Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-09-2016

(05-07-2016, 04:18 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 01:51 AM)Surge Wrote: (special second post!)
753 claps his hands together "wonderful! Please keep all appendages and thoughts inside the dimensional tunnel. Side effects may include disorientation, nausea, and horrible slow death!"
Before anybody has a chance to respond 3 person sized tears in reality swallow the group, plunging them through a surreal tunnel of some sort that assaults all of their senses simultaneously with barely restrained chaos. Shortly before the cumulative assault becomes too much to bear the tunnel abruptly deposits the group in the guard station(I actually forget where you guys needed to go...) closing behind them before anyone could have noticed. To anyone not looking directly at their new position as they arrived the group appears to have simply materialized out of thin air.

// woo!
Empathy stumbles a little upon re-entry, bent over with his hands on his knees. He probably didn't take that trip very well.
The receptionist looks up at Empathy. "...Can I help you, sir?"
"y-Yeah, just... Give me a sec... Ugh..."

(05-07-2016, 03:19 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor finally piped up after attempting to take it all in. "I've heard some weird stories during my life, but this one takes the cake. But if I can help out in any way, please let me know."

"Well, I won't stop you... Just keep in mind that they're different versions of, uh... Anomaly-fied me, so they might be a bit hard to deal with if things get hostile."
"I will not stop you from helping, either. I will request, however, that you practice caution as 46 suggested and take care of yourself."
// Is that easier to read?

(05-08-2016, 02:35 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 01:51 AM)Surge Wrote: (special second post!)
753 claps his hands together "wonderful! Please keep all appendages and thoughts inside the dimensional tunnel. Side effects may include disorientation, nausea, and horrible slow death!"
Before anybody has a chance to respond 3 person sized tears in reality swallow the group, plunging them through a surreal tunnel of some sort that assaults all of their senses simultaneously with barely restrained chaos. Shortly before the cumulative assault becomes too much to bear the tunnel abruptly deposits the group in the guard station(I actually forget where you guys needed to go...) closing behind them before anyone could have noticed. To anyone not looking directly at their new position as they arrived the group appears to have simply materialized out of thin air.

Ezekiel puts his hand over his good eye and his other over his ear when he exits the portal, crouching down in an attempt to keep his balance. "And I thought I would be used to nonsense like that..."
753 seems none the worse from the trip, standing behind the two as he waits for them to go about their business.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-09-2016

(05-08-2016, 03:16 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 06:01 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I think so. Uh, you probably will see stars and trippy patterns briefly while I do this. If you see a unicorn tell me at once."

She puts her hand on the back of his head, spreading her fingers gently until she finds the right connections. A warm sensation floods his mind and he loses his sense of reality, experiencing himself moving backwards through a white tunnel that soon opens out into a bright clear sky with all kinds of fantastic creatures on the planet below. Just before he hits the ground that was rushing up beneath him, his view is abruptly jolted back to the reality in front of him. Danu standing close beside him, her golden eyes shimmering slightly and that warm sensation from the start of it fading in and out as she checks her work.

"Looks like it would have cleared up on its own anyway. I simply made it happen faster for you."

"Ahhg."  He mumbled.  "I saw a lot more than that."  He moved his hand and blinked deeply.  His vision was flighty and temporarily distorted, and yet with a pass of his own hand the distortions faded returning his vision to normal.  "Much abliged.  Do I owe you anything?  because I don'..."  He finally turned to look at Danu.  And just laughed a bit.  Oh, the situations he managed to be in"Missing your leather sleeve I'm guessing?"

"Oh? How'd you know about that. I told the guards about it as soon as I noticed, but so far nobody has come forward with info. Could it be you know something?" 

Danu smirks. He had just caught himself good.

"I wasn't going to ask you for anything, helping people is just what I do. But I really need that back, since it has my ID and shuttle pass in it. Can you tell me what you know about where it went?" 

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-09-2016

"Oh. Guards should have it soon. Some random citizen has it as far as I know. I was bored so I took it while you were predisposed with standing there agape. You seem to glow a bit after all, Figured it would make for an interesting day. And so it has." He bowed with a flourish of one hand.

"Don't worry, it'll all be in there. Otherwise I'd have not taken it. Making enemies is far from a choice I wish to make. Especially powerful enemies." And he pulled the gem out repeating what he had former, without casting his focus sight.

"Ahh. So that's what made you wince." He pocketed it once more checking he still had his satchel with him.

"But, many thanks. I owe you a favor later. I trust you to use it for the best of all."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-09-2016

(05-08-2016, 06:57 PM)Rahizel Wrote: I understand, I am just in quite a predicament and I do not have time for pleasantries.

Though when time allows it I prefer to be proper and polite, to the best of my... limited knowledge.

Khaali comes back, dragging a sack of the materials requested behind her.
"Again, this better not go sour."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 04:22 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 06:57 PM)Rahizel Wrote: I understand, I am just in quite a predicament and I do not have time for pleasantries.

Though when time allows it I prefer to be proper and polite, to the best of my... limited knowledge.

Khaali comes back, dragging a sack of the materials requested behind her.
"Again, this better not go sour."
Appreciated, now I need some privacy...

Know where I can get that?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 02:08 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Oh.  Guards should have it soon.  Some random citizen has it as far as I know.  I was bored so I took it while you were predisposed with standing there agape.  You seem to glow a bit after all,  Figured it would make for an interesting day.  And so it has."  He bowed with a flourish of one hand.  

"Don't worry, it'll all be in there.  Otherwise I'd have not taken it.  Making enemies is far from a choice I wish to make.  Especially powerful enemies."  And he pulled the gem out repeating what he had former, without casting his focus sight.  

"Ahh.  So that's what made you wince."  He pocketed it once more checking he still had his satchel with him.  

"But, many thanks.  I owe you a favor later.  I trust you to use it for the best of all."

"No worries. I try not to ask for too much. If you see that person again who has my wallet can you send them my way? I'd appreciate having it back. For now though I've got work to do, it was nice to meet you."

(05-09-2016, 12:47 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 seems none the worse from the trip, standing behind the two as he waits for them to go about their business.

Empathy recovers and walks up to the counter.
"Sorry about that... A yellow Anomaly was just here, right? Where'd he go?"
"Oh, The Sergeant had me send him in."
"Oh, no. I need to get in, too. May I?"
"If he's not expecting you, I can't let you go in."
A voice speaks up from a speaker on the desk.
"No, no! Let them come in! Er... Have them bring the robot, too."
"...Never mind. Go ahead, sir." The receptionist goes back to... Whatever they were doing.

(05-09-2016, 04:23 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Appreciated, now I need some privacy...

"Just lock yourself in the bathroom or something. It's down the hall."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 06:20 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 12:47 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 seems none the worse from the trip, standing behind the two as he waits for them to go about their business.

"...Never mind. Go ahead, sir." The receptionist goes back to... Whatever they were doing.

(05-09-2016, 04:23 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Appreciated, now I need some privacy...

"Just lock yourself in the bathroom or something. It's down the hall."
*does so, soon the sound of some sort of blowtorch starts, along with the sound of an angle grinder*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 06:20 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"Ughn..." Ezekiel stands up and turns back to Empathy, wobbling a bit before steadying himself. "So who exactly is the Sergeant? I have heard nothing but rumors about him."

(05-09-2016, 10:14 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Ughn..." Ezekiel stands up and turns back to Empathy, wobbling a bit before steadying himself. "So who exactly is the Sergeant? I have heard nothing but rumors about him."

"Not only is he the head of the Guard, but he's also the most powerful of them. He's rarely seen in public, and only a few people- I think the head of the Magus Bureau is one of them- know his real name."

(05-09-2016, 10:28 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 10:14 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Ughn..." Ezekiel stands up and turns back to Empathy, wobbling a bit before steadying himself. "So who exactly is the Sergeant? I have heard nothing but rumors about him."

"Not only is he the head of the Guard, but he's also the most powerful of them. He's rarely seen in public, and only a few people- I think the head of the Magus Bureau is one of them- know his real name."

"Well that is nothing if not shady..."

(05-09-2016, 10:36 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Well that is nothing if not shady..."

"Yeah, Umbra's wondered on more than one occasion about his past... Not sure why it's kept a secret. He's a nice man, though- only uses his resources and abilities for good."

(05-09-2016, 10:46 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 10:36 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Well that is nothing if not shady..."

"Yeah, Umbra's wondered on more than one occasion about his past... Not sure why it's kept a secret. He's a nice man, though- only uses his resources and abilities for good."

"Mmm..."

(05-09-2016, 11:06 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Mmm..."

"You ready to go meet him? Order's already in there, and it might not take long for something bad to happen..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-10-2016

(05-09-2016, 11:48 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 11:06 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Mmm..."

"You ready to go meet him? Order's already in there, and it might not take long for something bad to happen..."

"As ready as I will ever be, I suppose."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-10-2016

(05-09-2016, 10:28 PM)Umbra Wrote:

*is making quite the racket in the room he's in, and taking some time*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 05:09 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *is making quite the racket in the room he's in, and taking some time*

Khaali knocks on the door.
"You all right in there?"

(05-10-2016, 12:37 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "As ready as I will ever be, I suppose."

"Right. Are you coming, 753? The Sergeant asked for you, too."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 05:54 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 05:09 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *is making quite the racket in the room he's in, and taking some time*

753 laughed "I don't attend meetings, I arrange them. I'll see him when I wish to, and I think he understands that nothing he can do will change that. In fact I suspect I've lingered here long enough, I'll return later since we do have a deal you need to fulfill, but for the moment I will stay busy." 753 calmly waves and vanishes into another portal. (also for the record I can't respond to messages during breaks today. No replies until 12 my time.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 06:03 PM)Surge Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 05:54 PM)Umbra Wrote: Khaali knocks on the door.

753 laughed "I don't attend meetings, I arrange them. I'll see him when I wish to, and I think he understands that nothing he can do will change that. In fact I suspect I've lingered here long enough, I'll return later since we do have a deal you need to fulfill, but for the moment I will stay busy." 753 calmly waves and vanishes into another portal. (also for the record I can't respond to messages during breaks today. No replies until 12 my time.)

// mmk.
"Hm. Well, I guess it's time to head in... The entrance to his office is this way." Empathy starts leading Ezekiel on foot.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 05:54 PM)Umbra Wrote:

*the sound of metal creaking followed by a snap is heard, like a pipe burst*