Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 10:48 PM)Umbra Wrote: // gonna tack this on to the post I just made.

The whispers persist.
"Yo͏͡͠u ̛͠w͜i̛̕͡l̷̴l no̴͜t̨ ̕͟r̢͢e̢͢g̶͟͠a̸̢i̡̢n̡ ̨w̴̕h͡a͏̀t ͞͝y̡͠o̕̕ú̵ ̡hav̧ȩ͠͡ ̴l̡҉҉o̕ś͠t̛."
"...Wait, is that-"
The whispering stops.
"That was..." Umbra looks at Zeurei. "You're not with that thing, are you?"

(06-22-2016, 10:44 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // really? Just commanding wind?

*gets at least some temporary relief *

// cooling an already existing breeze, yes. Water vapor is also a thing. Would you rather have a snowball to the face?

// also, Surge, can the souls/spirits/whatever of people become shades? I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it'll mesh. Just a yes or no will suffice.

*a shout comes from a near by in. It appears to be in one very larg bar fight. Two kineptics tumble out of the door*
"You take that back you slimy son of a -"
*the second kineptic kicks it away and jumps to its feet*
"I've had enough of you. trying to murder the bartender with broken plate?! That's even worse. And now you started a inn wide fight!
*the sand colored kineptic summons a white hot fireball* 
*a bar stool crashes out of a window and nearly lands on umbra*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 11:26 PM)achroma Wrote: *a shout comes from a near by in. It appears to be in one very larg bar fight. Two kineptics tumble out of the door*
"I've had enough of you. trying to murder the bartender with broken plate?! That's even worse. And now you started a inn wide fight!

Umbra's eyes go wide before he looks genuinely unamused.
"Great..."
State appears on the scene, supposedly looking for Umbra. His attention is redirected to the trouble being caused, however, and stomps inside the bar.
"What, exactly, is going on here?" He sounds pissed. The fact that he's even showing emotion at all is somewhat fearful itself.
"Even greater..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 11:00 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 10:55 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // id rather not have a character completely reliant on magic to do mundane tasks is all

// so how is he supposed to cool Remy if he doesn't carry ice with him?
// that line of thought is whats wrong. Thinking that your character should be able to do literally anything.

// no offense

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 11:34 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // that line of thought is whats wrong. Thinking that your character should be able to do literally anything.

// no offense

// ...I'm not thinking that.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 11:36 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 11:34 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // that line of thought is whats wrong. Thinking that your character should be able to do literally anything.

// no offense

// ...I'm not thinking that.
// I'm going to drop it before things go off topic

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-23-2016

(06-22-2016, 11:31 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 11:26 PM)achroma Wrote: *a shout comes from a near by in. It appears to be in one very larg bar fight. Two kineptics tumble out of the door*

Umbra's eyes go wide before he looks genuinely unamused.
"Great..."
State appears on the scene, supposedly looking for Umbra. His attention is redirected to the trouble being caused, however, and stomps inside the bar.
"What, exactly, is going on here?" He sounds pissed. The fact that he's even showing emotion at all is somewhat fearful itself.
"Even greater..."

*the bar patron rolls out of the way only being singed by the fireball and runs into the bar*
"Finally some backup, I almost considered smokeing them out."
*the kineptic brushes his orange robes off and turns to umbra*
"Are you part of the guards or are you here for the fight?"

*a young Terran attempts to duplex state*
"Bar fight!!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-23-2016

(06-23-2016, 12:50 AM)achroma Wrote: *the bar patron rolls out of the way only being singed by the fireball and runs into the bar*

"Bar fight!!"

State effortlessly picks the human off of him with one arm. He then grabs a megaphone-like device and activates it, sounding a loud siren.
"Order!" He certainly means business. A 6'4" red-eyed Glitch in heavy Guard-issue power armor is intimidating by itself, but an angry one?... Terrifying.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 06-23-2016

(06-23-2016, 01:14 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 12:50 AM)achroma Wrote: *the bar patron rolls out of the way only being singed by the fireball and runs into the bar*

"Bar fight!!"

State effortlessly picks the human off of him with one arm. He then grabs a megaphone-like device and activates it, sounding a loud siren.
"Order!" He certainly means business. A 6'4" red-eyed Glitch in heavy Guard-issue power armor is intimidating by itself, but an angry one?... Terrifying.

((Psst. Wrong font.))

(06-23-2016, 01:18 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((Psst. Wrong font.))

// ...
// thank you for telling me but shush .A.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-23-2016

"Bar fight!!"

*the big ole fuzzball comes over and bows before umbra*

(06-23-2016, 01:32 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *the big ole fuzzball comes over and bows before umbra*

Umbra is too busy trying to figure out what the heck is going on in the bar.

"Bar fight!!"

*all the patrons freeze, staring at the glitch*
*a unhealthy drunk avali mumbles incoherently, lobbing a punch at state, before falling on the ground face first*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-23-2016

(06-22-2016, 10:48 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Wait a minute. You... You were there when I was, uh... Stabbed, weren't you? Because if you have that..."
"...Also, I don't think it's a good idea to keep that. Something about it is just... Unnerving."

The whispers persist.
"Yo͏͡͠u ̛͠w͜i̛̕͡l̷̴l no̴͜t̨ ̕͟r̢͢e̢͢g̶͟͠a̸̢i̡̢n̡ ̨w̴̕h͡a͏̀t ͞͝y̡͠o̕̕ú̵ ̡hav̧ȩ͠͡ ̴l̡҉҉o̕ś͠t̛."
"...Wait, is that-"
The whispering stops.
"That was..." Umbra looks at Zeurei. "You're not with that thing, are you?"

"Guilty as charged.  Cut it off one of the beasts that were captured...  What?"  The interruption changed his attention, making him miss the second whisper, even as loud as it was. 

As he saw the cross-hairs eyed guard he kind of crept backwards. 
"I should..."  He'd given the guards at the station his name, it was possible they'd be looking for him now, for questioning.  As he'd shown several different sources differing pieces of information. 

"Here's-  Here's hoping that something changes before that's the case.  Heh."   His laugh was hollow, almost sad.  And he'd gotten quite a bit of distance between him and everyone else before they could notice, using the distraction to his advantage.  And then he stopped, finally hearing it, The crystal urged him to swiftly run.  To flee so he would tell them nothing, since it's influence ran nowhere even close enough to make him silence himself more permanently.   He pulled the crystal out, it ran pitch black again.  Lending him to throwing it spinning a good distance from himself as he thumped down on his hind quarters. 

"Why would it be after him..?  Them?  There is no point, with so many things more worthwhile of such force, so many things easier to control and adapt to what it wants..."  He felt like he was falling  apart, talking to himself, as if there were three of him conversing on the same subject out loud.  He couldn't even tell that he'd said that out loud.  "Why you?"  He looked, well, not at Umbra, through him maybe?   Far too dazed to be of any help with the bar fight.

Though Zeureis showed at the edge of the block, turning a corner, and giving the pub an odd glare as a chair flew out of the bar, watching Zeurei distance himself before thumping down, she couldn't hear anything at the distance, but he seemed to be mumbling.  And she began to approach.

"What's, going on...  Zeurei didn't cause this did he?"

//I hate having to compound post.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 06-23-2016

Danu helps cool Remy as best she can, but doesn't have a lot of options

When they get to the bar though, the fight still raging, Danu just sighs and tries to stay back out of harm's way.

"Some people really shouldn't drink. They don't know when to stop.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-23-2016

(06-23-2016, 02:13 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu helps cool Remy as best she can, but doesn't have a lot of options

When they get to the bar though, the fight still raging, Danu just sighs and tries to stay back out of harm's way.

"Some people really shouldn't drink. They don't know when to stop.
*gets on their hind legs and sorfa hugs Danu*
^v^

(06-23-2016, 01:43 AM)achroma Wrote: *all the patrons freeze, staring at the glitch*
*a unhealthy drunk avali mumbles incoherently, lobbing a punch at state, before falling on the ground face first*

The punch would hurt. Armor is not soft.
State stares at the crowd, his eye and crosshair glaring. "Who started this?"

(06-23-2016, 01:45 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      "Guilty as charged.  Cut it off one of the beasts that were captured...  What?"  The interruption changed his attention, making him miss the second whisper, even as loud as it was. 

"I should..."  He'd given the guards at the station his name, it was possible they'd be looking for him now, for questioning.  As he'd shown several different sources differing pieces of information. 

"Here's-  Here's hoping that something changes before that's the case.  Heh."   His laugh was hollow, almost sad.  And he'd gotten quite a bit of distance between him and everyone else before they could notice, using the distraction to his advantage.  And then he stopped, finally hearing it, The crystal urged him to swiftly run.  To flee so he would tell them nothing, since it's influence ran nowhere even close enough to make him silence himself more permanently.   He pulled the crystal out, it ran pitch black again.  Lending him to throwing it spinning a good distance from himself as he thumped down on his hind quarters. 

"Why would it be after him..?  Them?  There is no point, with so many things more worthwhile of such force, so many things easier to control and adapt to what it wants..."  He felt like he was falling  apart, talking to himself, as if there were three of him conversing on the same subject out loud.  He couldn't even tell that he'd said that out loud.  "Why you?"  He looked, well, not at Umbra, through him maybe?   Far too dazed to be of any help with the bar fight.

Though Zeureis showed at the edge of the block, turning a corner, and giving the pub an odd glare as a chair flew out of the bar, watching Zeurei distance himself before thumping down, she couldn't hear anything at the distance, but he seemed to be mumbling.  And she began to approach.

"...No, he just... Well, The Remnant, as a friend called it, kind of left us a message through that crystal." Umbra points at the shard. "I... Wouldn't touch it if I were you. Zeurei kind of just... Went over there. I'm not sure what's going on, but I think The Remnant might be behind it..."
// I can't really continue with Remnant's dialogue until I get an answer from Surge.

(06-23-2016, 04:27 AM)Umbra Wrote: // I can't really continue with Remnant's dialogue until I get an answer from Surge.

//Of course. 

(06-23-2016, 04:27 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 01:43 AM)achroma Wrote: *all the patrons freeze, staring at the glitch*

The punch would hurt. Armor is not soft.
State stares at the crowd, his eye and crosshair glaring. "Who started this?"

(06-23-2016, 01:45 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      "Guilty as charged.  Cut it off one of the beasts that were captured...  What?"  The interruption changed his attention, making him miss the second whisper, even as loud as it was. 

"...No, he just... Well, The Remnant, as a friend called it, kind of left us a message through that crystal." Umbra points at the shard. "I... Wouldn't touch it if I were you. Zeurei kind of just... Went over there. I'm not sure what's going on, but I think The Remnant might be behind it..."
// I can't really continue with Remnant's dialogue until I get an answer from Surge.
*all the patrons point to someone beside the door*
*freezes next to the door*
"I can explain!"
*a salvo of plates are thrown at state before his escape*
"He just never gives up does he?"
*the kineptic chases after the criminal, green enegry pulsing thorough it's black gauntlets*

(06-23-2016, 09:55 AM)achroma Wrote: *all the patrons point to someone beside the door*
"I can explain!"
*the kineptic chases after the criminal, green enegry pulsing thorough it's black gauntlets*

State is already after him. A few more guards arrive on scene to maintain order until everything's calmed down.
Umbra watches the Glitch sprint by.
"Well, he won't come back until he's caught that guy... State tends to be, uh... Extremely committed to his job. I think the reason he's still single is because he married himself to the Guard."
Umbra chuckles at his joke that probably wasn't funny at all. "Ahhh... I'm not a funny person."

Zeurei would hear a faint whisper again.
"Y͝o͠u̸ ͏̷w̛i͠͠s͟h ̛̕͘ţ̴͢o҉͢ ̴k͏ņ͘ò̷͢w̶ ̛̕͞wh̛͢y͏̵͜ I̸̢ tò̡r̸̸͘t̕҉ù́r͟͜ę ̴̶̀t̕͠h͘e ̷de͢ḿ̷o҉n҉?͘"

(06-23-2016, 04:26 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 09:55 AM)achroma Wrote: *all the patrons point to someone beside the door*
"I can explain!"

Zeurei would hear a faint whisper again.
"Y͝o͠u̸ ͏̷w̛i͠͠s͟h ̛̕͘ţ̴͢o҉͢ ̴k͏ņ͘ò̷͢w̶ ̛̕͞wh̛͢y͏̵͜ I̸̢ tò̡r̸̸͘t̕҉ù́r͟͜ę ̴̶̀t̕͠h͘e ̷de͢ḿ̷o҉n҉?͘"

There was a pause as Zeureis began to approach her brother.  Her feet skidded even as she had only been walking as she let out a short screen falling back, a small spike of purple crystal jutting up that slowly faded to nothing.  "wh...  What the?"  Sidding backwards awkwardly on all fours.

He looked at Zeureis.  Standing up unstable on his feet.  "Yesss."  It was his response to the whisper, even as he wasn't all there, was having trouble holding himself together.  But he was, close enough to hear the whispers.  Strong enough to stay relatively cohesive by a rough margin.  It looked, like he'd done this before.