Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-20-2016

(05-20-2016, 10:05 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 04:09 AM)Surge Wrote: "I guess we act quickly and improvise from there." 753 shrugs as a gentle hum becomes audible from the columns.

"Right, that's probably best... Um, mind if I ask why the columns are humming?"

(05-20-2016, 06:54 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Yes.  I came here because just picking some random spot and panicking everyone by telling them to leave and stay away would probably get me in trouble with the guards.  And I'm relatively new here to start with anyways.  Don't need to go getting myself a record already."

//"when everything changes, nothing changes."  with little currently going on, anything even slightly interesting would be on the news.  Including the "man found blind after magick mishap, gets cured within a few hours." story following the attack story, then likely advertisements and back to the news on any "new developements".  I haven't watched the news much.  But I've read their schedules and studied how they tend to focus.  Especially in times of great inaction.  They're likely to search out Danu to try getting an interview.  Sound about right for reporters?

"Sure, I think we have an empty room somewhere in the building... Let me check to see where it is." The receptionist fiddles with her computer for a minute. "Ah, there it is. Just down the hall, third door on the left." She hands Zeurei some sort of pass.

// yeah, sounds about right.

(05-20-2016, 08:10 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //Just to be clear, are we allowed to create characters that are already part of the Eden and the planet below?

// Of course.

(05-20-2016, 09:59 AM)achroma Wrote: *the avali continues to look at the vertibra*
"I'm still having trouble believing that i tried to break into a hospital armed."
*the kineptic would have a urge to keep the vertebra, no matter the circumstantial* 

"...Right. You're free to go- something or someone else was clearly controlling you via Manipulation-class magic. If we get any trouble from you again, though, you're coming right back here. Understood?"

(05-20-2016, 02:53 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *theres sounds of something with claws walking on the roof*
*Distant screaming* RRREEEEEMMMYYY!

"...State, could you go check on what that is?"
The front door closes.
"...Never mind, then."
A standoffish-looking Glitch in heavy Guard-issue power armor exits the house and looks for the source of the disturbance.
*is just sitting on the roof, staring back*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-20-2016

(05-20-2016, 10:06 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 10:05 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Right, that's probably best... Um, mind if I ask why the columns are humming?"

"Sure, I think we have an empty room somewhere in the building... Let me check to see where it is." The receptionist fiddles with her computer for a minute. "Ah, there it is. Just down the hall, third door on the left." She hands Zeurei some sort of pass.

// Of course.

"...Right. You're free to go- something or someone else was clearly controlling you via Manipulation-class magic. If we get any trouble from you again, though, you're coming right back here. Understood?"

The front door closes.
"...Never mind, then."
A standoffish-looking Glitch in heavy Guard-issue power armor exits the house and looks for the source of the disturbance.
*is just sitting on the roof, staring back*

State points at the ground.
"Down."

(05-20-2016, 10:34 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 10:06 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *is just sitting on the roof, staring back*

State points at the ground.
"Down."
*stands up on its short hind legs briefly to let out a defiant squawk*

BRAAAAAWK!

^v^

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-20-2016

(05-20-2016, 04:09 AM)Surge Wrote: "I guess we act quickly and improvise from there." 753 shrugs as a gentle hum becomes audible from the columns.

(05-20-2016, 06:54 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Yes.  I came here because just picking some random spot and panicking everyone by telling them to leave and stay away would probably get me in trouble with the guards.  And I'm relatively new here to start with anyways.  Don't need to go getting myself a record already."

//"when everything changes, nothing changes."  with little currently going on, anything even slightly interesting would be on the news.  Including the "man found blind after magick mishap, gets cured within a few hours." story following the attack story, then likely advertisements and back to the news on any "new developements".  I haven't watched the news much.  But I've read their schedules and studied how they tend to focus.  Especially in times of great inaction.  They're likely to search out Danu to try getting an interview.  Sound about right for reporters?

(05-20-2016, 08:10 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //Just to be clear, are we allowed to create characters that are already part of the Eden and the planet below?

// Of course.

(05-20-2016, 09:59 AM)achroma Wrote: *the avali continues to look at the vertibra*
"I'm still having trouble believing that i tried to break into a hospital armed."
*the kineptic would have a urge to keep the vertebra, no matter the circumstantial* 

(05-20-2016, 02:53 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *theres sounds of something with claws walking on the roof*

The front door closes.
"...Never mind, then."
"Cooling. A server cluster like this generates a lot of heat once it gets going and I'm going to need all this power to try and find a solution. I'll likely have it running numbers and simulations with what data I have for a few hours."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-20-2016

Gregor exits the house and stands by State, following his gaze. "What is it, sir? A..."

He stares at the gryphon, dumbfounded. "...What is that?"

(05-20-2016, 10:48 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor exits the house and stands by State, following his gaze. "What is it, sir? A..."

*peeks it's head over the edge with a jubilant expression*
Raaahhh~

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-20-2016

(05-20-2016, 10:45 PM)Surge Wrote: "Cooling. A server cluster like this generates a lot of heat once it gets going and I'm going to need all this power to try and find a solution. I'll likely have it running numbers and simulations with what data I have for a few hours."

"Oh. So... Do you still need me for anything?"

(05-20-2016, 10:48 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor exits the house and stands by State, following his gaze. "What is it, sir? A..."

"I do not know, but it better get down from the roof."

(05-20-2016, 10:40 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *stands up on its short hind legs briefly to let out a defiant squawk*

BRAAAAAWK!

^v^

(05-20-2016, 10:53 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *peeks it's head over the edge with a jubilant expression*
Raaahhh~

"I will ask again. Get down."

(05-20-2016, 11:19 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 10:45 PM)Surge Wrote: "Cooling. A server cluster like this generates a lot of heat once it gets going and I'm going to need all this power to try and find a solution. I'll likely have it running numbers and simulations with what data I have for a few hours."

(05-20-2016, 10:40 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *stands up on its short hind legs briefly to let out a defiant squawk*

BRAAAAAWK!

^v^

(05-20-2016, 10:53 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *peeks it's head over the edge with a jubilant expression*
Raaahhh~

*the secret of how such a pudgy gryphon got there as it spreads it's truly enormous wings and leaps up and lazily glides to another rooftop, then another, and another...*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-20-2016

BRAAAAAWK!

^v^

Raaahhh~

"Hmmm no I suppose not." a small portal deposits a tablet device into 753's hand and he passes it to empathy "you should be able to access any local surveillance you need through this, unless they reset the security protocols or something. Good luck" 753 waves as another portal carries empathy and the device back to Eden.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-20-2016

BRAAAAAWK!

^v^

Raaahhh~

Gregor watches it glide away. "Well that's something you don't see every day. Should we call animal control or something? Do we even have an animal control down here?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-21-2016

(05-20-2016, 11:44 PM)Comito Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 11:19 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Oh. So... Do you still need me for anything?"

Gregor watches it glide away. "Well that's something you don't see every day. Should we call animal control or something? Do we even have an animal control down here?"

*the gryphon comes in for a landing, but botches it entirely and tumbles and lands on its back at Gregor's feet, looking quite embarrassed with its rounded gut all out there. Not a good first impression.*
Raahhh?

*poses like a puppy begging as it realizes it's precarious situation*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-21-2016

(05-20-2016, 11:38 PM)Surge Wrote: "Hmmm no I suppose not." a small portal deposits a tablet device into 753's hand and he passes it to empathy "you should be able to access any local surveillance you need through this, unless they reset the security protocols or something. Good luck" 753 waves as another portal carries empathy and the device back to Eden.

Empathy regais his bearings and runs up to Ezekiel and Order. "Right. 753 and I just had a talk..."
"That was fast."
"...And we've come up with a plan. If the Guards find either of the other two, we'll know."
"Excellent."

(05-20-2016, 11:44 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor watches it glide away. "Well that's something you don't see every day. Should we call animal control or something? Do we even have an animal control down here?"

"I do not think we need to worry. Someone yelled a name when we heard it land. Perhaps it is a pet."

(05-21-2016, 12:15 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *the gryphon comes in for a landing, but botches it entirely and tumbles and lands on its back at Gregor's feet, looking quite embarrassed with its rounded gut all out there.*
Raahhh?

State watches the Gryph, seemingly cautiously, bu tit's hard to tell. He's showed no physical signs of emotion to either it or Gregor, and the static crosshair he has for a right 'eye' is particularly disturbing.

---

Cropped Mountain. 10 miles west from Woodport. (finally decided on a town name! It's near a forest and the coast, hence the uncreative name.)
The snow-covered, flat summit of Cropped Mountain lays silent, the heavy snowfall obscuring most things from sight.
A mysterious cloaked figure, armed to the teeth, trods through the knee-high blanket of snow, covering its already shrouded face with one arm for better vision.
It walks straight into a solid object; an abnormality, as the summit is supposed to be flat. It looks harder upon what it just bumped into to see...
Another figure similar in appearance encased in a block of ice.
Just as it turns to run, a light blue ghost cuts off its path.
A frozen state of stasis cuts their cry short.

---

Another town several miles away. Last night.
A shrouded being walks along the empty streets, drawing the attention of a Guard.
"Hey, you! Hold up a minute!"
The figure stops and lets the Guard approach. "Yes? What is it, officer?"
"Mind if I ask what you're doing out here in the middle of the night?"
"Oh, sorry, I'm just... In a hurry. I need to get to Woodport... Do you know which way that is?"
"Why not just take a shuttle?"
"I can't. For... Reasons I can't divulge."
"...Right. It's to the Southeast. Just follow the road."
"Thank you. I'll be on my way, then..." The shrouded figure starts walking again.
"Wait, come back here! You haven't answered-"
By the time the Guard turns, the figure is already gone.

(05-21-2016, 12:16 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 11:38 PM)Surge Wrote: "Hmmm no I suppose not." a small portal deposits a tablet device into 753's hand and he passes it to empathy "you should be able to access any local surveillance you need through this, unless they reset the security protocols or something. Good luck" 753 waves as another portal carries empathy and the device back to Eden.

Empathy regais his bearings and runs up to Ezekiel and Order. "Right. 753 and I just had a talk..."
"That was fast."
"...And we've come up with a plan. If the Guards find either of the other two, we'll know."
"Excellent."

(05-20-2016, 11:44 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor watches it glide away. "Well that's something you don't see every day. Should we call animal control or something? Do we even have an animal control down here?"

"I do not think we need to worry. Someone yelled a name when we heard it land. Perhaps it is a pet."

(05-21-2016, 12:15 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *the gryphon comes in for a landing, but botches it entirely and tumbles and lands on its back at Gregor's feet, looking quite embarrassed with its rounded gut all out there.*
Raahhh?

State watches the Gryph, seemingly cautiously, bu tit's hard to tell. He's showed no physical signs of emotion to either it or Gregor, and the static crosshair he has for a right 'eye' is particularly disturbing.

---

Cropped Mountain. 10 miles west from Woodport. (finally decided on a town name! It's near a forest and the coast, hence the uncreative name.)
The snow-covered, flat summit of Cropped Mountain lays silent, the heavy snowfall obscuring most things from sight.
A mysterious cloaked figure, armed to the teeth, trods through the knee-high blanket of snow, covering its already shrouded face with one arm for better vision.
It walks straight into a solid object; an abnormality, as the summit is supposed to be flat. It looks harder upon what it just bumped into to see...
Another figure similar in appearance encased in a block of ice.
Just as it turns to run, a light blue ghost cuts off its path.
A frozen state of stasis cuts their cry short.

---

Another town several miles away. Last night.
A shrouded being walks along the empty streets, drawing the attention of a Guard.
"Hey, you! Hold up a minute!"
The figure stops and lets the Guard approach. "Yes? What is it, officer?"
"Mind if I ask what you're doing out here in the middle of the night?"
"Oh, sorry, I'm just... In a hurry. I need to get to Woodport... Do you know which way that is?"
"Why not just take a shuttle?"
"I can't. For... Reasons I can't divulge."
"...Right. It's to the Southeast. Just follow the road."
"Thank you. I'll be on my way, then..." The shrouded figure starts walking again.
"Wait, come back here! You haven't answered-"
By the time the Guard turns, the figure is already gone.
*meekly squawks, it's light grey belly fluff being the proverbial "white flag"*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-21-2016

(05-20-2016, 06:54 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Yes.  I came here because just picking some random spot and panicking everyone by telling them to leave and stay away would probably get me in trouble with the guards.  And I'm relatively new here to start with anyways.  Don't need to go getting myself a record already."

// Of course.

The front door closes.
"...Never mind, then."
"If you insist, and again, i recommend you put the vertebra down."
*the avali looks at the lock on the cell*
*the kineptic would hear "reality is the finest of flesh, oh bearer of mine.And are you not...hungry?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-21-2016

(05-21-2016, 12:16 AM)Umbra Wrote: "I do not think we need to worry. Someone yelled a name when we heard it land. Perhaps it is a pet."

Raahhh?

Gregor raises an eyebrow at first, but soon he starts grinning and reaches over to pet the creature's soft stomach. "Seems friendly, at least! And it's certainly eating well..."

(05-21-2016, 12:44 AM)achroma Wrote: "If you insist, and again, i recommend you put the vertebra down."
*the kineptic would hear "reality is the finest of flesh, oh bearer of mine.And are you not...hungry?"

The Kineptic hands the vertebra to another Guard, who takes it away. "Right. Let me let you out of here." He unlocks the door and opens it, gesturing for the Avali to exit.

(05-21-2016, 12:54 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor raises an eyebrow at first, but soon he starts grinning and reaches over to pet the creature's soft stomach. "Seems friendly, at least! And it's certainly eating well..."

"I suppose."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-21-2016

(05-21-2016, 02:03 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 12:44 AM)achroma Wrote: "If you insist, and again, i recommend you put the vertebra down."

The Kineptic hands the vertebra to another Guard, who takes it away. "Right. Let me let you out of here." He unlocks the door and opens it, gesturing for the Avali to exit.

(05-21-2016, 12:54 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor raises an eyebrow at first, but soon he starts grinning and reaches over to pet the creature's soft stomach. "Seems friendly, at least! And it's certainly eating well..."

"I suppose."
*the avali leaves the cell and waves.*
"Hopeful I'll never see this cell again. Contact me if anything strange goes on."
"Slay him, he know too much."
*the urge to attack grows, the more the kineptic resists*

(05-21-2016, 12:54 AM)Comito Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 12:16 AM)Umbra Wrote: "I do not think we need to worry. Someone yelled a name when we heard it land. Perhaps it is a pet."

Gregor raises an eyebrow at first, but soon he starts grinning and reaches over to pet the creature's soft stomach. "Seems friendly, at least! And it's certainly eating well..."

*the gryph is quite heavy set but it's mostly around the waistline and the chest is slightly squishy (somewhat feminine shape I guess hard to describe). It just goes limp and becomes a purring mess of plumage after continued petting, purring softly and laying still*
(05-21-2016, 02:03 AM)Umbra Wrote:

"I suppose."
*sticks its tongue out in his general direction as it soaks up affection like a sponge*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-21-2016

Danu had made her way home, and was in her garden gently tilling the earth for a new planting. It was set back from the street a little ways for privacy, but she usually didn't mind people coming to visit her.

The forest around her cottage was thick and healthy, sheltering wildlife- but also being a home for monsters that left her always taking care when going too far from the house.

(05-21-2016, 02:11 AM)achroma Wrote: *the avali leaves the cell and waves.*
"Hopeful I'll never see this cell again. Contact me if anything strange goes on."
"Slay him, he know too much."
*the urge to attack grows, the more the kineptic resists*

Shut it. I'm trained against this sort of thing, and it's not going to work. Now stuff a sock in it before I destroy valuable evidence.