Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-28-2016

(05-28-2016, 03:32 AM)Rahizel Wrote: // well...

[Image: dead_hand_by_johnnycago-d3etgdu.jpg]

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-28-2016

(05-28-2016, 04:08 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(05-28-2016, 03:32 AM)Rahizel Wrote: // well...

[Image: dead_hand_by_johnnycago-d3etgdu.jpg]

// holy fuck no please don't remind me of that god-forsaken boss
// why was OoT rated E

Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 05-28-2016

(05-27-2016, 02:37 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-27-2016, 02:17 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *is following danu*
*can be heard screaming from outside the hospital*
*is getting nowhere on fixing it's face*

The figure can be seen from the entrance of the hospital. It's walking towards... A house that seems very out of place. It's made of wood and looks like some mix between a beach house and a forest cabin.

Miklós waits
"Now, how much do I bet I'll end up inside a wall." He mutters pulling out an object vaguely resembling a compass..."Too much." He pockets the compass, sighs, and then continues monitoring the figure.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-28-2016

(05-28-2016, 05:06 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(05-27-2016, 02:37 PM)Umbra Wrote: The figure can be seen from the entrance of the hospital. It's walking towards... A house that seems very out of place. It's made of wood and looks like some mix between a beach house and a forest cabin.

Miklós waits
"Now, how much do I bet I'll end up inside a wall." He mutters pulling out an object vaguely resembling a compass..."Too much." He pockets the compass, sighs, and then continues monitoring the figure.

The figure finally arrives at the house.
"Here goes nothing..."
Knock knock knock.
State opens the door, staring down the figure. "Yes?"
"Uh, hi. I need to see Umbra. It's... Very urgent. Is he here?..."
"...You do not look very trustworthy."
"Tell him that Chaos wants to see him. See what he says."
"...Very well." State steps back inside the house. "46. Someone is at the door. He says that 'Chaos wants to see you.'"
"I don't- Wait. Chaos?... Let him in."
State steps aside, and the figure enters.

Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 05-28-2016

(05-28-2016, 03:43 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-28-2016, 05:06 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Miklós waits

The figure finally arrives at the house.
"Here goes nothing..."
Knock knock knock.
State opens the door, staring down the figure. "Yes?"
"Uh, hi. I need to see Umbra. It's... Very urgent. Is he here?..."
"...You do not look very trustworthy."
"Tell him that Chaos wants to see him. See what he says."
"...Very well." State steps back inside the house. "46. Someone is at the door. He says that 'Chaos wants to see you.'"
"I don't- Wait. Chaos?... Let him in."
State steps aside, and the figure enters.

"All seems to check up..." Miklós still continues to wait across the street. Just in case...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-28-2016

// no idea if the hospital actually exists so...

*slams their first down and snarls*
It's pointless, too intricate to fix this... I need more power.

*storms off in the direction of the nearest power substation, garish damaged face fully visible, arms out to the sides with the claws out, despite their weight and their brisk walking speed being much faster than an Olympic sprinter, each footstep is muffled into absolute silence*

*is cuffed to a hospital bed, large sores cover parts of his battered body but only a few days after being removed from the armored prison, new skin and feathers have started to grow, he's under constant watch as his body is proving immune to any tranquilizers and he's torn his vocal cords with agonizing screams, seems that the pain nullifier was part of the suit*
*a dark gray and slightly pudgy gryphon can be seen gliding overhead, surprisingly with such large well formed wings the heavy set creature can just lazily float about, limbs tucked down as they soar overhead with much more grace than Remy ever showed on the ground *

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 05-28-2016

(05-28-2016, 05:03 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-28-2016, 04:08 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [Image: dead_hand_by_johnnycago-d3etgdu.jpg]

// holy fuck no please don't remind me of that god-forsaken boss
// why was OoT rated E

((Rating standards are weird. But let's face it, no matter what the rating was, kids were gonna play it anyway.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-28-2016

(something something Halo should have been T)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 05-30-2016

*cue fireball across the sky*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-30-2016

(05-30-2016, 01:38 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *cue fireball across the sky*

// but why

(05-30-2016, 03:07 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-30-2016, 01:38 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *cue fireball across the sky*

// but why
// because any object entering an earth like atmosphere at orbital velocity will compress the atmosphere to the point of ignition

// that and space junk is awesome

(05-30-2016, 03:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-30-2016, 03:07 PM)Umbra Wrote: // but why
// because any object entering an earth like atmosphere at orbital velocity will compress the atmosphere to the point of ignition

// oh okay

(05-30-2016, 03:35 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-30-2016, 03:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // because any object entering an earth like atmosphere at orbital velocity will compress the atmosphere to the point of ignition

// oh okay
*above Umbra there seems to be a winged creature circling around, big enough to prey on an adult human by the looks of its silhouette as it gets closer, emitting a powerful screech*

(05-30-2016, 07:19 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *above Umbra there seems to be a winged creature circling around, big enough to prey on an adult human by the looks of its silhouette as it gets closer, emitting a powerful screech*

Umbra is... Inside.
Speaking of which...

The shrouded figure takes a seat, relentlessly monitored by State.
"...So... You're Chaos?"
"Absolutely."
"I'm finding that a bit, uh... Hard to believe. You don't sound like he did, and you're not acting like he did..."
"Will this convince you?" The figure pulls down its hood...
...and sure enough, it's a red Anomaly with a black outline.
"...Oh, it is you. But if that's the case, then why are you so... Different?"
"I'm... Not exactly whole. I ended up materializing in that black thing's lair. Barely made it out."
"Wait, you came from Superego's hideout? Where is it? We have to go there and-"
"Not so fast. The only chance we have at taking him on is getting you back together."
"Are you sure about that? I'm fairly sure if we got some sort of energy cannon-"
"The crystals."
"...What about them?"
"SE's just an actor. I've seen the thing running the show. From what I've seen, it's using those purple crystals as... A link. Some sort of conduit for control."
"And... How do you know this?"
"Full of questions, aren't you?" Chaos pulls back more of his shroud to reveal a black scar that covers most of the front of his body. A small shard of crystal sticks out of his left rib.
Umbra stares at it, not quite sure what's going on.
"They haven't taken me. Not yet. But one of the thing's stooges is coming to finish the job. That's why I'm wearing this." Chaos re-covers the scar.
"As I was saying... The mastermind's using this giant crystal in that lair. Energy cannons won't work- it'll just refract. Crystals do that."
"So why not break it physically?"
"I tried. That's why I have this scar in the first place. I was only able to make a scratch with a sword, and nothing even happened when I threw a huge rock against it... If we get your Anomaly form back, though, it should be a lot stronger than a shattered soul like me."
"So we need to get the rest of you gathered up?"
"Right. And the thing knows that, which is why it's trying to kill me."
"Right. Empathy's already working on it."
"He'd better hurry."
They both stop talking for a bit.
"...One last question. How'd you hide your face under that hood? Normally, your red glow would show under it..."
"I'm using the same illusion you do to give your rings and eyes color."
"Ah, that explains it..."

"...Could someone explain to me what, exactly, is going on?"
"It's a long story. Don't worry about it too much."

(05-30-2016, 09:09 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(05-30-2016, 07:19 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *above Umbra there seems to be a winged creature circling around, big enough to prey on an adult human by the looks of its silhouette as it gets closer, emitting a powerful screech*

Umbra is... Inside.
Speaking of which...

The shrouded figure takes a seat, relentlessly monitored by State.
"...So... You're Chaos?"
"Absolutely."
"I'm finding that a bit, uh... Hard to believe. You don't sound like he did, and you're not acting like he did..."
"Will this convince you?" The figure pulls down its hood...
...and sure enough, it's a red Anomaly with a black outline.
"...Oh, it is you. But if that's the case, then why are you so... Different?"
"I'm... Not exactly whole. I ended up materializing in that black thing's lair. Barely made it out."
"Wait, you came from Superego's hideout? Where is it? We have to go there and-"
"Not so fast. The only chance we have at taking him on is getting you back together."
"Are you sure about that? I'm fairly sure if we got some sort of energy cannon-"
"The crystals."
"...What about them?"
"SE's just an actor. I've seen the thing running the show. From what I've seen, it's using those purple crystals as... A link. Some sort of conduit for control."
"And... How do you know this?"
"Full of questions, aren't you?" Chaos pulls back more of his shroud to reveal a black scar that covers most of the front of his body. A small shard of crystal sticks out of his left rib.
Umbra stares at it, not quite sure what's going on.
"They haven't taken me. Not yet. But one of the thing's stooges is coming to finish the job. That's why I'm wearing this." Chaos re-covers the scar.
"As I was saying... The mastermind's using this giant crystal in that lair. Energy cannons won't work- it'll just refract. Crystals do that."
"So why not break it physically?"
"I tried. That's why I have this scar in the first place. I was only able to make a scratch with a sword, and nothing even happened when I threw a huge rock against it... If we get your Anomaly form back, though, it should be a lot stronger than a shattered soul like me."
"So we need to get the rest of you gathered up?"
"Right. And the thing knows that, which is why it's trying to kill me."
"Right. Empathy's already working on it."
"He'd better hurry."
They both stop talking for a bit.
"...One last question. How'd you hide your face under that hood? Normally, your red glow would show under it..."
"I'm using the same illusion you do to give your rings and eyes color."
"Ah, that explains it..."

"...Could someone explain to me what, exactly, is going on?"
"It's a long story. Don't worry about it too much."
*angry squawking from the window*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-30-2016

Meanwhile in a small apartment somewhere on Eden, 753 abruptly and oddly walks in the front door, prompting Surge to shoot upright from the couch and immediately start
"I've run all the numbers at least once and they check out so far I'm just running them again for redundancy right now-"
753 pays him no mind, simply picking a box shaped device up off the coffee table and looking it over, causing Surge to shift gears.
"I hope this sudden sense of dread I have is misplaced"
753 chuckles and finally addresses Surge "hello to you too, anyways we need to find a way to weaponize this" he motions to the box in his hands as Surge starts stuttering looking for words
"Weaponize it!? WEAPONIZE IT!? You can't weaponize-"
753 holds up his free hand to head off Surge's rant
"There's a shade on the loose"
"....you're not just trying to shunt it somewhere else are you?"
"No I intend to kill it."
Surge sits back down and puts a hand on his head as he tries to process this ridiculous plan
"Well you'll have to do your own calculations and sims on this one, I'm pretty sure a few of my cores are just outright gone after running everything on that."

(05-30-2016, 09:33 PM)Surge Wrote: Meanwhile in a small apartment somewhere on Eden, 753 abruptly and oddly walks in the front door, prompting Surge to shoot upright from the couch and immediately start
"I've run all the numbers at least once and they check out so far I'm just running them again for redundancy right now-"
753 pays him no mind, simply picking a box shaped device up off the coffee table and looking it over, causing Surge to shift gears.
"I hope this sudden sense of dread I have is misplaced"
753 chuckles and finally addresses Surge "hello to you too, anyways we need to find a way to weaponize this" he motions to the box in his hands as Surge starts stuttering looking for words
"Weaponize it!? WEAPONIZE IT!? You can't weaponize-"
753 holds up his free hand to head off Surge's rant
"There's a shade on the loose"
"....you're not just trying to shunt it somewhere else are you?"
"No I intend to kill it."
Surge sits back down and puts a hand on his head as he tries to process this ridiculous plan
"Well you'll have to do your own calculations and sims on this one, I'm pretty sure a few of my cores are just outright gone after running everything on that."

// shades? What's all this?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 05-30-2016

(page 161 for exposition relating to Shades)

(05-30-2016, 10:00 PM)Surge Wrote: (page 161 for exposition relating to Shades)
// ah that's the thing that the gryphon absolutely hates

(05-30-2016, 09:33 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *angry squawking from the window*

Umbra's ears fold back. "Ugh, what is that-" He gets up and walks over to the window to see what's making the noise.