Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-22-2016

(05-22-2016, 04:24 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 11:44 PM)Comito Wrote: //We still use the crystals, don't we? When someone dies in this setting, they leave behind a crystal that can be used to bring them back.

// Yeah, we do.

(05-21-2016, 11:18 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Hearing the call for backup and a medic on her public services scanner, Danu quickly puts her gardening tools aside and rushes to the scene.

She arrives just as State is looking over the unconscious guard, wearing a soft white gown and weathered straw hat. Kneeling beside him, Danu immeadiately peforms triage and first aid where possible while determining his condition.

"What happened here?"

"Some sort of mechanical horror zapped him unco-"

(05-21-2016, 11:44 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *Remy has appeared suddenly from flying in to see the commotion, the plump gryphon comes up behind Danu and nestles it's head under her hand*

Krrrrrr~

State's expression changes- a truly rare occasion- into one of unamusement.
"Not you again..."

(05-22-2016, 01:19 AM)achroma Wrote: *the voice sounds startled*
"The gaurds here are too strong willed, help me break them and wells be safe. And according to one of my informants, there already sending a team."

"The Guards don't even know I'm here. Neither did your... 'Customers.' The only thing I'm concerned about is if they'll be followed. If so... You'll have a lot more to worry about than Guards."
The voice feels as cold as ice, and its words cut like a knife. Clearly not the politest whatever it is.

(05-22-2016, 01:35 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //For reasons of future-plot-fill-in I will not explain exactly what happened in the room until it must be used or explained per a situation.

All sensors within the room suddenly failed at once now, all equipment used to check and keep track of it. Even the damping field showed as having failed in the room, the door seemed to almost fuse with the walls around it if any guards or other such were to attempt gaining entrance. And a little over an hour later. All systems in the room returned to nominal and flipped on instantly as the door opened. Out stepped Zeurei with a still fresh red stain covering the front of his robe, and he sat against the wall, a smile on his face. He seemed in slight pain, but he moved with no urgency, like this was a normal thing. In his left hand he held a large purple shard almost 20 times the size of the one he'd gone in with. He left no blood where he sat down. And finally he checked around himself. After all, he'd realized he'd accidentally disabled their systems in the room. No emergency alarms would go off, no hazards would be detected. In the room sat a small blood stain in the middle, and a single jutting formation of the purple crystals nearby, one jutting tip stained slightly red. The blood effused minimally into it at that tip.

The Guards immediately start working on cleanup. The larger crystals seem to have some element of darkness within them... It's somewhat disturbing. Zeurei might hear faint whispers.
"Sir, are you okay?"

(05-22-2016, 02:25 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "So, where would I find one of these forms and can I apply for the interview here?" Miklós takes a second to draw something small on his palm and looks back up at the receptionist, noticing their reaction he begins to put his scarf back on.

"Right here." The receptionist passes a paper, clipboard, and pen over the counter. It asks for some general information- race, age, phone number, thta sort of thing- and for some hours that would be most convenient.
*perks back it's ears and sticks it's tongue out*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 05-22-2016

(05-22-2016, 02:25 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "So, where would I find one of these forms and can I apply for the interview here?" Miklós takes a second to draw something small on his palm and looks back up at the receptionist, noticing their reaction he begins to put his scarf back on.

"Right here." The receptionist passes a paper, clipboard, and pen over the counter. It asks for some general information- race, age, phone number, thta sort of thing- and for some hours that would be most convenient.
Miklós thanks the receptionist and sits cross-legged in the floor to the side, as not to block any other visitors. He fills out most boxes, however, that requesting details such as race are filled in with unidentifiable runes and markings, his name however is still written normally as are his contact details, his hand is also visibly damaged from writing out most of his details within such a small timeframe. He stands up and passes the sheet to the receptionist.."Thank you, I'm sorry to say certain details however do not quite translate, shouldn't be an issue really. Now... the interview?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-22-2016

(05-22-2016, 04:44 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Miklós thanks the receptionist and sits cross-legged in the floor to the side, as not to block any other visitors. He fills out most boxes, however, that requesting details such as race are filled in with unidentifiable runes and markings, his name however is still written normally as are his contact details, his hand is also visibly damaged from writing out most of his details within such a small timeframe. He stands up and passes the sheet to the receptionist.."Thank you, I'm sorry to say certain details however do not quite translate, shouldn't be an issue really. Now... the interview?"

"We'll try and contact you someday during the hours you wrote down. A lot of people want to join, so our interviewers tend to be pretty busy."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 05-22-2016

(05-22-2016, 05:18 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 04:44 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Miklós thanks the receptionist and sits cross-legged in the floor to the side, as not to block any other visitors. He fills out most boxes, however, that requesting details such as race are filled in with unidentifiable runes and markings, his name however is still written normally as are his contact details, his hand is also visibly damaged from writing out most of his details within such a small timeframe. He stands up and passes the sheet to the receptionist.."Thank you, I'm sorry to say certain details however do not quite translate, shouldn't be an issue really. Now... the interview?"

"We'll try and contact you someday during the hours you wrote down. A lot of people want to join, so our interviewers tend to be pretty busy."
"Understandable, again thank you for your help."
He walks out of the building still fiddling with his pen in his safe hand.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-22-2016

(05-21-2016, 11:18 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Hearing the call for backup and a medic on her public services scanner, Danu quickly puts her gardening tools aside and rushes to the scene.

She arrives just as State is looking over the unconscious guard, wearing a soft white gown and weathered straw hat. Kneeling beside him, Danu immeadiately peforms triage and first aid where possible while determining his condition.

"What happened here?"

(05-21-2016, 11:44 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *Remy has appeared suddenly from flying in to see the commotion, the plump gryphon comes up behind Danu and nestles it's head under her hand*

Krrrrrr~

"Not you again..."

"Relax. Just rub his belly, he's quite tame about it. Where did the mechanical horror that did this end up? Did you guys catch him?"

Danu had completely won over the Gryphon by petting him like so, and now turned her attention back to the downed guard to see if she could wake him up.

(05-22-2016, 06:14 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 04:24 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Some sort of mechanical horror zapped him unco-"

"Not you again..."

"Relax. Just rub his belly, he's quite tame about it. Where did the mechanical horror that did this end up? Did you guys catch him?"

Danu had completely won over the Gryphon by petting him like so, and now turned her attention back to the downed guard to see if she could wake him up.

*the gryphon just lays there quietly aside from the purring, seems like danu has made a friend with the chubby gryphon as it lays very still as long as it gets the rubs*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-22-2016

(05-22-2016, 01:35 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //For reasons of future-plot-fill-in I will not explain exactly what happened in the room until it must be used or explained per a situation.

All sensors within the room suddenly failed at once now, all equipment used to check and keep track of it.  Even the damping field showed as having failed in the room, the door seemed to almost fuse with the walls around it if any guards or other such were to attempt gaining entrance.  And a little over an hour later.  All systems in the room returned to nominal and flipped on instantly as the door opened.  Out stepped Zeurei with a still fresh red stain covering the front of his robe, and he sat against the wall, a smile on his face.  He seemed in slight pain, but he moved with no urgency, like this was a normal thing.  In his left hand he held a large purple shard almost 20 times the size of the one he'd gone in with.  He left no blood where he sat down.  And finally he checked around himself.  After all, he'd realized he'd accidentally disabled their systems in the room.  No emergency alarms would go off, no hazards would be detected.  In the room sat a small blood stain in the middle, and a single jutting formation of the purple crystals nearby, one jutting tip stained slightly red.  The blood effused minimally into it at that tip.

The Guards immediately start working on cleanup. The larger crystals seem to have some element of darkness within them... It's somewhat disturbing. Zeurei might hear faint whispers.
"Sir, are you okay?"

The whispers are lost amidst a lot of white noise and background thoughts that constantly flit through his head like "Do I have money for food tonight?" "Do I have enough money for clothing that isn't...  Uhhg.  Food first...  Right, need to stop forgetting food."  Or "I wonder how these automatons run, and what can they safely eat?  If they eat at all."  And possibly "I wonder why that one with the fancy shmancy cross-hairs eye had different armor.  NO,  FOOD DAMMIT."

"Relatively.  Although a bandage for the hole in my side would be nice.  It is not deep, just a long scratch, 6 centimeters and 4.25666_mm long, and 8.45506mm deep at middle, tapering towards the ends at a.....  Nevermind.  Yeah, a bandage would be nice if it could be spared, then I'm good.  Science hurts after all, it's why we prefer things that we assume can't feel pain."  The last statement kind of slipped out.  "Just tired is all, sorry.  What I do, can take a lot out of me.  Tired and hungry.Tired and hungry.Tired and hungry."

His stomach burbled slightly, nobody else would hear it, though his wince would be notable.  "Geeze, forgot to eat all day.  Again."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-22-2016

(05-21-2016, 11:44 PM)Comito Wrote: //We still use the crystals, don't we? When someone dies in this setting, they leave behind a crystal that can be used to bring them back.

// Yeah, we do.

"What happened here?"

Krrrrrr~

"Not you again..."

(05-22-2016, 01:19 AM)achroma Wrote: *the voice sounds startled*
"The gaurds here are too strong willed, help me break them and wells be safe. And according to one of my informants, there already sending a team."

"The Guards don't even know I'm here. Neither did your... 'Customers.' The only thing I'm concerned about is if they'll be followed. If so... You'll have a lot more to worry about than Guards."
The voice feels as cold as ice, and its words cut like a knife. Clearly not the politest whatever it is.

(05-22-2016, 01:35 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //For reasons of future-plot-fill-in I will not explain exactly what happened in the room until it must be used or explained per a situation.

All sensors within the room suddenly failed at once now, all equipment used to check and keep track of it.  Even the damping field showed as having failed in the room, the door seemed to almost fuse with the walls around it if any guards or other such were to attempt gaining entrance.  And a little over an hour later.  All systems in the room returned to nominal and flipped on instantly as the door opened.  Out stepped Zeurei with a still fresh red stain covering the front of his robe, and he sat against the wall, a smile on his face.  He seemed in slight pain, but he moved with no urgency, like this was a normal thing.  In his left hand he held a large purple shard almost 20 times the size of the one he'd gone in with.  He left no blood where he sat down.  And finally he checked around himself.  After all, he'd realized he'd accidentally disabled their systems in the room.  No emergency alarms would go off, no hazards would be detected.  In the room sat a small blood stain in the middle, and a single jutting formation of the purple crystals nearby, one jutting tip stained slightly red.  The blood effused minimally into it at that tip.

"Sir, are you okay?"

"So it's either fight or surrender?"
*the voice attempts to mimic the tone of the conversation*
*the avali arrives at the hospital*

(05-22-2016, 06:14 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Relax. Just rub his belly, he's quite tame about it. Where did the mechanical horror that did this end up? Did you guys catch him?"

"Animals and I do not tend to mix well. This one in particular was causing disturbances earlier today..."
"As for the horror, it got dragged away by... Something. Whatever it was, the horror called it a 'reaper,' and it survived a pistol shot to the face. I would rather confront it- if we ever need to confront it- when we have gathered a few more forces. A Paladin and two Guards can only do so much."

(05-22-2016, 11:46 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The whispers are lost amidst a lot of white noise and background thoughts that constantly flit through his head like "Do I have money for food tonight?" "Do I have enough money for clothing that isn't...  Uhhg.  Food first...  Right, need to stop forgetting food."  Or "I wonder how these automatons run, and what can they safely eat?  If they eat at all."  And possibly "I wonder why that one with the fancy shmancy cross-hairs eye had different armor.  NO,  FOOD DAMMIT."

"Relatively.  Although a bandage for the hole in my side would be nice.  It is not deep, just a long scratch, 6 centimeters and 4.25666_mm long, and 8.45506mm deep at middle, tapering towards the ends at a.....  Nevermind.  Yeah, a bandage would be nice if it could be spared, then I'm good.  Science hurts after all, it's why we prefer things that we assume can't feel pain."  The last statement kind of slipped out.  "Just tired is all, sorry.  What I do, can take a lot out of me.  Tired and hungry.Tired and hungry.Tired and hungry."

His stomach burbled slightly, nobody else would hear it, though his wince would be notable.  "Geeze, forgot to eat all day.  Again."

The Guard tells one of his buddies to go get some Avali-suitable food and a medic.
"So... I'd like to know why a crystal formation is in there now. Those things are dangerous... Not only were they found on the imps from earlier, but some of the scientists have reported... Whispers."

(05-22-2016, 11:59 AM)achroma Wrote: "So it's either fight or surrender?"

"Or just surrender. That works, too. Because if they end up finding me or bring the Remnant's forces with them by accident... You'll meet a much worse fate than what I did to your 'customers.'"

(05-22-2016, 03:14 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 06:14 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Relax. Just rub his belly, he's quite tame about it. Where did the mechanical horror that did this end up? Did you guys catch him?"

"Animals and I do not tend to mix well. This one in particular was causing disturbances earlier today..."
"As for the horror, it got dragged away by... Something. Whatever it was, the horror called it a 'reaper,' and it survived a pistol shot to the face. I would rather confront it- if we ever need to confront it- when we have gathered a few more forces. A Paladin and two Guards can only do so much."

(05-22-2016, 11:46 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The whispers are lost amidst a lot of white noise and background thoughts that constantly flit through his head like "Do I have money for food tonight?" "Do I have enough money for clothing that isn't...  Uhhg.  Food first...  Right, need to stop forgetting food."  Or "I wonder how these automatons run, and what can they safely eat?  If they eat at all."  And possibly "I wonder why that one with the fancy shmancy cross-hairs eye had different armor.  NO,  FOOD DAMMIT."

The Guard tells one of his buddies to go get some Avali-suitable food and a medic.
"So... I'd like to know why a crystal formation is in there now. Those things are dangerous... Not only were they found on the imps from earlier, but some of the scientists have reported... Whispers."

"Or just surrender. That works, too. Because if they end up finding me or bring the Remnant's forces with them by accident... You'll meet a much worse fate than what I did to your 'customers.'"
"Murdering people isn't good on how people think of you. Also what is this "remanants force" you speak of."

(05-22-2016, 03:14 PM)Umbra Wrote:

(05-22-2016, 11:46 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The whispers are lost amidst a lot of white noise and background thoughts that constantly flit through his head like "Do I have money for food tonight?" "Do I have enough money for clothing that isn't...  Uhhg.  Food first...  Right, need to stop forgetting food."  Or "I wonder how these automatons run, and what can they safely eat?  If they eat at all."  And possibly "I wonder why that one with the fancy shmancy cross-hairs eye had different armor.  NO,  FOOD DAMMIT."

*the gryphon glares at state, it knows it's being talked about*

(05-22-2016, 03:21 PM)achroma Wrote: "Murdering people isn't good on how people think of you. Also what is this "remanants force" you speak of."

"People don't even know I exist. They barely know you exist. All I can tell you about the Remnant is that you don't want to meet them. Side effects may include what you've been doing to whoever thinks it's a good idea to accept your 'contracts.'"
(05-22-2016, 03:23 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [quote='Umbra' pid='53468' dateline='1463930098']

"It is not your fault. I have merely been assigned a task and I intend to follow it."

// I think I should mention here that Glitch... aren't normally like State. He's kind of a special case for reasons I'll explain if I ever get into his backstory.

(05-22-2016, 04:27 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 03:21 PM)achroma Wrote: "Murdering people isn't good on how people think of you. Also what is this "remanants force" you speak of."

"People don't even know I exist. They barely know you exist. All I can tell you about the Remnant is that you don't want to meet them. Side effects may include what you've been doing to whoever thinks it's a good idea to accept your 'contracts.'"
(05-22-2016, 03:23 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 03:14 PM)Umbra Wrote: *the gryphon glares at state, it knows it's being talked about*

"It is not your fault. I have merely been assigned a task and I intend to follow it."

// I think I should mention here that Glitch... aren't normally like State. He's kind of a special case for reasons I'll explain if I ever get into his backstory.
*there is a abnormally long pause*
"...something tells me I should terminate these "contracts" only leaving the important peices in place. And tell me this, how did you distinguish the sleepers from the normal civilian populous?" 

(05-22-2016, 04:50 PM)achroma Wrote: *there is a abnormally long pause*
"...something tells me I should terminate these "contracts" only leaving the important peices in place. And tell me this, how did you distinguish the sleepers from the normal civilian populous?" 

"Armed hooded figures walking across a snowy summit aren't exactly stealthy. Those are the only ones I have found. Thank you for telling me there's sleepers, by the way. That'll be handy to tell the Guards when they come up."
The connection is lost.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 05-22-2016

(05-22-2016, 03:23 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 03:14 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Animals and I do not tend to mix well. This one in particular was causing disturbances earlier today..."

"That sounds terrifying. If you can get enough volunteers for a possee to locate and destroy it, I'd be willing to come along and support. Just to make sure it is neutralized before it hurts anyone else."

She looks at the gryphon again. "We also need to locate Rahziel and get him to collect his pet, along with figuring out some sort of containment so that it stays in his yard when not on a leash if it has been causing problems for people. I can help him build a fence, though it might just fly out of that."

(05-22-2016, 04:55 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 04:50 PM)achroma Wrote: *there is a abnormally long pause*

"Armed hooded figures walking across a snowy summit aren't exactly stealthy. Those are the only ones I have found. Thank you for telling me there's sleepers, by the way. That'll be handy to tell the Guards when they come up."
The connection is lost.

*a muffled roar comes from the mountain, followed by a Avalanche*

(05-22-2016, 05:37 PM)achroma Wrote: a muffled road

// ...a what?

(05-22-2016, 04:56 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 03:23 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *the gryphon glares at state, it knows it's being talked about*

"That sounds terrifying. If you can get enough volunteers for a possee to locate and destroy it, I'd be willing to come along and support. Just to make sure it is neutralized before it hurts anyone else."

She looks at the gryphon again. "We also need to locate Rahziel and get him to collect his pet, along with figuring out some sort of containment so that it stays in his yard when not on a leash if it has been causing problems for people. I can help him build a fence, though it might just fly out of that."
*growls in disapproval *

(05-22-2016, 06:23 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 05:37 PM)achroma Wrote: a muffled road

// ...a what?

//sorry typo

(05-22-2016, 06:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 04:56 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "That sounds terrifying. If you can get enough volunteers for a possee to locate and destroy it, I'd be willing to come along and support. Just to make sure it is neutralized before it hurts anyone else."

*growls in disapproval *
*returns with an avali curled up in its right arm*
I might need some intensive care for this one, it's somehow still kicking. I recommend heavy restraints.

* is half bald, very thin and sickly, black feather red trim white fluff male avali. both legs are augmented below the ankle, part of the left arm is cybernetics with the wing preserved. All the augs are missing the plating as they were originally under armor. He looks to be on death's door and delirious as he's wearing half his blood and looks like he was rather forcefully pried out of the suit. At least without the core he's "mostly" docile, as he points at people weakly like he's holding an imaginary gun and occasionally mutters "bang"*
As expected, brain completely fried.

Also how the hell did Remy get here?