Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-19-2016

(06-19-2016, 03:12 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Branches break, and they hear heavy footesteps along with a low growling.

A group of 6 monsters come out of the forest towards them, bizarre mutant insects the size of a St Bernard. They hiss at the group of friends, arms waving with pincer-like claws on the ends. When they finally expose their jaw, the number of teeth set in it makes a shark look toothless.

Danu quickly takes a ready stance, a faint shimmering around her displacing the fog.

Umbra attempts to freeze the fog at their feet, which would likely pin them where they stand.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-19-2016

(06-19-2016, 05:04 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 03:12 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Branches break, and they hear heavy footesteps along with a low growling.

A group of 6 monsters come out of the forest towards them, bizarre mutant insects the size of a St Bernard. They hiss at the group of friends, arms waving with pincer-like claws on the ends. When they finally expose their jaw, the number of teeth set in it makes a shark look toothless.

Danu quickly takes a ready stance, a faint shimmering around her displacing the fog.

Umbra attempts to freeze the fog at their feet, which would likely pin them where they stand.

"I figured I'd ask out of nicety.  Apologies."  One hand swiftly slid past the tip of umbra's left ear, the other sweeping in front of him as Umbra's illusions warped and then twisted away following Zeurei's right hand, as his left dropped a soft mist.  Umbra's illusion magick would be unusable to him temporarily, cryomancy unaffected. 

Light from the opal swept down to the illusions that now circled his hands midair before they lashed out, flying forwards and lashing as a nonphysical blind over the creatures entire heads, blinding them as he used a touch of cryomancy to freeze the inside of their noses, disabling any sense of smell quite painfully.  Before the mist faded, returning the tiny stint of cryomancy back to umbra with a slight energizing touch added to it. 

It left the beasts with nothing but hearing to work with.  The remaining teal rings extended out, plastering across trees branches and the ground itself, bathing the area in strong teal light as all shadows faded.
  "I'm not a fighter.  So I figured, I may as well help how I can.  And that's all I can do right now."  He stepped back behind them now as he attempted to prepare something, or seemed to as slight bits of the blue light from his eyes channeled up into the opal.

Sandrise prepared a heavy tackle for any of them that managed to get close, prowling low

Zeureis meanwhile hid up in a tree overhead, sliding out her dagger as she prepared to jump atop and finish off one if they got too riled up.

//Just a little finesse and things look so much better.

(06-19-2016, 05:47 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 05:04 PM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra attempts to freeze the fog at their feet, which would likely pin them where they stand.

"I figured I'd ask out of nicety.  Apologies."  One hand swiftly slid past the tip of umbra's left ear, the other sweeping in front of him as Umbra's illusions warped and then twisted away following Zeurei's right hand, as his left dropped a soft mist.  Umbra's illusion magick would be unusable to him temporarily, cryomancy unaffected. 

Light from the opal swept down to the illusions that now circled his hands midair before they lashed out, flying forwards and lashing as a nonphysical blind over the creatures entire heads, blinding them as he used a touch of cryomancy to freeze the inside of their noses, disabling any sense of smell quite painfully.  Before the mist faded, returning the tiny stint of cryomancy back to umbra with a slight energizing touch added to it. 

It left the beasts with nothing but hearing to work with.  The remaining teal rings extended out, plastering across trees branches and the ground itself, bathing the area in strong teal light as all shadows faded.
  "I'm not a fighter.  So I figured, I may as well help how I can.  And that's all I can do right now."  He stepped back behind them now as he attempted to prepare something, or seemed to as slight bits of the blue light from his eyes channeled up into the opal.

Sandrise prepared a heavy tackle for any of them that managed to get close, prowling low

Zeureis meanwhile hid up in a tree overhead, sliding out her dagger as she prepared to jump atop and finish off one if they got too riled up.

//Just a little finesse and things look so much better.

Umbra's rings and eyes...
...Well.
They're pitch black.
The eyes at least have teal dots where their pupils would be. Nonetheless, it'd be somewhat disturbing.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-19-2016

//what are the anomalies anyways? I know so far that they are intangible and each have elemental abilities base on their colors. Is there anything else I need to know?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-19-2016

*as Rahizel closes in it seems like all the magic of the area is being slowly drained or dampened*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-19-2016

(06-19-2016, 07:43 PM)achroma Wrote: //what are the anomalies anyways? I know so far that they are intangible and each have elemental abilities base on their colors. Is there anything else I need to know?

//Basically the separate aspects of one soul.  And without the whole altogether, there is nothing to temper each individual aspect, so it seems as if they are an extreme of their case even though they are not.  Think of it in patience and haste/rashness.  With nothing but patience, you get nothing done, with no patience and only haste/rashness, you cannot sit and wait for the life of you and must do something.  Everything else is an artefact of his magick as an elementalist.  At least, this is what I've gotten from the several times he's explained it to people already including after you've been here.  They're basically figments of existence.

The bound enchantments do not waver in the presence of the antimagick field, in fact, they brighten as it overtakes them, shining not only light, but beams of it outwards, harmless, but somehow beautiful nonetheless.  The ones bound to the beast's faces don't spit out a beam, which goes to show how bright it would be to them at this point.  Rahizel would find his source of internal energy draining slightly faster than usual.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-19-2016

(06-19-2016, 05:04 PM)Umbra Wrote:

(06-19-2016, 09:37 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 07:43 PM)achroma Wrote: //what are the anomalies anyways? I know so far that they are intangible and each have elemental abilities base on their colors. Is there anything else I need to know?

//Basically the separate aspects of one soul.  And without the whole altogether, there is nothing to temper each individual aspect, so it seems as if they are an extreme of their case even though they are not.  Think of it in patience and haste/rashness.  With nothing but patience, you get nothing done, with no patience and only haste/rashness, you cannot sit and wait for the life of you and must do something.  Everything else is an artefact of his magick as an elementalist.  At least, this is what I've gotten from the several times he's explained it to people already including after you've been here.  They're basically figments of existence.

The bound enchantments do not waver in the presence of the antimagick field, in fact, they brighten as it overtakes them, shining not only light, but beams of it outwards, harmless, but somehow beautiful nonetheless.  The ones bound to the beast's faces don't spit out a beam, which goes to show how bright it would be to them at this point.  Rahizel would find his source of internal energy draining slightly faster than usual.

// thanks for explaining. Also you must have rolled a 20 on countering the antimagki felid XD

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 06-19-2016

Danu notices the draining field as well, but it doesn't bother her. If Rahziel had any sense of feeling on how much power was being absorbed by that field, he'd probably notice one if not two strong sources within it, at least one of them increasing its output to match the draining effect. Although she had to be careful not to release too much at once or it would be visible, but with that field present she could use a lot more unnoticed.

Umbra was able to freeze one of the creatures in place by turning the fog into ice around its feet, but the others were able to get out of the way in time to avoid it.

They break off the group to take individual targets, with two of them attacking Danu, two on Zeruei/Zerueis, and the last one as well as the frozen one turning their attention to Umbra.

Letting them get in close, Danu lunges right into the thick of it. Taking them head on, her fist swings wild before crushing one right in the jaw hard enough to make a booming sound that echoes through the forest as if someone had set off a firecracker. It whimpers and staggers back to regain itself, but its partner was practically on top of her and catches hold of her gown with its pincers as she flails at it to fend it off.

(06-19-2016, 10:05 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu notices the draining field as well, but it doesn't bother her. If Rahziel had any sense of feeling on how much power was being absorbed by that field, he'd probably notice one if not two strong sources within it, at least one of them increasing its output to match the draining effect. Although she had to be careful not to release too much at once or it would be visible, but with that field present she could use a lot more unnoticed.

Umbra was able to freeze one of the creatures in place by turning the fog into ice around its feet, but the others were able to get out of the way in time to avoid it.

They break off the group to take individual targets, with two of them attacking Danu, two on Zeruei/Zerueis, and the last one as well as the frozen one turning their attention to Umbra.

Letting them get in close, Danu lunges right into the thick of it. Taking them head on, her fist swings wild before crushing one right in the jaw hard enough to make a booming sound that echoes through the forest as if someone had set off a firecracker. It whimpers and staggers back to regain itself, but its partner was practically on top of her and catches hold of her gown with its pincers as she flails at it to fend it off.

*storms over looking enraged, chopping a small tree in half as it gets in the way. Rahizel only stops to kneel before Remy*

I swear if someone hurts this innocent fuzzball things will get nasty real fast!

*snarls and stands between Remy and the rest of the scene, two aerotech broadswords drawn to either side, the look in those eyes say anything that gets close will be eviscerated*

(06-19-2016, 09:10 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *as Rahizel closes in it seems like all the magic of the area is being slowly drained or dampened*

Umbra starts feeling worse than he already was. His grip on his gun is visibly faltering.
"Ugh... What..."

(06-19-2016, 09:37 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:

// Maybe you should let me answer a question about my own characters :/

// They're kind of hard ot explain. In the previous RP, they formed as the result of an accident involving magical energy, and originated as four different aspects of Umbra's personality and an overseer of sorts.
// In this iteration, four were fused with Umbra to form his white "spatial anomaly" body. The fifth struck a deal with a Shade and ended up becoming enslaved by it and turned into The Remnant.
// Besides what you said and the ability to strike intangible objects in either phase, they also can't be "targeted," meaning that technology, weapons, and magic that targets an entity to work won't target them in the first place (as in targeting systems and abilities that need to be used specifically on a target, like Telepathy). Manually aimed and AoE (Area of Effect, for those who somehow don't know) things will pick them up as they would normally, however, like EMPS, cameras, and Rahizel's magic dampening field.
// Umbra (in Anomaly form) also has the ability to summon what are basically ghostly flashbangs and teleport to the base of the huge tree in the forest. He can't do either of those things right now, though.
// The other Anomalies that exist right now can't do a lot of what they used to. For example, Order can't turn intangible anymore and Empathy can't even make his weapon.

// TL;DR creepy ghost mages that are treated as nonexistent. They're all weak at the moment, and Umbra can normally do a bit more than the others that exist for now.

(06-18-2016, 09:17 PM)achroma Wrote: *the entity skids on the ice , enraged my the trickery*
"These imps sound like a nusence than a threat."
*the being resumes hacking and slashing its way to the hierophant*

The demonic shadow keeps walking towards the summit. It's met by one of Order's lightning bolts and staggers backwards, then advances again a bit more quickly.

(06-19-2016, 10:05 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu notices the draining field as well, but it doesn't bother her. If Rahziel had any sense of feeling on how much power was being absorbed by that field, he'd probably notice one if not two strong sources within it, at least one of them increasing its output to match the draining effect. Although she had to be careful not to release too much at once or it would be visible, but with that field present she could use a lot more unnoticed.

Umbra fires, trying to hit the bug that's coming for him.

(06-19-2016, 11:32 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 09:10 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *as Rahizel closes in it seems like all the magic of the area is being slowly drained or dampened*

Umbra starts feeling worse than he already was. His grip on his gun is visibly faltering.
"Ugh... What..."

(06-19-2016, 09:37 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Basically the separate aspects of one soul.  And without the whole altogether, there is nothing to temper each individual aspect, so it seems as if they are an extreme of their case even though they are not.  Think of it in patience and haste/rashness.  With nothing but patience, you get nothing done, with no patience and only haste/rashness, you cannot sit and wait for the life of you and must do something.  Everything else is an artefact of his magick as an elementalist.  At least, this is what I've gotten from the several times he's explained it to people already including after you've been here.  They're basically figments of existence.

// They're kind of hard ot explain. In the previous RP, they formed as the result of an accident involving magical energy, and originated as four different aspects of Umbra's personality and an overseer of sorts.
// In this iteration, four were fused with Umbra to form his white "spatial anomaly" body. The fifth struck a deal with a Shade and ended up becoming enslaved by it and turned into The Remnant.
// Besides what you said and the ability to strike intangible objects in either phase, they also can't be "targeted," meaning that technology, weapons, and magic that targets an entity to work won't target them in the first place (as in targeting systems and abilities that need to be used specifically on a target, like Telepathy). Manually aimed and AoE (Area of Effect, for those who somehow don't know) things will pick them up as they would normally, however, like EMPS, cameras, and Rahizel's magic dampening field.
// Umbra (in Anomaly form) also has the ability to summon what are basically ghostly flashbangs and teleport to the base of the huge tree in the forest. He can't do either of those things right now, though.
// The other Anomalies that exist right now can't do a lot of what they used to. For example, Order can't turn intangible anymore and Empathy can't even make his weapon.

// TL;DR creepy ghost mages that are treated as nonexistent. They're all weak at the moment, and Umbra can normally do a bit more than the others that exist for now.

(06-18-2016, 09:17 PM)achroma Wrote: *the entity skids on the ice , enraged my the trickery*

The demonic shadow keeps walking towards the summit. It's met by one of Order's lightning bolts and staggers backwards, then advances again a bit more quickly.

// what makes them difficult to target? Is it because they're psychic projections instead of being opaque to light? Nothing can just be unable to be targeted but still be visible and nothing can attack and not be attacked in the exact same instant.

//also Rahizel's frame both scrambles and absorbs energy, especially arcane varieties. Spells would have a much higher chance to fail in immediate proximity and though there's no conscious control it follows with the level of anger and aggression

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-20-2016

(06-19-2016, 11:32 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"Ugh... What..."

(06-19-2016, 09:37 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Basically the separate aspects of one soul.  And without the whole altogether, there is nothing to temper each individual aspect, so it seems as if they are an extreme of their case even though they are not.  Think of it in patience and haste/rashness.  With nothing but patience, you get nothing done, with no patience and only haste/rashness, you cannot sit and wait for the life of you and must do something.  Everything else is an artefact of his magick as an elementalist.  At least, this is what I've gotten from the several times he's explained it to people already including after you've been here.  They're basically figments of existence.

"It's not working! What can I do!"
*the entity begins to go into a panicked frenzy, lashing out* 
"I'm not long before I deplete the arcane energies stored within the construct, so it's now or never."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-20-2016

(06-19-2016, 11:52 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // what makes them difficult to target? Is it because they're psychic projections instead of being opaque to light? Nothing can just be unable to be targeted but still be visible and nothing can attack and not be attacked in the exact same instant.

//also Rahizel's frame both scrambles and absorbs energy, especially arcane varieties. Spells would have a much higher chance to fail in immediate proximity and though there's no conscious control it follows with the level of anger and aggression

// have you ever tried to punch a ghost?
// the "not targetable" thing works kind of like how vampires can't see their reflection and how you can't shoot a hologram. The whole "hit intangible things" thing just coincided with Joey's onslaught of shadow creatures at the time, and considering they're a form of energy construct, it kind of makes sense for energy to be able to interact with energy, regardless of tangibility.
// hence why they'll always be vulnerable to stuff like electricity, plasma, and fire in either state.
// they can't hit physical objects while intangible, either. I think this stuff through. Everything I come up with has weaknesses engineered in so there's always some way to beat them in a fight.

// TL;DR (again) they're elemental-ghost hybrid things that can't hit tangible stuff while intangible, and also get hit by energy stuff like plasma and fire no matter what. They're also not god creatures designed to always win in a fight.

// what's more, why does it even matter? All it means is that you'll have to actually aim instead of relying on advanced targeting systems, and have to actually shoot your magic missile instead of using its homing thing. This isn't hard science, and not everything needs an explanation. It'd be a waste of time to peer pressure me into scientifically explaining everything. I could have just said "magic" and it would have sufficed.

// -As for the other thing-
// it'd still disorient Umbra somewhat, since he still has an energy about him when not in Anomaly form- even though he's currently completely locked out of it.

(06-20-2016, 12:25 AM)achroma Wrote: "It's not working! What can I do!"
"I'm not long before I deplete the arcane energies stored within the construct, so it's now or never."

The Imps start retreating. Once a cowardly animal, always a cowardly animal, it seems.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 12:52 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 11:52 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // what makes them difficult to target? Is it because they're psychic projections instead of being opaque to light? Nothing can just be unable to be targeted but still be visible and nothing can attack and not be attacked in the exact same instant.

// the "not targetable" thing works kind of like how vampires can't see their reflection and how you can't shoot a hologram. The whole "hit intangible things" thing just coincided with Joey's onslaught of shadow creatures at the time, and considering they're a form of energy construct, it kind of makes sense for energy to be able to interact with energy, regardless of tangibility.
// hence why they'll always be vulnerable to stuff like electricity, plasma, and fire in either state.
// they can't hit physical objects while intangible, either. I think this stuff through. Everything I come up with has weaknesses engineered in so there's always some way to beat them in a fight.

// TL;DR (again) they're elemental-ghost hybrid things that can't hit tangible stuff while intangible, and also get hit by energy stuff like plasma and fire no matter what. They're also not god creatures designed to always win in a fight.

// what's more, why does it even matter? All it means is that you'll have to actually aim instead of relying on advanced targeting systems, and have to actually shoot your magic missile instead of using its homing thing. This isn't hard science, and not everything needs an explanation. It'd be a waste of time to peer pressure me into scientifically explaining everything. I could have just said "magic" and it would have sufficed.

// it'd still disorient Umbra somewhat, since he still has an energy about him when not in Anomaly form- even though he's currently completely locked out of it.

The Imps start retreating. Once a cowardly animal, always a cowardly animal, it seems.

*the entity chases the imps a fair distance before turning back*
"Hopefully they won't come back, as for me, I have to-
*a mechanical rasp comes from the construct*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-20-2016

(01-12-2016, 02:11 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Greetings, ye burd who doth appeared unto our humble forum!
If you wish to use the Avali in a game, especially one that's going to be sold, presumably, because people like money, you should probably have a chat with Ryuujin, the creator... He doesn't really show up on these forums a lot anymore, though, so that may be difficult.

(01-11-2016, 03:30 PM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote: my main reason for joining is becasue i barely have Any avali friends to roleplay with and i love the fluffball so much i would wanna rp with them alot ;w;
Haha, haved fun with trying to figure out RP - our RPs are always a mess.

(01-11-2016, 08:16 PM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote: Dont worry i have no sanity to begin with!
Good, you're meeting all our standards!

Here's the handy Shaadaris' Made-Up-On-The-Spot Avali Nexus Guidebook, or SMUOTSANG for short:
1. Don't be a dick. #1 rule of the Nexus. Also the most frequently broken rule... Don't break this rule. At least, try not to. Please.
2. Beware page 169, or any mention of the number 169. Do not question this. Or do. Your call.
3. Expect arguments. They're unfortunately frequent.
4. Ehks is badmin the administrator. No but really though he's cool. Ehksidian, Segolia, and OdinYggd are the currently active moderators. Know these names well, for they are your GODS.
5. There are no birds. Only burds or burbs. They are all the same thing. Therefore, birds do and don't exist at the same time. Expect paradoxes.
6. If you post something very long, or a very large image or gif, or quote a post with one in it, please either Snip (-snip-) it out or [Image: X6hihJg.jpg] (-snop-) it. Or spoiler it. Your choice.
7. Expect lots of non-Avali-centric discussion. While they are still around, since Ryuu stopped working on the SB mod and interest in Starbound has declined, they are rarely the topic of conversation anymore.
8. Go to your User Control Panel. Click Edit Options. Suggested settings to change, if not already changed, are:
-Display posts in classic mode: CHECKED
-Show friendly redirect pages: UNCHECKED
This will make browsing the forum be far nicer, in general.
9. Do not abuse the reputation system. In general, you should probably not even use it much. Don't upvote everything you like constantly, and don't downvote everything you don't agree with. The rep system is kind of broken anyway.
10. When you log in, go to avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/portal.php. Click new posts, and then on each thread, click the small green arrow. This will take you to the first unread post in that thread. Quite useful with the lack of alerts. Note that you may need to refresh the page for it to bring you to the right post - sometimes it just sends you to the bottom of the page instead, with some people.
11. I reccommend the Source Editor being set by default (the option is on the same page as the ones in 8). It's less finnicky and you can see just what BBCode tags you're using and which are affecting what text. Also very useful for RPing, since we use colours to differentiate characters, mostly.
12. Welcome to the Nexus. You can never leave.
13. Even when you leave, you never leave.

Have a nice day/night/timezones/time-means-nothing-in-this-reality.

(06-20-2016, 12:52 AM)Umbra Wrote:

// so with Rahizel's tendency to sponge up and periodically erupt with magical energy would not bode well for such a creature...

(06-20-2016, 01:40 AM)Rahizel Wrote: // so with Rahizel's tendency to sponge up and periodically erupt with magical energy would not bode well for such a creature...

// which is why he currently feels even more like shit and can't aim very well.
// I'm going to keep it so that Rahizel only quells most of his abilities, though- it doesn't seem fair to destroy Umbra or make him not magic for standing close to an anti-magic field. Same goes for the other Anomalies, but they'll be going back to legitimately not existing fairly soon.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-20-2016

(06-19-2016, 09:57 PM)achroma Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 05:04 PM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra attempts to freeze the fog at their feet, which would likely pin them where they stand.

(06-19-2016, 09:37 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Basically the separate aspects of one soul.  And without the whole altogether, there is nothing to temper each individual aspect, so it seems as if they are an extreme of their case even though they are not.  Think of it in patience and haste/rashness.  With nothing but patience, you get nothing done, with no patience and only haste/rashness, you cannot sit and wait for the life of you and must do something.  Everything else is an artefact of his magick as an elementalist.  At least, this is what I've gotten from the several times he's explained it to people already including after you've been here.  They're basically figments of existence.

// thanks for explaining. Also you must have rolled a 20 on countering the antimagki felid XD

//Sorry aboot that Umbra.  Been excited today so was trying to be friendly.  You're right.

//Didn't counter it, used it to feed power into enchantments instead.  Although I did just roll a D20 for the hell of it and rolled a twenty so, kinda?  On the bright side that should help make sure you don't just explode instantly.  Also note: feedback, if you cannot turn this field off at will, you won't get rid of the energy, ever, it will just keep building forever until overload.  Those surges will be re-absorbed with zero loss.  You need to think a bit more about it.  Just a loophole warning.

Zeurei just watched the thing charge towards him passively, focusing on pushing back the field so it didn't attempt to take away more than just magick.  His hands held orbs of light, he could not be interrupted or someone might die. 

"Not you again...  You indescribable horror.  Magick eater."  He spoke of Rahizel as Zeureis dropped atop the nearest beast to Zeurei, pushing her heated blade at the back of it's carapace.  She carried the intent to sever it's nervous center, as the blade began to press through like it was made of cold butter as she applied force. 

Meanwhile, Sandrise tackled the other from the side, sending it flying off course with her grappled onto it with rabidly tight grip, she attempted to immobilize rather than kill, with no capability to  harm it beyond so, using her legs to keep it's limbs pressed against it's body.  She was strong for her size even.  Being around as long as this feline has would do that to ya.

It allowed Zeurei to refocus as he slowed the pull on Danu as well, and Umbra.  It left him basically incapacitated as he stood there counter-weaving against the anti magick field, eyes alight, hands alight, opal a white light above his shoulder.  His expression blanked and he fell to a sitting position, drawing focus away from even his physical abilities to focus on retaining a wall against the field, his jaw going slack, breathing and the now visible barrier holding back the anti magick field the only signs he was still there.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 06-20-2016

Umbra's gun finds its targets, and the bug attacking him is ripped into by the bullets. It staggers and falls over, but isn't dead and could get back up.

Danu on the other hand is in a bit of a bind. One of the bugs managed to catch hold of her, and struggle as a woman usually would do in such a situation she wasn't able to inflict enough damage on it to get it to let go of her. Fortunately she still had an arm free, and was able to at least keep its mouth away from her body that way.

"Little help here Rahizel?! Nobody hurt Remy, he sorta bonked himself out because of the fog. But I could use a hand if you're willing..."

(06-20-2016, 03:33 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Umbra's gun finds its targets, and the bug attacking him is ripped into by the bullets. It staggers and falls over, but isn't dead and could get back up.

Danu on the other hand is in a bit of a bind. One of the bugs managed to catch hold of her, and struggle as a woman usually would do in such a situation she wasn't able to inflict enough damage on it to get it to let go of her. Fortunately she still had an arm free, and was able to at least keep its mouth away from her body that way.

"Little help here Rahizel?! Nobody hurt Remy, he sorta bonked himself out because of the fog. But I could use a hand if you're willing..."

Umbra switches to a hardlight sword he had on hand and drives the blade into the downed bug's head. He then darts over to Danu to try and knock the mantis-shark thing off of her.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-20-2016

//It's like I'm not even there, heh.  Is there something wrong with my posts?  Would anyone like me to change anything?  I feel like I'm writing too much at once, but can't simply shift it down.  Is it too dramatic?  I've never been critiqued, so it would help.  I am honestly asking.