Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 12:16 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 11:41 PM)Marxon Wrote: // well theres a chance a dull thud would be heard, and the ship is in geostationary orbit, which is far out

// would it be audible inside a house on the surface, though?
// if so, we can just assume Umbra looked outside and saw the explosion before asking Wurg if they could talk later.

((Assuming where the explosion happened there was some atmosphere, then it's possible I guess, but if it exploded in space then pretty much no.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 12:18 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 12:16 AM)Umbra Wrote: // would it be audible inside a house on the surface, though?
// if so, we can just assume Umbra looked outside and saw the explosion before asking Wurg if they could talk later.

((Assuming where the explosion happened there was some atmosphere, then it's possible I guess, but if it exploded in space then pretty much no.))
(I wonder if it's possible for the shockwave from an explosion to BECOME audible upon entering an atmosphere or by carrying bits of the ship's atmosphere out as well as bits of the hull.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-05-2015

(11-04-2015, 09:46 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 09:29 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg stepped into the house and looked around. It was...much different compared to her minimalist, more "modern" home. It felt cozy, almost more like...home. She shook her head a bit to clear her thoughts.

"Uh...nice house."

"Thanks! Nobody really cares for super-old-fashioned wooden houses anymore..." The inside is simple as well, the walls, floor, and ceiling all made of wood, but not without decoration.
Area carpets break up the boring wooden floor, and landscape paintings decorate the walls. There's also a large plaque that mounts a metal sword and polearm (bladed- definitely some type of spear). Both seem to be very old.
A dining area is pushed near the center, in sight of the kitchen. In the corner near the front window lies a collection of couches and a TV- the living room, most likely.
A staircase leads up to a visible second floor that seems to be his bedroom. The singular, large room is lit by four bright ceiling lamps-one in each corner.
"Can I get you anything to drink?"
*theres is a banding noise at the door, and what appears to be the tip of a spike*
*he wakes up in a bar, holding a empty bottle*
Little to early to get drunk... 
*he exits the bar*
"Feruchemistry, it should be noted, is the power of balance. In feruchemistry is power stored up, then latter drawn upon. There is no loss of power- just a changing of the time and rate of its use" Rythain 

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-05-2015

Umbra starts walking back to his house. Turns out the Guards' Department had already known about the ship in orbit and is trying to work out an extraction plan.
He returns home to see something at or in his door before he even steps on the balcony...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-05-2015

*sigh* i need a break. i'll explore the town for something fun to do *he exits his shop and begins to walk around town*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Penguin - 11-05-2015

He'd sigh before lighting a pipe and putting it into his mouth.

"I guess it's for the best things stay calm, and the things that pose a threat.. or can cause massive amounts of chaos stay hidden.. quiet."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-05-2015

*Austin has gone to bed in his house and now is sleeping*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Penguin - 11-05-2015

With his pipe now out, he would put it away and just stare at the sky.

"Mmm. Might be an exciting adventure as the atmosphere gets thinner and thinner.."

"...Right, I need to get inside, so..." Umbra just pushes past whatever's in front of his door and gets rid of the spike in it, tossing it into a nearby bush. He then closes the door.
"Sorry about that, Wurg... Had to checkon something. Other guards are trying their best to take care of it."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 04:13 AM)Umbra Wrote: "...Right, I need to get inside, so..." Umbra just pushes past whatever's in front of his door and gets rid of the spike in it, tossing it into a nearby bush. He then closes the door.
"Sorry about that, Wurg... Had to checkon something. Other guards are trying their best to take care of it."

Wurg had fallen asleep on the couch, but she jolted awake when Umbra walked in. "Huhnwha? Oh...sorry. Fell asleep." She sat up and looked over. "And it's fine, really. Uh...we can talk now, I guess...? Unless you want to sleep."

(11-05-2015, 04:41 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg had fallen asleep on the couch, but she jolted awake when Umbra walked in. "Huhnwha? Oh...sorry. Fell asleep." She sat up and looked over. "And it's fine, really. Uh...we can talk now, I guess...? Unless you want to sleep."

"Well, it looks like you're pretty tired... I'm not opposed to just going to bed. You can stay here for the night if you want... I can just bring down some blankets and pillows."

(11-05-2015, 04:42 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 04:41 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg had fallen asleep on the couch, but she jolted awake when Umbra walked in. "Huhnwha? Oh...sorry. Fell asleep." She sat up and looked over. "And it's fine, really. Uh...we can talk now, I guess...? Unless you want to sleep."

"Well, it looks like you're pretty tired... I'm not opposed to just going to bed. You can stay here for the night if you want... I can just bring down some blankets and pillows."

"Mhm, that'd be fine...thankfully I can go up to a week without charge, so I can sleep here." She yawned, and rubbed her eyes.

(11-05-2015, 04:44 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Mhm, that'd be fine...thankfully I can go up to a week without charge, so I can sleep here." She yawned, and rubbed her eyes.

"All right, then. Let me get those blankets and pillows..." He goes upstairs, but not before hanging the t-shaped piece of metal back on the rack near the doorway.

(11-05-2015, 04:52 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 04:44 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Mhm, that'd be fine...thankfully I can go up to a week without charge, so I can sleep here." She yawned, and rubbed her eyes.

"All right, then. Let me get those blankets and pillows..." He goes upstairs, but not before hanging the t-shaped piece of metal back on the rack near the doorway.

"Thanks..." She stared at the odd, t-shaped hunk of metal. She had absolutely no idea what it was, and didn't feel inclined to ask. She already felt as though she was asking too much by staying overnight.

(11-05-2015, 04:56 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 04:52 AM)Umbra Wrote: "All right, then. Let me get those blankets and pillows..." He goes upstairs, but not before hanging the t-shaped piece of metal back on the rack near the doorway.

"Thanks..." She stared at the odd, t-shaped hunk of metal. She had absolutely no idea what it was, and didn't feel inclined to ask. She already felt as though she was asking too much by staying overnight.

There appears to be a button on the neck of the 'T'... Perhaps it's a handle?
Umbra comes back down with a heap of blankets and pillows.
"All right, here ya go!" He sets them down on the couch with a 'fwumph', then lays some out on the cushions as extra padding. After that, he puts the pillows on one end and draped the remaining blankets over the makeshift bed.
"I'm getting pretty tired... I think I'll head to bed. Good night..." He stalks back upstairs and draws a curtain that obscures the platform from the rest of the room. Not after long, there's the flick of a switch as the lights go out.

(pardon me I need to laugh at the fact that we have this giant station with billions of NPCs and easy access for any new character, but nobody seems to actually want to use it so far. Anyways I'll see how things go there next few days and adjust plans as needed come Monday.)

(11-05-2015, 05:07 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 04:56 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Thanks..." She stared at the odd, t-shaped hunk of metal. She had absolutely no idea what it was, and didn't feel inclined to ask. She already felt as though she was asking too much by staying overnight.

There appears to be a button on the neck of the 'T'... Perhaps it's a handle?
Umbra comes back down with a heap of blankets and pillows.
"All right, here ya go!" He sets them down on the couch with a 'fwumph', then lays some out on the cushions as extra padding. After that, he puts the pillows on one end and draped the remaining blankets over the makeshift bed.
"I'm getting pretty tired... I think I'll head to bed. Good night..." He stalks back upstairs and draws a curtain that obscures the platform from the rest of the room. Not after long, there's the flick of a switch as the lights go out.

"Night, Umbra." Wurg crawled over and into the makeshift bed, and quickly fell asleep herself. It was odd how readily she trusted him, but...
Something in her mind just knew he could be trusted, that this was okay. Almost like they had been...
Wurg fell asleep. She would probably talk about that with him tomorrow.

(11-05-2015, 05:11 AM)Surge Wrote: (pardon me I need to laugh at the fact that we have this giant station with billions of NPCs and easy access for any new character, but nobody seems to actually want to use it so far. Anyways I'll see how things go there next few days and adjust plans as needed come Monday.)

// hey, some people wanted it, so it's there...
// I'd use it, but a majority of people are sticking planetside and the character I would most likely put on a space station is one I don't want to put in this RP.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 05:21 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 05:11 AM)Surge Wrote: (pardon me I need to laugh at the fact that we have this giant station with billions of NPCs and easy access for any new character, but nobody seems to actually want to use it so far. Anyways I'll see how things go there next few days and adjust plans as needed come Monday.)

// hey, some people wanted it, so it's there...
// I'd use it, but a majority of people are sticking planetside and the character I would most likely put on a space station is one I don't want to put in this RP.

((I have one character on the Space Station, one who tends to travel between the two places frequently due to work, and another who's stuck on the planet because they have no idea where they are or what's going on...
...Of course, I haven't found any good points to try to get them interacting with others yet. That seems to be my main weak-point when it comes to RP. I can never start things.))

(11-05-2015, 05:23 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 05:21 AM)Umbra Wrote: // hey, some people wanted it, so it's there...

((I have one character on the Space Station, one who tends to travel between the two places frequently due to work, and another who's stuck on the planet because they have no idea where they are or what's going on...
...Of course, I haven't found any good points to try to get them interacting with others yet. That seems to be my main weak-point when it comes to RP. I can never start things.))
(I generally set things up so that I can set the wheels in motion when somebody meets certain criteria. Of course no matter how broad those criteria are I have never not seen people avoid them like the plague despite me never specifying what they are or that there are any. Hell even when I get heavy handed people do their best to avoid my stuff. I once managed to plop some folks dead in the middle of a godamn civil war and what do they do? "Not our problem, let's keep moving. Mind the gunfire." Anyways if I get stonewalled as usual and cannot find a way to drag myself in I will take more proactive measures.)