Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-21-2016

(05-20-2016, 10:05 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 06:54 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Yes.  I came here because just picking some random spot and panicking everyone by telling them to leave and stay away would probably get me in trouble with the guards.  And I'm relatively new here to start with anyways.  Don't need to go getting myself a record already."

//"when everything changes, nothing changes."  with little currently going on, anything even slightly interesting would be on the news.  Including the "man found blind after magick mishap, gets cured within a few hours." story following the attack story, then likely advertisements and back to the news on any "new developements".  I haven't watched the news much.  But I've read their schedules and studied how they tend to focus.  Especially in times of great inaction.  They're likely to search out Danu to try getting an interview.  Sound about right for reporters?

"Sure, I think we have an empty room somewhere in the building... Let me check to see where it is." The receptionist fiddles with her computer for a minute. "Ah, there it is. Just down the hall, third door on the left." She hands Zeurei some sort of pass.

Zeurei nodded taking the pass.  "thank you."  And he passed by quickly finding the room and stepping in.  Pretty basic room, general purpose, some visible systems at the corners of the room.  Physical damping on the walls probably.   

But he stepped inside getting to work setting his simple experiment up as his eyes grew alight, checking the proportions of the room, air density and pressure, G-unit value.  The usual. 

It was an experiment, but it was also the hitting rocks together type of one since there's no real way to have a control.  Besides: Not like he was writing it down anyways.  Moving to the center of the room, he closed his eyes, stabilizing and slowing his breathing and heart-rate.  There he sat unmoving for an entire 10 minutes until his eyes finally shot back open. 

The lit globes seemed to float away from him, combining into a centralized orb midair as they began to extend until there was an aura filling the room of that same familiar blue.  Standing, he pulled out the recently acquired "gems", preparing for what he thought the likely outcome of this test would be.  Very well might be painful for him.  But eh, worth it as far as he was concerned.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 05-21-2016

A passive onlooker would not notice Thomas Miklós smiling, this would possibly be due to his constant, unnervingly alien grin, lack of clearly positioned eyes and a large portion of facial muscles present in humans as well as the fact his face was almost entirely obsured -save the eyes on the sides of his head- by a scarf and a toque. A passive onlooker however would notice Miklós' emaciated limbs, abnormal height and unnervingly pale and smooth skin present on his hands. A passive onlooker would probably avoid Thomas Miklós, however he remained pretty ignorant of his flaws and strutted up to the Guard Station, fiddling with a pen in hand. He took a deep breath through slitted nostrils and approached where he thought he'd find reception.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-21-2016

(05-21-2016, 04:58 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 02:11 AM)achroma Wrote: *the avali leaves the cell and waves.*
"Hopeful I'll never see this cell again. Contact me if anything strange goes on."
"Slay him, he know too much."
*the urge to attack grows, the more the kineptic resists*

Shut it. I'm trained against this sort of thing, and it's not going to work. Now stuff a sock in it before I destroy valuable evidence.
*the avali heads back to the hospital, still trying to figure what happend*.
*I will snap your mind, and you will submit. I've driven plenty of people insane. Give me control, and you will have assured safety, oh friend of mine"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-21-2016

*seems that Gregor might have made the gryphon fall asleep*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-21-2016

(05-21-2016, 10:33 AM)achroma Wrote: *the avali heads back to the hospital, still trying to figure what happend*.
*I will snap your mind, and you will submit. I've driven plenty of people insane. Give me control, and you will have assured safety, oh friend of mine"

The mysterious voice receives static. The connection's been completely lost.

// I, uh, had a thought... What mountains, exactly, are housing this thing? If it's the same one in that thing I typed yesterday, it might give an opportunity to mesh plots a tiny bit.

(05-21-2016, 08:43 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: A passive onlooker would not notice Thomas Miklós smiling, this would possibly be due to his constant, unnervingly alien grin, lack of clearly positioned eyes and a large portion of facial muscles present in humans as well as the fact his face was almost entirely obsured -save the eyes on the sides of his head- by a scarf and a toque. A passive onlooker however would notice Miklós' emaciated limbs, abnormal height and unnervingly pale and smooth skin present on his hands. A passive onlooker would probably avoid Thomas Miklós, however he remained pretty ignorant of his flaws and strutted up to the Guard Station, fiddling with a pen in hand. He took a deep breath through slitted nostrils and approached where he thought he'd find reception.

The receptionist takes one look and immediately wonders what Tom is.
"Hello... Sir?... How can I help?"

*occasionally chirps in its sleep *

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 05-21-2016

(05-21-2016, 02:32 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 10:33 AM)achroma Wrote: *the avali heads back to the hospital, still trying to figure what happend*.

// I, uh, had a thought... What mountains, exactly, are housing this thing? If it's the same one in that thing I typed yesterday, it might give an opportunity to mesh plots a tiny bit.

(05-21-2016, 08:43 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: A passive onlooker would not notice Thomas Miklós smiling, this would possibly be due to his constant, unnervingly alien grin, lack of clearly positioned eyes and a large portion of facial muscles present in humans as well as the fact his face was almost entirely obsured -save the eyes on the sides of his head- by a scarf and a toque. A passive onlooker however would notice Miklós' emaciated limbs, abnormal height and unnervingly pale and smooth skin present on his hands. A passive onlooker would probably avoid Thomas Miklós, however he remained pretty ignorant of his flaws and strutted up to the Guard Station, fiddling with a pen in hand. He took a deep breath through slitted nostrils and approached where he thought he'd find reception.

Miklós removes his scarf showing an almost nightmarish mouth and what looks to be a permanent grin. He speaks rather happily, with a voice that can only be described as pleasant to listen to.
"I was enquiring on joining the guards. Is there any way I can apply?"

*a robed figure covered head to toe in crimson cloth, similar to Rahizel, patrols the streets near some of the guards. It has a severe limp and its right leg drags on the ground leaving a trail of sparks. It's the size of a taller avali but there doesn't "seem" to be anything but metal. It's constantly cackling under its breath and occasionally coughing as if holds it's right elbow with the left hand. The display is quite unsettling to say the least*

*elsewhere in town*
REEEEEEEMY!?
Damnit where is that goofy gryphon gone to?

Anyone see a big grey birdlike creature flying around?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-21-2016

Meanwhile in a different reality a black furred creature is being beaten senseless by the bouncer of a night club, not that he seems to explicitly mind of course. Then rather abruptly the bouncer pauses, wavers, and passes out onto the ground, leaving the battered and bruised alien looking back and forth between the bouncer and now unguarded door when a voice speaks up behind him
"Do you usually spend your days allowing the locals to disfigure you?"
The creature abruptly turns around to face 753, attempting to smile at him before realizing his jaw was broken at some point during the fight, so he casually and silently slides it back into place before removing his sunglasses and looking over 753 with his vibrant red eyes
"Still running around in that same old body eh? And I usually don't bother with the door but I thought I'd see what it's like for once, turns out they expect me to prove who I am and such nonsense and then attacked me when I refused! I wanted to see how long he'd keep hitting me though" the man wipes the blood-matted fur and lacerations off his face the same way one might wipe off dirt and continues, his now clean face the very image of confidence "so what brings you out this way old pal?"
753 stood impassive "I need information, one of your kind is loose elsewhere and bent on destruction, I don't know how to stop it decisively, I need to know if you do."
The creature frowned, putting his sunglasses back on "I suppose that's kind of a thing that will happen, shades getting loose with ill intent. But I digress I don't know what to tell you, I just do my own thing out this way, I'm not a scientist like you and I haven't concerned myself with any void mumbo jumbo in years."
753 sighs "so you have nothing for me?"
The creature grins wide "have you tried taking it apart and not putting it back together?"
"....that may actually be a workable idea"
"Wait really?"
"I'll need to do some tests and such but yes I think so"
The alien gives 753 a perplexed look as the robot nods to himself for a moment and then remembers the man "oh yes, that man on the ground there won't wake up for a while longer, so you can simply walk in if you so wish" he quickly waves to the alien as he vanishes into a portal.

(05-21-2016, 03:41 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Miklós removes his scarf showing an almost nightmarish mouth and what looks to be a permanent grin. He speaks rather happily, with a voice that can only be described as pleasant to listen to.

"Yes, you need to fill out a form and apply for an interview..." The receptionist seems somewhat disturbed and oddly curious at the same time.

(05-21-2016, 03:54 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *a robed figure covered head to toe in crimson cloth, similar to Rahizel, patrols the streets near some of the guards. It has a severe limp and its right leg drags on the ground leaving a trail of sparks. It's the size of a taller avali but there doesn't "seem" to be anything but metal. It's constantly cackling under its breath and occasionally coughing as if holds it's right elbow with the left hand. The display is quite unsettling to say the least*

One Guard approaches the figure. "Ehm... You all right, there?"

(05-21-2016, 04:22 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 03:41 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Miklós removes his scarf showing an almost nightmarish mouth and what looks to be a permanent grin. He speaks rather happily, with a voice that can only be described as pleasant to listen to.

"Yes, you need to fill out a form and apply for an interview..." The receptionist seems somewhat disturbed and oddly curious at the same time.

(05-21-2016, 03:54 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *a robed figure covered head to toe in crimson cloth, similar to Rahizel, patrols the streets near some of the guards. It has a severe limp and its right leg drags on the ground leaving a trail of sparks. It's the size of a taller avali but there doesn't "seem" to be anything but metal. It's constantly cackling under its breath and occasionally coughing as if holds it's right elbow with the left hand. The display is quite unsettling to say the least*

One Guard approaches the figure. "Ehm... You all right, there?"
nyeheheheh.. hahahah...
*a bit of blood drips from the hood as it limps, a set of razor sharp metal claws can be seen wiping it off. It seems to not even notice*

Ah, my quarry...
*is watching from far behind, and after the guard speaks it walks forward, a shimmering mist starts to form right as it draws a rather large aerotech broadsword, but simply disappears in the mist and nothing can be seen or heard*

(05-21-2016, 04:27 PM)Rahizel Wrote: nyeheheheh..  hahahah...
*a bit of blood drips from the hood as it limps, a set of razor sharp metal claws can be seen wiping it off. It seems to not even notice*

Ah, my quarry...
*is watching from far behind, and after the guard speaks it walks forward, a shimmering mist starts to form right as it draws a rather large aerotech broadsword, but simply disappears in the mist and nothing can be seen or heard*

"What-" The Guards ready their shields and defensive gear. One radios in for backup.

Not long afterwards, back at Umbra's house, State takes off towards the scene.

(05-21-2016, 04:52 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 04:27 PM)Rahizel Wrote: nyeheheheh.. hahahah...

Ah, my quarry...

"What-" The Guards ready their shields and defensive gear. One radios in for backup.

Not long afterwards, back at Umbra's house, State's eyes briefly flare in color as he takes off towards the scene.
*cackles demonically as he holds his claws out and tremendous amounts of electricity arcs between them. Then he simply taps a guard and sends it on the floor like it got tazed*

NYAAAAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAHA!!
*the hood comes loose and reveals the figure is covered in heavy plating, for eyes theres just a dozen of small dots evenly spaced but an almost skeletal jaw is visible, constantly cackling as he casually walks to the next guard, speaking some unknown language or possibly gibberish*
NARGLE FRAGGLE SIM DUM RAAAAH
*trails off into insane jibbering*

*a pair of disembodied eyes watches, looking increasingly angered*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-21-2016

(05-21-2016, 05:00 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 04:52 PM)Umbra Wrote: "What-" The Guards ready their shields and defensive gear. One radios in for backup.

Not long afterwards, back at Umbra's house, State's eyes briefly flare in color as he takes off towards the scene.
*cackles demonically as he holds his claws out and tremendous amounts of electricity arcs between them. Then he simply taps a guard and sends it on the floor like it got tazed*

*the hood comes loose and reveals the figure is covered in heavy plating, for eyes theres just a dozen of small dots evenly spaced but an almost skeletal jaw is visible, constantly cackling as he casually walks to the next guard, speaking some unknown language or possibly gibberish*

Gregor watches State run off. "Hm... Guess I'd better tag along." He gives the sleeping gryphon one last look, then leaps over it and runs after State on all fours.

(05-21-2016, 05:00 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *cackles demonically as he holds his claws out and tremendous amounts of electricity arcs between them. Then he simply taps a guard and sends it on the floor like it got tazed*

The other Guard raises his shield in a defensive position.
State arrives on the scene and arms the submachine gun holstered on his right thigh, bringing up a larger shield than normal on his left arm. The gun hums with some sort of energy, emitting an orange glow in some parts of the casing seams.
"If you want a fight, freak, then focus on me instead." His crosshair eye glows a bit brighter than usual.

(05-21-2016, 06:35 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 05:00 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *cackles demonically as he holds his claws out and tremendous amounts of electricity arcs between them. Then he simply taps a guard and sends it on the floor like it got tazed*

The other Guard raises his shield in a defensive position.
State arrives on the scene and arms the submachine gun holstered on his right thigh, bringing up a larger shield than normal on his left arm. The gun hums with some sort of energy, emitting an orange glow in some parts of the casing seams.
"If you want a fight, freak, then focus on me instead." His crosshair eye glows a bit brighter than usual.
AAAAAAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAA!

*the metal maniac charges with a pistol in one hand and sword in the other, but a faint blur gets in the way and clotheslines him*

*mutters to himself as he appears from a suddenly materializing shimmering fog, like he's surrounded by a tiny electrical storm* time for that long as can be spiel.
*puts a foot on the maniac's chest and clears it's throat, reluctantly speaking a long speech of bureaucratic garbage*
TALOS core and host, designation D94C00. The grey labs of the first research fleet has sent me because you are... one thousand two hundred and seventy two days late to report in for dssynchronization. I am authorized to use dea-

*fires a single shot into the dark hood, cackling*
*pauses as the bullet impacts loudly and comes out the other end of the hood*

Deadly f-f-forceeee...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-21-2016

(05-21-2016, 02:32 PM)Umbra Wrote:

//it indeed is
*the vertibra begins to crack and hiss, letting out a vapor of spinal fluid*

(05-21-2016, 07:04 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 06:35 PM)Umbra Wrote: The other Guard raises his shield in a defensive position.
AAAAAAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAA!

*the metal maniac charges with a pistol in one hand and sword in the other, but a faint blur gets in the way and clotheslines him*

*mutters to himself as he appears from a suddenly materializing shimmering fog, like he's surrounded by a tiny electrical storm* time for that long as can be spiel.
*puts a foot on the maniac's chest and clears it's throat, reluctantly speaking a long speech of bureaucratic garbage*
TALOS core and host, designation D94C00. The grey labs of the first research fleet has sent me because you are... one thousand two hundred and seventy two days late to report in for dssynchronization. I am authorized to use dea-

Deadly f-f-forceeee...

Gregor shows up just in time to see this happen. "What the..."

(05-21-2016, 07:22 PM)achroma Wrote: //it indeed is
*the vertibra begins to crack and hiss, letting out a vapor of spinal fluid*

The Guard that was carrying it rushes over to its containment spot and puts it back.
In another room of the building...
"So, this... Vertebra thing... Took over that Avali's mind?"
"Yep."
"And it's in the mountains somewhere?"
"Yep."
"Right. Let's start getting a team together, then..."

---

The entity behind the mind control devices might have noticed by now that it's lost quite a few customers inexplicably...
Without warning, it recieves a message from one of the decommissioned 'customers,' but... It isn't the same voice.
I know what you're doing. It's not a good idea. You're drawing attention here, which is something I don't want. The Remnant might come after you... And, by extension, me.

(05-21-2016, 07:04 PM)Rahizel Wrote: AAAAAAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAA!

Deadly f-f-forceeee...

"Desynchronization, is it? Allow me to finish the job."
State opens fire on 'D94C00' with unnatural accuracy, aerogel bullets bombarding its shell.

(05-21-2016, 08:28 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 07:04 PM)Rahizel Wrote: AAAAAAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAA!

Deadly f-f-forceeee...

"Desynchronization, is it? Allow me to finish the job."
State opens fire on 'D94C00' with unnatural accuracy, aerogel bullets bombarding its shell.

Gregor steps back and leans into his radio. "This is Ironback! I'm with Paladin State; we're going to need backup and a medical team, fast."