Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 07:40 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // trying to be subtle and I'm getting nowhere. Who even is on the planet, what about this Danu person?

// I have no idea how to introduce myself in here and it's getting very frustrating, I also have no idea what goes on what is acceptable magic or science, if there's even an actual system for magic to standardize it...

// sorry, most of the information was addressed as it came up and, as such, is scattered all over the place...
// we should really catalog the worldbuilding stuff somewhere.

// achroma, Surge, Syntax(one of my characters), you, and possibly one or three of Shaad's characters are up on the Eden. There's also Order and The Sergeant(two more of mine), neither of which are currently accessible. Pretty much everyone else is planetside in Village McVillageface(that unnamed village). Not sure if I missed anyone.
// if you want to try a different way in, you could run into Syntax if you wanted.
// ...literally or uh. The other thing. Metaphorically?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 08:28 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 07:40 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // trying to be subtle and I'm getting nowhere. Who even is on the planet, what about this Danu person?

// I have no idea how to introduce myself in here and it's getting very frustrating, I also have no idea what goes on what is acceptable magic or science, if there's even an actual system for magic to standardize it...

// sorry, most of the information was addressed as it came up and, as such, is scattered all over the place...
// we should really catalog the worldbuilding stuff somewhere.

// achroma, Surge, Syntax(one of my characters), you, and possibly one or three of Shaad's characters are up on the Eden. There's also Order and The Sergeant(two more of mine), neither of which are currently accessible. Pretty much everyone else is planetside in Village McVillageface(that unnamed village). Not sure if I missed anyone.
// if you want to try a different way in, you could run into Syntax if you wanted.
// ...literally or uh. The other thing. Metaphorically?
// very open ended here... and syntax?

(05-05-2016, 09:03 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // very open ended here... and syntax?

(05-05-2016, 08:28 PM)Umbra Wrote: Syntax(one of my characters)
// He's a Glitch. They're more futuristic here, but they've kept their basic facial structure.
// I'll be able to explain answer a few of tge things you asked about once I have computer access again, but that won't be for a while.

(05-05-2016, 09:09 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 09:03 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // very open ended here... and syntax?

(05-05-2016, 08:28 PM)Umbra Wrote: Syntax(one of my characters)
// He's a Glitch. They're more futuristic here, but they've kept their basic facial structure.
// I'll be able to explain answer a few of tge things you asked about once I have computer access again, but that won't be for a while.
*an approximately 6 foot tall figure covered almost completely in hooded and sleeveless cloak made from black scrap canvas approaches, their gait is incredibly smooth with a soft clink every step. They tap Syntax on the shoulder and speak in a smooth, mostly genderless, and slightly metallic voice*

Excuse me, do you know where I can find a shop dealing in scrap or spare mechanical parts around here?

(05-05-2016, 09:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *an approximately 6 foot tall figure covered almost completely in hooded and sleeveless cloak made from black scrap canvas approaches, their gait is incredibly smooth with a soft clink every step. They tap Syntax on the shoulder and speak in a smooth, mostly genderless, and slightly metallic voice*

Excuse me, do you know where I can find a shop dealing in scrap or spare mechanical parts around here?

"Huh?" Syntax turns to the mysterious figure.
"...Um. Hello, sir. Perhaps you should try the market?... I met a few dealers there."

(05-05-2016, 09:28 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 09:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *an approximately 6 foot tall figure covered almost completely in hooded and sleeveless cloak made from black scrap canvas approaches, their gait is incredibly smooth with a soft clink every step. They tap Syntax on the shoulder and speak in a smooth, mostly genderless, and slightly metallic voice*

"Huh?" Syntax turns to the mysterious figure.
"...Um. Hello, sir. Perhaps you should try the market?... I met a few dealers there."

I am not interested in just any old scrap, I am in need of... something better suited to, more high end needs...

*whispers* cybernetics grade, military would suffice

(05-05-2016, 09:35 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
I am not interested in just any old scrap, I am in need of... something better suited to, more high end needs...

"...And why are you asking me? I do not see why you would ask a stranger on the street about military equipment."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 01:59 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 01:53 AM)Umbra Wrote: // Anyway, it's about time I cue Shaadaris. I know he's around here.

// Surge and I have figured a thing out, in case you didn't know.
((*Crashes through wall on motorunicycle*
Consider me cued.))

"..."
"I will not guarentee I will tell you every detail, but I suppose I agree."
"I don't need to hear everything from two sources so I suppose that is acceptable. Now would you like to 'pay' upfront or shall I collect later?"
(seriously though if I manage 1 post a day like this I'll be doing well because as I said in the main thread I'm in bumfuck nowhere until Monday.)

(05-05-2016, 10:45 PM)Surge Wrote: "I don't need to hear everything from two sources so I suppose that is acceptable. Now would you like to 'pay' upfront or shall I collect later?"
(seriously though if I manage 1 post a day like this I'll be doing well because as I said in the main thread I'm in bumfuck nowhere until Monday.)

"We're in a hurry, so later, if you can manage that."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-06-2016

(05-05-2016, 09:41 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 09:35 PM)Rahizel Wrote:

"...And why are you asking me? I do not see why you would ask a stranger on the street about military equipment."
you're the first of your kind I've encountered, most aren't nearly as welcoming to an individual like myself. I decided to take a risk and trust you.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 12:31 AM)Rahizel Wrote: you're the first of your kind I've encountered, most aren't nearly as welcoming to an individual like myself. I decided to take a risk and trust you.

"...Interesting. Well, I cannot help you find what you are looking for."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-06-2016

"It's one of the shards off one of the beast things in the debacle a little while ago.  I cut all the tips off the one in the cage.  It's what made my ability...  Overload I guess when I scanned one of them.   It's not toxic though it feels dangerous somehow."  He still could not see, remaining sitting there.  

That was my specialty, not simply just some property of the crystal, rather one I brought forward.  Though it does seem to humm softly.  I can reshape things by touch and change them.  I'm an enchanter, and by extension, a dis-enchanter."

(05-06-2016, 02:09 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 12:31 AM)Rahizel Wrote: you're the first of your kind I've encountered, most aren't nearly as welcoming to an individual like myself. I decided to take a risk and trust you.

"...Interesting. Well, I cannot help you find what you are looking for."

[color=#2878C8]Can you at least point me in the right direction? I think this should be motivation.

*a 3 fingered mechanical hand pulls out a Geiger counter, said hand also has very long black and angular claws*
Watch...
*he turns it on and immediately it starts rapidly ticking as the display flashes*
2.6 grays, lethal is 3, and thats with the reactor shut off.

If it gets any higher and alarms will start going off.

(05-06-2016, 02:56 AM)Rahizel Wrote: Can you at least point me in the right direction? I think this should be motivation.

*a 3 fingered mechanical hand pulls out a Geiger counter, said hand also has very long black and angular claws*
Watch...
*he turns it on and immediately it starts rapidly ticking as the display flashes*

"...Is this a threat, or are you asking for help?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 02:53 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "It's one of the shards off one of the beast things in the debacle a little while ago.  I cut all the tips off the one in the cage.  It's what made my ability...  Overload I guess when I scanned one of them.   It's not toxic though it feels dangerous somehow."  He still could not see, remaining sitting there.  

That was my specialty, not simply just some property of the crystal, rather one I brought forward.  Though it does seem to humm softly.  I can reshape things by touch and change them.  I'm an enchanter, and by extension, a dis-enchanter."

"Those beasts were dangerous. Resistant to physical attacks meant the number of available defenders was severely limited. We were lucky to do as well as we did against them. Well enough that I ended up not doing anything besides being a bait."

(05-06-2016, 03:34 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 02:56 AM)Rahizel Wrote: Can you at least point me in the right direction? I think this should be motivation.

Watch...

"...Is this a threat, or are you asking for help?"
//sorry message didn't send last night
[color=#2878C8]I'm not stupid enough to threaten irradiation, I know all too well what it can do.

(05-06-2016, 02:34 PM)Rahizel Wrote: //sorry message didn't send last night
I'm not stupid enough to threaten irradiation, I know all too well what it can do.

"...If you really require help, then follow me."

(05-06-2016, 02:47 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 02:34 PM)Rahizel Wrote: //sorry message didn't send last night
I'm not stupid enough to threaten irradiation, I know all too well what it can do.

"...If you really require help, then follow me."
[color=#2878C8]*2 small jets jets of steam come from the ankles, its walking is now thunderous and loud as a combat walker*
Pneumatic suspension overheated again...

Where to?

(05-06-2016, 02:51 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *2 small jets jets of steam come from the ankles, its walking is now thunderous and loud as a combat walker*
Pneumatic suspension overheated again...

Where to?

"Engineering. I think I know someone that can help you."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 11:06 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 02:53 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "It's one of the shards off one of the beast things in the debacle a little while ago.  I cut all the tips off the one in the cage.  It's what made my ability...  Overload I guess when I scanned one of them.   It's not toxic though it feels dangerous somehow."  He still could not see, remaining sitting there.  

"Those beasts were dangerous. Resistant to physical attacks meant the number of available defenders was severely limited. We were lucky to do as well as we did against them. Well enough that I ended up not doing anything besides being a bait."

"Sounds...  Fun. What did the gem look like when I stretched it?  err.  Do you know if there is any way to get past the sight issue at all.  I can check later myself."

"They weren't actually attacking the town by the way, beasties I mean.  It's just that the guards were in the way, as were their job, while they were looking for that floatie guy, on other dark floatie guy's...  Orders?  Is that the right word?  Anyhow.  Would you be able to help the sight issue?"