Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 10:18 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 04:08 AM)Surge Wrote: "I'm more concerned with dealing with the shade. They don't require a physical tether like that and if I banish it back to the void it can just return now. Honestly it'll be far easier to stop in the short term while tethering itself to a physical and mortal form like this."

"So what you're saying is that we need to destroy its vessel as soon as we can?... If that's the case, I think it's justified to hack into the Guards' security feeds. They have surveillance drones designed to search for threats. I think they might've deployed them already."

(05-19-2016, 04:56 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "I have scanning magic that goes a bit deeper than most equipment ever can.  Lets me instantly or nearly instantly ascertain the qualities of materials, waves, magicks and other such entities, and change their form or remake them to various extent by contact.  It is family based, and is inherited rather than taught."  He crossed his arms And tilted his head for a moment.  "I will only need the empty space for less than an hour...  Hopefully."

"So you need an empty space, then?..."

(05-19-2016, 09:40 AM)achroma Wrote: *the avali sits up, with a expression of disbelief*
"And why am I here? Or atleast what did i do?"

"You broke into a hospital armed, then attempted to use Manipulation-class magic to resist arrest, resisted arrest, and tried to bribe a Guard to let you go." The Kineptic glances at the Avali. "In other words, you're in hot water unless you have an explanation for what you did."
*the avali just stares at the kineptic in disbelief*
"... I knew the offer was too good to be true, and then this happens. There are things in the mountains of this world that do not have good intentions for the people of this planet..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 04:08 AM)Surge Wrote: "I'm more concerned with dealing with the shade. They don't require a physical tether like that and if I banish it back to the void it can just return now. Honestly it'll be far easier to stop in the short term while tethering itself to a physical and mortal form like this."

"So what you're saying is that we need to destroy its vessel as soon as we can?... If that's the case, I think it's justified to hack into the Guards' security feeds. They have surveillance drones designed to search for threats. I think they might've deployed them already."

(05-19-2016, 04:56 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "I have scanning magic that goes a bit deeper than most equipment ever can.  Lets me instantly or nearly instantly ascertain the qualities of materials, waves, magicks and other such entities, and change their form or remake them to various extent by contact.  It is family based, and is inherited rather than taught."  He crossed his arms And tilted his head for a moment.  "I will only need the empty space for less than an hour...  Hopefully."

(05-19-2016, 09:40 AM)achroma Wrote: *the avali sits up, with a expression of disbelief*
"And why am I here? Or atleast what did i do?"

"You broke into a hospital armed, then attempted to use Manipulation-class magic to resist arrest, resisted arrest, and tried to bribe a Guard to let you go." The Kineptic glances at the Avali. "In other words, you're in hot water unless you have an explanation for what you did."
"No I'm saying it will be relatively easy the first time but very hard the last time."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-20-2016

// might be dropping out on this, got a bad habit of putting myself in a corner. I'm not very experienced with this anyways

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-20-2016

(05-20-2016, 01:01 AM)Rahizel Wrote: // might be dropping out on this, got a bad habit of putting myself in a corner. I'm not very experienced with this anyways

//Or just go wander the town some. That's what Danu was going to do until somethign else came up that would need her.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-20-2016

*A medium sized vertebrate from a undiscovered species, lies on the ground, presumed to have been dropped by the "criminal". It beckons to be picked up, and seems to attract begins with arcane Capabilities*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-20-2016

(05-19-2016, 11:00 PM)achroma Wrote: *the avali just stares at the kineptic in disbelief*
"... I knew the offer was too good to be true, and then this happens. There are things in the mountains of this world that do not have good intentions for the people of this planet..."

"Really?... Do these 'things in the mountains' have anything to do with this?" The Kineptic holds the vertebra that came off of the Avali slightly in front of him.

(05-19-2016, 11:39 PM)Surge Wrote: "No I'm saying it will be relatively easy the first time but very hard the last time."

"Oh. Well, we should still find the others as soon as we can..."

(05-20-2016, 01:16 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 11:00 PM)achroma Wrote: *the avali just stares at the kineptic in disbelief*

"Really?... Do these 'things in the mountains' have anything to do with this?" The Kineptic holds the vertebra that came off of the Avali slightly in front of him.

(05-19-2016, 11:39 PM)Surge Wrote: "No I'm saying it will be relatively easy the first time but very hard the last time."

*the avali frowns, obviously concerned.*
"Yes it it, and I would advise you put it down. They gave it to me as a "contract". I passed out in a blizzard, and now I'm here."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-20-2016

(05-20-2016, 01:16 AM)Umbra Wrote:

"Yes this is a very difficult position we are in. The longer we wait the more damage it will do but the faster we act the longer it can run around unimpeded until we figure out how to destroy it. I will have to check if I can find any mortal weakness common to the shades, though only they know anything about themselves and it is unlikely they would learn how to kill themselves, nevermind share that info."

(05-20-2016, 01:07 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 01:01 AM)Rahizel Wrote: // might be dropping out on this, got a bad habit of putting myself in a corner. I'm not very experienced with this anyways

//Or just go wander the town some. That's what Danu was going to do until somethign else came up that would need her.
// okay?

So, Danu I think it was... What is this fat and fluffy creature called? I'm somewhat worried to admit that it's goofy displays of, cuteness affect even me. He really is my foil, the Mercutio to my Benvolio is a good way to put it.

By the way, you can call me Rahizel

*has its paws wrapled around the robes at the waist as it leans against Rahi*

Yes I said it, you are stupidly cute. Don't let it go to your head.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-20-2016

(05-19-2016, 10:52 PM)Umbra Wrote: "It's higher, but... Not by too much. We're just Guards that were chosen to be part of a higher thing for some reason. I was chosen because... Well, actually, I'm not sure. If I remember correctly, though, State here was chosen for being an excellent Guard. He's part of a group in the High Guard called the Paladins. They're basically regular Guards that rose through the ranks and have permission to use more, uh... Deadly weaponry if needed. They're also permitted to wear the heavier, bulkier Paladin Mark Two armor, which is what State's wearing right now and might break my couch with."
State stands up.
"Thank you."

Gregor listens intently, absorbing everything Umbra says.

"Very interesting... Maybe some day I'll be a Paladin too? Even if I don't, I'll keep doing my duty to the best of my ability."

He tries to reach the remote for the TV, but it's a bit out of reach for him. "Can I see what's on?"

(05-20-2016, 01:21 AM)achroma Wrote: *the avali frowns, obviously concerned.*
"Yes it it, and I would advise you put it down. They gave it to me as a "contract". I passed out in a blizzard, and now I'm here."

"Sounds like kind of a bad contract... You're sure you have no memory whatsoever of the crimes you just committed?"

(05-20-2016, 01:34 AM)Surge Wrote: "Yes this is a very difficult position we are in. The longer we wait the more damage it will do but the faster we act the longer it can run around unimpeded until we figure out how to destroy it. I will have to check if I can find any mortal weakness common to the shades, though only they know anything about themselves and it is unlikely they would learn how to kill themselves, nevermind share that info."

"So... How should we approach this if we can't act quickly or slowly?"

(05-20-2016, 01:51 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor listens intently, absorbing everything Umbra says.

"Very interesting... Maybe some day I'll be a Paladin too? Even if I don't, I'll keep doing my duty to the best of my ability."

He tries to reach the remote for the TV, but it's a bit out of reach for him. "Can I see what's on?"

"Well, here's hoping you make it up there with us! It'll be great to work with you more often. And, uh, sure." Umbra passes the remote to Gregor.

(05-20-2016, 01:43 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 01:07 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Or just go wander the town some. That's what Danu was going to do until somethign else came up that would need her.
// okay?

So, Danu I think it was... What is this fat and fluffy creature called? I'm somewhat worried to admit that it's goofy displays of, cuteness affect even me. He really is my foil, the Mercutio to my Benvolio is a good way to put it.

By the way, you can call me Rahizel

*has its paws wrapled around the robes at the waist as it leans against Rahi*

Yes I said it, you are stupidly cute. Don't let it go to your head.

"If I had to guess, its some type of Gryphon. Nice to meet you Razhizel. You have a nice name, a name with meaning in many cultures."

Danu smiles and watches the duo, picking up her toolbox once more.

"Anyway I was going to make my way home, its a fair walk if you happened to be going the same direction."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-20-2016

(05-20-2016, 03:12 AM)Umbra Wrote:

"Sounds like kind of a bad contract... You're sure you have no memory whatsoever of the crimes you just committed?"

(05-20-2016, 01:34 AM)Surge Wrote: "Yes this is a very difficult position we are in. The longer we wait the more damage it will do but the faster we act the longer it can run around unimpeded until we figure out how to destroy it. I will have to check if I can find any mortal weakness common to the shades, though only they know anything about themselves and it is unlikely they would learn how to kill themselves, nevermind share that info."

(05-20-2016, 01:51 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor listens intently, absorbing everything Umbra says.

"Well, here's hoping you make it up there with us! It'll be great to work with you more often. And, uh, sure." Umbra passes the remote to Gregor.
"I guess we act quickly and improvise from there." 753 shrugs as a gentle hum becomes audible from the columns.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-20-2016

(05-20-2016, 03:12 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Well, here's hoping you make it up there with us! It'll be great to work with you more often. And, uh, sure." Umbra passes the remote to Gregor.

"Thank you." He takes the remote and turns the TV on to see what's in today's news. He expects it to be about the recent attack, or maybe something else. He just needs something to pass the time...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-20-2016

(05-19-2016, 04:56 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "I have scanning magic that goes a bit deeper than most equipment ever can.  Lets me instantly or nearly instantly ascertain the qualities of materials, waves, magicks and other such entities, and change their form or remake them to various extent by contact.  It is family based, and is inherited rather than taught."  He crossed his arms And tilted his head for a moment.  "I will only need the empty space for less than an hour...  Hopefully."

"Yes.  I came here because just picking some random spot and panicking everyone by telling them to leave and stay away would probably get me in trouble with the guards.  And I'm relatively new here to start with anyways.  Don't need to go getting myself a record already."

//"when everything changes, nothing changes."  with little currently going on, anything even slightly interesting would be on the news.  Including the "man found blind after magick mishap, gets cured within a few hours." story following the attack story, then likely advertisements and back to the news on any "new developements".  I haven't watched the news much.  But I've read their schedules and studied how they tend to focus.  Especially in times of great inaction.  They're likely to search out Danu to try getting an interview.  Sound about right for reporters?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 05-20-2016

//Just to be clear, are we allowed to create characters that are already part of the Eden and the planet below?

(05-20-2016, 03:12 AM)Umbra Wrote:

*the avali continues to look at the vertibra*
"I'm still having trouble believing that i tried to break into a hospital armed."
*the kineptic would have a urge to keep the vertebra, no matter the circumstantial* 

(05-20-2016, 06:54 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //"when everything changes, nothing changes."  with little currently going on, anything even slightly interesting would be on the news.  Including the "man found blind after magick mishap, gets cured within a few hours." story following the attack story, then likely advertisements and back to the news on any "new developements".  I haven't watched the news much.  But I've read their schedules and studied how they tend to focus.  Especially in times of great inaction.  They're likely to search out Danu to try getting an interview.  Sound about right for reporters?

//That's if the reporters knew Danu was the one that cured him. Patient confidentiality and all, she'd have asked the doctors not to spread it around what she does. Of course it doesn't stop them from asking anyway and interviewing people at the hospital to find someone talkative. News of an avali getting arrested for breaking in would be announced too.

(05-20-2016, 04:21 AM)Comito Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 03:12 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Well, here's hoping you make it up there with us! It'll be great to work with you more often. And, uh, sure." Umbra passes the remote to Gregor.

"Thank you." He takes the remote and turns the TV on to see what's in today's news. He expects it to be about the recent attack, or maybe something else. He just needs something to pass the time...
*theres sounds of something with claws walking on the roof*
*Distant screaming* RRREEEEEMMMYYY!

(05-20-2016, 04:09 AM)Surge Wrote: "I guess we act quickly and improvise from there." 753 shrugs as a gentle hum becomes audible from the columns.

"Right, that's probably best... Um, mind if I ask why the columns are humming?"

(05-20-2016, 06:54 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Yes.  I came here because just picking some random spot and panicking everyone by telling them to leave and stay away would probably get me in trouble with the guards.  And I'm relatively new here to start with anyways.  Don't need to go getting myself a record already."

//"when everything changes, nothing changes."  with little currently going on, anything even slightly interesting would be on the news.  Including the "man found blind after magick mishap, gets cured within a few hours." story following the attack story, then likely advertisements and back to the news on any "new developements".  I haven't watched the news much.  But I've read their schedules and studied how they tend to focus.  Especially in times of great inaction.  They're likely to search out Danu to try getting an interview.  Sound about right for reporters?

"Sure, I think we have an empty room somewhere in the building... Let me check to see where it is." The receptionist fiddles with her computer for a minute. "Ah, there it is. Just down the hall, third door on the left." She hands Zeurei some sort of pass.

// yeah, sounds about right.

(05-20-2016, 08:10 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //Just to be clear, are we allowed to create characters that are already part of the Eden and the planet below?

// Of course.

(05-20-2016, 09:59 AM)achroma Wrote: *the avali continues to look at the vertibra*
"I'm still having trouble believing that i tried to break into a hospital armed."
*the kineptic would have a urge to keep the vertebra, no matter the circumstantial* 

"...Right. You're free to go- something or someone else was clearly controlling you via Manipulation-class magic. If we get any trouble from you again, though, you're coming right back here. Understood?"

(05-20-2016, 02:53 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *theres sounds of something with claws walking on the roof*
*Distant screaming* RRREEEEEMMMYYY!

"...State, could you go check on what that is?"
The front door closes.
"...Never mind, then."
A standoffish-looking Glitch in heavy Guard-issue power armor exits the house and looks for the source of the disturbance.