Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 01:46 AM)Surge Wrote: "Shades are anomalous non-beings that inhabit the void and feed on those trapped there, some develop a sort of amalgam personality of their victims and learn to bend the void to their will. They are basically the only way to get out of the void from inside the void. Some are mostly benign, they have twisted perceptions of mortal beings but mean no explicit harm, others take their inherently destructive nature to heart. Based on what I've seen this one plans nothing more than wanton destruction and has made superego into its puppet."

(they could? A shade is bound by n physical laws as they are not of any reality, and as such can take on any shape and/or consistency they wish. They do default to an amorphous misty shadow form though)

"Oh... Oh. This is... Really, really bad. If that's the case, we need to find Apathy and Chaos as soon as possible. If this Shade finds them first, they could end up corrupted, or worse... Do you have any way of finding them?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-19-2016

The station door creaked ominously open at a guard station as Zeurei stepped in. "You should probably oil that..." But he shrugged. Stepping up to the counter. "Hello. I'm working on some personal... Research, Looking for somewhere open where I would be able to test something. It might be dangerous and harming innocents is not my idea of fun." He got right to the point with the receptionist bluntly.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 01:46 AM)Surge Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 01:40 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Wait, a shade?... I don't know what that is, but it sounds bad."

// quick question: would a shade look anything like this?
[Image: latest?cb=20160405071545]
"Shades are anomalous non-beings that inhabit the void and feed on those trapped there, some develop a sort of amalgam personality of their victims and learn to bend the void to their will. They are basically the only way to get out of the void from inside the void. Some are mostly benign, they have twisted perceptions of mortal beings but mean no explicit harm, others take their inherently destructive nature to heart. Based on what I've seen this one plans nothing more than wanton destruction and has made superego into its puppet."

(they could? A shade is bound by n physical laws as they are not of any reality, and as such can take on any shape and/or consistency they wish. They do default to an amorphous misty shadow form though)

((This feels somewhat similar to the origin story of the Eternals, except instead of an amalgamation of dead people they're an amalgamation of multiple contradictory versions of the same person who has achieved a form of godhood... Or, well, that's what they think they are, anyway.))

(05-19-2016, 02:07 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The station door creaked ominously open at a guard station as Zeurei stepped in. "You should probably oil that..." But he shrugged. Stepping up to the counter. "Hello. I'm working on some personal... Research, Looking for somewhere open where I would be able to test something. It might be dangerous and harming innocents is not my idea of fun." He got right to the point with the receptionist bluntly.

"That's... Oddly specific. Are you qualified for research?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-19-2016

*the avali wakes up dazed, dusty from being dragged and a trails blood*
"Where am I exactly err officer?"
*he begins to look around, frightend by that fact of blood loss*

(05-19-2016, 02:22 AM)achroma Wrote: *the avali wakes up dazed, dusty from being dragged and a trails blood*

The Avali wakes up in a cell in the station. an unarmored Kineptic guard is standing on the other side of the bars. The bleeding area seems to have been bandaged.
"You're in custody at one of the Guard stations."

(05-19-2016, 02:18 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 02:07 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:     The station door creaked ominously open at a guard station as Zeurei stepped in.  "You should probably oil that..."  But he shrugged.  Stepping up to the counter.  "Hello.  I'm working on some personal...  Research, Looking for somewhere open where I would be able to test something.  It might be dangerous and harming innocents is not my idea of fun."  He got right to the point with the receptionist bluntly.

"That's... Oddly specific. Are you qualified for research?"

"By which standards of qualification?  I need no lab.  Only somewhere where there is nobody.  I'll even pay for short term rent if there is somewhere.  I can't very well do it outside town lest I be attacked.  I am no fighter by most terms."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 01:53 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 01:46 AM)Surge Wrote: "Shades are anomalous non-beings that inhabit the void and feed on those trapped there, some develop a sort of amalgam personality of their victims and learn to bend the void to their will. They are basically the only way to get out of the void from inside the void. Some are mostly benign, they have twisted perceptions of mortal beings but mean no explicit harm, others take their inherently destructive nature to heart. Based on what I've seen this one plans nothing more than wanton destruction and has made superego into its puppet."

"Oh... Oh. This is... Really, really bad. If that's the case, we need to find Apathy and Chaos as soon as possible. If this Shade finds them first, they could end up corrupted, or worse... Do you have any way of finding them?"
"Normally I would say that is unlikely with only one shade involved, but it has somehow subverted those creatures and I am unsure how. As for finding them I can hijack every surveillance system on your space station and accompanying planet, and possibly release a few probes, but I should warn you even I don't know how to deal with this shade." 753 rests a hand under his chin and thinks.

(05-19-2016, 03:15 AM)Surge Wrote: "Normally I would say that is unlikely with only one shade involved, but it has somehow subverted those creatures and I am unsure how. As for finding them I can hijack every surveillance system on your space station and accompanying planet, and possibly release a few probes, but I should warn you even I don't know how to deal with this shade." 753 rests a hand under his chin and thinks.

"Well, I already had a plan in place to... Put Superego out of his misery... Is he really even Superego at this point? He's more like a remnant of what he used to be... Anyway, if I can find and rally the other two, we should be able to restore Umbra's Anomaly form and... Well, basically have an Anomaly fight. Our individual powers are extremely diminished, and Umbra likely has more experience being an Anomaly than the shade does. It probably hasn't even figured out how to completely control Superego's body yet..."

(05-19-2016, 02:42 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "By which standards of qualification?  I need no lab.  Only somewhere where there is nobody.  I'll even pay for short term rent if there is somewhere.  I can't very well do it outside town lest I be attacked.  I am no fighter by most terms."

"Well, how do you research? I can't exactly throw you into any study..."

(05-19-2016, 03:32 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 03:15 AM)Surge Wrote: "Normally I would say that is unlikely with only one shade involved, but it has somehow subverted those creatures and I am unsure how. As for finding them I can hijack every surveillance system on your space station and accompanying planet, and possibly release a few probes, but I should warn you even I don't know how to deal with this shade." 753 rests a hand under his chin and thinks.

"Well, I already had a plan in place to... Put Superego out of his misery... Is he really even Superego at this point? He's more like a remnant of what he used to be... Anyway, if I can find and rally the other two, we should be able to restore Umbra's Anomaly form and... Well, basically have an Anomaly fight. Our individual powers are extremely diminished, and Umbra likely has more experience being an Anomaly than the shade does. It probably hasn't even figured out how to completely control Superego's body yet..."

(05-19-2016, 02:42 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "By which standards of qualification?  I need no lab.  Only somewhere where there is nobody.  I'll even pay for short term rent if there is somewhere.  I can't very well do it outside town lest I be attacked.  I am no fighter by most terms."

"It's possible he is still in there if we can separate him from the shade, but I honestly don't know. I do know that to get this far he has completely opened his mind to that shade or it has forced its way in. I don't know the exact mechanics and I don't think I could find a relatively sane shade who does, but to open a portal to a reality the shade needs to know of that reality, which requires the host to willingly comply with the shade in the void while they are still capable of doing so, so he has willingly laid bare an appreciable chunk of himself to that shade."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 01:49 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 10:38 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *the gryphon churrs and wraps it's paws around her waist*
I can't tell if it's male or female .. but it does have rather wide hips and noticeable clevage... but that just might be because it's fat.
*squawks dismissively*
Well you are, I never said it was bad though you goof.

"That does look like a feminine body, at least by humanoid standards. Other than from a medical perspective dealing with anatomy features, does it really matter though?"

Danu's own body was obviously feminine as well, in a way that often got her in trouble among her own kind and put her in awkward situations. Fortunately there hadn't been a lot of that around her since her eternal wandering began.
might just be a very immasculine male, but it definitely likes you.
*rolls onto it's back and shows off its soft belly and chest, framed in a lighter shade of gray and softer. This is saying something as it has enough plumage that it never truly stays all the way down*

Now that I've seen plenty, just poke Remy's sides and they'll roll over and repeatedly chirp till you rub that round and fluffy gut.

*meanwhile a very similar figure in tattered robes watches from a distance omniously. The face of this construct is featureless save for a few small dimples housing sensor equipment and many claw marks. It looks much similiar but the head is slightly larger and the frame is not in a severely dilapidated condition*

(05-19-2016, 03:54 AM)Surge Wrote: "It's possible he is still in there if we can separate him from the shade, but I honestly don't know. I do know that to get this far he has completely opened his mind to that shade or it has forced its way in. I don't know the exact mechanics and I don't think I could find a relatively sane shade who does, but to open a portal to a reality the shade needs to know of that reality, which requires the host to willingly comply with the shade in the void while they are still capable of doing so, so he has willingly laid bare an appreciable chunk of himself to that shade."

"I'm assuming it has something to do with that crystal in its shoulder... I'll bet that either it's a conduit for the shade or it's where it's storing Superego. Either way, I'm not entirely sure Superego is even save-able..."

(05-19-2016, 04:05 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 03:54 AM)Surge Wrote: "It's possible he is still in there if we can separate him from the shade, but I honestly don't know. I do know that to get this far he has completely opened his mind to that shade or it has forced its way in. I don't know the exact mechanics and I don't think I could find a relatively sane shade who does, but to open a portal to a reality the shade needs to know of that reality, which requires the host to willingly comply with the shade in the void while they are still capable of doing so, so he has willingly laid bare an appreciable chunk of himself to that shade."

"I'm assuming it has something to do with that crystal in its shoulder... I'll bet that either it's a conduit for the shade or it's where it's storing Superego. Either way, I'm not entirely sure Superego is even save-able..."
"I'm more concerned with dealing with the shade. They don't require a physical tether like that and if I banish it back to the void it can just return now. Honestly it'll be far easier to stop in the short term while tethering itself to a physical and mortal form like this."

(05-19-2016, 03:32 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 02:42 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "By which standards of qualification?  I need no lab.  Only somewhere where there is nobody.  I'll even pay for short term rent if there is somewhere.  I can't very well do it outside town lest I be attacked.  I am no fighter by most terms."

//He's not actually asking to join the actual science section. 

"I have scanning magic that goes a bit deeper than most equipment ever can.  Lets me instantly or nearly instantly ascertain the qualities of materials, waves, magicks and other such entities, and change their form or remake them to various extent by contact.  It is family based, and is inherited rather than taught."  He crossed his arms And tilted his head for a moment.  "I will only need the empty space for less than an hour...  Hopefully."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 02:30 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 02:22 AM)achroma Wrote: *the avali wakes up dazed, dusty from being dragged and a trails blood*

The Avali wakes up in a cell in the station. an unarmored Kineptic guard is standing on the other side of the bars. The bleeding area seems to have been bandaged.
"You're in custody at one of the Guard stations."
*the avali sits up, with a expression of disbelief*
"And why am I here? Or atleast what did i do?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 03:55 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 01:49 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "That does look like a feminine body, at least by humanoid standards. Other than from a medical perspective dealing with anatomy features, does it really matter though?"

Danu's own body was obviously feminine as well, in a way that often got her in trouble among her own kind and put her in awkward situations. Fortunately there hadn't been a lot of that around her since her eternal wandering began.
might just be a very immasculine male, but it definitely likes you.
*rolls onto it's back and shows off its soft belly and chest, framed in a lighter shade of gray and softer. This is saying something as it has enough plumage that it never truly stays all the way down*

Now that I've seen plenty, just poke Remy's sides and they'll roll over and repeatedly chirp till you rub that round and fluffy gut.

*meanwhile a very similar figure in tattered robes watches from a distance omniously. The face of this construct is featureless save for a few small dimples housing sensor equipment and many claw marks. It looks much similiar but the head is slightly larger and the frame is not in a severely dilapidated condition*

"You sure he needs a doctor? It seems more like they ate too much and just need to rest somewhere comfortable. You should travel with him more so that he gets excercise and more variety in meals."

Danu doesn't notice the strange presence watching them. They are after all, in a busy hospital. There were probably a lot of people watching while waiting for their turn with a doctor or nurse.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 01:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 03:55 AM)Rahizel Wrote: might just be a very immasculine male, but it definitely likes you.

"You sure he needs a doctor? It seems more like they ate too much and just need to rest somewhere comfortable. You should travel with him more so that he gets excercise and more variety in meals."

Danu doesn't notice the strange presence watching them. They are after all, in a busy hospital. There were probably a lot of people watching while waiting for their turn with a doctor or nurse.
yeaaahhh... Seems fine now.

I think the main reason I keep him around is that he's well, the Mercutio to my Benvolio.
Where to next though...

(05-19-2016, 04:08 AM)Surge Wrote: "I'm more concerned with dealing with the shade. They don't require a physical tether like that and if I banish it back to the void it can just return now. Honestly it'll be far easier to stop in the short term while tethering itself to a physical and mortal form like this."

"So what you're saying is that we need to destroy its vessel as soon as we can?... If that's the case, I think it's justified to hack into the Guards' security feeds. They have surveillance drones designed to search for threats. I think they might've deployed them already."

(05-19-2016, 04:56 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "I have scanning magic that goes a bit deeper than most equipment ever can.  Lets me instantly or nearly instantly ascertain the qualities of materials, waves, magicks and other such entities, and change their form or remake them to various extent by contact.  It is family based, and is inherited rather than taught."  He crossed his arms And tilted his head for a moment.  "I will only need the empty space for less than an hour...  Hopefully."

"So you need an empty space, then?..."

(05-19-2016, 09:40 AM)achroma Wrote: *the avali sits up, with a expression of disbelief*
"And why am I here? Or atleast what did i do?"

"You broke into a hospital armed, then attempted to use Manipulation-class magic to resist arrest, resisted arrest, and tried to bribe a Guard to let you go." The Kineptic glances at the Avali. "In other words, you're in hot water unless you have an explanation for what you did."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-19-2016

(05-18-2016, 03:41 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 04:59 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor chuckles. "Guess it doesn't hurt to be prepared."

He looks around the house again, then out the window. He rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Speaking of which... I should get some upgrades. Now that I'm a Guard, I'm sure that wouldn't hurt, right?"

"Well... Depends on what you mean by 'upgrades'... I wouldn't augment your body further for things you might not need to use."

"Nothing drastic, of course. Just things like... I don't know, maybe a self-sufficient power supply. Maybe improved actuators too. Those are probably expensive, though..."

He thinks for a few moments, then looks at Umbra and State.  "What's the salary like for a member of the High Guard?"

(05-19-2016, 10:35 PM)Comito Wrote: "Nothing drastic, of course. Just things like... I don't know, maybe a self-sufficient power supply. Maybe improved actuators too. Those are probably expensive, though..."

He thinks for a few moments, then looks at Umbra and State.  "What's the salary like for a member of the High Guard?"

"It's higher, but... Not by too much. We're just Guards that were chosen to be part of a higher thing for some reason. I was chosen because... Well, actually, I'm not sure. If I remember correctly, though, State here was chosen for being an excellent Guard. He's part of a group in the High Guard called the Paladins. They're basically regular Guards that rose through the ranks and have permission to use more, uh... Deadly weaponry if needed. They're also permitted to wear the heavier, bulkier Paladin Mark Two armor, which is what State's wearing right now and might break my couch with."
State stands up.
"Thank you."