Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 05:53 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 11:06 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Those beasts were dangerous. Resistant to physical attacks meant the number of available defenders was severely limited. We were lucky to do as well as we did against them. Well enough that I ended up not doing anything besides being a bait."

"Sounds...  Fun. What did the gem look like when I stretched it?  err.  Do you know if there is any way to get past the sight issue at all.  I can check later myself."

"They weren't actually attacking the town by the way, beasties I mean.  It's just that the guards were in the way, as were their job, while they were looking for that floatie guy, on other dark floatie guy's...  Orders?  Is that the right word?  Anyhow.  Would you be able to help the sight issue?"

"I think so. Uh, you probably will see stars and trippy patterns briefly while I do this. If you see a unicorn tell me at once."

She puts her hand on the back of his head, spreading her fingers gently until she finds the right connections. A warm sensation floods his mind and he loses his sense of reality, experiencing himself moving backwards through a white tunnel that soon opens out into a bright clear sky with all kinds of fantastic creatures on the planet below. Just before he hits the ground that was rushing up beneath him, his view is abruptly jolted back to the reality in front of him. Danu standing close beside him, her golden eyes shimmering slightly and that warm sensation from the start of it fading in and out as she checks her work.

"Looks like it would have cleared up on its own anyway. I simply made it happen faster for you."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-07-2016

(05-05-2016, 11:11 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 10:45 PM)Surge Wrote: "I don't need to hear everything from two sources so I suppose that is acceptable. Now would you like to 'pay' upfront or shall I collect later?"
(seriously though if I manage 1 post a day like this I'll be doing well because as I said in the main thread I'm in bumfuck nowhere until Monday.)

"We're in a hurry, so later, if you can manage that."
753 shrugs "time constraints are fairly minor things but very well. Just let me know when it is convenient for you to fulfill your end of our bargain, though you should make sure you eventually do. Now then before we depart. Neither of you has a weak stomach right?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 12:12 AM)Surge Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 11:11 PM)Umbra Wrote: "We're in a hurry, so later, if you can manage that."
753 shrugs "time constraints are fairly minor things but very well. Just let me know when it is convenient for you to fulfill your end of our bargain, though you should make sure you eventually do. Now then before we depart. Neither of you has a weak stomach right?"

"Not in the slightest."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 12:12 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 shrugs "time constraints are fairly minor things but very well. Just let me know when it is convenient for you to fulfill your end of our bargain, though you should make sure you eventually do. Now then before we depart. Neither of you has a weak stomach right?"

"...Last I checked, I didn't even have a stomach."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 12:38 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 12:12 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 shrugs "time constraints are fairly minor things but very well. Just let me know when it is convenient for you to fulfill your end of our bargain, though you should make sure you eventually do. Now then before we depart. Neither of you has a weak stomach right?"

"Not in the slightest."

(05-07-2016, 01:27 AM)Umbra Wrote:

"...Last I checked, I didn't even have a stomach."
(special second post!)
753 claps his hands together "wonderful! Please keep all appendages and thoughts inside the dimensional tunnel. Side effects may include disorientation, nausea, and horrible slow death!"
Before anybody has a chance to respond 3 person sized tears in reality swallow the group, plunging them through a surreal tunnel of some sort that assaults all of their senses simultaneously with barely restrained chaos. Shortly before the cumulative assault becomes too much to bear the tunnel abruptly deposits the group in the guard station(I actually forget where you guys needed to go...) closing behind them before anyone could have noticed. To anyone not looking directly at their new position as they arrived the group appears to have simply materialized out of thin air.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-07-2016

(05-04-2016, 09:38 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 09:10 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg lowered her head and sighed. "so, you need to get them, but there's nothing you can do for that. Great. Just great. First an existential crisis, now something that might be a real crisis and there's nothing to do about it..."

"Oh, well, one of the other Anomalies is helping. I'd be able to help if State wasn't such an worrywart."
"I am under direct orders and I do not intend to belay them, 46."
"Yes, I know. I can defend myself without changing, you know..."
"Direct orders."
Umbra sighs.
// I feel like I should make State's text brighter... I'm finding it kind of hard to read.

Gregor finally piped up after attempting to take it all in. "I've heard some weird stories during my life, but this one takes the cake. But if I can help out in any way, please let me know."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 01:51 AM)Surge Wrote: (special second post!)
753 claps his hands together "wonderful! Please keep all appendages and thoughts inside the dimensional tunnel. Side effects may include disorientation, nausea, and horrible slow death!"
Before anybody has a chance to respond 3 person sized tears in reality swallow the group, plunging them through a surreal tunnel of some sort that assaults all of their senses simultaneously with barely restrained chaos. Shortly before the cumulative assault becomes too much to bear the tunnel abruptly deposits the group in the guard station(I actually forget where you guys needed to go...) closing behind them before anyone could have noticed. To anyone not looking directly at their new position as they arrived the group appears to have simply materialized out of thin air.

// woo!
Empathy stumbles a little upon re-entry, bent over with his hands on his knees. He probably didn't take that trip very well.
The receptionist looks up at Empathy. "...Can I help you, sir?"
"y-Yeah, just... Give me a sec... Ugh..."

(05-07-2016, 03:19 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor finally piped up after attempting to take it all in. "I've heard some weird stories during my life, but this one takes the cake. But if I can help out in any way, please let me know."

"Well, I won't stop you... Just keep in mind that they're different versions of, uh... Anomaly-fied me, so they might be a bit hard to deal with if things get hostile."
"I will not stop you from helping, either. I will request, however, that you practice caution as 46 suggested and take care of yourself."
// Is that easier to read?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-08-2016

(05-07-2016, 01:51 AM)Surge Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 12:38 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Not in the slightest."

(05-07-2016, 01:27 AM)Umbra Wrote: "...Last I checked, I didn't even have a stomach."
(special second post!)

Ezekiel puts his hand over his good eye and his other over his ear when he exits the portal, crouching down in an attempt to keep his balance. "And I thought I would be used to nonsense like that..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-08-2016

(05-06-2016, 06:01 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 05:53 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Sounds...  Fun. What did the gem look like when I stretched it?  err.  Do you know if there is any way to get past the sight issue at all.  I can check later myself."

"They weren't actually attacking the town by the way, beasties I mean.  It's just that the guards were in the way, as were their job, while they were looking for that floatie guy, on other dark floatie guy's...  Orders?  Is that the right word?  Anyhow.  Would you be able to help the sight issue?"

"I think so. Uh, you probably will see stars and trippy patterns briefly while I do this. If you see a unicorn tell me at once."

She puts her hand on the back of his head, spreading her fingers gently until she finds the right connections. A warm sensation floods his mind and he loses his sense of reality, experiencing himself moving backwards through a white tunnel that soon opens out into a bright clear sky with all kinds of fantastic creatures on the planet below. Just before he hits the ground that was rushing up beneath him, his view is abruptly jolted back to the reality in front of him. Danu standing close beside him, her golden eyes shimmering slightly and that warm sensation from the start of it fading in and out as she checks her work.

"Looks like it would have cleared up on its own anyway. I simply made it happen faster for you."

"Ahhg."  He mumbled.  "I saw a lot more than that."  He moved his hand and blinked deeply.  His vision was flighty and temporarily distorted, and yet with a pass of his own hand the distortions faded returning his vision to normal.  "Much abliged.  Do I owe you anything?  because I don'..."  He finally turned to look at Danu.  And just laughed a bit.  Oh, the situations he managed to be in"Missing your leather sleeve I'm guessing?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-08-2016

(05-06-2016, 04:22 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 02:51 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *2 small jets jets of steam come from the ankles, its walking is now thunderous and loud as a combat walker*
Pneumatic suspension overheated again...

Where to?

"Engineering. I think I know someone that can help you."
Very well then, lead the way.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-08-2016

(05-08-2016, 03:16 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Ahhg."  He mumbled.  "I saw a lot more than that."  He moved his hand and blinked deeply.  His vision was flighty and temporarily distorted, and yet with a pass of his own hand the distortions faded returning his vision to normal.  "Much abliged.  Do I owe you anything?  because I don'..."  He finally turned to look at Danu.  And just laughed a bit.  Oh, the situations he managed to be in"Missing your leather sleeve I'm guessing?"

//tbh I wasn't sure on that, if the person that ended up with it would have handed it in to the guards or not. She did tell the guards it was missing so they would watch for it if it turned up. I figured she probably did get it back fairly quickly since any attempt to use its contents would get noticed.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-08-2016

(05-08-2016, 12:19 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Very well then, lead the way.

Syntax starts making his way through the crowd. Eventually, they come to a door labeled "Engineering." Inside is a dark, modern-looking reception area with an airlock-like door to the left of the counter.
"In here."
The Glitch leads the radioactive, possibly cybernetic being through the airlock door into the main Engineering complex. Various projects are being worked on of different kinds; there's even a half-finished suit of power armor at one of the unattended stations.
Syntax keeps walking toward an Avali napping in an office chair near one of the benches. There's an Avali-sized/fitted hazmat suit near them.

(05-08-2016, 03:41 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 12:19 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Very well then, lead the way.

Syntax starts making his way through the crowd. Eventually, they come to a door labeled "Engineering." Inside is a dark, modern-looking reception area with an airlock-like door to the left of the counter.
"In here."
The Glitch leads the radioactive, possibly cybernetic being through the airlock door into the main Engineering complex. Various projects are being worked on of different kinds; there's even a half-finished suit of power armor at one of the unattended stations.
Syntax keeps walking toward an Avali napping in an office chair near one of the benches. There's an Avali-sized/fitted hazmat suit near them.
*the somewhat hunched robed figure extends a large, gray blue and angular claw and taps on the table, recoiling as the noise was much louder than expected, they then softly say in a deeper metallic voice*
Excuse me, I need to browse your inventory, particularly the decommissioned micro fission generators and...
*ponders for a split second*
"Carbon based materials..." also a bit of privacy.

(05-08-2016, 03:55 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *the somewhat hunched robed figure extends a large, gray blue and angular claw and taps on the table, recoiling as the noise was much louder than expected, they then softly say in a deeper metallic voice*
Excuse me, I need to browse your inventory, particularly the decommissioned micro fission generators and...

"Mmngh... Huh... Wha?" The Avali examines the figure for a second. "Who're you?"
"He is a cybernetic being of some kind, and I think he is having some sort of power failure. He has... Not elaborated much about it."
"...Yeah, how do I know that's what's going on? Because I don't. He doesn't exactly look trustworthy, either."

// ...Hold on, I have to test something.
// 666, 169

(05-08-2016, 04:35 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 03:55 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *the somewhat hunched robed figure extends a large, gray blue and angular claw and taps on the table, recoiling as the noise was much louder than expected, they then softly say in a deeper metallic voice*

"Mmngh... Huh... Wha?" The Avali examines the figure for a second. "Who're you?"
"He is a cybernetic being of some kind, and I think he is having some sort of power failure. He has... Not elaborated much about it."
"...Yeah, how do I know that's what's going on? Because I don't. He doesn't exactly look trustworthy, either."

// ...Hold on, I have to test something.
// 666, 169
*drops enough credits to buy a new shuttle*

How much is your trust worth might I ask?

(05-08-2016, 04:46 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *drops enough credits to buy a new shuttle*

"A space station not blown up by a nuclear meltdown. I don't know who you are or what you need those things for, and if I give valuable materials to a mysterious man and it goes south, our bosses won't be happy."
"'Our?'"
"You're the one who brought him in, Syntax. If this goes badly, it's as much your fault as it is mine."
"So would you mind telling me what, exactly, you need fission generators and carbon fiber for?"

(05-08-2016, 05:40 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 04:46 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *drops enough credits to buy a new shuttle*

"A space station not blown up by a nuclear meltdown. I don't know who you are or what you need those things for, and if I give valuable materials to a mysterious man and it goes south, our bosses won't be happy."
"'Our?'"
"You're the one who brought him in, Syntax. If this goes badly, it's as much your fault as it is mine."
"So would you mind telling me what, exactly, you need fission generators and carbon fiber for?"
*the figure leans in slowly*
3 things... One, I need to salvage some core shielding. Two, reactors melt down not explode, they're designed to work slowly. Three...

*pulls out the Geiger counter and turns it on, instead of ticking it actually hums, displaying 2.9 Gy*

Meltdowns result in MUCH higher doses of radiation. I'm not the one who is in a rush, but anyone who bleeds around here will be coughing blood soon.I would not wish radiation poisoning on innocent people, therefore I beseech you to help me get what I want. You'll be compensated handsomely.

(05-08-2016, 06:05 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *the figure leans in slowly*
3 things... One, I need to salvage some core shielding. Two, reactors melt down not explode, they're designed to work slowly. Three...

*pulls out the Geiger counter and turns it on, instead of ticking it actually hums, displaying 2.9 Gy*

Meltdowns result in MUCH higher doses of radiation. I'm not the one who is in a rush, but anyone who bleeds around here will be coughing blood soon.I would not wish radiation poisoning on innocent people, therefore I beseech you to help me get what I want. You'll be compensated handsomely.

"...Right. Whatever. Let me just get that stuff..." The Avali hops out of its seat and heads back, likely to the storage area.
"Sorry about Khaali. She tends to be a little... Irritable."

(05-08-2016, 06:49 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 06:05 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *the figure leans in slowly*

"...Right. Whatever. Let me just get that stuff..." The Avali hops out of its seat and heads back, likely to the storage area.
"Sorry about Khaali. She tends to be a little... Irritable."
I understand, I am just in quite a predicament and I do not have time for pleasantries.

Though when time allows it I prefer to be proper and polite, to the best of my... limited knowledge.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-08-2016

(05-08-2016, 12:47 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 03:16 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Ahhg."  He mumbled.  "I saw a lot more than that."  He moved his hand and blinked deeply.  His vision was flighty and temporarily distorted, and yet with a pass of his own hand the distortions faded returning his vision to normal.  "Much abliged.  Do I owe you anything?  because I don'..."  He finally turned to look at Danu.  And just laughed a bit.  Oh, the situations he managed to be in"Missing your leather sleeve I'm guessing?"

//tbh I wasn't sure on that, if the person that ended up with it would have handed it in to the guards or not. She did tell the guards it was missing so they would watch for it if it turned up. I figured she probably did get it back fairly quickly since any attempt to use its contents would get noticed.

//The guards would call you soon with it once the random civilian gathered up the courage to turn it in to the guards.  They haven't yet.