Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-04-2016

(05-03-2016, 10:57 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 10:17 AM)achroma Wrote: *after examining the lush planet from orbit, Achorma notices the oily footprints and begins to persue*
"I wounder..."
(Noticed from orbit?)

// He's on the station.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-04-2016

(05-03-2016, 10:07 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "That's quite alright, policy and all. Sounds like he wants to speak for himself."

Danu smiles and approaches him, looking him over more carefully.

"Hi there. Who might you be?"

"Someone you don't know, obviously.  And the same goes the other way too.    I can't actually see right now, and not just because the patches.  But if you can apparently help people with magical mishaps then I'm inclined to ask."

He pulled the patches down, revealing beneath them the energetically crackling blue glow of his eyes.  He didn't look directly at her for obvious reasons.  Not that you'd be able to tell he was looking as it were anyways.

"Do you have any idea why this would happen while using scanning magick?  I know it's not permanent but it is far from pleasant losing one's vision."

Just sitting there for a moment, he winced slightly and suddenly.  "I apologize for being so blunt  I'm just not having a good day.  My name is Zeurei."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-04-2016

"Bad day indeed, that's a nasty mishap you had. I'm Danu Geldarc, an all around fix things sort of person." She smiles and brings up a chair beside him.

"Tell me more about the ability that caused this. Perhaps it can be negated with another ability of the proper construction."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-04-2016

(05-03-2016, 10:57 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 10:17 AM)achroma Wrote: *after examining the lush planet from orbit, Achorma notices the oily footprints and begins to persue*
"I wounder..."
(Noticed from orbit?)

(Specify if it's on planet or Eden.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-04-2016

(05-04-2016, 10:17 AM)achroma Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 10:57 AM)Rahizel Wrote: (Noticed from orbit?)

(Specify if it's on planet or Eden.)
(Specified eden multiple times)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-04-2016

(05-04-2016, 01:20 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 10:17 AM)achroma Wrote: (Specify if it's on planet or Eden.)
(Specified eden multiple times)

(You are aware the Eden is the space station?)

(05-04-2016, 07:26 PM)achroma Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 01:20 PM)Rahizel Wrote: (Specified eden multiple times)

(You are aware the Eden is the space station?)

// I did tell him that it's a space station.
// it's also on the first page.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 05-04-2016

(05-03-2016, 04:51 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 04:20 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "It's...almost too much to process. I mean...if they were real...then, what? Was everything I've been through fake until I woke up here again? Did I take over someone elses life? I..." Wurg trailed off, and took another deep, shuddering breath. "If they really were real...I don't know what to believe any more. It's...it makes me question if I'm even me of if I'm posing as someone else..."

"Yeah, I was getting to that. It's all just... Really messed up. I'm trying to focus more on other problems, like the fact that there's other Anomalies that need rounding up. I can't really do anything, though..."

Wurg lowered her head and sighed. "so, you need to get them, but there's nothing you can do for that. Great. Just great. First an existential crisis, now something that might be a real crisis and there's nothing to do about it..."

(05-04-2016, 09:10 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 04:51 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Yeah, I was getting to that. It's all just... Really messed up. I'm trying to focus more on other problems, like the fact that there's other Anomalies that need rounding up. I can't really do anything, though..."

Wurg lowered her head and sighed. "so, you need to get them, but there's nothing you can do for that. Great. Just great. First an existential crisis, now something that might be a real crisis and there's nothing to do about it..."

"Oh, well, one of the other Anomalies is helping. I'd be able to help if State wasn't such an worrywart."
"I am under direct orders and I do not intend to belay them, 46."
"Yes, I know. I can defend myself without changing, you know..."
"Direct orders."
Umbra sighs.
// I feel like I should make State's text brighter... I'm finding it kind of hard to read.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-04-2016

(05-04-2016, 07:28 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 07:26 PM)achroma Wrote: (You are aware the Eden is the space station?)

// I did tell him that it's a space station.
(Planet it orbits? IM Very Confused)

(05-04-2016, 09:40 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 07:28 PM)Umbra Wrote: // I did tell him that it's a space station.
(Planet it orbits? IM Very Confused)

// have you read the first page?
// ...wait, it doesn't mention it.
// well, short answer is that it orbits Nexus 17, the planet that the people who aren't on the station are on.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-04-2016

(05-04-2016, 09:42 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 09:40 PM)Rahizel Wrote: (Planet it orbits? IM Very Confused)

// have you read the first page?
// ...wait, it doesn't mention it.
// well, short answer is that it orbits Nexus 17, the planet that the people who aren't on the station are on.

//Story goes the planet developed an advanced civilization that developed technology to access other universes, growing it into a massive and highly advanced civilization not all that unlike Coruscant from Star Wars.

//Except they had a catastrophic accident that made the planet uninhabitable. So the survivors were evacuated into space, eventually building a gigantic ring-station to house them known as Eden.

//Recreating their interdimensional portals on this station, renewed trade with other worlds eventually brought them the terraforming technology they needed to save their planet. It was successfully employed, and their planet restored to a natural and largely unsettled paradise waiting to be developed.

//So you have small to medium villages on the surface connected by spaceports to the massive urban complex that is the Eden ring station, which houses the bulk of the population and was also the base from which the terraforming took place.

//At least that was my original idea that inspired all this, not sure how much of it was actually implemented. So if the wrecked shuttle is in the spacedock on Eden, it probably should have attracted the attention of the guards fairly promptly since they maintain security around the spacedocks and spaceports they connect to.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-05-2016

(05-04-2016, 11:57 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Story goes the planet developed an advanced civilization that developed technology to access other universes, growing it into a massive and highly advanced civilization not all that unlike Coruscant from Star Wars.

//Except they had a catastrophic accident that made the planet uninhabitable. So the survivors were evacuated into space, eventually building a gigantic ring-station to house them known as Eden.

//Recreating their interdimensional portals on this station, renewed trade with other worlds eventually brought them the terraforming technology they needed to save their planet. It was successfully employed, and their planet restored to a natural and largely unsettled paradise waiting to be developed.

//So you have small to medium villages on the surface connected by spaceports to the massive urban complex that is the Eden ring station, which houses the bulk of the population and was also the base from which the terraforming took place.

//At least that was my original idea that inspired all this, not sure how much of it was actually implemented. So if the wrecked shuttle is in the spacedock on Eden, it probably should have attracted the attention of the guards fairly promptly since they maintain security around the spacedocks and spaceports they connect to.

// Yeah, pretty much what I was going with.
// Also:

(05-02-2016, 04:55 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 12:05 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *still a gutted shuttle waiting to be discovered, trail of oily footprints leading off*

Some Guards notice the shuttle and footprints and start following them.

// Anyway, it's about time I cue Shaadaris. I know he's around here.

(05-01-2016, 03:08 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Ehm... Sure, I guess. Just as long as we get up to the station."

(05-01-2016, 03:10 PM)Surge Wrote: (gonna wait for Shaad to respond)

// Surge and I have figured a thing out, in case you didn't know.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 01:53 AM)Umbra Wrote: // Anyway, it's about time I cue Shaadaris. I know he's around here.

(05-01-2016, 03:08 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Ehm... Sure, I guess. Just as long as we get up to the station."

(05-01-2016, 03:10 PM)Surge Wrote: (gonna wait for Shaad to respond)

// Surge and I have figured a thing out, in case you didn't know.
((*Crashes through wall on motorunicycle*
Consider me cued.))

"..."
"I will not guarentee I will tell you every detail, but I suppose I agree."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-05-2016

(05-04-2016, 07:34 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Bad day indeed, that's a nasty mishap you had. I'm Danu Geldarc, an all around fix things sort of person." She smiles and brings up a chair beside him.

"Tell me more about the ability that caused this. Perhaps it can be negated with another ability of the proper construction."

"I..."  He was hesitant to speak of it, but continued nonetheless.  "It's an ability by trade.  A scanning spell and enchantment to the eyes.  Can only be cast on certain individuals.  It allows the visual determination of true properties involving the objects focused upon.  Or the short version.  I can see what something is made of, how it was made, how it is held together, and how to take it apart.  Whether it is physical, or magickal."  And he quieted taking a deep breath after the long winded explanation. 

"As I've noted to others already it's happened before.  Never have known why.  And the last time it lasted for two months."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 05:40 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 07:34 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Bad day indeed, that's a nasty mishap you had. I'm Danu Geldarc, an all around fix things sort of person." She smiles and brings up a chair beside him.

"I..."  He was hesitant to speak of it, but continued nonetheless.  "It's an ability by trade.  A scanning spell and enchantment to the eyes.  Can only be cast on certain individuals.  It allows the visual determination of true properties involving the objects focused upon.  Or the short version.  I can see what something is made of, how it was made, how it is held together, and how to take it apart.  Whether it is physical, or magickal."  And he quieted taking a deep breath after the long winded explanation. 

"As I've noted to others already it's happened before.  Never have known why.  And the last time it lasted for two months."

"That sounds like a very powerful if a bit unstable ability. I hope it wasn't my fault you got blinded, if you used it on me it could have shown you more than your mind could comprehend. My species is weird like that, with hex-helix DNA and stuff instead of the usual double helix." 

Danu nods and thinks about it a little, if there's any way she could speed the healing process along.

"Did it by chance burn an image in your mind that has prevented you from seeing anything else? Overloading your eyes that way can temporarily paralyze the optic nerves in most species and cause the mind to either see nothing at all, or the same image endlessly until the neurons recover. At least for biological structures from most of the worlds I've been on."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-05-2016

*the trail of oil from the gutted shuttle in the main spaceport leads a clear trail to an unlit alleyway, the trail occasionally fades but then refreshes about 4 times, seemingly quite intentional*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 12:44 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "That sounds like a very powerful if a bit unstable ability. I hope it wasn't my fault you got blinded, if you used it on me it could have shown you more than your mind could comprehend. My species is weird like that, with hex-helix DNA and stuff instead of the usual double helix." 

Danu nods and thinks about it a little, if there's any way she could speed the healing process along.

"Did it by chance burn an image in your mind that has prevented you from seeing anything else? Overloading your eyes that way can temporarily paralyze the optic nerves in most species and cause the mind to either see nothing at all, or the same image endlessly until the neurons recover. At least for biological structures from most of the worlds I've been on."

"It's very stable actually, as long as I'm expecting it anyways...  No images, but the information on what I was checking is starting to slowly recollect.  So that' s a good sign.  What does this look like to you?"  As he asked he pulled one of the purple shards from beneath his robe. He'd felt it poking him in the rib since he got here but he'd left it there to keep it hidden until now. 

Holding it between all five fingers in his left hand as it glowed, he moved his fingers away from it.  This caused it to stretch out into an extremely thin layer between his fingers.  The shard lost all of it's purple color and glow as it seemed to make light fade directly around it, taking up a white rimmed black silhouetted look to it  "Geesus I can feel that.  Stopping..."   And he squashed it back to it's original shape.  Causing it to regain it's shape, glow, and color as it lost it's other properties once more. 

"Sorry.  Should have waited until I could see for that..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-05-2016

// trying to be subtle and I'm getting nowhere. Who even is on the planet, what about this Danu person?

// I have no idea how to introduce myself in here and it's getting very frustrating, I also have no idea what goes on what is acceptable magic or science, if there's even an actual system for magic to standardize it...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 06:31 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      "It's very stable actually, as long as I'm expecting it anyways...  No images, but the information on what I was checking is starting to slowly recollect.  So that' s a good sign.  What does this look like to you?"  As he asked he pulled one of the purple shards from beneath his robe. He'd felt it poking him in the rib since he got here but he'd left it there to keep it hidden until now. 

Holding it between all five fingers in his left hand as it glowed, he moved his fingers away from it.  This caused it to stretch out into an extremely thin layer between his fingers.  The shard lost all of it's purple color and glow as it seemed to make light fade directly around it, taking up a white rimmed black silhouetted look to it  "Geesus I can feel that.  Stopping..."   And he squashed it back to it's original shape.  Causing it to regain it's shape, glow, and color as it lost it's other properties once more. 

"Sorry.  Should have waited until I could see for that..."

"A metastable material which is able to change crystalline structures using only the energy of deformation? Where did you find something like that? It isn't toxic right? The magical properties of it seem interesting if it can't be explained in a more scientific way."

Danu blinks a bit, a little concerned by what she had just seen in it.

(05-05-2016, 07:40 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // trying to be subtle and I'm getting nowhere. Who even is on the planet, what about this Danu person?

// I have no idea how to introduce myself in here and it's getting very frustrating, I also have no idea what goes on what is acceptable magic or science, if there's even an actual system for magic to standardize it...

//Right now people tend to not initiate, you have to put your character into contact with someone else because they aren't just finding each other right now. I think there were a few people on the station but I would have to read back to figure out who is where. Danu is not on the station, she's at the medical facility in the village.

//Danu would be my character in this, a retired angel who has been living out an eternity travelling from world to world after her own was destroyed. She looks human, golden eyes and hair on a chubby and well-endowed body. Most of the time she tries to live like a mortal, and only uses her abilities when necessary to save lives or reduce the suffering of those around her. Most of the time she is on the planet helping to build the town and repair the buildings that already exist, with her cottage being a little ways into the forest. When she needs supplies though she'll visit Eden to go shopping.