Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 03:10 PM)Surge Wrote: (gonna wait for Shaad to respond, and like I said in tying into this I might just totally run away with it)

// I have plans, too, ya know. Just don't hijack the whole thing.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 03:31 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 03:10 PM)Surge Wrote: (gonna wait for Shaad to respond, and like I said in tying into this I might just totally run away with it)

// I have plans, too, ya know. Just don't hijack the whole thing.
(Well I'm sorry but I either explain how your arc works or contradict everything I've been working on and have to rewrite all kinds of interdimensional mechanics.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-01-2016

// there is a sort of capital city right?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 03:43 PM)Surge Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 03:31 PM)Umbra Wrote: // I have plans, too, ya know. Just don't hijack the whole thing.
(Well I'm sorry but I either explain how your arc works or contradict everything I've been working on and have to rewrite all kinds of interdimensional mechanics.)

((maybe you shouldn't be trying to dictate how the universe works without anyone else's input.))

(05-01-2016, 04:25 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 03:43 PM)Surge Wrote: (Well I'm sorry but I either explain how your arc works or contradict everything I've been working on and have to rewrite all kinds of interdimensional mechanics.)

((maybe you shouldn't be trying to dictate how the universe works without anyone else's input.))
(but that would require spoilers)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 04:30 PM)Surge Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 04:25 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((maybe you shouldn't be trying to dictate how the universe works without anyone else's input.))
(but that would require spoilers)

((saying "no you can't do this at all it ruins my eventual plans" is far worse than potential spoilers.))

(05-01-2016, 04:40 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 04:30 PM)Surge Wrote: (but that would require spoilers)

((saying "no you can't do this at all it ruins my eventual plans" is far worse than potential spoilers.))
(that's not what I'm saying though, I'm saying that I'm in a really shitty spot where I either have to overwrite somebody else's plans or I have to overwrite my own plans and months of worldbuilding. It's a lose-lose and right now I'm hoping I can either provide something engaging anyways or reach a compromise that doesn't hurt either plan too badly. It really is just insane and horrible coincidence that we both seem to have created almost the same story arc in total isolation from one another)

(05-01-2016, 04:19 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // there is a sort of capital city right?

// That'd be The Eden. There aren't any capital cities on the planet yet, but there's a fair amount of towns.

(05-01-2016, 04:44 PM)Surge Wrote: (that's not what I'm saying though, I'm saying that I'm in a really shitty spot where I either have to overwrite somebody else's plans or I have to overwrite my own plans and months of worldbuilding. It's a lose-lose and right now I'm hoping I can either provide something engaging anyways or reach a compromise that doesn't hurt either plan too badly. It really is just insane and horrible coincidence that we both seem to have created almost the same story arc in total isolation from one another)

// so you were planning on bringing phantoms of the past back to haunt everyone?
// besides, there's not really any telling how similar the two arcs are if we don't know exactly what the other person is planning.

(05-01-2016, 06:08 PM)Umbra Wrote:

// That'd be The Eden. There aren't any capital cities on the planet yet, but there's a fair amount of towns.

(05-01-2016, 04:44 PM)Surge Wrote: (that's not what I'm saying though, I'm saying that I'm in a really shitty spot where I either have to overwrite somebody else's plans or I have to overwrite my own plans and months of worldbuilding. It's a lose-lose and right now I'm hoping I can either provide something engaging anyways or reach a compromise that doesn't hurt either plan too badly. It really is just insane and horrible coincidence that we both seem to have created almost the same story arc in total isolation from one another)

// so you were planning on bringing phantoms of the past back to haunt everyone?
// besides, there's not really any telling how similar the two arcs are if we don't know exactly what the other person is planning.
(we could try and collaborate a bit via PM, establish where our plots overlap.)

(05-01-2016, 06:08 PM)Umbra Wrote:

// okay
*a shuttle to the space station has been gutted in the night, everything that's either a servo, piston, or complex circuitry has been taken from it. On top of that any cameras at the space port aimed at the shuttlebay are covered in blots of red paint*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-01-2016

// Regarding Umbra saying stuff about shuttle passes and paying for such, I always thought they were a free service.

(05-01-2016, 07:46 PM)Comito Wrote: // Regarding Umbra saying stuff about shuttle passes and paying for such, I always thought they were a free service.

// They gotta pay for fuel somehow. Most businesses provide passes to their employees, though.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-01-2016

((Okay so before I respond I want Umbra and Surge to work out exactly whos plot we will be following, if not both.
Surge, Umbra is pretty much the GM for this RP. If you have an idea which may have a significant impact on lore or other peoples' characters, it is rather important that you tell him about it. That way we don't have too much contradictory information like last time.

Now, I'm in another roleplay, and while it is a more serious RP by far, every time I come up with an idea for a character, concept, location, etc. I immediately spill all the beans to the person running the roleplay so they can say yay or nay, including heavy spoilerific stuff. This is nessessary to avoid hijacking big portions of the lore or needing retcons down the line. Now, if you two work together to iron out the details, I'm sure you can find an in-between that works mostly fine for both of your ideas.

After all, deciding how the entire multiverse/timeline nonsense/etc. works is a pretty big deal.
I have multiple characters which could be severely affected by how this turns out, so please do let me know what you decide on.))

(I think the most pressing thing in terms of possible contradictions is the void and shades and shit which I've been TRYING to make relevant for even longer than I've had 753 since I prefer to use these things as exposition devices for immersion and shit, but since we're on the cusp of contradicting all of that before I have eve had a chance for my grand reveal I'll ask if anyone else here has a system in place for how the space in the multiverse that ISN'T a reality works because I won't be able to explain the void in depth until my lunch break anyways.)

(05-01-2016, 09:11 PM)Surge Wrote: (I think the most pressing thing in terms of possible contradictions is the void and shades and shit which I've been TRYING to make relevant for even longer than I've had 753 since I prefer to use these things as exposition devices for immersion and shit, but since we're on the cusp of contradicting all of that before I have eve had a chance for my grand reveal I'll ask if anyone else here has a system in place for how the space in the multiverse that ISN'T a reality works because I won't be able to explain the void in depth until my lunch break anyways.)

// well, the way I was using it was that everyone just started floating out there after they got kicked out. That's how we transitioned from the previous shitstorm into this setting.
// I don't have an explanation of what happened to the people who disappeared- you can do whatever you want with that. I'm not defining how the nothingness and all that exists between dimensions works. All I'm doing is stating that one character that was supposed to die managed to cling onto life somehow and went insane in the process.
// if the fact that the survivors changed irks you, I was just gonna go with some unseen hand dragging them into a new universe and changing their bodies to accommodate.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 09:26 PM)Umbra Wrote: // if the fact that the survivors changed irks you, I was just gonna go with some unseen hand dragging them into a new universe and changing their bodies to accommodate.

((I actually came up with this as a possible explanation some time ago :p . It was in my "tying up my loose ends from the old RP" post. I consider most of that post non-canon though, and instead just thoughts on what could have happened.))

// it's getting really really, really technical here...

(05-01-2016, 09:26 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 09:11 PM)Surge Wrote: (I think the most pressing thing in terms of possible contradictions is the void and shades and shit which I've been TRYING to make relevant for even longer than I've had 753 since I prefer to use these things as exposition devices for immersion and shit, but since we're on the cusp of contradicting all of that before I have eve had a chance for my grand reveal I'll ask if anyone else here has a system in place for how the space in the multiverse that ISN'T a reality works because I won't be able to explain the void in depth until my lunch break anyways.)

// well, the way I was using it was that everyone just started floating out there after they got kicked out. That's how we transitioned from the previous shitstorm into this setting.
// I don't have an explanation of what happened to the people who disappeared- you can do whatever you want with that. I'm not defining how the nothingness and all that exists between dimensions works. All I'm doing is stating that one character that was supposed to die managed to cling onto life somehow and went insane in the process.
// if the fact that the survivors changed irks you, I was just gonna go with some unseen hand dragging them into a new universe and changing their bodies to accommodate.
(....this lines up perfectly with all the "why" stuff I've been piecing together I'll see if I can PM it to you at lunch.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 02:27 PM)achroma Wrote: //would you prefer the previous post be retconed, or something else?
//if you want it to be retconed, ill delete the posts accordingly, Achorma will remain on the station, and a non discript civilian asked about the wallet.

//For both of our sake it would be better to actually have you on the station still so you can pan out slowly.  Teleporting isn't nice,   Surge already pointed out being loki and teleporting everywhere isn't something that is really allowed.  Otherwise you usually have to explain in detail how unless they're just a living plot device like 753.  Living plot devices are like quest givers.  They are used to move things along when nothing happens/is happening but otherwise do not act or show up.

//Also. I love when things get technical.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 02:52 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "I'm fine, yeah...and what do you mean my friend is okay? Someone was hurt? Who was it?"

"Umbra was his name, right? He was attacked by that... thing, but he's back up and walking. Pretty tough guy."

"Was about to see if you could come visit him if you wanted, but I don't know where he's going..."