Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 06-20-2016

//Nothing wrong with them. You posted almost exactly the same time I did, I didn't get to see your post till I had already hit go on mine.

Zerueis' blade severed the beast's neural center no problem, sending it flailing about having a seizure as its body raced out of control. It screamed and howled, crashing into trees and flipping over as it slid away from the group.

Similarly, Umbra had no trouble at all finishing off the downed creature. But there was still plenty more, including the one that Danu had initially gotten a jaw hit on that has now gotten back on its feet and was about to resume fighting.

Danu struggles to free herself, and soon her free arm is finally captured by the beast leaving her seemingly defenseless. Its mouth comes down, as if to take the kill- when suddenly there is an explosion of white, and a smoldering half-carapice tumbling away as she lands on her feet again. Hopefully such a power surge wouldn't be too much for Rahizel to absorb, since he would almost certainly end up with anything that didn't become destructive power.

"Gross! GROSS! I HATE MUTANT BUGS!" She shouts and runs towards the injured one that she had hit before. Picking up a rock as she goes, she looks to crush its head before it is fully recovered.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 04:40 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //It's like I'm not even there, heh.  Is there something wrong with my posts?  Would anyone like me to change anything?  I feel like I'm writing too much at once, but can't simply shift it down.  Is it too dramatic?  I've never been critiqued, so it would help.  I am honestly asking. Also will edit a post into this shortly.

// huh wha sorry

(06-20-2016, 04:57 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Nothing wrong with them. You posted almost exactly the same time I did, I didn't get to see your post till I had already hit go on mine.

Zerueis' blade severed the beast's neural center no problem, sending it flailing about having a seizure as its body raced out of control. It screamed and howled, crashing into trees and flipping over as it slid away from the group.

Similarly, Umbra had no trouble at all finishing off the downed creature. But there was still plenty more, including the one that Danu had initially gotten a jaw hit on that has now gotten back on its feet and was about to resume fighting.

Danu struggles to free herself, and soon her free arm is finally captured by the beast leaving her seemingly defenseless. Its mouth comes down, as if to take the kill- when suddenly there is an explosion of white, and a smoldering half-carapice tumbling away as she lands on her feet again. Hopefully such a power surge wouldn't be too much for Rahizel to absorb, since he would almost certainly end up with anything that didn't become destructive power.

"Gross! GROSS! I HATE MUTANT BUGS!" She shouts and runs towards the injured one that she had hit before. Picking up a rock as she goes, she looks to crush its head before it is fully recovered.

"I'm, uh... Not a fan of them, either." Umbra seems a bit confused as to Danu's sudden shift of mood, despite it being understandable. After all, she did say she hated bugs.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 04:57 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Nothing wrong with them. You posted almost exactly the same time I did, I didn't get to see your post till I had already hit go on mine.

//Damn.  I want critique for once.  Can't get better if I don't know what's wrong.  But thanks.

Zeureis Whimpered slightly as the creature went wild, willingly letting herself tumble as the creature smashed into the first tree.  She landed flat on her back, sliding a good 10 inches.  She didn't move afterwards for now.  Just laying there, twitching before she cursed in a scream  "*%$#! " at the pain of the landing. 

Momentarily though, she stood again despite the soreness.  After retaking her blade she ran over and slowly worked on severing the other bug beneath Sandrise' entire head from it's body almost methodically.  And with a bit of a struggle as it flopped and spun it's head about, it flopped down, and the body stopped struggling beneath the cat, doing little more than twitching as she released it. 

Now relieved of her charge, Sandrise began curling back down and seeming to shrink as she disappeared beneath Zeureis' cloak once more.  With a scowl from Zeureis at Rahizel, She ran off back towards town, to get Sandrise away from Rahizel before he killed her by accident.  If it weren't for Zeurei, There would have been one more corpse already laying amidst them. 

Possibly two.  But who thought it worthwhile to think about such a thing, as Zeurei, freed of two shields was able to relax his focus slightly, although he kept it up for now, for Umbra's sake.  He laid back, just looking up, he wished to be able to enjoy his current position, but he still had work to do, and it was still only early morning.  Rolling over, he pushed himself up as he heard Danu scream something about bugs, and he smiled. 

That was a familiar emotion.  A flash of memory again, stunned him,  Almost shook his attention, Umbra would feel that.  "Apologies."  His voice was low, but it still carried well enough to be audible even with all the action.  A soft ringing was heard in everyone's ears as the blue faded again from Zeurei's eyes, the opal turned blue. 

"But I have an experiment to run."  As he said this the opal hid again beneath his robe, and he sat down again.  If he was doing anything, it wasn't noticable, that is until a single spike shot from the ground through the already dead creature Danu had incinerated.  "Close enough..."  The spike seemed to dissipate into nothing rapidly afterwards, and Zeurei just relaxed focusing on keeping the shielding active now.

//I've just literally never been able to get critique from anyone really ever in my life other than what Shaadaris tried, don't worry about it Umbra.  I get overly excited at the prospect of getting better.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 03:33 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Umbra's gun finds its targets, and the bug attacking him is ripped into by the bullets. It staggers and falls over, but isn't dead and could get back up.

Danu on the other hand is in a bit of a bind. One of the bugs managed to catch hold of her, and struggle as a woman usually would do in such a situation she wasn't able to inflict enough damage on it to get it to let go of her. Fortunately she still had an arm free, and was able to at least keep its mouth away from her body that way.

"Little help here Rahizel?! Nobody hurt Remy, he sorta bonked himself out because of the fog. But I could use a hand if you're willing..."
Starting to think Remy is far sighted...

Please hold still.
*With a flick of the blade the bug has its limbs severed and sliced in half with another*

mrrrrr~
*wraps their huge wings around Danu like a Shield for a moment*

Do you need a hand miss?

*holds out a hand, despite being a machine Rahizel is just pulsing with boundless energy, his hand on Danu's back is like a bolt of lightning, dumping the accumulated charge into Danu at an almost painful rate*

(06-20-2016, 05:44 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:

//Damn.  I want critique for once.  Can't get better if I don't know what's wrong.  But thanks.

Zeureis Whimpered slightly as the creature went wild, willingly letting herself tumble as the creature smashed into the first tree.  She landed flat on her back, sliding a good 10 inches.  She didn't move afterwards for now.  Just laying there, twitching before she cursed in a scream  "*%$#! " at the pain of the landing. 

Momentarily though, she stood again despite the soreness.  After retaking her blade she ran over and slowly worked on severing the other bug beneath Sandrise' entire head from it's body almost methodically.  And with a bit of a struggle as it flopped and spun it's head about, it flopped down, and the body stopped struggling beneath the cat, doing little more than twitching as she released it. 

Now relieved of her charge, Sandrise began curling back down and seeming to shrink as she disappeared beneath Zeureis' cloak once more.  With a scowl from Zeureis at Rahizel, She ran off back towards town, to get Sandrise away from Rahizel before he killed her by accident.  If it weren't for Zeurei, There would have been one more corpse already laying amidst them. 

Possibly two.  But who thought it worthwhile to think about such a thing, as Zeurei, freed of two shields was able to relax his focus slightly, although he kept it up for now, for Umbra's sake.  He laid back, just looking up, he wished to be able to enjoy his current position, but he still had work to do, and it was still only early morning.  Rolling over, he pushed himself up as he heard Danu scream something about bugs, and he smiled. 

That was a familiar emotion.  A flash of memory again, stunned him,  Almost shook his attention, Umbra would feel that.  "Apologies."  His voice was low, but it still carried well enough to be audible even with all the action.  A soft ringing was heard in everyone's ears as the blue faded again from Zeurei's eyes, the opal turned blue. 

"But I have an experiment to run."  As he said this the opal hid again beneath his robe, and he sat down again.  If he was doing anything, it wasn't noticable, that is until a single spike shot from the ground through the already dead creature Danu had incinerated.  "Close enough..."  The spike seemed to dissipate into nothing rapidly afterwards, and Zeurei just relaxed focusing on keeping the shielding active now.

//I've just literally never been able to get critique from anyone really ever in my life other than what Shaadaris tried, don't worry about it Umbra.  I get overly excited at the prospect of getting better.
// i was trying to be nice because of past experiences with you but... yeah

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 05:44 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      Zeureis Whimpered slightly as the creature went wild, willingly letting herself tumble as the creature smashed into the first tree.  She landed flat on her back, sliding a good 10 inches.  She didn't move afterwards for now.  Just laying there, twitching before she cursed in a scream  "*%$#! " at the pain of the landing. 

That was a familiar emotion.  A flash of memory again, stunned him,  Almost shook his attention, Umbra would feel that.  [color=#996633]"Apologies."
  His voice was low, but it still carried well enough to be audible even with all the action.  A soft ringing was heard in everyone's ears as the blue faded again from Zeurei's eyes, the opal turned blue. 

"But I have an experiment to run."[color=#999933]  As he said this the opal hid again beneath his robe, and he sat down again.  If he was doing anything, it wasn't noticable, that is until a single spike shot from the ground through the already dead creature Danu had incinerated. 
"Close enough..."  [color=#999933]The spike seemed to dissipate into nothing rapidly afterwards, and Zeurei just relaxed focusing on keeping the shielding active now.

Umbra flinches for a second. What was... Ugh, it doesn't matter right now. Umbra deactivates his sword and re-draws his gun, walking over to the ice-trapped creature to put it out of its misery.

//Rahizel you are on very thin ice already in terms of how likely you are to get banned. This discussion is off-topic in this thread and will cease immediately.

//Your character's anti-magic field is downright hostile to several other characters. It is to be expected that they would dislike him because of it, or because of other things he has done recently. Even Danu was hindered by it, and released a surge of power to save herself from imminent harm that may have caused problems for your character.

"Rahizel, can you stop absorbing people's power? We kind of need it to fight these things, and I'm afraid you shouldn't be close to me with such an ability because I might break it on you." Danu gently pushes his wings away, realizing that he was the one absorbing her power. Having him that close he'd surely absorb more than he could handle. Reaching for a stick, she makes ready to defend herself against the last few critters that still had a bit of fight to them.

It seemed Zerueis had escaped, hopefully to safety, while Zeruei and Umbra were still fighting. Not only that, but somebody nearby had noticed the confrontation and come to offer their assistance. The battle was surely won, they just had to finish off the last few foes.

(06-20-2016, 07:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Rahizel you are on very thin ice already in terms of how likely you are to get banned. This discussion is off-topic in this thread and will cease immediately.

//Your character's anti-magic field is downright hostile to several other characters. It is to be expected that they would dislike him because of it, or because of other things he has done recently. Even Danu was hindered by it, and released a surge of power to save herself from imminent harm that may have caused problems for your character.

"Rahizel, can you stop absorbing people's power? We kind of need it to fight these things, and I'm afraid you shouldn't be close to me with such an ability because I might break it on you." Danu gently pushes his wings away, realizing that he was the one absorbing her power. Having him that close he'd surely absorb more than he could handle. Reaching for a stick, she makes ready to defend herself against the last few critters that still had a bit of fight to them.

It seemed Zerueis had escaped, hopefully to safety, while Zeruei and Umbra were still fighting. Not only that, but somebody nearby had noticed the confrontation and come to offer their assistance. The battle was surely won, they just had to finish off the last few foes.
// ill come back when I can properly explain

// I can safely say that the jdea of draining magic is simply borne of my fear of it being misused against my character and request that from here on out the idea be ignored.

// I also apologize for going so far off topic.

(06-20-2016, 08:20 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // I can safely say that the jdea of draining magic is simply borne of my fear of it being misused against my character and request that from here on out the idea be ignored.
//Can't really retcon it at this point. Just turn it off and don't turn it on around characters that would be offended by its presence.

(06-20-2016, 11:10 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 08:20 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // I can safely say that the jdea of draining magic is simply borne of my fear of it being misused against my character and request that from here on out the idea be ignored.
//Can't really retcon it at this point. Just turn it off and don't turn it on around characters that would be offended by its presence.
*the effect dissipates to nothing after a minute*
I do not understand.

"How did you get hold of such a field to begin with? That kind of thing is a rare gift where I come from, normally the effect only appears under laboratory conditions or in a carefully constructed trap of sorts." Danu looks at Rahizel, questioning his abilities a little. "Such a thing is positively dangerous to beings who have supernatural powers and rely on them to survive. There are people in town literally kept alive by their abilities- that will die if you take them away."

Danu gets a good grip on the beast she wounded earlier, holding it down so that someone else could easily behead it and put an end to its rampage.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-21-2016

As the anti-magic field faded, it finally let Zeurei relax, and in doing so he thumped down flat on his back.  The little Avali falling asleep. 

The teal markings that surrounded them amidst the trees fizzled, and with a soft pulse that made wind blow as if there was a void to fill, Umbra would feel his ability for illusions return.  But Zeurei wasn't finished, sitting back up suddenly, as he woke himself back up, shaking himself slightly.  His robes flopped somewhat wildly across him, making him look slightly silly as he stood. 

Noting that all was better once again Let him enjoy a small smile.  Zeureis had gotten Sandrise and herself away safely, and there didn't seem to be any lingering danger for now. 

"I had a lot of questions for both you, Danu, and...  Empathy?  But,  I'll ask them later.  Now seems like a bad time after all of this..."  He refused to address Rahizel, that thing he considers a horror by any measure, rather than any sort of marvel. 

Beneath the dye of his pruning, white had begun to show through, only dyed half way back from the tips.  It almost made him look like he glowed from the inside out, yet it was only an optical illusion, other than two sections of his clothing currently literally glowing, one a soft purple visible through his robe, the other a blue tinted white.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-21-2016

(06-20-2016, 11:43 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "How did you get hold of such a field to begin with? That kind of thing is a rare gift where I come from, normally the effect only appears under laboratory conditions or in a carefully constructed trap of sorts." Danu looks at Rahizel, questioning his abilities a little. "Such a thing is positively dangerous to beings who have supernatural powers and rely on them to survive. There are people in town literally kept alive by their abilities- that will die if you take them away."

Danu gets a good grip on the beast she wounded earlier, holding it down so that someone else could easily behead it and put an end to its rampage.
you are making zero sense...

Also I got these for the fuzzball...
*puts a tiny set of reading specs on the beak of Remy then disappears into the fog*

ovo

BRAAAAWK!

*sits up on their hind legs looks around while adjusting the tiny specs to fit nice and snug, adding a distinguished look to the gryphon*

(06-21-2016, 12:07 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      As the anti-magic field faded, it finally let Zeurei relax, and in doing so he thumped down flat on his back.  The little Avali falling asleep. 

The teal markings that surrounded them amidst the trees fizzled, and with a soft pulse that made wind blow as if there was a void to fill, Umbra would feel his ability for illusions return.  But Zeurei wasn't finished, sitting back up suddenly, as he woke himself back up, shaking himself slightly.  His robes flopped somewhat wildly across him, making him look slightly silly as he stood. 

Noting that all was better once again Let him enjoy a small smile.  Zeureis had gotten Sandrise and herself away safely, and there didn't seem to be any lingering danger for now. 

"I had a lot of questions for both you, Danu, and...  Empathy?  But,  I'll ask them later.  Now seems like a bad time after all of this..."  He refused to address Rahizel, that thing he considers a horror by any measure, rather than any sort of marvel. 

Beneath the dye of his pruning, white had begun to show through, only dyed half way back from the tips.  It almost made him look like he glowed from the inside out, yet it was only an optical illusion, other than two sections of his clothing currently literally glowing, one a soft purple visible through his robe, the other a blue tinted white.
*gets insistently nibbled on by the curious gryphon*
Krrrrrr~

// at least things are working out, Rahizel isn't really interesting in being liked, the only reason they obscure their body in robes is because it draws less gunfire than the look of an oversized Avali t800 terminator

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-21-2016

(06-20-2016, 11:43 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "How did you get hold of such a field to begin with? That kind of thing is a rare gift where I come from, normally the effect only appears under laboratory conditions or in a carefully constructed trap of sorts." Danu looks at Rahizel, questioning his abilities a little. "Such a thing is positively dangerous to beings who have supernatural powers and rely on them to survive. There are people in town literally kept alive by their abilities- that will die if you take them away."

"I'll get it." Umbra reactivates his sword and lops the mantis' head off, then puts both of his weapons away.

(06-21-2016, 12:07 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      As the anti-magic field faded, it finally let Zeurei relax, and in doing so he thumped down flat on his back.  The little Avali falling asleep. 

His color-reversing illusions fizzle back into existence.
"No, that's someone else... I'm called a lot of things, though. Classified as Subject 46, or "the Anomaly," but I usually just go by Umbra."
He extends a hand for a formal greeting. "And you're... Zeurei, right?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 06-21-2016

"And of course he runs off without answering. Remy, you're going to have to sniff him out for me. Once we're all done here." Danu frowns as Rahizel runs away again.

All of the mutants had been defeated, and it seemed nobody was hurt too badly either.

"I've got questions for everyone here as well, but perhaps we should go back into town first so that we don't get attacked again."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 12:24 AM)Umbra Wrote:

"I'll get it." Umbra reactivates his sword and lops the mantis' head off, then puts both of his weapons away.

(06-21-2016, 12:07 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      As the anti-magic field faded, it finally let Zeurei relax, and in doing so he thumped down flat on his back.  The little Avali falling asleep. 

"No, that's someone else... I'm called a lot of things, though. Classified as Subject 46, or "the Anomaly," but I usually just go by Umbra."
"     Did I mishear it then, was it Apathy?"  Whispering to himself before looking back up.  "Oh."  He roughly took Umbra's hand, and shook it.  "Yes, hello, nice to finally meet you Umbra." 

Zeurei Rubbed his eyes for a moment before re-centering his vision to Umbra, stepping to the side out of the Gryphon's reach once more, he did not give any other response to the gryphon, not knowing how to treat her without encouraging what she was doing or being cruel, so he tried doing nothing.  Kind of leaning away from her slightly.

"I agree." He said in response to Danu, to anyone outside of his family, as in everyone there, it would seem almost random for him to do that like he was trying to change the subject.  Instead he took three more steps away from Remy.  

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 12:46 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "And of course he runs off without answering. Remy, you're going to have to sniff him out for me. Once we're all done here." Danu frowns as Rahizel runs away again.

All of the mutants had been defeated, and it seemed nobody was hurt too badly either.

"I've got questions for everyone here as well, but perhaps we should go back into town first so that we don't get attacked again."

"What kind of questions? I, uh... Might not be able to answer some. Either because I don't know the answer or for legal reasons." Umbra nervously rubs the back of his head again.

(06-21-2016, 12:53 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "     Did I mishear it then, was it Apathy?"  Whispering to himself before looking back up.  [color=#996633]"Oh."  [color=#999933]He roughly took Umbra's hand, and shook it.  [color=#996633]"Yes, hello, nice to finally meet you Umbra."

"Same here, I guess."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 12:53 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 12:24 AM)Umbra Wrote: "I'll get it." Umbra reactivates his sword and lops the mantis' head off, then puts both of his weapons away.

"     Did I mishear it then, was it Apathy?"  Whispering to himself before looking back up.  "Oh."  He roughly took Umbra's hand, and shook it.  "Yes, hello, nice to finally meet you Umbra." 

Zeurei Rubbed his eyes for a moment before re-centering his vision to Umbra, stepping to the side out of the Gryphon's reach once more, he did not give any other response to the gryphon, not knowing how to treat her without encouraging what she was doing or being cruel, so he tried doing nothing.  Kind of leaning away from her slightly.

"I agree." He said in response to Danu, to anyone outside of his family, as in everyone there, it would seem almost random for him to do that like he was trying to change the subject.  Instead he took three more steps away from Remy.  
Mrow?
*steps closer*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 06-21-2016

//Stalled again? Who are we waiting for? (Probably me)