Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 01:11 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 01:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "That sounds to me like something a doctor should handle. He just has a stomachache right? Like I said, I'm not rightly a doctor. I just step in when the doctors have no idea how to fix it."

Danu pets the gryphon anyway.
*it chirps and crawls closer*
I wouldn't do that if I were you, it won't leave you alone. Anyways have you got an idea how to safely carry this lump of fat and fluff because well...
*holds up a hand, 3 fingers ending in large razor-sharp claws made of various alloys and carbon structures*

"Best I can think of would be some sort of box. Lure it in with some food, and then that can be easily moved on a cart."

(05-18-2016, 07:12 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // also, @OdinYggd you around? Any one here a doctor?

//I check in at intervals during the day, but I was busy today and didn't get a chance to reply till now. Danu is not a doctor, and I'm not sure if we actually have a named character as a doctor yet. She's being put on the spot- technically she's a builder that just helps out at the hospital when the doctors there get stuck with something they don't know the answer to.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 10:11 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 01:11 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *it chirps and crawls closer*
I wouldn't do that if I were you, it won't leave you alone. Anyways have you got an idea how to safely carry this lump of fat and fluff because well...
*holds up a hand, 3 fingers ending in large razor-sharp claws made of various alloys and carbon structures*

"Best I can think of would be some sort of box. Lure it in with some food, and then that can be easily moved on a cart."

(05-18-2016, 07:12 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // also, @OdinYggd you around? Any one here a doctor?

//I check in at intervals during the day, but I was busy today and didn't get a chance to reply till now. Danu is not a doctor, and I'm not sure if we actually have a named character as a doctor yet. She's being put on the spot- technically she's a builder that just helps out at the hospital when the doctors there get stuck with something they don't know the answer to.
Don't say the f word!
*danu gets tackled by the 5 foot tall chubby and extremely fluffy creature known only as Remy, the gryphon is rapidly wagging it's tail and staring into danu's eyes*
Mrooww~~~

You okay there?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 04:09 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 03:45 PM)Surge Wrote: (*internal impatient screaming*)

// aaaaaaaaaa sorry
"Well, this isn't really a good place for it... I'd rather not say something that could throw someone into an existential crisis in public."
"What do you mean?"
"I... May have promised information on how Umbra and the others got here and what happened to Superego in exchange for rapid transit."
"Was it worth it?"
"Let's just say I've never felt as sick as I did afterwards..."
"...Right. Should I take Ezekiel back down while you sort things out here?"
"Yes, that'd be nice."
"All right. Come on, then." Order starts walking, gesturing with a head nod for the fallen demon to follow.

Ezekiel follows Order shortly after. When they're somewhat distant from the other two, he speaks up. "What do you make of that 753 being? I do not trust him... He must have some sort of ulterior motive. Finding out how you got here does not seem like motive enough for such a powerful... entity to involve himself."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 10:17 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 10:11 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Best I can think of would be some sort of box. Lure it in with some food, and then that can be easily moved on a cart."

Don't say the f word!
*danu gets tackled by the 5 foot tall chubby and extremely fluffy creature known only as Remy, the gryphon is rapidly wagging it's tail and staring into danu's eyes*
Mrooww~~~

You okay there?

"Quite. It's been a while since this sort of thing happened."

Danu smiles, but doesn't let Remy stay on top as she very carefully wiggles out from beneath and gets upright again.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 10:31 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 10:17 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Don't say the f word!
Mrooww~~~

You okay there?

"Quite. It's been a while since this sort of thing happened."

Danu smiles, but doesn't let Remy stay on top as she very carefully wiggles out from beneath and gets upright again.
*the gryphon churrs and wraps it's paws around her waist*
I can't tell if it's male or female .. but it does have rather wide hips and noticeable clevage... but that just might be because it's fat.
*squawks dismissively*
Well you are, I never said it was bad though you goof.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 10:27 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Ezekiel follows Order shortly after. When they're somewhat distant from the other two, he speaks up. "What do you make of that 753 being? I do not trust him... He must have some sort of ulterior motive. Finding out how you got here does not seem like motive enough for such a powerful... entity to involve himself."

"From what I remember, he's a robot that has the ability to travel between universes and dimensions at will. We figured he'd take interest in what happened eventually- an entire world doesn't just disappear overnight, and he seems to know almost everything. The discovery of something he doesn't know must scratch at him quite a bit."

// still thinking of how to reword the explanation... Robots don't exactly have minds to project visions into.

(05-18-2016, 10:38 PM)Rahizel Wrote: it does have rather wide hips and noticeable clevage

// o-o
// o -o
// what

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 11:32 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 10:38 PM)Rahizel Wrote: it does have rather wide hips and noticeable clevage

// o-o
// o -o
// what

(boobs.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 10:27 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Ezekiel follows Order shortly after. When they're somewhat distant from the other two, he speaks up. "What do you make of that 753 being? I do not trust him... He must have some sort of ulterior motive. Finding out how you got here does not seem like motive enough for such a powerful... entity to involve himself."

"From what I remember, he's a robot that has the ability to travel between universes and dimensions at will. We figured he'd take interest in what happened eventually- an entire world doesn't just disappear overnight, and he seems to know almost everything. The discovery of something he doesn't know must scratch at him quite a bit."
"Mmm... I suppose."

(05-18-2016, 11:43 PM)Surge Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 11:32 PM)Umbra Wrote: // o-o
// o -o
// what

(boobs.)

((Pretty sure he gathered that. Just a bit... Uh... Startled?))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-18-2016

Zeurei left the hospital, forgoing handling his severe headache temporarily as he distanced himself once more.    As he finally reached an alleyway where he found himself alone, there he sat, about fainting before he even managed it. 

Hastily setting his eyes aglow he looked inward and, with an odd gesture, he seemed to pull something from within himself.  It took up the shape of a small oval spinel set all aglow at the center.  The worst part being it looked like it was made of clear crystallized sinew.

His headache began to ease and faded as he held it up, eyes no longer alight, simply studying the imperfect little gemstone without any aid of his abilities.  It was beautiful, and despicable.  "Appropriate", he thought, though he found himself at a loss of why it would feel appropriate.  Possibly his lost past?  And for once he stopped, and thought again about his past.  He'd noticed some memories that had naturally surfaced.  But with no past to accompany them, it left him empty of some substance of what to call home. 

His thoughts passed in the waning day.  Not yet near an end, yet with so much to do, he knew he must continue.  Holding the spinel as he stood, checking it a bit deeper as he rolled it between his fingers.  At first his face blanked, and then he smiled softly.
  "...   Good."  The word was whispered, lost on the wind as soft as it blew for now.  Pulling out the other shard he'd taken from the beast earlier, his smile darkened slightly.  But it was time to move on as he stepped out aside a nearby street, expression wiped to a simple smile, one of a day of accomplishment.  The gems hidden once more among his possessions.

//Haven't had this much fun writing in a while.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-19-2016

// still thinking of how to reword the explanation... Robots don't exactly have minds to project visions into.

// o-o
// o -o
// what

(05-18-2016, 11:43 PM)Surge Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 11:32 PM)Umbra Wrote: // o-o
// o -o
// what

(boobs.)
// XD

// this is literally the only reason I mentioned it, for the lols... in reality the plumage obscures most of the r rated stuff, and besides they're not like d cup or anything.

// also what do you expect an avali to know about boobs?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-19-2016

//Uhh.  Yeah they do, due to having an idetic memory you can simply run it through either audio and visual based sensors directly.  It's no different to them from psionic in such cases.  And can be used in turn to replicate psionic attacks against them too.  Plus electrical and energy based firings through circuitry can be designated as "machine minds"  And once advanced enough can be effected by psionics directly.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-19-2016

(05-18-2016, 07:05 PM)Surge Wrote: 753 claps his hands together, a recurring gesture it seems "I was hoping for this!"
Before he can continue on a pair of portals open under the two, putting empathy through the same perception defying assault as last time, though it becomes a bit more bearable if braced for, most likely one of those things that can be 'gotten used to' but an ordeal all the same.
The tunnel deposits empathy into a chair, it isn't padded and frankly not very comfortable, but certainly better than standing. 753 grabs the back of the chair and spins it 90 degrees to the side. "I apologize for the chair, I don't usually have visitors and it was enough of a hassle to set up an atmosphere in here" the room in front of empathy appears to be a server room, a desk against the wall behind him and rows of columns in front of him with tightly recessed access panels across them. "As you can probably guess this is my lab, I don't plan to show you the 'meat' of it so to speak but this is where I keep my external computational equipment and a small quiet desk out of the way where I can remotely manage things." 753 pauses for a moment before continuing "this is a separate reality. When I return you to yours it will be as if no time has passed, so take your time." 753 motions for empathy to begin.

"Oh. Uh, thanks for inviting me in. Anyway..."
"...It started when our original universe collapsed. That portal device Umbra made glitched and opened a portal to its own world... Not sure how it glitched in the first place, or why this happened, but the paradox caused the entire world to just... Vanish. Everyone- myself and the others included- got sucked into some... Black void. It might have been the space between worlds, if that exists... Not sure. We floated for quite a while until something rescued some of us. Only a couple people made it. The others just disappeared. The people who didn't got changed in various ways. The other Eni- Er, Anomalies and I got fused with Umbra for some reason- that's why he can turn into one. Superego... I'm not sure what happened to Superego, actually... I think he couldn't comprehend dying and went insane. I heard him talking to himself about how scary and dreadful everything was, and... Eventually, he got... Corrupted. Or something. He turned into the black Anomaly you probably saw. After all that, we got flung into this new world. I didn't even know Superego made it until recently..."
"...That's... All I remember."

(05-19-2016, 12:05 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Uhh.  Yeah they do, due to having an idetic memory you can simply run it through either audio and visual based sensors directly.  It's no different to them from psionic in such cases.  And can be used in turn to replicate psionic attacks against them too.  Plus electrical and energy based firings through circuitry can be designated as "machine minds"  And once advanced enough can be effected by psionics directly.

// While that may be the case, robot "brains" aren't usually designed to send or receive telepathic signals.

(05-19-2016, 12:28 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 12:05 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Uhh.  Yeah they do, due to having an idetic memory you can simply run it through either audio and visual based sensors directly.  It's no different to them from psionic in such cases.  And can be used in turn to replicate psionic attacks against them too.  Plus electrical and energy based firings through circuitry can be designated as "machine minds"  And once advanced enough can be effected by psionics directly.

// While that may be the case, robot "brains" aren't usually designed to send or receive telepathic signals.

//They also aren't made to be set on fire, yet psychokinesis can do that.  Meaning telepathy is not a spiritual force but a low EM wave or some other similar but odd thing.  But I digress, most aren't made to handle or understand it, and it would require the telepath to deeply know the inner-workings of said robot, so I'd just go with direct-to input of audio and visual sensors instead.  Or you know.  Talk about it.  Not like you needed my blessing.  Ehehehe. 

(05-19-2016, 01:04 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //They also aren't made to be set on fire, yet psychokinesis can do that.  Meaning telepathy is not a spiritual force but a low EM wave or some other similar but odd thing.  But I digress, most aren't made to handle or understand it, and it would require the telepath to deeply know the inner-workings of said robot, so I'd just go with direct-to input of audio and visual sensors instead.  Or you know.  Talk about it.  Not like you needed my blessing.  Ehehehe. 

// There's also a balancing thing partially hidden behind it. Empathy also isn't a mechanic, nor is 753 an average robot.

(05-19-2016, 01:13 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 01:04 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //They also aren't made to be set on fire, yet psychokinesis can do that.  Meaning telepathy is not a spiritual force but a low EM wave or some other similar but odd thing.  But I digress, most aren't made to handle or understand it, and it would require the telepath to deeply know the inner-workings of said robot, so I'd just go with direct-to input of audio and visual sensors instead.  Or you know.  Talk about it.  Not like you needed my blessing.  Ehehehe. 

// There's also a balancing thing partially hidden behind it. Empathy also isn't a mechanic, nor is 753 an average robot.

//Aye.  Which is why I stated the obvious there.  To let it be known that I knew why you'd chosen it, but I just find such thoughts exciting far beyond their use within the stories.  So I continue working on what ifs ,why not-s, maybes, possibilities, and definites.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 12:28 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 07:05 PM)Surge Wrote: 753 claps his hands together, a recurring gesture it seems "I was hoping for this!"
Before he can continue on a pair of portals open under the two, putting empathy through the same perception defying assault as last time, though it becomes a bit more bearable if braced for, most likely one of those things that can be 'gotten used to' but an ordeal all the same.
The tunnel deposits empathy into a chair, it isn't padded and frankly not very comfortable, but certainly better than standing. 753 grabs the back of the chair and spins it 90 degrees to the side. "I apologize for the chair, I don't usually have visitors and it was enough of a hassle to set up an atmosphere in here" the room in front of empathy appears to be a server room, a desk against the wall behind him and rows of columns in front of him with tightly recessed access panels across them. "As you can probably guess this is my lab, I don't plan to show you the 'meat' of it so to speak but this is where I keep my external computational equipment and a small quiet desk out of the way where I can remotely manage things." 753 pauses for a moment before continuing "this is a separate reality. When I return you to yours it will be as if no time has passed, so take your time." 753 motions for empathy to begin.

"Oh. Uh, thanks for inviting me in. Anyway..."
"...It started when our original universe collapsed. That portal device Umbra made glitched and opened a portal to its own world... Not sure how it glitched in the first place, or why this happened, but the paradox caused the entire world to just... Vanish. Everyone- myself and the others included- got sucked into some... Black void. It might have been the space between worlds, if that exists... Not sure. We floated for quite a while until something rescued some of us. Only a couple people made it. The others just disappeared. The people who didn't got changed in various ways. The other Eni- Er, Anomalies and I got fused with Umbra for some reason- that's why he can turn into one. Superego... I'm not sure what happened to Superego, actually... I think he couldn't comprehend dying and went insane. I heard him talking to himself about how scary and dreadful everything was, and... Eventually, he got... Corrupted. Or something. He turned into the black Anomaly you probably saw. After all that, we got flung into this new world. I didn't even know Superego made it until recently..."
"...That's... All I remember."

"...you know I'm glad I've never tested my Styx with duplicate coordinates...though that particular result may not be replicable. So then you or sucked into the void and...you...got....out...." 753 falls silent for a few seconds "what has he done........WHAT HAS HE DONE" 753 slams his fist onto the desk, it quickly buckled under the sudden outburst as 753 recomposes himself. "This is very very bad, "superego" has struck a deal with a shade. He needs to be stopped immediately."

(05-19-2016, 01:37 AM)Surge Wrote: "...you know I'm glad I've never tested my Styx with duplicate coordinates...though that particular result may not be replicable. So then you or sucked into the void and...you...got....out...." 753 falls silent for a few seconds "what has he done........WHAT HAS HE DONE" 753 slams his fist onto the desk, it quickly buckled under the sudden outburst as 753 recomposes himself. "This is very very bad, "superego" has struck a deal with a shade. He needs to be stopped immediately."

"Wait, a shade?... I don't know what that is, but it sounds bad."

// quick question: would a shade look anything like this?
[Image: latest?cb=20160405071545]

[And the Plot thickens]

//I just felt like that needed to be said, that's all.

//I was listening to this while you two have been posting.

https://tomeseries.bandcamp.com/track/the-dragon-the-shadow

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 01:40 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 01:37 AM)Surge Wrote: "...you know I'm glad I've never tested my Styx with duplicate coordinates...though that particular result may not be replicable. So then you or sucked into the void and...you...got....out...." 753 falls silent for a few seconds "what has he done........WHAT HAS HE DONE" 753 slams his fist onto the desk, it quickly buckled under the sudden outburst as 753 recomposes himself. "This is very very bad, "superego" has struck a deal with a shade. He needs to be stopped immediately."

"Wait, a shade?... I don't know what that is, but it sounds bad."

// quick question: would a shade look anything like this?
[Image: latest?cb=20160405071545]
"Shades are anomalous non-beings that inhabit the void and feed on those trapped there, some develop a sort of amalgam personality of their victims and learn to bend the void to their will. They are basically the only way to get out of the void from inside the void. Some are mostly benign, they have twisted perceptions of mortal beings but mean no explicit harm, others take their inherently destructive nature to heart. Based on what I've seen this one plans nothing more than wanton destruction and has made superego into its puppet."

(they could? A shade is bound by n physical laws as they are not of any reality, and as such can take on any shape and/or consistency they wish. They do default to an amorphous misty shadow form though)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-19-2016

(05-18-2016, 10:38 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 10:31 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Quite. It's been a while since this sort of thing happened."

*the gryphon churrs and wraps it's paws around her waist*
I can't tell if it's male or female .. but it does have rather wide hips and noticeable clevage... but that just might be because it's fat.
*squawks dismissively*
Well you are, I never said it was bad though you goof.

"That does look like a feminine body, at least by humanoid standards. Other than from a medical perspective dealing with anatomy features, does it really matter though?"

Danu's own body was obviously feminine as well, in a way that often got her in trouble among her own kind and put her in awkward situations. Fortunately there hadn't been a lot of that around her since her eternal wandering began.