'm about to show Umbra what happened... Do you have any interest in what, exactly, went wrong?"
"Wait, show me? How?"
"Psychic transmission. While I was busy not existing- well, properly not existing- I figured out how to drop my elemental magic in favor of some more psychic tricks."
"...Um... Sorry, still a little tired. As usual."
"I gave up water control for more psychic abilities. You know, like The Sergeant's other ability."
"Oh, yeah, that. It gets really annoying when you forget he can do that..."

// /!\ WARNING: 'MONOLOGUE' INCOMING /!\
// also, Surge, now would be a good time for 753 to get interested if he wants a firsthand account of the previous universe's destruction and the displacement of its inhabitants.

(753 has been interested he just doesn't barge into rooms full of people)

(04-30-2016, 04:58 PM)Surge Wrote: (753 has been interested he just doesn't barge into rooms full of people)

// there's four. One is, surprisingly, still loading, and two already know he exists.
// you have a point, though. I won't stop you from not appearing.
// ...partly because I can't. But mostly because I'm not going to force anything on anyone.

(04-30-2016, 05:15 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 04:58 PM)Surge Wrote: (753 has been interested he just doesn't barge into rooms full of people)

// there's four. One is, surprisingly, still loading, and two already know he exists.
// you have a point, though. I won't stop you from not appearing.
// ...partly because I can't. But mostly because I'm not going to force anything on anyone.
(753 is just the kind of robot who prefers to yank strings from the background rather than be a direct part of scenes like this)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 12:27 AM)achroma Wrote: //waiting on rinoah, also how would someone import costomer text.

//How so are you waiting on me?  Your posts contradicted each other.  And neither of them have been changed.  :/

One moment stepping through a portal the next you're on world?  Noe.  But I will respond partially because not doing so would be rude.  I will do mean spirited, but not rude if I can help it.

(04-27-2016, 06:07 PM)Umbra Wrote: The crystals have an... Odd property to them. They simultaneously feel hot and cold, and the soft purple light flickers like a candle, as if fire and darkness combined to make the vile shards harvested from the creature. As Zeurei held them, he could have sworn he heard faint whispers...
Two Guards seem to be returning to the scene. They haven't seen Zeurei yet.

Did you edit this in afterwards?  Because I missed it somehow despite watching for it, apologies.  Went through every post three times and missed the one RIGHT after my post.  >.>  Slightly embarrassed.

Zeurei hid the last shard in with the rest after bagging it.  They were quite interesting.  He'd have to check them further later though, when he was less exposed.  He'd have loved to just check them where he stood, however, he watched the guards pass the alleyway...

The leather satchel snuffed the light entirely once he'd pulled it tightly closed.  Hiding it from regular vision.  And he was about to step out into the street like he'd just gotten there only to hear someone's footsteps behind him.  One step forwards, second foot forwards quickly in a soft kick not meant to meet any solid object he spun on his heel with the force facing the person with a flourish. 

He just kind of stared at the outstretched wallet.  "It's not mine.  I don't own a wallet.  Thanks though."  Though he produced one suddenly, eying it before tossing it to them before they could say anything. 

"Been looking for the owner of this one, mind getting it to them?  Thanks."  And he turned the corner out of the alleyway hoping they didn't follow.  He didn't need this attention right now. 

It wouldn't serve to help him in any way that he could find.  He needed to seem like he'd been alone the entire time.

(I have, several ways I can turn this depending on what happens.  Do as you wish Achroma.)

(04-30-2016, 04:54 PM)Umbra Wrote: // I'm surprised Ezekiel has no comments about the 'stabbed through the gut' thing... Eh, whatever.

Umbra exhales. "All right. Think I'm awake enough now... So, uh... Empathy, right?"
"Yes."
"Would you mind explaining a few things? Maybe start with the whole 'my dreams are real' thing?"
"Sure. I'll need you to bear with me, though..." Empathy turns to Ezekiel. "I'm about to show Umbra what happened... Do you have any interest in what, exactly, went wrong?"
"Wait, show me? How?"
"Psychic transmission. While I was busy not existing- well, properly not existing- I figured out how to drop my elemental magic in favor of some more psychic tricks."
"...Um... Sorry, still a little tired. As usual."
"I gave up water control for more psychic abilities. You know, like The Sergeant's other ability."
"Oh, yeah, that. It gets really annoying when you forget he can do that..."

// /!\ WARNING: 'MONOLOGUE' INCOMING /!\
// also, Surge, now would be a good time for 753 to get interested if he wants a firsthand account of the previous universe's destruction and the displacement of its inhabitants.
((After Umbra was stabbed there didn't appear to be any lasting damage, so Ezekiel didn't make a big deal of it. He's seen plenty of weird in his time.))
"I would certainly prefer to know exactly what is happening."

(04-30-2016, 08:56 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((After Umbra was stabbed there didn't appear to be any lasting damage, so Ezekiel didn't make a big deal of it. He's seen plenty of weird in his time.))

// Makes sense. I guess.

"All right. Here goes... I'm going to add in a little commentary while you're seeing things. Hope you don't mind."
Empathy raises one hand up a little as two orbs of his color scheme appear in the palm. Ezekiel's vision would slowly fade to black as the vision starts.

Umbra steps on the portal device in the old world, which seems just as vibrant as it used to.
Then the vision freezes. Jet-black gashes appear in the living canvas and slowly expand, devouring it.
"It started when Umbra's portal machine went on the fritz. I don't know why it did in the first place, but what happened was it opened a portal to its own world. This... Somehow tore a huge hole in the fabric of space-time. The paradox pretty much deleted the entire world and ejected everyone out."
The vision cuts to an endless, dark void with everyone from the old 'town' floating in it- Enigmas, Elterevean, and Ezvrael included, for some reason. They still glow in the darkness, but they don't seem to produce any light.
Suddenly, multiple things start happening. Some of the figures floating in the void begin to change or disappear. The survivors' bodies change to become what they currently are while the others start to slowly fade or disintegrate.
"After we all got evicted, we... Well, we just floated. I don't know how, but eventually things started changing. Maybe something found us and decided we didn't belong. I don't think we'll ever know. The ones who survived still had memories of their old lives, and according to what Umbra experienced, they became dreams."
Four of the Enigmas- Empathy, Apathy, Order, and Chaos- begin to dissolve, some of the colored particles flying into Umbra's body. The unconscious Umbreon suddenly fizzles as if he were on a static screen, his body suddenly becoming the white Anomaly.
"That's how Umbra got his Anomaly body- he's a culmination of the five of us. His Anomaly form, as most people seem to be calling it, inherited my Spear preference and Apathy's cryomancy. Order's the one who gave him those eye things. And Chaos... Well... Actually, I don't know what he got from Chaos."
Superego remains unchanged, still dissolving.
...But then something starts happening. His body starts reforming and shifting in color from a pinkish-purple to solid black. A crystalline purple shard bursts from his shoulder as a similarly-colored outline surrounds his body.
"And then... That happened. Even though we never technically existed, Superego couldn't truly comprehend death, or total destruction. Once he came face-to-face with it, he went insane from trying to hold on to life. He ended up succeeding and became... That."
The void fades to white as the vision ends.

Ezekiel, Umbra, and Empathy are still in the infirmary when they return to reality.
"So, yeah... That's the best I can explain it..."
"...Okay, then. So that means my dreams were memories?"
"Yes."
"And the other people who had dreams like mine are actually from the old world?"
"Yep."
"And you're actually a part of me?"
"Mm-hm."
"...What."
"I know it's a lot to take in, but we've got bigger problems on our hands. If Superego is in this world, which he is, then we're in trouble."

(I assume that 753 heard nothing in between those lines through his electronic spying? Because that is definitely hand forcing stuff if empathy was saying all that out loud.)

(04-30-2016, 09:54 PM)Surge Wrote: (I assume that 753 heard nothing in between those lines through his electronic spying? Because that is definitely hand forcing stuff if empathy was saying all that out loud.)

// what do you mean by hand forcing?
// and no, but 753 could prooooobably interview one of them afterwards. Empathy's gonna stick around, anyway- he can't fight anymore.

(04-30-2016, 10:46 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 09:54 PM)Surge Wrote: (I assume that 753 heard nothing in between those lines through his electronic spying? Because that is definitely hand forcing stuff if empathy was saying all that out loud.)

// what do you mean by hand forcing?
// and no, but 753 could prooooobably interview one of them afterwards. Empathy's gonna stick around, anyway- he can't fight anymore.
(I mean if he knew what was being said he wouldn't be able to keep idly watching, he'd feel obligated to intervene into something of this magnitude, especially with it being so close to if not inside his area of expertise)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 04-30-2016

//Alittle off topic here just something i want to inject in here for you guys to consider

but Why dont the Avali nexus make a Discord server? like we wouldent have page limits on RPs and we can do Quite a few other things there too like voice chat and stuff

(Mostly because it takes us months to hit the 500 page limit and we impose it on ourselves voluntarily, and we don't need voice chat for anything we do here.)

(04-30-2016, 09:46 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 08:56 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((After Umbra was stabbed there didn't appear to be any lasting damage, so Ezekiel didn't make a big deal of it. He's seen plenty of weird in his time.))

// Makes sense. I guess.

"All right. Here goes... I'm going to add in a little commentary while you're seeing things. Hope you don't mind."
Empathy raises one hand up a little as two orbs of his color scheme appear in the palm. Ezekiel's vision would slowly fade to black as the vision starts.

Umbra steps on the portal device in the old world, which seems just as vibrant as it used to.
Then the vision freezes. Jet-black gashes appear in the living canvas and slowly expand, devouring it.
"It started when Umbra's portal machine went on the fritz. I don't know why it did in the first place, but what happened was it opened a portal to its own world. This... Somehow tore a huge hole in the fabric of space-time. The paradox pretty much deleted the entire world and ejected everyone out."
The vision cuts to an endless, dark void with everyone from the old 'town' floating in it- Enigmas, Elterevean, and Ezvrael included, for some reason. They still glow in the darkness, but they don't seem to produce any light.
Suddenly, multiple things start happening. Some of the figures floating in the void begin to change or disappear. The survivors' bodies change to become what they currently are while the others start to slowly fade or disintegrate.
"After we all got evicted, we... Well, we just floated. I don't know how, but eventually things started changing. Maybe something found us and decided we didn't belong. I don't think we'll ever know. The ones who survived still had memories of their old lives, and according to what Umbra experienced, they became dreams."
Four of the Enigmas- Empathy, Apathy, Order, and Chaos- begin to dissolve, some of the colored particles flying into Umbra's body. The unconscious Umbreon suddenly fizzles as if he were on a static screen, his body suddenly becoming the white Anomaly.
"That's how Umbra got his Anomaly body- he's a culmination of the five of us. His Anomaly form, as most people seem to be calling it, inherited my Spear preference and Apathy's cryomancy. Order's the one who gave him those eye things. And Chaos... Well... Actually, I don't know what he got from Chaos."
Superego remains unchanged, still dissolving.
...But then something starts happening. His body starts reforming and shifting in color from a pinkish-purple to solid black. A crystalline purple shard bursts from his shoulder as a similarly-colored outline surrounds his body.
"And then... That happened. Even though we never technically existed, Superego couldn't truly comprehend death, or total destruction. Once he came face-to-face with it, he went insane from trying to hold on to life. He ended up succeeding and became... That."
The void fades to white as the vision ends.

Ezekiel, Umbra, and Empathy are still in the infirmary when they return to reality.
"So, yeah... That's the best I can explain it..."
"...Okay, then. So that means my dreams were memories?"
"Yes."
"And the other people who had dreams like mine are actually from the old world?"
"Yep."
"And you're actually a part of me?"
"Mm-hm."
"...What."
"I know it's a lot to take in, but we've got bigger problems on our hands. If Superego is in this world, which he is, then we're in trouble."

"Well... I do know who saved Eltereavean and I, sort of, but I do not know who helped you... and that does sound bad. Do you have any idea of how this can be fixed? On that note - what is the crystal structure on Superego? We need as much information as possible if we want to deal with whatever is happening."

(04-30-2016, 11:07 PM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote: //Alittle off topic here just something i want to inject in here for you guys to consider

but Why dont the Avali nexus make a Discord server? like we wouldent have page limits on RPs and we can do Quite a few other things there too like voice chat and stuff
((There isn't technically a page limit. We just keep it up for tradition. Besides, RP seems more suited to a forum than a live chat where it would be harder to sort through the posts to find new stuff, what with different timezones and all. But if you would like to set uo a server for this, I would suggest proposing it on the main thread. I know I wouldn't partake in the voice chat, but eh.))

(I have this gut feeling we won't see much of midnight anymore)