Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-23-2016

(06-23-2016, 06:25 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      There was a pause as Zeureis began to approach her brother.  Her feet skidded even as she had only been walking as she let out a short screen falling back, a small spike of purple crystal jutting up that slowly faded to nothing.  "wh...  What the?"  Sidding backwards awkwardly on all fours.

He looked at Zeureis.  Standing up unstable on his feet.  "Yesss."  It was his response to the whisper, even as he wasn't all there, was having trouble holding himself together.  But he was, close enough to hear the whispers.  Strong enough to stay relatively cohesive by a rough margin.  It looked, like he'd done this before.

"I ͜͝w̴͜͡i͞͝͝l̀l̴̀͞ ͞҉d͘͏ơ̸͜ ͝w̛ḩ́at̛ I̵ ̡i̷n̴̕t̷è̶͞nd̢͟e̢͝d̡.̕ ̵T̢h̴̕e͟͠ ̶únhǫlý ̛͝b̸̛e̢͜͏a̡s̵t ̵̷̧m̛̕ų̀s̢̨t̵ ͏͏͡b͏̸è p̶u̡̕r͜g̡̛̕e͝d̶̨́.̷͢"
Umbra notices that the crystal is talking again. "What do you mean, "unholy?" I'm not unholy..."
"Y̕ou ̨c͘͜a͟n͡͞ń͢ó́͡t ̶̡l̨̛ie ̛̀͠t̨o̸ m̀͝͞e͟͞,̢̧̀ ́f͜͡i̡͝en͡d́.̡͝ ͜҉͡Í̢ ̸̴̡wi̷̡͝l̡l̡̕͞ ć͏̴l͞͡e͜a҉n̨s̴͜͞e̸ ̴̵͡t̷̵̨h̡͏̕i͜s̢ ̸͟w͘o̶̷͝r̨͏ld͡ ͟͞ò̡f҉͠ ̕͟c͢͝o̸͠͏r͡͞r̷̶͘u̷̧͢p̵͝t̀͘i̸͡ơn͜.͢.̡͘̕.̸̨̛ ̛S̡͠͏t̵͞ar͠ţ̧̀i̢n̨g̸͠ ͜w̧̛i̴̕th̕͢ y̷̨o̵̴u͜.̶"
"Corruption?..."
"T̵͟͟h͏is̷̷ f͜͡r̡͟a̵̡gm̢e̷ņ͞t҉ ̛͞ḩ͘͜a͝͞s̸͠ nò͝ ̨̛́ư̶s̨̛͜è̴ t̸̀͞o ̶̧m̸̧e.̶̢ ̨Th̨͢e̴͘ ̵͜a̷ź͢u̧̡͘r̨͞e-̴e̴͠͝y̵̷e̕d͘͏ ̢͢o̢n͏e̸ ͝i̸̛s̨ n͜o̶̕͟t̛ w͘͡o҉̷r̴̶t͏̡͟h͢ ̶̵m̨̀y̨ ̀͟͠s̸̢̧tr̸̨͞e̶͠n͟g̴̀ţ̕h̴.́͟"
The crystal begins to crack.
"͏L̢i̵͞v̷͞e͢͞ ͜͡͞wh̢i͝l̢͡e ҉͏y̸͏́o̢u͏̨̕ ̧̛c̢͘a̢̛n̢, ̸̷̨U͠m̧b͏r̛a̴l.̨̕ ̸I̡ w̡̡įll͟ b̧e͞ ̸͢t̛h͟ę̶ ҉̧l͘a̧s҉͟t ̴͘͡th͞i̵̛n̢g ̸y̷̛o̸̕͜u e̢v͢e̵͘͠r̴̴҉ ̢s͡e͝e͞."
The shard shatters into pieces, the many fragments left colorless and clear.
"...Does... Anyone know what they were talking about? It sounds... Kind of familiar..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-23-2016

(06-23-2016, 07:49 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 06:25 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      There was a pause as Zeureis began to approach her brother.  Her feet skidded even as she had only been walking as she let out a short screen falling back, a small spike of purple crystal jutting up that slowly faded to nothing.  "wh...  What the?"  Sidding backwards awkwardly on all fours.

He looked at Zeureis.  Standing up unstable on his feet.  "Yesss."  It was his response to the whisper, even as he wasn't all there, was having trouble holding himself together.  But he was, close enough to hear the whispers.  Strong enough to stay relatively cohesive by a rough margin.  It looked, like he'd done this before.

"I ͜͝w̴͜͡i͞͝͝l̀l̴̀͞ ͞҉d͘͏ơ̸͜ ͝w̛ḩ́at̛ I̵ ̡i̷n̴̕t̷è̶͞nd̢͟e̢͝d̡.̕ ̵T̢h̴̕e͟͠ ̶únhǫlý ̛͝b̸̛e̢͜͏a̡s̵t ̵̷̧m̛̕ų̀s̢̨t̵ ͏͏͡b͏̸è p̶u̡̕r͜g̡̛̕e͝d̶̨́.̷͢"
Umbra notices that the crystal is talking again. "What do you mean, "unholy?" I'm not unholy..."
"Y̕ou ̨c͘͜a͟n͡͞ń͢ó́͡t ̶̡l̨̛ie ̛̀͠t̨o̸ m̀͝͞e͟͞,̢̧̀ ́f͜͡i̡͝en͡d́.̡͝ ͜҉͡Í̢ ̸̴̡wi̷̡͝l̡l̡̕͞ ć͏̴l͞͡e͜a҉n̨s̴͜͞e̸ ̴̵͡t̷̵̨h̡͏̕i͜s̢ ̸͟w͘o̶̷͝r̨͏ld͡ ͟͞ò̡f҉͠ ̕͟c͢͝o̸͠͏r͡͞r̷̶͘u̷̧͢p̵͝t̀͘i̸͡ơn͜.͢.̡͘̕.̸̨̛ ̛S̡͠͏t̵͞ar͠ţ̧̀i̢n̨g̸͠ ͜w̧̛i̴̕th̕͢ y̷̨o̵̴u͜.̶"
"Corruption?..."
"T̵͟͟h͏is̷̷ f͜͡r̡͟a̵̡gm̢e̷ņ͞t҉ ̛͞ḩ͘͜a͝͞s̸͠ nò͝ ̨̛́ư̶s̨̛͜è̴ t̸̀͞o ̶̧m̸̧e.̶̢ ̨Th̨͢e̴͘ ̵͜a̷ź͢u̧̡͘r̨͞e-̴e̴͠͝y̵̷e̕d͘͏ ̢͢o̢n͏e̸ ͝i̸̛s̨ n͜o̶̕͟t̛ w͘͡o҉̷r̴̶t͏̡͟h͢ ̶̵m̨̀y̨ ̀͟͠s̸̢̧tr̸̨͞e̶͠n͟g̴̀ţ̕h̴.́͟"
"͏L̢i̵͞v̷͞e͢͞ ͜͡͞wh̢i͝l̢͡e ҉͏y̸͏́o̢u͏̨̕ ̧̛c̢͘a̢̛n̢, ̸̷̨U͠m̧b͏r̛a̴l.̨̕ ̸I̡ w̡̡įll͟ b̧e͞ ̸͢t̛h͟ę̶ ҉̧l͘a̧s҉͟t ̴͘͡th͞i̵̛n̢g ̸y̷̛o̸̕͜u e̢v͢e̵͘͠r̴̴҉ ̢s͡e͝e͞."
"...Does... Anyone know what they were talking about? It sounds... Kind of familiar..."

"Like you would know...  Heh, eh, heh."  Feeling himself recollect as the crystal shattered, he softly scratched at his side sitting down.  "You can, probably guess what some of my questions were, now."  He finally spoke to Umbra more openly,  hands on his knees.  "I actually don't know what a lot of this means, I've just been listening in without being invited."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-23-2016

(06-23-2016, 07:49 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 06:25 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      There was a pause as Zeureis began to approach her brother.  Her feet skidded even as she had only been walking as she let out a short screen falling back, a small spike of purple crystal jutting up that slowly faded to nothing.  "wh...  What the?"  Sidding backwards awkwardly on all fours.

"Corruption?..."
// this horribly aggravates my dyslexia

(06-23-2016, 08:29 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      "Like you would know...  Heh, eh, heh."  Feeling himself recollect as the crystal shattered, he softly scratched at his side sitting down.  "You can, probably guess what some of my questions were, now."  He finally spoke to Umbra more openly,  hands on his knees.  "I actually don't know what a lot of this means, I've just been listening in without being invited."

"Well, damn..." There goes another chance to finally figure out some of this... "...Anyway, I guess we don't have to worry about that crystal anymore..."

(06-23-2016, 08:34 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // this horribly aggravates my dyslexia

// sorry, but I'm trying to convey a distorted, dark voice as opposed to a slightly ethereal one. Dark text and Zalgo communicates it pretty well...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-23-2016

(06-23-2016, 04:26 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 09:55 AM)achroma Wrote: *all the patrons point to someone beside the door*
*freezes next to the door*
"I can explain!"
*a salvo of plates are thrown at state before his escape*
"He just never gives up does he?"
*the kineptic chases after the criminal, green enegry pulsing thorough it's black gauntlets*

State is already after him. A few more guards arrive on scene to maintain order until everything's calmed down.
Umbra watches the Glitch sprint by.
"Well, he won't come back until he's caught that guy... State tends to be, uh... Extremely committed to his job. I think the reason he's still single is because he married himself to the Guard."
Umbra chuckles at his joke that probably wasn't funny at all. "Ahhh... I'm not a funny person."

Zeurei would hear a faint whisper again.
"Y͝o͠u̸ ͏̷w̛i͠͠s͟h ̛̕͘ţ̴͢o҉͢ ̴k͏ņ͘ò̷͢w̶ ̛̕͞wh̛͢y͏̵͜ I̸̢ tò̡r̸̸͘t̕҉ù́r͟͜ę ̴̶̀t̕͠h͘e ̷de͢ḿ̷o҉n҉?͘"
*the assailant runs I to a cabbage vendor before going down*
"my cabbage!" *the man seems genially upset*
*the kineptic stops perusing the grind and listens in on the whispers*
"... Please tell me this isn't linked to the recent attack."

(06-23-2016, 10:29 PM)achroma Wrote: *the assailant runs I to a cabbage vendor before going down*
"my cabbage!" *the man seems generally upset*

// obvious Avatar reference is obvious
State cuffs the troublemaker and drags him back to the station for questioning.
...Not literally.

"...Uh, who are you and why are you inserting yourself in a conversation between strangers?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-23-2016

*starts shooting in the distance before something explodes like a grenade*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-23-2016

(06-23-2016, 10:38 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 10:29 PM)achroma Wrote: *the assailant runs I to a cabbage vendor before going down*
"my cabbage!" *the man seems generally upset*

// obvious Avatar reference is obvious
State cuffs the troublemaker and drags him back to the station for questioning.
...Not literally.

"...Uh, who are you and why are you inserting yourself in a conversation between strangers?"

//just thought it was nessary
*it complys obiently and doesn't put up a fight*
"The names sol, and didn't you hear about the incident on the mountain? Some crazy stuff went on up there according to the reports."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 06-24-2016

Hearing the gunshots in the forest, Danu turns and looks back that direction. "Geez, seems like there are problems everywhere. You guys have this under control then? Lets meet back up in the town square once things settle down."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-24-2016

(06-23-2016, 11:59 PM)achroma Wrote: //just thought it was nessary
"The names sol, and didn't you hear about the incident on the mountain? Some crazy stuff went on up there according to the reports."

"Incident?..."
// it hasn't actually ended yet, but I guess I can timeskip and say it has.

(06-24-2016, 12:16 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Hearing the gunshots in the forest, Danu turns and looks back that direction. "Geez, seems like there are problems everywhere. You guys have this under control then? Lets meet back up in the town square once things settle down."

"Uh, sure. I should probably head back home, though... It's late, and State's probably going to drag me back home once he's done with that other thing..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-24-2016

(06-24-2016, 12:55 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 12:16 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Hearing the gunshots in the forest, Danu turns and looks back that direction. "Geez, seems like there are problems everywhere. You guys have this under control then? Lets meet back up in the town square once things settle down."

"Uh, sure. I should probably head back home, though... It's late, and State's probably going to drag me back home once he's done with that other thing..."

"Yeah, yeah..."  Zeureis helped Zeurei to his feet. 

As they moved to leave, he motioned her to help him closer to Umbra, Whom he whispered to.  "I have plenty more up my sleeve than this."  Before waving bye to him and Danu as they moved to be on their way. 
"Sorry about that spike, I'm glad it didn't hit you, wasn't thinking straight."  "I could see that, I know.  So what are these tricks you mentioned?"  "I'll tell you later."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-24-2016

(06-24-2016, 12:55 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 11:59 PM)achroma Wrote: //just thought it was nessary

"Incident?..."
// it hasn't actually ended yet, but I guess I can timeskip and say it has.

"a team was sent into the mountains to deal with the thing they called the"contractor", but found it conversing with a thing they call an anomaly. more arrived when a swarm of shadow imps arrived and that's that."

(06-24-2016, 01:36 AM)achroma Wrote: "a team was sent into the mountains to deal with the thing they called the"contractor", but found it conversing with a thing they call an anomaly. more arrived when a swarm of shadow imps arrived and that's that."

"...And... How did you know about this?"

(06-24-2016, 01:56 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 01:36 AM)achroma Wrote: "a team was sent into the mountains to deal with the thing they called the"contractor", but found it conversing with a thing they call an anomaly. more arrived when a swarm of shadow imps arrived and that's that."

"...And... How did you know about this?"
*the tempature in the near by area increases steadly*
"Err, I have my connections with the gaurds. Why do you ask?"

(06-24-2016, 02:07 AM)achroma Wrote: *the tempature in the near by area increases steadly*

"What kind of connection, if you don't mind me asking? Just... Trying to make sure you don't know things you shouldn't."

(06-24-2016, 02:20 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 02:07 AM)achroma Wrote: *the tempature in the near by area increases steadly*

"What kind of connection, if you don't mind me asking? Just... Trying to make sure you don't know things you shouldn't."

"I know most of the archivist, and a few gaurds. Knowledge is power, regardless of what people think of it. And don't worry, they only give me the stuff that's not under wraps or not for the eyes of the public." 

(06-24-2016, 02:35 AM)achroma Wrote: "I know most of the archivist, and a few gaurds. Knowledge is power, regardless of what people think of it. And don't worry, they only give me the stuff that's not under wraps or not for the eyes of the public." 

"Ah, yeah. Whatever happened up there will probably make the news anyway..."
Some nearby bushes rustle. Umbra's attention snaps to the source of the sound.

(06-24-2016, 02:50 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 02:35 AM)achroma Wrote: "I know most of the archivist, and a few gaurds. Knowledge is power, regardless of what people think of it. And don't worry, they only give me the stuff that's not under wraps or not for the eyes of the public." 

"Ah, yeah. Whatever happened up there will probably make the news anyway..."
Some nearby bushes rustle. Umbra's attention snaps to the source of the sound.
"Probally.it might not, they probally don't want to scare the populism."
*sol hastily summons a bronze cutlass and turns towards the bush* 

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-24-2016

// so much for waiting on you if you simply won't respond to it, again?

*Remy attempts to Give danu a hug*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 06-24-2016

(06-22-2016, 08:20 PM)Comito Wrote: //I'm sorry for my absence, Unamused. Feel free to continue without me if you want.

//Nah, it's cool man. And thanks.