Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-10-2016

(05-07-2016, 04:18 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Well, I won't stop you... Just keep in mind that they're different versions of, uh... Anomaly-fied me, so they might be a bit hard to deal with if things get hostile."
"I will not stop you from helping, either. I will request, however, that you practice caution as 46 suggested and take care of yourself."
// Is that easier to read?

// Yeah.

"So these 'Anomalies'... What are they, exactly?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 10:09 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *the sound of metal creaking followed by a snap is heard, like a pipe burst*

"Hey! You okay? Need me to send Syntax in?"

(05-10-2016, 10:10 PM)Comito Wrote: "So these 'Anomalies'... What are they, exactly?"

"You saw that white ghost thing, right? That was me. The other ghost things are... Well, it's complicated. 'Anomaly' is just what the scientists named my species after they found me, since, well... I was the only one up to this point."
"Some of the High Guards- myself included- try to make 46 feel at home, since he has no other family here."
"Yeah, it... It gets pretty lonely sometimes."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 06:15 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 06:03 PM)Surge Wrote: 753 laughed "I don't attend meetings, I arrange them. I'll see him when I wish to, and I think he understands that nothing he can do will change that. In fact I suspect I've lingered here long enough, I'll return later since we do have a deal you need to fulfill, but for the moment I will stay busy." 753 calmly waves and vanishes into another portal. (also for the record I can't respond to messages during breaks today. No replies until 12 my time.)

// mmk.
"Hm. Well, I guess it's time to head in... The entrance to his office is this way." Empathy starts leading Ezekiel on foot.

"...Is there anything I should know about the Sergeant before I meet him?" Ezekiel asks as he follows.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-11-2016

(05-10-2016, 11:23 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "...Is there anything I should know about the Sergeant before I meet him?" Ezekiel asks as he follows.

"Nothing that comes to mind... Wait. Actually. Yes."
"Watch what you think."

Empathy stops at a set of double doors.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 12:44 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 11:23 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "...Is there anything I should know about the Sergeant before I meet him?" Ezekiel asks as he follows.

"Nothing that comes to mind... Wait. Actually. Yes."
"Watch what you think."

Empathy stops at a set of double doors.

"...What I think. Well noted."

(05-11-2016, 01:10 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "...What I think. Well noted."

"Yeah, so... Try not to think of snide comments. Anyway."
Empathy pushes open the double doors. The interior of The Sergeant's office consists of a long room with a red, silver-trimmed carpet leading up to his desk. The walls on either side of the room are taken up by shelves and displays housing various medals, trinkets, uniforms, and so forth. There's an entire suit of old-looking power armor in one place.
At the end of the room, the desk is overlooked by two silver swords crossed behind a shield bearing the Guard emblem: a sword behind a cross-emblem shield. A yellow Anomaly with white trim is already speaking with The Sergeant.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-11-2016

(05-10-2016, 10:27 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 10:09 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *the sound of metal creaking followed by a snap is heard, like a pipe burst*

"Hey! You okay? Need me to send Syntax in?"

(05-10-2016, 10:10 PM)Comito Wrote: "So these 'Anomalies'... What are they, exactly?"

"You saw that white ghost thing, right? That was me. The other ghost things are... Well, it's complicated. 'Anomaly' is just what the scientists named my species after they found me, since, well... I was the only one up to this point."
"Some of the High Guards- myself included- try to make 46 feel at home, since he has no other family here."
"Yeah, it... It gets pretty lonely sometimes."
*talking to itself in a thunderous deep voice* off with you hobbling apparatus!
*something very heavy duty creaks then snaps 7 times in rapid succession, like something being yanked free*

(05-11-2016, 01:21 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 01:10 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "...What I think. Well noted."

"Yeah, so... Try not to think of snide comments. Anyway."
Empathy pushes open the double doors. The interior of The Sergeant's office consists of a long room with a red, silver-trimmed carpet leading up to his desk. The walls on either side of the room are taken up by shelves and displays housing various medals, trinkets, uniforms, and so forth. There's an entire suit of old-looking power armor in one place.
At the end of the room, the desk is overlooked by two silver swords crossed behind a shield bearing the Guard emblem: a sword behind a cross-emblem shield. A yellow Anomaly with white trim is already speaking with The Sergeant.

Judging by the decor he's the proud-to-be-a-warrior type... Brilliant... And there's Order. How much does he know about what's going on? Wait no, shut up. Imagine static. No thinking. Or, obviously thinking, just less thinking. Don't think of anything bad.
A number of men and women who look similar to me kick down the door. "WE FOUND EZVRAEL!" one yells as he lunges with a sword made of a pitch-black metal I developed. Pain. PAIN PAIN PAIN PAIN PAIN. Blood running down my face. Still alive though. I sweep my leg and he falls on his back. I run. PAIN. PAIN. I open my eye and blood gushes out where it has no right coming from. PAIN. It doesn't matter anyway, they're all dead. Why am I even running? I'm dead. Everyone's dead. Nobody will survive this. Everything will be destroyed. At least the Archeons shouldn't survive either. They can't meddle with any other people's lives. One month left. Then it's all gone. DAMNIT. EVERY TIME I DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT. ARGH! STOP. THINK STATIC. NO MEMORIES. STATIC. What's even happening? How long have I been in the room? Everyone's in the same place. Must not have been long... Static, static, think nothing, clear mind, stop thinking, stop... Static and white noise. The occasional flicker of a thought but mostly blocked by interference.

Ezekiel winces slightly, and steps into the room, standing to the side while waiting for Order and the Sergeant to finish their conversation.
He glances in Empathy's direction and mutters under his breath "next time you want me not to think of anything, please do not tell me. I will take the chance of insulting the telepath."

(05-11-2016, 01:45 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Judging by the decor he's the proud-to-be-a-warrior type... Brilliant... And there's Order. How much does he know about what's going on? Wait no, shut up. Imagine static. No thinking. Or, obviously thinking, just less thinking. Don't think of anything bad.
A number of men and women who look similar to me kick down the door. "WE FOUND EZVRAEL!" one yells as he lunges with a sword made of a pitch-black metal I developed. Pain. PAIN PAIN PAIN PAIN PAIN. Blood running down my face. Still alive though. I sweep my leg and he falls on his back. I run. PAIN. PAIN. I open my eye and blood gushes out where it has no right coming from. PAIN. It doesn't matter anyway, they're all dead. Why am I even running? I'm dead. Everyone's dead. Nobody will survive this. Everything will be destroyed. At least the Archeons shouldn't survive either. They can't meddle with any other people's lives. One month left. Then it's all gone. DAMNIT. EVERY TIME I DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT. ARGH! STOP. THINK STATIC. NO MEMORIES. STATIC. What's even happening? How long have I been in the room? Everyone's in the same place. Must not have been long... Static, static, think nothing, clear mind, stop thinking, stop... Static and white noise. The occasional flicker of a thought but mostly blocked by interference.

Ezekiel winces slightly, and steps into the room, standing to the side while waiting for Order and the Sergeant to finish their conversation.
He glances in Empathy's direction and mutters under his breath "next time you want me not to think of anything, please do not tell me. I will take the chance of insulting the telepath."

"Huh? What... Actually, never mind. Sorry."
"Ah, you must be Empathy. Come on up." The Sergeant is definitely... Older than he sounded over comm. His hair is short and greyish-white with a beard to match, with an eyepatch over his left eye. He definitely looks like a commander of some sort, but his uniform doesn't have any medals pinned to it; they're presumably on display somewhere on the shelves.
Empathy starts walking forward. "Please tell me Order hasn't caused any trouble."
"No, no, he's quite fine. Where's that robot?... 753, was it?"
"He decided not to come."
"Ah, very well... Not much I can do about that. A real shame, too. I was hoping to meet him..." He looks down the room at Ezekiel. "Ah, right. Hello there, mister...?"

(05-11-2016, 01:36 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *talking to itself in a thunderous deep voice* off with you hobbling apparatus!
*something very heavy duty creaks then snaps 7 times in rapid succession, like something being yanked free*

"...Yeah, don't think I want a part of this. Syntax! Get over here!"
Somewhat loud footsteps are heard outside the door.
"Help him out if he needs anything. I'm gonna get back to that nap."
"Er... Okay."

(05-11-2016, 03:31 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 01:45 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Judging by the decor he's the proud-to-be-a-warrior type... Brilliant... And there's Order. How much does he know about what's going on? Wait no, shut up. Imagine static. No thinking. Or, obviously thinking, just less thinking. Don't think of anything bad.

"Ah, you must be Empathy. Come on up." The Sergeant is definitely... Older than he sounded over comm. His hair is short and greyish-white with a beard to match, with an eyepatch over his left eye. He definitely looks like a commander of some sort, but his uniform doesn't have any medals pinned to it; they're presumably on display somewhere on the shelves.
Empathy starts walking forward. "Please tell me Order hasn't caused any trouble."
"Ah, very well... Not much I can do about that. A real shame, too. I was hoping to meet him..." He looks down the room at Ezekiel. "Ah, right. Hello there, mister...?"

"Ezekiel Vketunr." He eyes the Sergeant suspiciously.
You probably already knew that, though, didn't you?
"I am an acquaintance of Umbra and, by extension I suppose, these two."

(05-11-2016, 03:31 AM)Umbra Wrote:

(05-11-2016, 01:36 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *talking to itself in a thunderous deep voice* off with you hobbling apparatus!

"...Yeah, don't think I want a part of this. Syntax! Get over here!"
Somewhat loud footsteps are heard outside the door.
"Help him out if he needs anything. I'm gonna get back to that nap."
"Er... Okay."
*the door slowly opens, the robed figure comes out holding what looks like a pneumatic piston driven exoskeleton*
You can have this...

*the face is slightly visible for a second, two large black eyes and some sort of silvery skin*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-11-2016

Danu smiles as she turns, and makes her way upstairs in the hospital to fix the plumbing that she had been called in to repair. Of course, there were a few more little fixes along the way for things that medicine has difficulty taking care of, and a lot of happy people in the hospital as a result.

(05-11-2016, 05:10 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Ezekiel Vketunr." He eyes the Sergeant suspiciously.

"...Right. Come on up, then."

Rahizel Wrote: *the door slowly opens, the robed figure comes out holding what looks like a pneumatic piston driven exoskeleton*
You can have this...

*the face is slightly visible for a second, two large black eyes and some sort of silvery skin*

"...Um. Sure." Syntax accepts the frame.

(05-11-2016, 04:26 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 05:10 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Ezekiel Vketunr." He eyes the Sergeant suspiciously.

Rahizel Wrote: *the door slowly opens, the robed figure comes out holding what looks like a pneumatic piston driven exoskeleton*
You can have this...

"...Um. Sure." Syntax accepts the frame.
So, what can one do for money around here?

Excuse me Avali, can I ask a few questions before you depart?

(05-11-2016, 04:40 PM)Rahizel Wrote: So, what can one do for money around here?

(05-11-2016, 06:39 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Excuse me Avali, can I ask a few questions before you depart?

Khaali exasperatedly sighs. "I'm not going anywhere, so. Fire away."

(05-11-2016, 08:02 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 04:40 PM)Rahizel Wrote: So, what can one do for money around here?

(05-11-2016, 06:39 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Excuse me Avali, can I ask a few questions before you depart?

Khaali exasperatedly sighs. "I'm not going anywhere, so. Fire away."
*it stands up straight, providing a more imposing figure contrasted by its gentle tone*

Would you happen to have any work available for someone of my skills?

I'm a bit of an, expert... at metalworking and salvage. Would you like a demonstration?

(05-11-2016, 08:22 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *it stands up straight, providing a more imposing figure contrasted by its gentle tone*

I'm a bit of an, expert... at metalworking and salvage. Would you like a demonstration?

"Depends. You'd have to ask for an interview. I'm not in charge of hiring people. Feel free to demonstrate if it doesn't involve breaking anything."

(05-11-2016, 08:28 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 08:22 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *it stands up straight, providing a more imposing figure contrasted by its gentle tone*

"Depends. You'd have to ask for an interview. I'm not in charge of hiring people. Feel free to demonstrate if it doesn't involve breaking anything."
*it rolls it's broad shoulders and reveals it's hands, they look like highly advanced, possibly military grade avali styled cybernetics, the large claws are grey blue in color. The left one is starting to distort the light around it, the other holds out a 1/2 inch steel cube*

This, is a cube, it's simple, durable, but useless in its current state...

*it touches it with a claw from the left hand, the steel immediately glows red and is slowly cut in half. Part of it is slowly molded into a ring and 3 parts are extruded out and the glowing metal is fashioned into 3 feather shapes*

Alright...

*turns the other half into a long rod, then starts rapidly converting it into pieces of linked chain with mechanical precision, looping it through a small hole in the loop. Once it's satisfied it blows a jet of what seems to be liquid nitrogen on it. In 2 minutes a cube of raw steel into a necklace, complete with intricate details on the feathers and beveled edges on the ring*

I believe I just multiplied the value of this steel greatly. I'm also adept at salvage, especially derelict spacecraft. Consider it?

*holds out the necklace*

Take it, it's cooled off.

(05-11-2016, 04:26 PM)Umbra Wrote:

Ezekiel walks up to the desk but maintains more than an arm-and-then-some's reach from the Sergeant.
"So... What now?"