Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 06-17-2016

"I can just keep going if you're too nervous. It did sound nice though."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 02:12 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I can just keep going if you're too nervous. It did sound nice though."

"Oh, no, it's fine. All, uh... Those two... I guess... did was interrupt my warm-up."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-17-2016

//He doesn't know as much as it tends to sound like he does.  He just prefers keeping up an illusion of superiority.

"Well at least you're alive eh?"  Shrugging, he stepped aside as the bird thing named remy face-planted a tree, he kind of glanced awkwardly at them before looking back up to Danu and Anomaly guy.

Zeureis meanwhile changed her attention to bird thing.  "And what are you supposed to be, an overgrown chocobo?"  She teased it with aa relaxed venomless tone, leaning on the tree slightly looking down at Remy with a soft laugh.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-17-2016

(06-16-2016, 01:31 AM)Umbra Wrote: // Okay, about time I responded to these.

(06-06-2016, 12:54 AM)achroma Wrote: "We'll discuss this later, we have larger problems at hand"
*the draconian figure charges to the summit of the peak, still wary of the anomalies*  

The robed, demonic creature advances slowly after them, the rest of the swarm of tainted Imps following behind them.
Apathy attempts to block the thing's path with an ice wall, but it's burst apart with an explosion of energy.
"How powerful is this thing?"
"It's more of a matter of 'How weak are you?', since we're kind of fractured in a way."
"...Yeah, makes sense... Any plan on stopping this thing?"
"Either we drive it away or find a way to kill it ourselves. Option A seems a bit more likely to work if we can get out and get back to Umbra."
"But what if... I don't know... Some of us don't want to go back to not existing?"
"We don't really have a choice. There's no telling what The Remnant will do after we're wiped off the map, and we can't stay alive forever."

(06-09-2016, 01:11 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *some static plays out on comms but nothing shows up*
Scrrrrrrrrrr- there were live.
*a much more commandy voice comes on*
Attention control, this is the RFS Cursor
on approach, please advise on docking protocols.

*theres no indication that there's a ship*

// Thank god I remember Jerry's hex/its place on the pallette.

A gruff, somewhat agitated voice responds. It definitely sounds human.
"Can't really tell ya 'cause I don't know how big yer' ship is. We got different protocols for anything as big or bigger than yer' average freight carrier."

Back down in Woodport, Umbra seems to have woken up and made his way to the gigantic tree in the forest. He sits among the enormous roots that poke above the surface with an acoustic guitar, lighting a candle nearby for a small amount of light. While his colorful rings and eyes emitted a soft, teal-ish light, it wasn't enough light to see anything with. He starts warming up with a few soft chords.
State is still back at the house, unaware of the black-furred creature's 'escape.'

"Where and who is this umbra? I can attempt to bring it to the summit. And didn't this planet have some sort of gaurds? They could prove useful." 

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 02:12 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I can just keep going if you're too nervous. It did sound nice though."
mah mah!
(06-17-2016, 03:17 AM)Umbra Wrote:

"Oh, no, it's fine. All, uh... Those two... I guess... did was interrupt my warm-up."
*chirps*
(06-17-2016, 06:47 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //He doesn't know as much as it tends to sound like he does.  He just prefers keeping up an illusion of superiority.

"Well at least you're alive eh?"  Shrugging, he stepped aside as the bird thing named remy face-planted a tree, he kind of glanced awkwardly at them before looking back up to Danu and Anomaly guy.

Zeureis meanwhile changed her attention to bird thing.  "And what are you supposed to be, an overgrown chocobo?"  She teased it with aa relaxed venomless tone, leaning on the tree slightly looking down at Remy with a soft laugh.
// I'm lost...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 06:47 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Well at least you're alive eh?"  Shrugging, he stepped aside as the bird thing named remy face-planted a tree, he kind of glanced awkwardly at them before looking back up to Danu and Anomaly guy.

"Yeah, I guess..."

(06-17-2016, 12:19 PM)achroma Wrote: [color=#6633ff]"Where and who is this umbra? I can attempt to bring it to the summit. And didn't this planet have some sort of gaurds? They could prove useful." 

"We're right in front of you." Sure enough, there's a bunch of Guards on the mountain with them that originally came to confront whatever was enslaving people.
"Yeah, don't. We can't put him in danger. There's no telling what'll happen if any of us die, him included. He's already being put under enough stress and confusion, anyway."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 02:15 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 06:47 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Well at least you're alive eh?"  Shrugging, he stepped aside as the bird thing named remy face-planted a tree, he kind of glanced awkwardly at them before looking back up to Danu and Anomaly guy.

"Yeah, I guess..."

(06-17-2016, 12:19 PM)achroma Wrote: "Where and who is this umbra? I can attempt to bring it to the summit. And didn't this planet have some sort of gaurds? They could prove useful." 

"We're right in front of you." Sure enough, there's a bunch of Guards on the mountain with them that originally came to confront whatever was enslaving people.
"Yeah, don't. We can't put him in danger. There's no telling what'll happen if any of us die, him included. He's already being put under enough stress and confusion, anyway."
"So what do you suppose we do? I doubt I would even be able to communicate with the imps, and make them cause chaos among themselves."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 01:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
mah mah!

(06-17-2016, 03:17 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Oh, no, it's fine. All, uh... Those two... I guess... did was interrupt my warm-up."
*chirps*

Danu jumps when she hears this. "I was not expecting that one."

She reaches over and pets Remy, shrugging and laughing a little as she looks to Umbra and Zeureis.

A mist starts to creep along the forest floor, traveling against the wind. This late in the day it seems highly unnatural for such a thing to be forming.

(06-17-2016, 04:08 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 01:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote: mah mah!

*chirps*

Danu jumps when she hears this. "I was not expecting that one."

She reaches over and pets Remy, shrugging and laughing a little as she looks to Umbra and Zeureis.

A mist starts to creep along the forest floor, traveling against the wind. This late in the day it seems highly unnatural for such a thing to be forming.
*just starts purring and leaning against Danu*

// an attempt at a comprehensive description of Remy:
// basically looks like a combination of a Snow leopard and a peregrine falcon, with the thick fluff and layer of fat being better suited for temperature ranges an Avali would enjoy

//Zeurei and Zeureis are siblings, not the same person, their names are confusing on purpose, it was a joke from their parents. Zeureis is Zeurei's sister. Do I need to re-quote character descriptions for everyone?

(06-17-2016, 10:51 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Zeurei and Zeureis are siblings, not the same person, their names are confusing on purpose, it was a joke from their parents. Zeureis is Zeurei's sister. Do I need to re-quote character descriptions for everyone?
// kinda

(06-17-2016, 10:52 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 10:51 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Zeurei and Zeureis are siblings, not the same person, their names are confusing on purpose, it was a joke from their parents.  Zeureis is Zeurei's sister.  Do I need to re-quote character descriptions for everyone?
// kinda

(06-17-2016, 10:55 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 10:52 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // kinda

// i remember Avali only having feathers usually

(06-17-2016, 11:00 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 10:55 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
// i remember Avali only having feathers usually

//That would be impossible, as feathers would not fit such a shape and form as avali have.  If that were so, then they'd have bald legs head and tail.  As well as bald arms other than their winglets.  They are mostly covered in fur as the protective layer to account for what would be relatively thin skin, with feathers and plumage at appropriate areas that would lighten their movement using updrafts and angling as they move.  (as well as for flaunting) Without hollow bones and with such small winglets they would be unable to do more than glide, them being small and agile they can climb well, but on mountainous terrain, minor gliding is useful by skipping sections of terrain and being able to move swiftly from higher elevations to lower.  Otherwise the entire idea of them as a race would be flawed and I don't like flaws.

//TL;DR:  there is no tl;dr.

(06-17-2016, 11:23 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 11:00 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // i remember Avali only having feathers usually

//That would be impossible, as feathers would not fit such a shape and form as avali have.  If that were so, then they'd have bald legs head and tail.  As well as bald arms other than their winglets.  They are mostly covered in fur as the protective layer to account for what would be relatively thin skin, with feathers and plumage at appropriate areas that would lighten their movement using updrafts and angling as they move.  (as well as for flaunting) Without hollow bones and with such small winglets they would be unable to do more than glide, them being small and agile they can climb well, but on mountainous terrain, minor gliding is useful by skipping sections of terrain and being able to move swiftly from higher elevations to lower.  Otherwise the entire idea of them as a race would be flawed and I don't like flaws.

//TL;DR:  there is no tl;dr.
// feathers can be very very small, like size of a baby's fingernail small. Trust me they're feathery reptiles

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-18-2016

(06-17-2016, 02:34 PM)achroma Wrote: "So what do you suppose we do? I doubt I would even be able to communicate with the imps, and make them cause chaos among themselves."

"Our best bet is to force the Hierophant to retreat. The Imps should follow."
Speaking of the Hierophant, it's getting closer to the summit with every second that passes.

(06-17-2016, 04:08 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu jumps when she hears this. "I was not expecting that one."

"Right. So... I'll just..." Umbra starts strumming some warm-ups again.
He doesn't notice the mist, which may or may not be a good thing.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-18-2016

The mist seems to flow around and avoid Zeurei, leaving him standing like an odd mist-void circle, whereas the same cannot be said of Zeureis, who nervously whispers to Zeurei trying not to interrupt again to let him play in peace. "So, what's with the mist?" "What m... Oh. I don't know."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-18-2016

// Just want to point out that while Remy is incredibly soft and huggable, Rahizel without the cloak is covered in sharp edges...

// DO NOT hug Rahizel, you will bleed, and you will die, it's safe if the thick robes are worn though

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-18-2016

(06-18-2016, 02:45 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 02:34 PM)achroma Wrote: "So what do you suppose we do? I doubt I would even be able to communicate with the imps, and make them cause chaos among themselves."

"Our best bet is to force the Hierophant to retreat. The Imps should follow."
Speaking of the Hierophant, it's getting closer to the summit with every second that passes.

(06-17-2016, 04:08 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu jumps when she hears this. "I was not expecting that one."

"Right. So... I'll just..." Umbra starts strumming some warm-ups again.
He doesn't notice the mist, which may or may not be a good thing.

"So fighting it is. If I go down, drop the charges of the "contracted" people."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 06-18-2016

"Shh~" Danu scolds, the mist flowing gently around her ankles. She didn't seem to mind, in fact it almost looked natural for her to have her feet shrouded in a misty cloud. But that unmistakable feeling of dread attached to whatever was causing this, even she couldn't escape it. 

She looks nervously around for the cause of it.