Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 05-02-2016

(05-01-2016, 11:58 PM)Comito Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 02:52 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "I'm fine, yeah...and what do you mean my friend is okay? Someone was hurt? Who was it?"

"Umbra was his name, right? He was attacked by that... thing, but he's back up and walking. Pretty tough guy."

"Was about to see if you could come visit him if you wanted, but I don't know where he's going..."

"I'll be there. If you can stop him, please do so. Or if you can tell me where he's going...either or."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-02-2016

(05-02-2016, 12:01 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 11:58 PM)Comito Wrote: "Umbra was his name, right? He was attacked by that... thing, but he's back up and walking. Pretty tough guy."

"Was about to see if you could come visit him if you wanted, but I don't know where he's going..."

"I'll be there. If you can stop him, please do so. Or if you can tell me where he's going...either or."

"Alright, he was heading (direction he was going). Looked like a member of the High Guard was with him... could be busy, but I'll try to catch him."

He pushed a button on his phone and the phone's functionality switched to his cybernetic body, and he started running to try and catch up with Umbra. Hopefully he wasn't too far off.

(05-02-2016, 12:09 AM)Comito Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 12:01 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "I'll be there. If you can stop him, please do so. Or if you can tell me where he's going...either or."

"Alright, he was heading (direction he was going). Looked like a member of the High Guard was with him... could be busy, but I'll try to catch him."

He pushed a button on his phone and the phone's functionality switched to his cybernetic body, and he started running to try and catch up with Umbra. Hopefully he wasn't too far off.

"Alright, I'm on my way." Wurg clicked the phone off, and ran out of her house. Hopefully she would be able to catch Umbra. She had to know if everything was okay, and what happened.
The more she knew about the situation, the better.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-02-2016

(05-01-2016, 11:28 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 02:27 PM)achroma Wrote: //would you prefer the previous post be retconed, or something else?
//if you want it to be retconed, ill delete the posts accordingly, Achorma will remain on the station, and a non discript civilian asked about the wallet.

//For both of our sake it would be better to actually have you on the station still so you can pan out slowly.  Teleporting isn't nice,   Surge already pointed out being loki and teleporting everywhere isn't something that is really allowed.  Otherwise you usually have to explain in detail how unless they're just a living plot device like 753.  Living plot devices are like quest givers.  They are used to move things along when nothing happens/is happening but otherwise do not act or show up.

//Also.  I love when things get technical.
//got it, post has been deleted. Also it sounds that you might like factorio. Cool game, you should check it out if you haven't already.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-02-2016

Umbra and State are still walking towards Umbra's house.
"So where do you live, anyway?"
"It's just up ahead. Only house like it in the entire town."

(05-02-2016, 12:39 AM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra and State are still walking towards Umbra's house.
"So where do you live, anyway?"
"It's just up ahead. Only house like it in the entire town."

Gregor ran with incredible speed owing to his augmented limbs, and soon he saw Umbra and State in front of him.

"Hey! You two!" He skidded to a stop a short distance behind them, standing up and saluting State before looking at Umbra. "Sorry if I'm interrupting... Copper's worried and is coming to visit you."

(05-02-2016, 12:54 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor ran with incredible speed owing to his augmented limbs, and soon he saw Umbra and State in front of him.

"Hey! You two!" He skidded to a stop a short distance behind them, standing up and saluting State before looking at Umbra. "Sorry if I'm interrupting... Copper's worried and is coming to visit you."

"Oh, sure."
"And who is Copper?"
"Friend of mine. She's safe, if that's what you're so concerned about."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-02-2016

(05-02-2016, 12:32 AM)achroma Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 11:28 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //For both of our sake it would be better to actually have you on the station still so you can pan out slowly.  Teleporting isn't nice,   Surge already pointed out being loki and teleporting everywhere isn't something that is really allowed.  Otherwise you usually have to explain in detail how unless they're just a living plot device like 753.  Living plot devices are like quest givers.  They are used to move things along when nothing happens/is happening but otherwise do not act or show up.

//Also.  I love when things get technical.
//got it, post has been deleted. Also it sounds that you might like factorio. Cool game, you should check it out if you haven't already.

//I already know all about that.  But I need gloves more than I need more video games.  And thank you.  Hopefully you can eventually build your pace into the RP.  Currently, hopefully this isn't straining Umbra.   Umbra should be able to help you with getting acquainted on Eden station.    Being the builder of the general setting can be a pain sometimes.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-02-2016

(okay I think we about have things sorted then Umbra? Looks like I got worked up and panicked for nothing. I'll explain the void in detail IC as I initially planned but I'll write up some general multiversal mechanics for you guys to look over for me when I get home)

(05-02-2016, 01:03 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 12:54 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor ran with incredible speed owing to his augmented limbs, and soon he saw Umbra and State in front of him.

"Oh, sure."
"And who is Copper?"

A few minutes later, Wurg skittered around the corner and came to a halt. She stood up and walked over to Umbra, State, and Gregor. "Okay...okay...hello, I'm here...is...everything okay? Nothing wrong? No one hurt? You're not faking being okay, right Umbra?"

(05-02-2016, 01:40 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: A few minutes later, Wurg skittered around the corner and came to a halt. She stood up and walked over to Umbra, State, and Gregor. "Okay...okay...hello, I'm here...is...everything okay? Nothing wrong? No one hurt? You're not faking being okay, right Umbra?"

"Oh, hi, Wurg! And no, I'm fine. Just had a... Weird run-in."
"He was stabbed by some shadow thing."
Umbra starts covering where State's mouth would be if he had one. "Shhh! She didn't need to know that!"
"But it is true."
"I know it is, but you don't have to tell people that!"
"...My apologies."

Zeurei looked behind him, whoever it had been didn't follow him, thankfully.  He looked at the guards who stared at him, he'd just bolted out of an alleyway after all.  He nervously waved at them, unable to keep straight-faced as his fake smile twitched.  He just turned and bolted off now though wincing.  

Great. Wonderful way to not draw attention to yourself.  Idiot...

A period of running later, he'd hid in his usual alleys, near store-fronts where the shadows hung the deepest.  He hadn't really studied the prospects of magick recently, and it left him somewhat giddy despite the day's failings.  As he checked around the block, the guards around here were occupied or on standard patrol.  No searching going on, nothing exciting, and so he sat down alone.  Pulling open his satchel, he pulled out one of the small shards, pulling it from it's baggy and feeling the, odd sensation touching his skin.

He held it up in front of his face, noting the perfect cut he'd managed for it.  One could question with what he'd cut it, but it was a question that wouldn't be answered.  As his eyes lit up with a soft blue glow.

Focusing his sight on the gem, his eyes seemed to crackle, almost with an electrical energy, and he winced.  Covering his face with a scream as he stood up.  It had been a little...  No, a LOT more high pitched than he'd expected his scream to be, but that didn't matter much.  It was too much, it was like a solid piece of headache he had held in his hand  His head throbbed.  "WHAT IS IT?!"  He'd screamed aloud following his rapid motion to his feet, causing the other shards to fly up and pepper across the ground all about.  

He opened his eyes and blinked, nothing, he blinked again.  It wasn't that dark was it?  He blinked again, trying to make sure his eyes were open.  Gasping, he grasped about wildly before stepping on a shard and slipping.  Landing with another shard in his palm as he lifted his hand, turned over, brushing the shards away as he just sat there.  He'd never been in a bind like this before...  For the first time, possibly ever, he hoped the guards HAD heard him.  "Is, this what being blind is like?"  He'd asked himself.

(05-02-2016, 01:40 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 01:03 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Oh, sure."
"And who is Copper?"

A few minutes later, Wurg skittered around the corner and came to a halt. She stood up and walked over to Umbra, State, and Gregor. "Okay...okay...hello, I'm here...is...everything okay? Nothing wrong? No one hurt? You're not faking being okay, right Umbra?"

(05-02-2016, 02:05 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Oh, hi, Wurg! And no, I'm fine. Just had a... Weird run-in."
Umbra starts covering where State's mouth would be if he had one. "Shhh! She didn't need to know that!"
"But it is true."
"...My apologies."
Gregor smiled and waved to Wurg when she appeared.

"So... where did those things come from, and who was that guy with them? Do either of you know?"

(05-02-2016, 02:24 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:     Zeurei looked behind him, whoever it had been didn't follow him, thankfully.  He looked at the guards who stared at him, he'd just bolted out of an alleyway after all.  He nervously waved at them, unable to keep straight-faced as his fake smile twitched.  He just turned and bolted off now though wincing.  

A period of running later, he'd hid in his usual alleys, near store-fronts where the shadows hung the deepest.  He hadn't really studied the prospects of magick recently, and it left him somewhat giddy despite the day's failings.  As he checked around the block, the guards around here were occupied or on standard patrol.  No searching going on, nothing exciting, and so he sat down alone.  Pulling open his satchel, he pulled out one of the small shards, pulling it from it's baggy and feeling the, odd sensation touching his skin.

He held it up in front of his face, noting the perfect cut he'd managed for it.  One could question with what he'd cut it, but it was a question that wouldn't be answered.  As his eyes lit up with a soft blue glow.

Focusing his sight on the gem, his eyes seemed to crackle, almost with an electrical energy, and he winced.  Covering his face with a scream as he stood up.  It had been a little...  No, a LOT more high pitched than he'd expected his scream to be, but that didn't matter much.  It was too much, it was like a solid piece of headache he had held in his hand  His head throbbed.  "WHAT IS IT?!"  He'd screamed aloud following his rapid motion to his feet, causing the other shards to fly up and pepper across the ground all about.  

He opened his eyes and blinked, nothing, he blinked again.  It wasn't that dark was it?  He blinked again, trying to make sure his eyes were open.  Gasping, he grasped about wildly before stepping on a shard and slipping.  Landing with another shard in his palm as he lifted his hand, turned over, brushing the shards away as he just sat there.  He'd never been in a bind like this before...  For the first time, possibly ever, he hoped the guards HAD heard him.  "Is, this what being blind is like?"  He'd asked himself.

One guard head him, thankfully. "What's going-" They look around and see the shards scattered everywhere and Zeurei.
"...Holy shit. Are you okay, there?"

(05-02-2016, 02:38 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor smiled and waved to Wurg when she appeared.

"So... where did those things come from, and who was that guy with them? Do either of you know?"

"Those creatures are usually called Shadow Imps. They usually don't attack unless threatened, and they're more of a nuisance than anything. They like to steal stuff, hence the 'imp' bit. Something was off about them, though... They didn't look right. As for the other, reverse-palette me, well... That's a bit more complicated. I think Wurg might understand it a bit better."
"...No offense. We, uh. Had these weird dreams that are linked somehow."

(05-02-2016, 02:05 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 01:40 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: A few minutes later, Wurg skittered around the corner and came to a halt. She stood up and walked over to Umbra, State, and Gregor. "Okay...okay...hello, I'm here...is...everything okay? Nothing wrong? No one hurt? You're not faking being okay, right Umbra?"

"Oh, hi, Wurg! And no, I'm fine. Just had a... Weird run-in."
"But it is true."
"...My apologies."

"Okay...glad to know...you're okay. Gimme a minute to...catch my breath, okay?" Wurg panted. She took a few deep breaths, and straightened up. "Alright. That's better. But...you got stabbed? Are you sure you're okay? I don't see any injuries..."

(05-02-2016, 02:39 AM)Umbra Wrote: One guard heard him, thankfully. "What's going-" They look around and see the shards scattered everywhere and Zeurei.

"No.  I, can't see anything."  He looked towards their general position by hearing, though slightly off.  The sight of his eyes would have been slightly unsettling.  They retained the blue glow, but seemed to be replaced with fizzles of energy.  "Please tell me you're a guard."  He didn't stand, obviously unable to see anything and, he felt legitimately afraid.  It showed on his face.

(05-02-2016, 02:39 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 02:24 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:     Zeurei looked behind him, whoever it had been didn't follow him, thankfully.  He looked at the guards who stared at him, he'd just bolted out of an alleyway after all.  He nervously waved at them, unable to keep straight-faced as his fake smile twitched.  He just turned and bolted off now though wincing.  

One guard head him, thankfully. "What's going-" They look around and see the shards scattered everywhere and Zeurei.

(05-02-2016, 02:38 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor smiled and waved to Wurg when she appeared.

"Those creatures are usually called Shadow Imps. They usually don't attack unless threatened, and they're more of a nuisance than anything. They like to steal stuff, hence the 'imp' bit. Something was off about them, though... They didn't look right. As for the other, reverse-palette me, well... That's a bit more complicated. I think Wurg might understand it a bit better."
"...No offense. We, uh. Had these weird dreams that are linked somehow."

Wurg blinked. "...The dreams? What about them?"

(05-02-2016, 02:51 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Okay...glad to know...you're okay. Gimme a minute to...catch my breath, okay?" Wurg panted. She took a few deep breaths, and straightened up. "Alright. That's better. But...you got stabbed? Are you sure you're okay? I don't see any injuries..."
(05-02-2016, 03:22 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg blinked. "...The dreams? What about them?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, but... I can't... Change anymore. It's kind of a long story that starts with the dreams."

(05-02-2016, 03:17 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
"No.  I, can't see anything."  He looked towards their general position by hearing, though slightly off.  The sight of his eyes would have been slightly unsettling.  They retained the blue glow, but seemed to be replaced with fizzles of energy. "Please tell me you're a guard." He didn't stand, obviously unable to see anything and, he felt legitimately afraid.  It showed on his face.

"Yeah, I am. Let me call for some help, okay? I'm not going anywhere." The guard starts making a call to the local hospital.

(05-02-2016, 03:56 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 02:51 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Okay...glad to know...you're okay. Gimme a minute to...catch my breath, okay?" Wurg panted. She took a few deep breaths, and straightened up. "Alright. That's better. But...you got stabbed? Are you sure you're okay? I don't see any injuries..."
(05-02-2016, 03:22 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg blinked. "...The dreams? What about them?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, but... I can't... Change anymore. It's kind of a long story that starts with the dreams."

"...If you have more information about the dreams, I very much want to hear it. Now."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-02-2016

(04-30-2016, 03:51 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 03:26 AM)Umbra Wrote: // well, the characters that 'survived' still have memories of the previous dimension. Otherwise, half of the development/motives/etc. of said characters would be retconned.
// it'd also immensely screw up what I have planned for Umbra's development.

((I have a potential solution for this inconsistency! The Law of Divine Multi-Origin! (AKA: Plot bullsh*t)

"The Law of Divine Multi-Origin, or as I prefer to call it, the Law of Headache-Induction, in the barest of terms, dictates that it is possible for contradictory information to be legally present when higher divinity is involved. This is why there are accounts of gods which in some depictions are male, other times female, sometimes born mortal, sometimes omnipresent. All of these can potentially be true at the same time due to the way divine presence tends to warp the very fabric of existence, despite the fact that this explanation is the highest order of utter nonsense, and does not actually apply to any laws. But here I am, writing about this, because despite it being trash-worthy pseudoscientific crap, it is also, by virtue of its own existence, both false and, unfortunately, true." -Unknown

There were divine beings involved in the deeper part of the crap I was pulling together before, and since they were sort of around when the universe went kaput, it's quite possible their presence caused screwy reality shennanigans due to this law which I just made up which is based on another law I made up quite some time before now.))

//Late to the party, but technically there still is at least one divinity on the playing field right now. Of course this isn't her universe to manage, so she's just along for the ride in the plans of whatever divines might actually be in charge around Eden and Nexus17.

//The problem I keep having is it seems whenever I am active everyone else isn't, and I get distracted while waiting then lose my place again. So hopefully nothing has come up that would have prevented Danu from just going back to working normally, but I need to get her involved again.