Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-02-2016

(05-02-2016, 04:11 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...If you have more information about the dreams, I very much want to hear it. Now."

"Well... Long story short, the dreams actually happened. How this ties into what happened has to do with the original Anomalies from the dreams. One of them went insane and the other four actually gave me my Anomaly, uh... Form, I guess. The insane one split them from me by shoving a sword into my midsection, and now they're in this dimension. One already showed up and is helping to gather them up again."

(05-02-2016, 04:14 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: //The problem I keep having is it seems whenever I am active everyone else isn't, and I get distracted while waiting then lose my place again. So hopefully nothing has come up that would have prevented Danu from just going back to working normally, but I need to get her involved again.

// well, Rinoah's character decided to displace her wallet (didn't take anything, though). Other than that, nothing happened that directly affects her.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-02-2016

(05-02-2016, 04:14 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Late to the party, but technically there still is at least one divinity on the playing field right now. Of course this isn't her universe to manage, so she's just along for the ride in the plans of whatever divines might actually be in charge around Eden and Nexus17.

//The problem I keep having is it seems whenever I am active everyone else isn't, and I get distracted while waiting then lose my place again. So hopefully nothing has come up that would have prevented Danu from just going back to working normally, but I need to get her involved again.

//Zeurei stole your wallet, or whatever currency you had.  And gave it to a random civilian bystander telling them that he was looking to give it back to the owner.  Other than that, nothing really involving Danu.  Nothing was used, just taken and given to a random person.

//Edit: I wish this site had a "warning people posted" dealie, oh well.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-02-2016

(05-02-2016, 04:14 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 03:51 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((I have a potential solution for this inconsistency! The Law of Divine Multi-Origin! (AKA: Plot bullsh*t)

"The Law of Divine Multi-Origin, or as I prefer to call it, the Law of Headache-Induction, in the barest of terms, dictates that it is possible for contradictory information to be legally present when higher divinity is involved. This is why there are accounts of gods which in some depictions are male, other times female, sometimes born mortal, sometimes omnipresent. All of these can potentially be true at the same time due to the way divine presence tends to warp the very fabric of existence, despite the fact that this explanation is the highest order of utter nonsense, and does not actually apply to any laws. But here I am, writing about this, because despite it being trash-worthy pseudoscientific crap, it is also, by virtue of its own existence, both false and, unfortunately, true." -Unknown

There were divine beings involved in the deeper part of the crap I was pulling together before, and since they were sort of around when the universe went kaput, it's quite possible their presence caused screwy reality shennanigans due to this law which I just made up which is based on another law I made up quite some time before now.))

//Late to the party, but technically there still is at least one divinity on the playing field right now. Of course this isn't her universe to manage, so she's just along for the ride in the plans of whatever divines might actually be in charge around Eden and Nexus17.

//The problem I keep having is it seems whenever I am active everyone else isn't, and I get distracted while waiting then lose my place again. So hopefully nothing has come up that would have prevented Danu from just going back to working normally, but I need to get her involved again.
((I think we've already decided not to go with this anyway.))

(05-02-2016, 04:36 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 04:14 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Late to the party, but technically there still is at least one divinity on the playing field right now. Of course this isn't her universe to manage, so she's just along for the ride in the plans of whatever divines might actually be in charge around Eden and Nexus17.

//Zeurei stole your wallet, or whatever currency you had.  And gave it to a random civilian bystander telling them that he was looking to give it back to the owner.  Other than that, nothing really involving Danu.  Nothing was used, just taken and given to a random person.

//Edit: I wish this site had a "warning people posted" dealie, oh well.
((There is. Sort of. http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/portal.php
Go there right after logging in. Click "see new posts". Threads will appear. The green arrows beside each one will lead to the first unread post in each.
Alternatively, there should be similar arrows beside threads just at the normal website area, I think. Threads that have new posts also have the icon beside them lit up more, and their names are bolded. Really it's quite easy to see when there are new posts. Just doesn't say if someone quoted you, or exactly who has replied or how many new replies there are.))

(05-02-2016, 04:43 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 04:36 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Zeurei stole your wallet, or whatever currency you had.  And gave it to a random civilian bystander telling them that he was looking to give it back to the owner.  Other than that, nothing really involving Danu.  Nothing was used, just taken and given to a random person.

//Edit:  I wish this site had a "warning people posted" dealie, oh well.
((There is. Sort of. http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/portal.php
Go there right after logging in. Click "see new posts". Threads will appear. The green arrows beside each one will lead to the first unread post in each.
Alternatively, there should be similar arrows beside threads just at the normal website area, I think. Threads that have new posts also have the icon beside them lit up more, and their names are bolded. Really it's quite easy to see when there are new posts. Just doesn't say if someone quoted you, or exactly who has replied or how many new replies there are.))

//No, I mean when you go to post something, it will stop you and say "warning while you were posting someone has replied.  You may wish to review your post."  And it would pop the new post up below.  Letting you stop and go over it rather than having to edit it after the fact.

(05-02-2016, 03:56 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 03:17 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
"No.  I, can't see anything."  He looked towards their general position by hearing, though slightly off.  The sight of his eyes would have been slightly unsettling.  They retained the blue glow, but seemed to be replaced with fizzles of energy. "Please tell me you're a guard." He didn't stand, obviously unable to see anything and, he felt legitimately afraid.  It showed on his face.

"Yeah, I am. Let me call for some help, okay? I'm not going anywhere." The guard starts making a call to the local hospital.

Zeurei hesitated for a moment.  He'd trained himself that drawing attention was bad, not that he needed it.  So it was hard to let these things happen...  "Thank, you."  It almost sounded forced, almost.  He'd simply had trouble saying it.  He did not move to stand, just, sat there, nervous as all hell without use of his eyes.  Just, listening, with it being all he could do.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-02-2016

*Achorma wanders around the station, trying to occupied him for the being.*
"This place is large, I've never seen anything like it."
*He stares out the window of the station, and sets his gaze towards nexus17*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-02-2016

*still a gutted shuttle waiting to be discovered, trail of oily footprints leading off*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 05-02-2016

(05-02-2016, 04:35 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 04:11 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...If you have more information about the dreams, I very much want to hear it. Now."

"Well... Long story short, the dreams actually happened. How this ties into what happened has to do with the original Anomalies from the dreams. One of them went insane and the other four actually gave me my Anomaly, uh... Form, I guess. The insane one split them from me by shoving a sword into my midsection, and now they're in this dimension. One already showed up and is helping to gather them up again."

"Wait," Wurg said, "those dreams actually happened? They...they were real? But...but how..." She muttered.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-02-2016

(05-02-2016, 12:05 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *still a gutted shuttle waiting to be discovered, trail of oily footprints leading off*
// anyone could investigate if they want, kinda put myself in a hole I think.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-02-2016

(05-02-2016, 04:51 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Zeurei hesitated for a moment.  He'd trained himself that drawing attention was bad, not that he needed it.  So it was hard to let these things happen...  "Thank, you."  It almost sounded forced, almost.  He'd simply had trouble saying it.  He did not move to stand, just, sat there, nervous as all hell without use of his eyes.  Just, listening, with it being all he could do.

After a bit of time, footsteps are heard as paramedics arrive on the scene and start moving Zeurei to the hospital.
// can I leave the hospital stuff to you? I'd rather not get stuck role-playing random NPCs...

(05-02-2016, 12:05 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *still a gutted shuttle waiting to be discovered, trail of oily footprints leading off*

Some Guards notice the shuttle and footprints and start following them.

(05-02-2016, 01:56 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Wait," Wurg said, "those dreams actually happened? They...they were real? But...but how..." She muttered.

"Yeah, I'm still trying to process it myself..."

(05-02-2016, 04:55 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 04:51 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Zeurei hesitated for a moment.  He'd trained himself that drawing attention was bad, not that he needed it.  So it was hard to let these things happen...  "Thank, you."  It almost sounded forced, almost.  He'd simply had trouble saying it.  He did not move to stand, just, sat there, nervous as all hell without use of his eyes.  Just, listening, with it being all he could do.

After a bit of time, footsteps are heard as paramedics arrive on the scene and start moving Zeurei to the hospital.
// can I leave the hospital stuff to you? I'd rather not get stuck role-playing random NPCs...

//Don't worry about it, I didn't expect you to do everything.

//Also I just realized I somehow got back into the bad habit of he/she spam.  And it burns my eyes reading my own posts.  So I am sorry to anyone who has been reading my posts, I need to try harder on replacing those with cinematic exposition or something.

Zeurei remained tense as they moved him, asking questions he didn't want to answer.  Although the shards would probably draw questions of him later from the guards.  Right now he only needed to deal with medical ones. 

After a period of trying to ignore their incessant questions, citing that it was for his own safety that they asked.  There was little belief from him that this was true, but he finally fell to answering them anyways.  "No I have not always been blind.  My eyes are like this because something went wrong with what I was doing before I came here.  Then poof, no more sight, nothing.  This is only the second time it's happened ever, I was scanning the properties of a fresh sample."

"But why are they glowing? Was it something magical that misfired?"  One of those doctors doing his consultation asked, Of course he couldn't tell who all was there, let alone exactly where he was.   He was BLIND. 

"Kind of but wait...  Glowing?  What?  Why would my eyes be glowing?  I'm not looking at anything.  I can't even see anything."  Why would they be after all?  He wasn't making them glow, and that dealt with his ability to see things as what they are.  It was something he had to do by choice. 

"Oh, I see.  Then, nobody knows what exactly happened do they, not even you?  Well, I don't think anyone can really help you yet, though we've bandaged your hand.  Well, not until someone figures out what happened with your 'sample' at least."

"Great...  Going to be fun until the guards come back."  Zeurei sunk into the seat they'd given him to sit at.  They'd already checked him over, as far as they'd seen he was healthy.  Just the eyes dealie was in the way.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-02-2016

(04-27-2016, 05:41 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:     And yet. Just to spike some life into his "uneventful" time here.  He'd done more than taken the shards alone.  For he'd left someone absent their funds.  He did not intend to use theirs.  Only make them missing temporarily.  Of course they'd likely seen him dart past in his distinct soft-green robe, and the connection would be made soon.  Some lady who'd stood broad of shoulder, with what seemed a soft glow about them, at least, to his eyes.  Change blindness was an interesting thing.(#StoleDanu'sMoney)

(I may edit this based on what other people tell me.)

Danu hadn't even noticed. In fact one had to wonder just how her wallet had been lifted, when in fact her usual gowns were without pockets entirely. He had managed to snag her ID, her credit card, and her shuttle pass all bundled together in a leather sleeve that probably could be considered a homemade wallet.

When she went to get changed after work into something cleaner to go shopping, the wallet was discovered missing and reported to the guards in case someone had found it or seen the crime take place. Unfortunately without it she was kind of stuck in town, at least having plenty of provisions at home and a little bit of money outside her cards as a just in case.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If Zeueri could still see, not long after he was left by the doctors he would notice Danu approaching, seeming to be looking for somebody. Her work clothes were freshly cleaned, and almost a bit stereotypical with a flanel shirt paired with blue overalls. Carrying a toolbox, Danu looks around and calls out to see if anyone happens to know about the repair she was called to make.

"Pardon me, I was called with a report of a broken faucet needing to be replaced?"

(05-02-2016, 06:27 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 05:41 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:     And yet. Just to spike some life into his "uneventful" time here.  He'd done more than taken the shards alone.  For he'd left someone absent their funds.  He did not intend to use theirs.  Only make them missing temporarily.  Of course they'd likely seen him dart past in his distinct soft-green robe, and the connection would be made soon.  Some lady who'd stood broad of shoulder, with what seemed a soft glow about them, at least, to his eyes.  Change blindness was an interesting thing.(#StoleDanu'sMoney)

(I may edit this based on what other people tell me.)

Danu hadn't even noticed. In fact one had to wonder just how her wallet had been lifted, when in fact her usual gowns were without pockets entirely. He had managed to snag her ID, her credit card, and her shuttle pass all bundled together in a leather sleeve that probably could be considered a homemade wallet.

When she went to get changed after work into something cleaner to go shopping, the wallet was discovered missing and reported to the guards in case someone had found it or seen the crime take place. Unfortunately without it she was kind of stuck in town, at least having plenty of provisions at home and a little bit of money outside her cards as a just in case.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If Zeueri could still see, not long after he was left by the doctors he would notice Danu approaching, seeming to be looking for somebody. Her work clothes were freshly cleaned, and almost a bit stereotypical with a flanel shirt paired with blue overalls. Carrying a toolbox, Danu looks around and calls out to see if anyone happens to know about the repair she was called to make.

"Pardon me, I was called with a report of a broken faucet needing to be replaced?"

Unfortunately, for Danu, possibly fortunately for Zeurei, he could not see.  Though he heard the words said he had no reason to note them having never spoken nor heard Danu speak.  The doctors had left him to the side in one of the waiting rooms for now, with patches over his eyes in case the sight of his eyes would have any effect on anyone while he awaited further questioning. 

A nurse stepped forwards from the nearby desk.  "Oh, That was today, right, Well, it should be in room 112 On the next floor.  I can lead you there if you need?"  A kineptic stepped forwards from behind the counter wearing standard nurse's scrubs after standing from their position in one of the several chairs at the nurse's station.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-02-2016

(05-02-2016, 06:59 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 06:27 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu hadn't even noticed. In fact one had to wonder just how her wallet had been lifted, when in fact her usual gowns were without pockets entirely. He had managed to snag her ID, her credit card, and her shuttle pass all bundled together in a leather sleeve that probably could be considered a homemade wallet.

Unfortunately, for Danu, possibly fortunately for Zeurei, he could not see.  Though he heard the words said he had no reason to note them having never spoken nor heard Danu speak.  The doctors had left him to the side in one of the waiting rooms for now, with patches over his eyes in case the sight of his eyes would have any effect on anyone while he awaited further questioning. 

A nurse stepped forwards from the nearby desk.  "Oh, That was today, right, Well, it should be in room 112 On the next floor.  I can lead you there if you need?"  A kineptic stepped forwards from behind the counter wearing standard nurse's scrubs after standing from their position in one of the several chairs at the nurse's station.

"No worries, I know my way around. Sometimes when I'm not building and repairing structures, the doctors ask me to help with problem patients that they aren't too sure what is wrong with. Quite often they get healed by my presence, or at least I can identify what happened to them so the doctors can work their magic."

"On that note, can you tell me who that man is waiting in the exam room with his eyes covered? He seems familiar somehow, and perhaps his eyes are seeing the guilts of his past."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-02-2016

(05-02-2016, 04:55 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 01:56 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Wait," Wurg said, "those dreams actually happened? They...they were real? But...but how..." She muttered.

"Yeah, I'm still trying to process it myself..."

Gregor stood by and listened intently. He remembered Wurg talking about her strange dreams; dreams he himself had never experienced.

Perhaps now he could gain some sort of insight into the whole thing.

"Glad for it ma'am.  Hmm?  I'm sorry, not actually allowed to talk about that without a release of information first."  The Kineptic's name tag read Emmit.  "Why do y-."  And Zeurei cut her off yelling across the room.

"Are you talking about me?!"  He'd accidentally said it louder than he even meant to but just shrugged anyways.  "I don't remember knowing anyone who sounds like you, and I know you aren't my sister.  She would have probably kicked me without saying anything and then just laughed at me."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 05-03-2016

(05-02-2016, 04:55 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Yeah, I'm still trying to process it myself..."

"It's...almost too much to process. I mean...if they were real...then, what? Was everything I've been through fake until I woke up here again? Did I take over someone elses life? I..." Wurg trailed off, and took another deep, shuddering breath. "If they really were real...I don't know what to believe any more. It's...it makes me question if I'm even me of if I'm posing as someone else..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 04:20 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "It's...almost too much to process. I mean...if they were real...then, what? Was everything I've been through fake until I woke up here again? Did I take over someone elses life? I..." Wurg trailed off, and took another deep, shuddering breath. "If they really were real...I don't know what to believe any more. It's...it makes me question if I'm even me of if I'm posing as someone else..."

"Yeah, I was getting to that. It's all just... Really messed up. I'm trying to focus more on other problems, like the fact that there's other Anomalies that need rounding up. I can't really do anything, though..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-03-2016

(05-02-2016, 11:15 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:     "Glad for it ma'am.  Hmm?  I'm sorry, not actually allowed to talk about that without a release of information first."  The Kineptic's name tag read Emmit.  "Why do y-."  And Zeurei cut her off yelling across the room.

"Are you talking about me?!"  He'd accidentally said it louder than he even meant to but just shrugged anyways.  "I don't remember knowing anyone who sounds like you, and I know you aren't my sister.  She would have probably kicked me without saying anything and then just laughed at me."

"That's quite alright, policy and all. Sounds like he wants to speak for himself."

Danu smiles and approaches him, looking him over more carefully.

"Hi there. Who might you be?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-03-2016

*after examining the lush planet from orbit, Achorma notices the oily footprints and begins to persue*
"I wounder..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 10:17 AM)achroma Wrote:

*after examining the lush planet from orbit, Achorma notices the oily footprints and begins to persue*
"I wounder..."
(Noticed from orbit?)