Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-03-2016

// i didn't mean to piss anyone off I was just confused.

// fuck it, everything I've done today just pisses someone off so I'll just, fuck off for a while!

// my day was shit my head hurts too much to read all that, you all have fun

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-03-2016

(06-02-2016, 11:30 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 10:18 PM)achroma Wrote: *the entity is startled by the glitch*
"I owe one of your brothers for showing Mercy, and I'm going to repay him, by killing this sentient shadow. Which reminds me a nightmare hunter..."

"All I can do is wish you luck. It nearly killed me, and I don't think I'll be able to fight it again and live."

(06-02-2016, 11:06 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // then how do sentient shadows work?

// even magic is subject to rules, just much more esoteric than known science. What I'm seeing here off and on makes no sense a- I'm too tired I'll explain lartt

// it's part of a plot thing. There are shadowy beasts called Shadow Imps that already existed and are normally nothing more than a nuisance. There's also a shade that's causing a lot of trouble right now because plot stuff that started before you hopped in.
// I created a classification system for magic and its users quite a while ago that allows for the use of any magic that isn't ridiculously overpowered. I also don't feel like digging through the thread to find it again.
// also, it'd help you to pay attention, as Surge said, and also to not question how everything works. This isn't a hard sci-fi setting, therefore not everything needs to be explained.
"This time, things will be different, your not the only one fighting this battle, and you axe wielding friend is here. I'll try to conjure up a Avalanche, to buy some time, need be it."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 12:55 AM)achroma Wrote: "This time, things will be different, your not the only one fighting this battle, and you axe wielding friend is here. I'll try to conjure up a Avalanche, to buy some time, need be it."

"About that... They all need to be careful. Extremely careful. If one of us dies, it... Won't be good."
"Forget that. I'll gladly pummel these things back into the ground."
Order conjures up his warhammer.
Apathy scoffs. "Foolhardy as usual."
"I won't sit idly by while this 'Hierophant' threatens our very existence. You have the advantage up here, so you should be helping, too."
"...I hate to admit it, but you have a point."
"That's settled, then. Try not to get yourselves killed, you two."

The large shadow is more visible now that it's closer... In reality, it's a swarm of 'corrupted' Shadow Imps and a few humanoid figures with crystals jutting out in different areas of their bodies.
One figure stands out- a tall, horned, thing seemingly draped in jet-black robes with purple lining and tassets. It holds an equally jet-black staff with a large crystal at its end.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-03-2016

//I have yet to describe my characters to everyone still.  Quite awkward really.

Zeurei sat at the end of a bed, looking awkwardly across the room at his sister who was playing with Sandrise, the sizable magically modified animal bounding about before tackling Zeureis out of her chair.  Zeurei just laughed at her as she tumbled to the floor.  Cloak falling across the floor finally. 

They didn't really know what to say to each other anymore.  Neither remembered much about their past, and they'd already told each other about all of what had happened since they'd awakened. 

And so Zeurei ended up just checking his leg, making sure it was still running well, and it was.  As ever.  Zeureis however was left missing her left arm.  And with nothing else left to do, the two Avali simply relaxed in the room in silence.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 01:44 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 12:55 AM)achroma Wrote: "This time, things will be different, your not the only one fighting this battle, and you axe wielding friend is here. I'll try to conjure up a Avalanche, to buy some time, need be it."

"About that... They all need to be careful. Extremely careful. If one of us dies, it... Won't be good."
"Forget that. I'll gladly pummel these things back into the ground."
Order conjures up his warhammer.
Apathy scoffs. "Foolhardy as usual."
"I won't sit idly by while this 'Hierophant' threatens our very existence. You have the advantage up here, so you should be helping, too."
"...I hate to admit it, but you have a point."
"That's settled, then. Try not to get yourselves killed, you two."

The large shadow is more visible now that it's closer... In reality, it's a swarm of 'corrupted' Shadow Imps and a few humanoid figures with crystals jutting out in different areas of their bodies.
One figure stands out- a tall, horned, thing seemingly draped in jet-black robes with purple lining and tassets. It holds an equally jet-black staff with a large crystal at its end.
*the entity elongates its jet black talons and dogs them into the snow*
"And what did you do to deserve this, or is it something else?"
*then entity crouches, ready to pounce*

// seriously I have no idea what to do, odin keeps vanishing for days at a time and I can't wrap my head around half of this stuff. Any help with understanding this would be appreciated

Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 01:01 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // seriously I have no idea what to do, odin keeps vanishing for days at a time and I can't wrap my head around half of this stuff. Any help with understanding this would be appreciated

//Hey man, you can't expect Odin to constantly be able to get into the Nexus, he has (from what I've gathered) a rather large life outside of the Nexus.

*squirming*
Relax she's not here...
*makes their way to Umbra's house*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 01:08 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 01:01 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // seriously I have no idea what to do, odin keeps vanishing for days at a time and I can't wrap my head around half of this stuff. Any help with understanding this would be appreciated

//Hey man, you can't expect Odin to constantly be able to get into the Nexus, he has (from what I've gathered) a rather large life outside of the Nexus.

//Again you don't even need to understand anything to write how your characters react to what they see.  All you need to know is how your character works.  Do you understand how catalytic converters work off the top of your head without looking it up?  Probably not, but they're used in cars and some more advanced hand warmers and generators.  But can you react to them still?  They look like awkward burning sponges or cloth that spits out heat without an extended or very visible flame.  Yes.  Just, you know, react.  Nobody has all the cards, nobody needs all the cards. Relax man, just go with the flow. 

(06-03-2016, 04:07 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 01:08 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //Hey man, you can't expect Odin to constantly be able to get into the Nexus, he has (from what I've gathered) a rather large life outside of the Nexus.

//Again you don't even need to understand anything to write how your characters react to what they see.  All you need to know is how your character works.  Do you understand how catalytic converters work off the top of your head without looking it up?  Probably not, but they're used in cars and some more advanced hand warmers and generators.  But can you react to them still?  They look like awkward burning sponges or cloth that spits out heat without an extended or very visible flame.  Yes.  Just, you know, react.  Nobody has all the cards, nobody needs all the cards. Relax man, just go with the flow. 
// i just don't like stuff like "I wave mg hand and all the wounds instantly heal" or "I'm made of shadows so you can't hurt me but I can hurt you
//haven't seen any yet but I want to understand it in case some of it affects me later on.

(06-03-2016, 04:41 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // i just don't like stuff like "I wave mg hand and all the wounds instantly heal" or "I'm made of shadows so you can't hurt me but I can hurt you
//haven't seen any yet but I want to understand it in case some of it affects me later on.

// Well, I make sure to engineer weaknesses for everything I come up with. The Anomalies are extra vulnerable to anything not explicitly considered physical matter, such as hardlight weapons/equipment, fire, explosions, electricity, and EMPs. The same will apply to any future 'intangible' or 'shadow' things that I introduce. Shadow Imps and most of this shade's minions are weak to the same things, as well as metal weapons (including good ol' bullets).
// Another thing that makes hardlight different from Aerogel is that it can block magical attacks. It's fairly easy to get a basic shielding unit, so it shouldn't be a problem for anyone to get one.
// Hopefully that puts you more at ease. Keep in mind that the general public doesn't know about Umbra's weaknesses for safety reasons, though. Otherwise, there'd probably have been multiple attempts on taking his life by now.

(06-03-2016, 04:50 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 04:41 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // i just don't like stuff like "I wave mg hand and all the wounds instantly heal" or "I'm made of shadows so you can't hurt me but I can hurt you

// Well, I make sure to engineer weaknesses for everything I come up with. The Anomalies are extra vulnerable to anything not explicitly considered physical matter, such as hardlight weapons/equipment, fire, explosions, electricity, and EMPs. The same will apply to any future 'intangible' or 'shadow' things that I introduce. Shadow Imps and most of this shade's minions are weak to the same things, as well as metal weapons (including good ol' bullets).
// Another thing that makes hardlight different from Aerogel is that it can block magical attacks. It's fairly easy to get a basic shielding unit, so it shouldn't be a problem for anyone to get one.
// Hopefully that puts you more at ease. Keep in mind that the general public doesn't know about Umbra's weaknesses for safety reasons, though. Otherwise, there'd probably have been multiple attempts on taking his life by now.
// but what exactly is hardlight? Worth remembering that photons don't emit light, they ARE light, so where do they come from in a given situation?

*comes up behind Umbra*
Excuse me? Sir?
Has this creature caused you any trouble?

*is sitting at Rahizel's feet, being held by the neck scruff*
Raahh...

(06-03-2016, 05:03 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // but what exactly is hardlight? Worth remembering that photons don't emit light, they ARE light, so where do they come from in a given situation?

// I don't remember my original explanation, but it's basically a form of 'force field' technology that not many know how to make. It was brought over from a connected world iirc.
// Hardlight is really just a name; the material itself is composed of an unknown material that can collide with 'intangible' forces like electricity, magic, fire, and intangible things. It's tough, but breakable. Works kind of like shields in games (like Reinhardt and Winston's shield abilities in Overwatch and the extra 'shields' health bar in some other games). I mostly came up with it for effective shield tech for the Guards, along with more portable weapons and the like.

(06-03-2016, 06:08 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *comes up behind Umbra*
Excuse me? Sir?

Raahh...

Umbra is still inside his house, sleeping.

(06-03-2016, 06:34 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 05:03 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // but what exactly is hardlight? Worth remembering that photons don't emit light, they ARE light, so where do they come from in a given situation?

// I don't remember my original explanation, but it's basically a form of 'force field' technology that not many know how to make. It was brought over from a connected world iirc.
// It's tough, but breakable. Works kind of like shields in games (like Reinhardt and Winston's shield abilities in Overwatch and the extra 'shields' health bar in some other games). I mostly came up with it for effective shield tech for the Guards, along with more portable weapons and the like.

(06-03-2016, 06:08 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *comes up behind Umbra*
Excuse me? Sir?

Raahh...

Umbra is still inside his house, sleeping.
*knocks 3 times*

(06-03-2016, 06:50 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *knocks 3 times*

A bit of time passes before State answers.
"Who are you and why are you knocking this late at night?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 06-04-2016

Gregor was sleeping on Umbra's couch, probably. He didn't stir from the knocking.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-04-2016

(06-04-2016, 01:39 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor was sleeping on Umbra's couch, probably. He didn't stir from the knocking.
*much louder knocking, just short of damaging the door*

Oops...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-04-2016

(06-04-2016, 02:10 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *much louder knocking, just short of damaging the door*

Oops...

// *ahem*

(06-03-2016, 06:55 PM)Umbra Wrote: A bit of time passes before State answers.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-04-2016

(06-04-2016, 02:14 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 02:10 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *much louder knocking, just short of damaging the door*

Oops...

// *ahem*

(06-03-2016, 06:55 PM)Umbra Wrote: A bit of time passes before State answers.
// post didn't show

Yes I'm looking for Umbra?

This, whatever it is I forgot has something for him?

*that Gryphon with the grey pot belly is holding a coinpurse in its beak, it makes a muffled squawk at the sight of Gregor*
^v^