Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 09:56 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *he wakes up at the base of the staircase*
Ughhh, same dream as always.
*he stretches and heads into the storeroom, and pulls out a jar of honey, a bottle of orange juice and air packed bread and enters the kitchen which is equips with basic cooking equptment and a furnished hard Wood floor*
I need to go find that white sprit thin again...
At least I saw where it supposedly lives
*he finishes breakfast and leaves the cave home and heads towards the enigmas house*

// well, here's the thing... The tree was visible from the area, but Umbra's house wasn't. Otherwise, it would have just teleported to the house.
// then again, he might have also seen Umbra turn into the Anomaly, so... Iunno.

(11-04-2015, 09:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Uh...some water, I guess." She walked over to one of the couches and sat down on it with a whump. "This is pretty nice...more furnished than my house, at least..."

"I've been here a while, and every now and then I put aside some of my paycheck for things like these couches... Oh, right, water." He heads into the kitchen and comes back with two cups of water- with ice. The other is probably for him. He sets one glass on a table in front of Wurg and sits down next to her, taking off his jacket to reveal a plain white shirt underneath.

Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-04-2015

// is literally nobody on the station? Not hearing an automated distress beacon pretty much jamming long range communications?

(11-04-2015, 10:20 PM)Marxon Wrote: // is literally nobody on the station? Not hearing an automated distress beacon pretty much jamming long range communications?

// I think everyone on the station (which I think is really just Surge and Shaad) isn't on right now...
// I can have word of it get to the guards division Umbra's a part of soon, though.

Quote:distress beacon pretty much jamming long range communications

// oh, wait...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 10:27 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 10:20 PM)Marxon Wrote: // is literally nobody on the station? Not hearing an automated distress beacon pretty much jamming long range communications?

// I think everyone on the station (which I think is really just Surge and Shaad) isn't on right now...
// I can have word of it get to the guards division Umbra's a part of soon, though.

Quote:distress beacon pretty much jamming long range communications

// oh, wait...
(I'm here but nobody is on the station so why should I bother?)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 10:30 PM)Surge Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 10:27 PM)Umbra Wrote: // I think everyone on the station (which I think is really just Surge and Shaad) isn't on right now...

// oh, wait...
(I'm here but nobody is on the station so why should I bother?)
// so why did we include a station if it's abandoned?

(11-04-2015, 10:33 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 10:30 PM)Surge Wrote: (I'm here but nobody is on the station so why should I bother?)
(because there needs to be a civilized place for all these wildly different people to cross paths in order to reach this small frontier colony you guys want)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 10:16 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 09:56 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *he wakes up at the base of the staircase*
Ughhh, same dream as always.
*he stretches and heads into the storeroom, and pulls out a jar of honey, a bottle of orange juice and air packed bread and enters the kitchen which is equips with basic cooking equptment and a furnished hard Wood floor*
I need to go find that white sprit thin again...
At least I saw where it supposedly lives
*he finishes breakfast and leaves the cave home and heads towards the enigmas house*

// well, here's the thing... The tree was visible from the area, but Umbra's house wasn't. Otherwise, it would have just teleported to the house.
// then again, he might have also seen Umbra turn into the Anomaly, so... Iunno.

(11-04-2015, 09:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Uh...some water, I guess." She walked over to one of the couches and sat down on it with a whump. "This is pretty nice...more furnished than my house, at least..."

"I've been here a while, and every now and then I put aside some of my paycheck for things like these couches... Oh, right, water." He heads into the kitchen and comes back with two cups of water- with ice. The other is probably for him. He sets one glass on a table in front of Wurg and sits down next to her, taking off his jacket to reveal a plain white shirt underneath.

"Ah, thank you." She grabbed the glass of water, and took a sip. "...That feels weird..." Wurg just shrugged. "Anyways, so...I just wanted to talk about...that dream, maybe?"

(11-04-2015, 10:33 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 10:30 PM)Surge Wrote: (I'm here but nobody is on the station so why should I bother?)

// because some people wanted a station and others wanted a planet.
// it's not abandoned, though- NPCs exist.

(11-04-2015, 10:36 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Ah, thank you." She grabbed the glass of water, and took a sip. "...That feels weird..." Wurg just shrugged. "Anyways, so...I just wanted to talk about...that dream, maybe?"

Umbra scoots a little farther away so it's not as uncomfortable.
"I guess... Where did you want to start?"

(11-04-2015, 10:36 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 10:33 PM)Marxon Wrote: // so why did we include a station if it's abandoned?

// because some people wanted a station and others wanted a planet.
// it's not abandoned, though- NPCs exist.
Hmmm, maybe I need something more noticable, I wonder what kind of firepower this has.

*pauses the recorder to look through the systems, and comes across the control systems for the main gun, or guns*

Why does a frigate need a massive gyroscopic stabilizer, frigging massive gimballed thrusters, close to a thousand lo yield nuclear missiles an- holy shit thats a big main gun, 3 hypervelocity coilguns in a rotary configuration taking up half the internal volume of the ship!

This seems to be a tailor made bombardment vessel, meant to obliberate capital class vessels. Point defense and CIWS systems are junk, so it was probably crippled by fighters, anyways... lets set off some fireworks.

*launches a salvo of 5 missiles and sets them to detonate midway between the ship and the station, the resulting blasts could be seen from the surface if one was looking that way, but it's not nearly enough to light up the whole sky*

("I need people to come up to the station...I know! I'll perform a terrorist attack that will probably result in the station briefly halting all travel to and from the station while they investigate!")

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Penguin - 11-04-2015

Long after the resting, he waits on the corner of a building, rather bored.

"Ugghh. Bloody hell, thought my job would be able to relieve some of this boredom.. Maybe If I had memory of events, life might be a TAD bit more exciting."

(11-04-2015, 10:46 PM)Marxon Wrote: [EXPLOSIONS]

Umbra's ears twitch and eyes widen when he hears the distant explosions.
"Uh... Wurg?... I might have to take a rain check on that talk..."

(11-04-2015, 11:02 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"...Uh, alright then. Can I, uh, hang out here maybe?"

(11-04-2015, 11:03 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...Uh, alright then. Can I, uh, hang out here maybe?"

"Yeah, yeah, just don't break anything, you know?" He grabs his jacket and a T-shaped metal device off a rack near the door. "Oh, and... Don't touch those, okay?" He points to the sword and spear hanging on the wall. "They're deceptively dangerous." He heads out the door and runs towards the local guards' station.

(11-04-2015, 11:11 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 11:03 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...Uh, alright then. Can I, uh, hang out here maybe?"

"Yeah, yeah, just don't break anything, you know?" He grabs his jacket and a T-shaped metal device off a rack near the door. "Oh, and... Don't touch those, okay?" He points to the sword and spear hanging on the wall. "They're deceptively dangerous." He heads out the door and runs towards the local guards' station.

"Alright then, good luck with...whatever it is!"

(11-04-2015, 11:02 PM)Umbra Wrote:

//you can't hear space explosions, but you can see them

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-04-2015

*Austin is organizing, placing, and pricing stock for his store. he'll be inside today but feel free to visit, he leaves the door unlocked when he's awake.*

(11-04-2015, 11:20 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 11:02 PM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra's ears twitch and eyes widen when he hears the distant explosions.
//you can't hear space explosions, but you can see them

// didn't you crash-land, though?
// and if that's the case, then Umbra wouldn't be en route, which is close enough to what you want.

(11-04-2015, 11:27 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 11:20 PM)Marxon Wrote: //you can't hear space explosions, but you can see them

// didn't you crash-land, though?
// and if that's the case, then Umbra wouldn't be en route, which is close enough to what you want.
// well theres a chance a dull thud would be heard, and the ship is in geostationary orbit, which is far out

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-05-2015

(11-04-2015, 11:41 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 11:27 PM)Umbra Wrote: // didn't you crash-land, though?
// well theres a chance a dull thud would be heard, and the ship is in geostationary orbit, which is far out

// would it be audible inside a house on the surface, though?
// if so, we can just assume Umbra looked outside and saw the explosion before asking Wurg if they could talk later.