Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-11-2016

*scratching at the door near Syntax*
oh no...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 09:54 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [color=#COCOCO]*scratching at the door near Syntax* [/color]
oh no...

((Pro tip: O is not a valid hexidecimal character.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 10:07 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 09:54 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [color=#COCOCO]*scratching at the door near Syntax* [/color]
oh no...

((Pro tip: O is not a valid hexidecimal character.))
// I'm tired leave me alone

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 09:02 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Ezekiel walks up to the desk but maintains more than an arm-and-then-some's reach from the Sergeant.
"So... What now?"

"I assumed Empathy had business here?"
"Yes, I'm taking order back down."
"What? No!"
"What do you mean, 'No?' There's an insane Anomaly on the loose other than Chaos and Umbra needs our help!"
"Umbra? Hmph! He doesn't have nearly enough skill to be a part of the Guard! If it weren't for his limitations, I would have beaten this 'Sergeant' in that 'inductory test' of his!"

"You do realize that beating me in an impromptu sparring match would have had no rewards whatsoever."
Order turns toward the Sergeant. "I've never been defeated in single combat before, and I can barely stand that I have." He turns back to Empathy. "I'm not going back, and you can't stop me."
The Sergeant sighs and looks toward Empathy. "You need to take him back for... What, exactly?"
"Umbra lost his Anomaly form as an effect of the black Anomaly's attack."
"Ah, yes, Paladin Seven debriefed me on that... And you need this 'Order' to restore it?"
"And two others, yes. I'm afraid we won't make much progress against this new threat if we don't restore Umbra's other body."
"...I see." The Sergeant gets up from his seat. "Order. If you want a second chance at facing me, I will grant it under one condition. If you lose, you must go back to the surface with Empathy."
Order scoffs. "Gladly. You've got yourself a deal."
"Ezekiel, Empathy... You two might want to stand back a little. Order, back up farther down the room and we will begin."

(05-11-2016, 09:01 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *it rolls it's broad shoulders and reveals it's hands, they look like highly advanced, possibly military grade avali styled cybernetics, the large claws are grey blue in color. The left one is starting to distort the light around it, the other holds out a 1/2 inch steel cube*

This, is a cube, it's simple, durable, but useless in its current state...

*it touches it with a claw from the left hand, the steel immediately glows red and is slowly cut in half. Part of it is slowly molded into a ring and 3 parts are extruded out and the glowing metal is fashioned into 3 feather shapes*

Alright...

*turns the other half into a long rod, then starts rapidly converting it into pieces of linked chain with mechanical precision, looping it through a small hole in the loop. Once it's satisfied it blows a jet of what seems to be liquid nitrogen on it. In 2 minutes a cube of raw steel into a necklace, complete with intricate details on the feathers and beveled edges on the ring*

I believe I just multiplied the value of this steel greatly. I'm also adept at salvage, especially derelict spacecraft. Consider it?

*holds out the necklace*

Take it, it's cooled off.

Khaali takes the necklace. "Again, you'll have to interview. "I can't hire people on the fly because I'm the power source Avali. Some of the other metalworkers might take you in, but we use a lot of 3D printing. You'll have to convince them that that technology of yours is superior."

(05-11-2016, 09:54 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *scratching at the door near Syntax*
oh no...

Syntax looks back at the bathroom door.
"...Oh no?"
"Dammit, I knew this would go south..."

(05-11-2016, 10:19 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 09:02 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Ezekiel walks up to the desk but maintains more than an arm-and-then-some's reach from the Sergeant.
"So... What now?"

"What? No!"
"What do you mean, 'No?' There's an insane Anomaly on the loose other than Chaos and Umbra needs our help!"
"Umbra? Hmph! He doesn't have nearly enough skill to be a part of the Guard! If it weren't for his limitations, I would have beaten this 'Sergeant' in that 'inductory test' of his!"

"You do realize that beating me in an impromptu sparring match would have had no rewards whatsoever."
Order turns toward the Sergeant. "I've never been defeated in single combat before, and I can barely stand that I have." He turns back to Empathy. "I'm not going back, and you can't stop me."
The Sergeant sighs and looks toward Empathy. "You need to take him back for... What, exactly?"
"Ah, yes, Paladin Seven debriefed me on that... And you need this 'Order' to restore it?"
"And two others, yes. I'm afraid we won't make much progress against this new threat if we don't restore Umbra's other body."
"...I see." The Sergeant gets up from his seat. "Order. If you want a second chance at facing me, I will grant it under one condition. If you lose, you must go back to the surface with Empathy."
"Ezekiel, Empathy... You two might want to stand back a little. Order, back up farther down the room and we will begin."

Ezekiel gets as far back in the room as he possibly can and remains pressed against the wall. "I have no idea what either of you are capable of. 'Back a little' is not enough."

(05-11-2016, 11:10 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Ezekiel gets as far back in the room as he possibly can and remains pressed against the wall. "I have no idea what either of you are capable of. 'Back a little' is not enough."

"Suit yourself."
Order summons a him-colored hammer that heavily hits the floor, then picks it up in both hands. "Ready when you are."
"Very well."
Three identical, cylindrical objects and two spherical ones fly off the shelves near The Sergeant and rotate around him in a ring, suspended perfectly in midair. They all activate, creating three hardlight swords and two hardlight shields, respectively. The crested metal shield hanging on the wall behind his desk floats down to complete the protective ring.
"No lethal blows."
"Understood. Have at you!"
Order lunges toward the old Guard, only to be shoved back by a hardlight shield. He swings his hammer, which is swiftly parried by a swipe of one sword. Another slaps Order's left flank with the flat of the blade.
"Humiliating." The yellow Anomaly sends a bolt of lightning forward, which gets drawn to the metal shield, leaving the man behind it unaffected.
"Hm. I thought that'd come in handy." The two hardlight shields fly forward and knock Order to the ground, then pin him to the floor. One of the swords floats over the Anomaly, pointed down at his neck.
"Damn it... All right, all right. I concede. Not much I can do, anyway."
"As you wish." The hardlight dissolves, and all the objects go back to their previous places. "Now, I trust you'll uphold your end of the bargain?"
Order sighs, defeated. "Yes..."
Empathy walks forward. "You know, I think Umbra lasted longer than you did."
"...Let's just go already."
"All right." Empathy and Order start heading out the door.
"Ezekiel, would you mind staying a moment? I'd like to talk to you a little. Don't worry, you're not in trouble."

(05-11-2016, 11:46 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 11:10 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Ezekiel gets as far back in the room as he possibly can and remains pressed against the wall. "I have no idea what either of you are capable of. 'Back a little' is not enough."

"Suit yourself."
Order summons a him-colored hammer that heavily hits the floor, then picks it up in both hands. "Ready when you are."
"Very well."
Three identical, cylindrical objects and two spherical ones fly off the shelves near The Sergeant and rotate around him in a ring, suspended perfectly in midair. They all activate, creating three hardlight swords and two hardlight shields, respectively. The crested metal shield hanging on the wall behind his desk floats down to complete the protective ring.
"No lethal blows."
"Understood. Have at you!"
Order lunges toward the old Guard, only to be shoved back by a hardlight shield. He swings his hammer, which is swiftly parried by a swipe of one sword. Another slaps Order's left flank with the flat of the blade.
"Humiliating." The yellow Anomaly sends a bolt of lightning forward, which gets drawn to the metal shield, leaving the man behind it unaffected.
"Hm. I thought that'd come in handy." The two hardlight shields fly forward and knock Order to the ground, then pin him to the floor. One of the swords floats over the Anomaly, pointed down at his neck.
"Damn it... All right, all right. I concede. Not much I can do, anyway."
"As you wish." The hardlight dissolves, and all the objects go back to their previous places. "Now, I trust you'll uphold your end of the bargain?"
Order sighs, defeated. "Yes..."
Empathy walks forward. "You know, I think Umbra lasted longer than you did."
"...Let's just go already."
"All right." Empathy and Order start heading out the door.
"Ezekiel, would you mind staying a moment? I'd like to talk to you a little. Don't worry, you're not in trouble."

"..." Ezekiel watches the Anomalies exit and eyes the door. "...Very well."

(05-11-2016, 11:54 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "..." Ezekiel watches the Anomalies exit and eyes the door. "...Very well."

"You can come up and take a seat if you want." The Sergeant takes a seat himself. "There's no need to be so suspicious... You seemed rather cautious."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-12-2016

(05-11-2016, 11:59 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 11:54 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: "..." Ezekiel watches the Anomalies exit and eyes the door. "...Very well."

"You can come up and take a seat if you want." The Sergeant takes a seat himself. "There's no need to be so suspicious... You seemed rather cautious."

He gets closer, but doesn't take a seat. "I do not enjoy the company of telepaths. Much less mysterious ones known for having immense power."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-12-2016

(05-11-2016, 10:19 PM)Umbra Wrote:
"So... What now?"

"What? No!"

(05-11-2016, 09:01 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *it rolls it's broad shoulders and reveals it's hands, they look like highly advanced, possibly military grade avali styled cybernetics, the large claws are grey blue in color. The left one is starting to distort the light around it, the other holds out a 1/2 inch steel cube*

This, is a cube, it's simple, durable, but useless in its current state...

*it touches it with a claw from the left hand, the steel immediately glows red and is slowly cut in half. Part of it is slowly molded into a ring and 3 parts are extruded out and the glowing metal is fashioned into 3 feather shapes*

Alright...

*turns the other half into a long rod, then starts rapidly converting it into pieces of linked chain with mechanical precision, looping it through a small hole in the loop. Once it's satisfied it blows a jet of what seems to be liquid nitrogen on it. In 2 minutes a cube of raw steel into a necklace, complete with intricate details on the feathers and beveled edges on the ring*

I believe I just multiplied the value of this steel greatly. I'm also adept at salvage, especially derelict spacecraft. Consider it?

*holds out the necklace*

Take it, it's cooled off.

Khaali takes the necklace. "Again, you'll have to interview. "I can't hire people on the fly because I'm the power source Avali. Some of the other metalworkers might take you in, but we use a lot of 3D printing. You'll have to convince them that that technology of yours is superior."

(05-11-2016, 09:54 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *scratching at the door near Syntax*
oh no...

Syntax looks back at the bathroom door.
"...Oh no?"
"Dammit, I knew this would go south..."
Well 3d printing would take at least an hour to do that. Tantaloy is not easy to come by and requires the heat of a main sequence star to forge.

My primary specialty is facilitating the transfer of energy, be it heat to metal to forge, electricity to machines for power... Not a fan of fist to face for harm though, I don't particularly revel in causing harm, but I get paid well for manufacturing weaponry and that doesn't directly involve me. I will defend myself if I must, though that usually results in the use of RPGs... I don't care for RPGs.

I will say though, there's a reason I stay under these robes... Related to RPGs.

I apologize I'm, rambling again but i mus-

*scratching at door persists*
I don't like the sound of that...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-12-2016

(05-12-2016, 12:05 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: He gets closer, but doesn't take a seat. "I do not enjoy the company of telepaths. Much less mysterious ones known for having immense power."

"Ah, someone must have told you about that... I can only read thoughts from one person at a time as they're thought. I don't use it often, and I haven't used it since you had that... Disturbing thought. As for 'immense' power... I'm just a telekinetic that's served too long for his own good." Sarge brings up a glass and bottle of water from under the desk and starts filling it. "What makes me so mysterious to you? It seems like you're harboring quite a few secrets yourself, but I'm not being nearly as cautious as you are." He slides the nearly full glass towards Ezekiel.

(05-12-2016, 12:27 AM)Rahizel Wrote: Well 3d printing would take at least an hour to do that. Tantaloy is not easy to come by and requires the heat of a main sequence star to forge.

My primary specialty is facilitating the transfer of energy, be it heat to metal to forge, electricity to machines for power... Not a fan of fist to face for harm though, I don't particularly revel in causing harm, but I get paid well for manufacturing weaponry and that doesn't directly involve me. I will defend myself if I must, though that usually results in the use of RPGs... I don't care for RPGs.

I will say though, there's a reason I stay under these robes... Related to RPGs.

I apologize I'm, rambling again but i mus-

*scratching at door persists*
I don't like the sound of that...

"Keep it shut."
"But there-"
"Keep it shut. I'll call a Guard in a bit unless you want to test that project of yours."
"Khaali, the Mark Three is not ready for-"
"Then don't open that door."
"..." Syntax steps away from the bathroom.

(05-12-2016, 12:58 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 12:05 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: He gets closer, but doesn't take a seat. "I do not enjoy the company of telepaths. Much less mysterious ones known for having immense power."

"Ah, someone must have told you about that... I can only read thoughts from one person at a time as they're thought. I don't use it often, and I haven't used it since you had that... Disturbing thought. As for 'immense' power... I'm just a telekinetic that's served too long for his own good." Sarge brings up a glass and bottle of water from under the desk and starts filling it. "What makes me so mysterious to you? It seems like you're harboring quite a few secrets yourself, but I'm not being nearly as cautious as you are." He slides the nearly full glass towards Ezekiel.

"If you saw inside my head during that time, then you should have figured out I have a history with being backstabbed. I come from a people that had been at war since their very conception." He looks at the water but makes no move to take it. "And you are not only strangely powerful, but also a complete enigma. You do not even reveal your name to people, much less any details about who you are." He finally grabs the water and lifts it up, looking at it. "And while I have heard you do nothing but good, there is so much I have not heard that I have every reason to be suspicious of you to some extent."

(05-12-2016, 02:50 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "If you saw inside my head during that time, then you should have figured out I have a history with being backstabbed. I come from a people that had been at war since their very conception." He looks at the water but makes no move to take it. "And you are not only strangely powerful, but also a complete enigma. You do not even reveal your name to people, much less any details about who you are." He finally grabs the water and lifts it up, looking at it. "And while I have heard you do nothing but good, there is so much I have not heard that I have every reason to be suspicious of you to some extent."

It definitely looks and sounds like water.
"I can see why you'd be suspicious, then. I'd be more open about who, exactly, I am if I were allowed to. You see, I may be the head of the Guard, but I still have superiors. They see my past as a... Confidential topic.
"...You can drink that, by the way. It's distilled water."

(05-12-2016, 03:12 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 02:50 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "If you saw inside my head during that time, then you should have figured out I have a history with being backstabbed. I come from a people that had been at war since their very conception." He looks at the water but makes no move to take it. "And you are not only strangely powerful, but also a complete enigma. You do not even reveal your name to people, much less any details about who you are." He finally grabs the water and lifts it up, looking at it. "And while I have heard you do nothing but good, there is so much I have not heard that I have every reason to be suspicious of you to some extent."

It definitely looks and sounds like water.
"I can see why you'd be suspicious, then. I'd be more open about who, exactly, I am if I were allowed to. You see, I may be the head of the Guard, but I still have superiors. They see my past as a... Confidential topic.
"...You can drink that, by the way. It's distilled water."

He takes a sip. "Then we are in similar positions, in a way. Not allowed to talk about who we are or where we came from."

(05-12-2016, 03:38 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: He takes a sip. "Then we are in similar positions, in a way. Not allowed to talk about who we are or where we came from."

It's definitely water. Pretty good water, too.
...Well. For water.
"Suppose so... Anyway, you may leave now if you would like to. This old man's done talking... If we meet again, hopefully it's under friendlier circumstances."

(05-12-2016, 03:43 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 03:38 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: He takes a sip. "Then we are in similar positions, in a way. Not allowed to talk about who we are or where we came from."

It's definitely water. Pretty good water, too.
...Well. For water.
"Suppose so... Anyway, you may leave now if you would like to. This old man's done talking... If we meet again, hopefully it's under friendlier circumstances."

"Very well." He sighs. "And apologies for being so... Standoffish." He puts the water down. "I imagine Empathy and Order are waiting for me. I will take my leave," he says as he heads toward the door. "Good day."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-12-2016

(05-11-2016, 02:02 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu smiles as she turns, and makes her way upstairs in the hospital to fix the plumbing that she had been called in to repair. Of course, there were a few more little fixes along the way for things that medicine has difficulty taking care of, and a lot of happy people in the hospital as a result.

//Soory aboot that.

Zeurei had been asked to wait until the guards could question him about his former activity.  What with being surrounded by crystals from the debacle involving two anomalies when he was found blind, and so there he sat at the hospital as Danu passed on to further matters.  He wished her well simply and so sat there waiting.  He had few places to be, could afford to wait. 

Whether he was in trouble or not he couldn't tell, but the nurses had seen his mussing with the crystal even while blind.  He'd noticed that he'd mademany of them nervous with it's appearance.

(05-12-2016, 04:09 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Very well." He sighs. "And apologies for being so... Standoffish." He puts the water down. "I imagine Empathy and Order are waiting for me. I will take my leave," he says as he heads toward the door. "Good day."

"You have a nice day, too."
The two anomalies are, indeed, waiting.
"So... What did he want?"

(05-12-2016, 04:26 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      Zeurei had been asked to wait until the guards could question him about his former activity.  What with being surrounded by crystals from the debacle involving two anomalies when he was found blind, and so there he sat at the hospital as Danu passed on to further matters.  He wished her well simply and so sat there waiting.  He had few places to be, could afford to wait. 

Whether he was in trouble or not he couldn't tell, but the nurses had seen his mussing with the crystal even while blind.  He'd noticed that he'd mademany of them nervous with it's appearance.

// I'll respond to this when I wake up... It's getting late.
// hope you're not in a rush :v

(05-12-2016, 04:43 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 04:09 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Very well." He sighs. "And apologies for being so... Standoffish." He puts the water down. "I imagine Empathy and Order are waiting for me. I will take my leave," he says as he heads toward the door. "Good day."

"You have a nice day, too."
The two anomalies are, indeed, waiting.
"So... What did he want?"

"Just to talk. So," he changes the subject, "do you have any idea where the others could be?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-12-2016

(05-12-2016, 04:43 AM)Umbra Wrote: // I'll respond to this when I wake up... It's getting late.
// hope you're not in a rush :v

//Hardly.  I was nervous of rushing you.  or pressuring you into doing more writing than you were willing.