Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-21-2016

(05-21-2016, 08:28 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 07:22 PM)achroma Wrote: //it indeed is
*the vertibra begins to crack and hiss, letting out a vapor of spinal fluid*

The Guard that was carrying it rushes over to its containment spot and puts it back.
In another room of the building...
"So, this... Vertebra thing... Took over that Avali's mind?"
"Yep."
"And it's in the mountains somewhere?"
"Yep."
"Right. Let's start getting a team together, then..."

---

The entity behind the mind control devices might have noticed by now that it's lost quite a few customers inexplicably...
Without warning, it recieves a message from one of the decommissioned 'customers,' but... It isn't the same voice.
I know what you're doing. It's not a good idea. You're drawing attention here, which is something I don't want. The Remnant might come after you... And, by extension, me.

(05-21-2016, 07:04 PM)Rahizel Wrote: AAAAAAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAA!

*the metal maniac charges with a pistol in one hand and sword in the other, but a faint blur gets in the way and clotheslines him*

*mutters to himself as he appears from a suddenly materializing shimmering fog, like he's surrounded by a tiny electrical storm* time for that long as can be spiel.
*puts a foot on the maniac's chest and clears it's throat, reluctantly speaking a long speech of bureaucratic garbage*
TALOS core and host, designation D94C00. The grey labs of the first research fleet has sent me because you are... one thousand two hundred and seventy two days late to report in for dssynchronization. I am authorized to use dea-

*fires a single shot into the dark hood, cackling*
*pauses as the bullet impacts loudly and comes out the other end of the hood*

Deadly f-f-forceeee...

"Desynchronization, is it? Allow me to finish the job."
State opens fire on 'D94C00' with unnatural accuracy, aerogel bullets bombarding its shell.
(That's not what aerogel is good for, firing low density bullets is like shooting paper wads)
*the non lethal shard rounds just shred the robes as he cackles*
*stands motionless, black fluid leaking from the hood*
(05-21-2016, 08:37 PM)Comito Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 08:28 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Desynchronization, is it? Allow me to finish the job."
State opens fire on 'D94C00' with unnatural accuracy, aerogel bullets bombarding its shell.

Gregor steps back and leans into his radio. "This is Ironback! I'm with Paladin State; we're going to need backup and a medical team, fast."
*screams of deranged joy drown him out*

*after a while Rahizel unfreezes and removes its hood growling, a large part of the face on the right side has been shredded and all the delicate actuators destroyed, leaving a permanent snarl. The right eye has cracked. Despite a point blank headshot with a high powered rail pistol, all it seems to have done is royally piss him off*
That's going to take forever to fix...
*the voice gets very deep and thunderous
YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT, YOU BROKE MY FACE SO I'LL BREAK YOURS!
*he rips the faceplate off the lunatic, revealing a sickly bald avali face*

*what was once a confident and jubilant psychopath seems to be genuinely terrified by the soulless gaze of Rahizel. He proves hd at least knows one word as he screams it with everything he's got*
REAPER! REEEEEEAPER! REEEEE-

*shatters his jaw with a single punch*

I do not appreciate your propensity for screaming, you've made enough of a scene.

I was going to just turn you in, but I still get full payment if the suit is serviceable and the core survives, no clause against ripping out your augs for repairs.

*picks him by the throat and carries him off, scraping his spine against the curb, ripping out the spinal link*

*horrified muffled screams as he's carried off to somewhere less public, the grip on his throat tightened till he's silent, then both disappeared in a stormy fog that quickly materializes*

// looks like the post with an explanation of what the shit is happening got lost, I'll rewrite it later so this doesn't seem completely random

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-21-2016

(05-21-2016, 08:38 PM)Rahizel Wrote: (That's not what aerogel is good for, firing low density bullets is like shooting paper wads)

*after a while Rahizel unfreezes and removes its hood growling, a large part of the face on the right side has been shredded and all the delicate actuators destroyed, leaving a permanent snarl. The right eye has cracked. Despite a point blank headshot with a high powered rail pistol, all it seems to have done is royally piss him off*

*what was once a confident and jubilant psychopath seems to be genuinely terrified by the soulless gaze of Rahizel. He proves hd at least knows one word as he screams it with everything he's got*

I do not appreciate your propensity for screaming, you've made enough of a scene.

I was going to just turn you in, but I still get full payment if the suit is serviceable and the core survives, no clause against ripping out your augs for repairs.

*picks him by the throat and carries him off, scraping his spine against the curb, ripping out the spinal link*

*horrified muffled screams as he's carried off to somewhere less public, the grip on his throat tightened till he's silent, then both disappeared in a stormy fog that quickly materializes*

// looks like the post with an explanation of what the shit is happening got lost, I'll rewrite it later so this doesn't seem completely random

// That's because they're not meant to kill. It's more of an attention-getter that leaves bruises; useful for riot control or diverting attention. State has something else several times more lethal that he would have used if the thing got too close.
"...I am unsure what just happened, but I do not think I want any part of it. That... Reaper... Looked a bit too much for us to handle." State re-holsters his 'gun' and dismisses the shield. "At least I did not have to switch clips." He walks over to the unconscious Guard.

(05-21-2016, 09:46 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 08:38 PM)Rahizel Wrote: (That's not what aerogel is good for, firing low density bullets is like shooting paper wads)

// That's because they're not meant to kill. It's more of an attention-getter that leaves bruises; useful for riot control or diverting attention. State has something else several times more lethal that he would have used if the thing got too close.
"...I am unsure what just happened, but I do not think I want any part of it. That... Reaper... Looked a bit too much for us to handle." State re-holsters his 'gun' and dismisses the shield. "At least I did not have to switch clips." He walks over to the unconscious Guard.
*distant tortured screams*

// ill put it short for now, Rahizel is a sanctioned AI used to hunt down high priority targets for the gray labs. Called gray because what they do is very morally gray.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-21-2016

(05-21-2016, 09:49 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *distant tortured screams*

// ill put it short for now, Rahizel is a sanctioned AI used to hunt down high priority targets for the gray labs. Called gray because what they do is very morally gray.

// ah. Cool!

(05-21-2016, 09:49 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 09:46 PM)Umbra Wrote: // That's because they're not meant to kill. It's more of an attention-getter that leaves bruises; useful for riot control or diverting attention. State has something else several times more lethal that he would have used if the thing got too close.
*distant tortured screams*

(05-21-2016, 10:52 PM)Umbra Wrote:

// ah. Cool!
// one minute

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-21-2016

(05-21-2016, 08:37 PM)Comito Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 09:46 PM)Umbra Wrote: // That's because they're not meant to kill. It's more of an attention-getter that leaves bruises; useful for riot control or diverting attention. State has something else several times more lethal that he would have used if the thing got too close.

Gregor steps back and leans into his radio. "This is Ironback! I'm with Paladin State; we're going to need backup and a medical team, fast."

Hearing the call for backup and a medic on her public services scanner, Danu quickly puts her gardening tools aside and rushes to the scene.

She arrives just as State is looking over the unconscious guard, wearing a soft white gown and weathered straw hat. Kneeling beside him, Danu immeadiately peforms triage and first aid where possible while determining his condition.

"What happened here?"

(05-21-2016, 10:52 PM)Umbra Wrote:

// ah. Cool!
// T.A.L.O.S.
Tactical Assessment and Logistical Operating System. Designed to give fallen soldiers a second chance to serve again. Their mangled bodies are rebuilt with cybernetics, sealed in power armor, and their minds are synced up with a non sapient AI.

The issue arose when the TALOS core uses the brain for processing power to attain sentience, first manifesting as confusion, forgetfulness, changes in behavior, and then full on dementia. The core malfunctioned in 95% of cases and overwrote the brain, and of course being a tool of war it saw that as all there was. To keep the suit powered it feeds off the tissues of the host leaving a desiccated husk. Some subjects with uncommon willpower can delay their minds being reformatted but the suit can only be disengaged by a select few who built them. In theory recovery is possible but the core is so usually so insane and violent that nothing short of mortal wounds will allow the core to be removed.

//its up to personal choice to consider it a living thing or a puppeteered corpse depending on one's belief of possible recovery after deintegration

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-21-2016

//Based on that analysis, Danu would register the resulting unit as an artificial undead and would send the pour soul within to the afterlife at last. She doesn't like war machine AIs unless they were built with a conscience.

(05-21-2016, 11:18 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 08:37 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor steps back and leans into his radio. "This is Ironback! I'm with Paladin State; we're going to need backup and a medical team, fast."

Hearing the call for backup and a medic on her public services scanner, Danu quickly puts her gardening tools aside and rushes to the scene.

She arrives just as State is looking over the unconscious guard, wearing a soft white gown and weathered straw hat. Kneeling beside him, Danu immeadiately peforms triage and first aid where possible while determining his condition.

"What happened here?"
*Remy has appeared suddenly from flying in to see the commotion, the plump gryphon comes up behind Danu and nestles it's head under her hand*

Krrrrrr~

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-21-2016

//We still use the crystals, don't we? When someone dies in this setting, they leave behind a crystal that can be used to bring them back.

(05-21-2016, 11:44 PM)Comito Wrote: //We still use the crystals, don't we? When someone dies in this setting, they leave behind a crystal that can be used to bring them back.
// not sure if a TALOS soldier is technically alive by any definition

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 05-22-2016

(05-21-2016, 11:18 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Hearing the call for backup and a medic on her public services scanner, Danu quickly puts her gardening tools aside and rushes to the scene.

"What happened here?"

(05-21-2016, 11:44 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *Remy has appeared suddenly from flying in to see the commotion, the plump gryphon comes up behind Danu and nestles it's head under her hand*

Krrrrrr~

"It was all a blur to me, really. State here could probably tell you more clearly."

The Jakkai stares at the returning gryphon. "And then there's this thing... I think it's a lost pet or something."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-22-2016

(05-22-2016, 01:02 AM)Comito Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 11:18 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Hearing the call for backup and a medic on her public services scanner, Danu quickly puts her gardening tools aside and rushes to the scene.

"What happened here?"

(05-21-2016, 11:44 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *Remy has appeared suddenly from flying in to see the commotion, the plump gryphon comes up behind Danu and nestles it's head under her hand*

Krrrrrr~

"It was all a blur to me, really. State here could probably tell you more clearly."

The Jakkai stares at the returning gryphon. "And then there's this thing... I think it's a lost pet or something."
*churrs and rests it's head atop Gregor's from behind and churrs*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-22-2016

(05-21-2016, 08:28 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 07:22 PM)achroma Wrote: //it indeed is
*the vertibra begins to crack and hiss, letting out a vapor of spinal fluid*

The Guard that was carrying it rushes over to its containment spot and puts it back.
In another room of the building...
"So, this... Vertebra thing... Took over that Avali's mind?"
"Yep."
"And it's in the mountains somewhere?"
"Yep."
"Right. Let's start getting a team together, then..."

---

The entity behind the mind control devices might have noticed by now that it's lost quite a few customers inexplicably...
Without warning, it recieves a message from one of the decommissioned 'customers,' but... It isn't the same voice.
I know what you're doing. It's not a good idea. You're drawing attention here, which is something I don't want. The Remnant might come after you... And, by extension, me.

(05-21-2016, 07:04 PM)Rahizel Wrote: AAAAAAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAA!

*the metal maniac charges with a pistol in one hand and sword in the other, but a faint blur gets in the way and clotheslines him*

*mutters to himself as he appears from a suddenly materializing shimmering fog, like he's surrounded by a tiny electrical storm* time for that long as can be spiel.
*puts a foot on the maniac's chest and clears it's throat, reluctantly speaking a long speech of bureaucratic garbage*
TALOS core and host, designation D94C00. The grey labs of the first research fleet has sent me because you are... one thousand two hundred and seventy two days late to report in for dssynchronization. I am authorized to use dea-

*fires a single shot into the dark hood, cackling*
*pauses as the bullet impacts loudly and comes out the other end of the hood*

Deadly f-f-forceeee...

"Desynchronization, is it? Allow me to finish the job."

*the voice sounds startled*
"The gaurds here are too strong willed, help me break them and wells be safe. And according to one of my informants, there already sending a team."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-22-2016

//For reasons of future-plot-fill-in I will not explain exactly what happened in the room until it must be used or explained per a situation.

All sensors within the room suddenly failed at once now, all equipment used to check and keep track of it. Even the damping field showed as having failed in the room, the door seemed to almost fuse with the walls around it if any guards or other such were to attempt gaining entrance. And a little over an hour later. All systems in the room returned to nominal and flipped on instantly as the door opened. Out stepped Zeurei with a still fresh red stain covering the front of his robe, and he sat against the wall, a smile on his face. He seemed in slight pain, but he moved with no urgency, like this was a normal thing. In his left hand he held a large purple shard almost 20 times the size of the one he'd gone in with. He left no blood where he sat down. And finally he checked around himself. After all, he'd realized he'd accidentally disabled their systems in the room. No emergency alarms would go off, no hazards would be detected. In the room sat a small blood stain in the middle, and a single jutting formation of the purple crystals nearby, one jutting tip stained slightly red. The blood effused minimally into it at that tip.

*keeps it's head on Gregor's*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 05-22-2016

(05-21-2016, 04:22 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 03:41 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Miklós removes his scarf showing an almost nightmarish mouth and what looks to be a permanent grin. He speaks rather happily, with a voice that can only be described as pleasant to listen to.
"I was enquiring on joining the guards. Is there any way I can apply?"

"Yes, you need to fill out a form and apply for an interview..." The receptionist seems somewhat disturbed and oddly curious at the same time.
"So, where would I find one of these forms and can I apply for the interview here?" Miklós takes a second to draw something small on his palm and looks back up at the receptionist, noticing their reaction he begins to put his scarf back on.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-22-2016

(05-22-2016, 01:02 AM)Comito Wrote:

"What happened here?"

Krrrrrr~

"Oh I know whose that is. He belongs to Raziel. Who should be somewhere nearby, if that Gryphon is wandering here. What's all this talk about a Reaper though? I thought I heard someone mention it as I was running this way."

Danu gently tickles the Gryphon's belly, hoping to get it to roll over and be nice.
"State, would you care to explain?"

(05-22-2016, 02:45 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 01:02 AM)Comito Wrote: "It was all a blur to me, really. State here could probably tell you more clearly."

"Oh I know whose that is. He belongs to Raziel. Who should be somewhere nearby, if that Gryphon is wandering here. What's all this talk about a Reaper though? I thought I heard someone mention it as I was running this way."

Danu gently tickles the Gryphon's belly, hoping to get it to roll over and be nice.
"State, would you care to explain?"

MRAAAAAHHH!

*falls right over and lays on its back as the pudgy and fluffy belly proves to be quite ticklish, folding it's paws towards it's chest*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-22-2016

(05-21-2016, 11:44 PM)Comito Wrote: //We still use the crystals, don't we? When someone dies in this setting, they leave behind a crystal that can be used to bring them back.

// Yeah, we do.

"What happened here?"

"Some sort of mechanical horror zapped him unco-"

Krrrrrr~

"Not you again..."

(05-22-2016, 01:19 AM)achroma Wrote: *the voice sounds startled*
"The gaurds here are too strong willed, help me break them and wells be safe. And according to one of my informants, there already sending a team."

"The Guards don't even know I'm here. Neither did your... 'Customers.' The only thing I'm concerned about is if they'll be followed. If so... You'll have a lot more to worry about than Guards."
The voice feels as cold as ice, and its words cut like a knife. Clearly not the politest whatever it is.

(05-22-2016, 01:35 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //For reasons of future-plot-fill-in I will not explain exactly what happened in the room until it must be used or explained per a situation.

All sensors within the room suddenly failed at once now, all equipment used to check and keep track of it.  Even the damping field showed as having failed in the room, the door seemed to almost fuse with the walls around it if any guards or other such were to attempt gaining entrance.  And a little over an hour later.  All systems in the room returned to nominal and flipped on instantly as the door opened.  Out stepped Zeurei with a still fresh red stain covering the front of his robe, and he sat against the wall, a smile on his face.  He seemed in slight pain, but he moved with no urgency, like this was a normal thing.  In his left hand he held a large purple shard almost 20 times the size of the one he'd gone in with.  He left no blood where he sat down.  And finally he checked around himself.  After all, he'd realized he'd accidentally disabled their systems in the room.  No emergency alarms would go off, no hazards would be detected.  In the room sat a small blood stain in the middle, and a single jutting formation of the purple crystals nearby, one jutting tip stained slightly red.  The blood effused minimally into it at that tip.

The Guards immediately start working on cleanup. The larger crystals seem to have some element of darkness within them... It's somewhat disturbing. Zeurei might hear faint whispers.
"Sir, are you okay?"

(05-22-2016, 02:25 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "So, where would I find one of these forms and can I apply for the interview here?" Miklós takes a second to draw something small on his palm and looks back up at the receptionist, noticing their reaction he begins to put his scarf back on.

"Right here." The receptionist passes a paper, clipboard, and pen over the counter. It asks for some general information- race, age, phone number, thta sort of thing- and for some hours that would be most convenient.