Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 06-30-2016

(06-30-2016, 04:28 PM)Umbra Wrote: // okay fine geez I'll respond to something >->
// you guys can go on without other people, you know...

(06-28-2016, 03:37 PM)achroma Wrote: *as the sun rises on nexus 17, the village springs to life and, vehicles buzz around all heading to a local musame, which has a new exhibit. There also seems to have been a Robery at a local library*

The Guards are already investigating the scene, as odd as the robbery may be.

(06-28-2016, 11:16 PM)achroma Wrote: *a clay pidgeon nosily taps the widow frame, occasionally trying to peer though the blinds*

Umbra reluctantly wakes up. "Mrrgh..." He sleepily checks his alarm clock.
10:00 a.m.
He slowly and sleepily starts getting dressed. Afterwards, he lifts one shutter in his window blinds to see what's tapping the window.
"...What the..."
// remember the ship crew?

*in the hospital aboard the station there's about a dozen avali crew from the Cursor, all with visible signs of acute radiation poisoning. The military grade chems in their system ward off death, but by the looks of them they have met a worse fate, the engineering crew is simply so horrifingly disfigured by the mass cell death irradiation causes their appearance alone can induce severe nausea, not to mention the smell of rot. Against all odds they're joking with one another, even the albino captian of short stature, who has the least deterioration but consistently coughs blood joins in*

A(satirical): Ey cap'n, ya tink command gonna get us new faces after all dis?

CAP(fake seriousness): Doubtful, they will more likely assign everyone to cleaning duty. You'll know the floor is clean when you cover it in vomit from seeing your reflection a bit too well!

*laughter from most of the crew who are still conscious*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-30-2016

(06-30-2016, 04:28 PM)Umbra Wrote: // okay fine geez I'll respond to something >->
// you guys can go on without other people, you know...

(06-28-2016, 03:37 PM)achroma Wrote: *as the sun rises on nexus 17, the village springs to life and, vehicles buzz around all heading to a local musame, which has a new exhibit. There also seems to have been a Robery at a local library*

The Guards are already investigating the scene, as odd as the robbery may be.

(06-28-2016, 11:16 PM)achroma Wrote: *a clay pidgeon nosily taps the widow frame, occasionally trying to peer though the blinds*

Umbra reluctantly wakes up. "Mrrgh..." He sleepily checks his alarm clock.
10:00 a.m.
He slowly and sleepily starts getting dressed. Afterwards, he lifts one shutter in his window blinds to see what's tapping the window.
"...What the..."
*the A window is broken at the scene, aswell a knocked out intern in the basement next to a broken safe, with old pages of writing* 

*the pidgon cops and looks at umbra. a message is sprawled on the side. It says "don't be late for the interview"*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-30-2016

(06-30-2016, 07:18 PM)achroma Wrote: *the A window is broken at the scene, aswell a knocked out intern in the basement next to a broken safe, with old pages of writing* 

*the pidgon cops and looks at umbra. a message is sprawled on the side. It says "don't be late for the interview"*

"...Interview?"
State climbs up the stairs with a steaming cup of coffee in one hand. He's still wearing the power armor suit.
"Thanks, State..." Umbra graciously accepts the mug and immediately drinks from it. "Ow. Y'know, I don't think I've ever seen you outside of that armor. Do you ever take it off?"
"It remains on my person as long as I am on duty."
"Right... SPeaking if which, I'm back to normal, so... Might want to call Sarge later." He takes another sip. "...You know anything about an interview?"
"Yes. A clay automaton delivered a message to our doorstep late last night. How did you find out?"
"A little bird told me. Literally." Umbra raises the blinds enough to reveal the pigeon. "Think it might be dangerous?"
"I would be careful, yes. Especially with the black Anomaly still at large."
"Right... Anyway, how about I go to this 'interview' and you go tell the Sergeant that I'm okay?"

(06-30-2016, 06:44 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // remember the ship crew?

*in the hospital aboard the station there's about a dozen avali crew from the Cursor, all with visible signs of acute radiation poisoning. The military grade chems in their system ward off death, but by the looks of them they have met a worse fate, the engineering crew is simply so horrifingly disfigured by the mass cell death irradiation causes their appearance alone can induce severe nausea, not to mention the smell of rot. Against all odds they're joking with one another, even the albino captian of short stature, who has the least deterioration but consistently coughs blood joins in*

CAP(fake seriousness): Doubtful, they will more likely assign everyone to cleaning duty. You'll know the floor is clean when you cover it in vomit from seeing your reflection a bit too well!

// you'll have to give me a bit for a response... I don't really know how, exactly, to respond to this. I'm not sure whether you're looking for cures or something, and I don't really know how hospitals and doctors work since I've never really been more involved in medicine than being on the receiving end of wisdom tooth surgery.

(06-30-2016, 07:32 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 07:18 PM)achroma Wrote: *the A window is broken at the scene, aswell a knocked out intern in the basement next to a broken safe, with old pages of writing* 

"...Interview?"
State climbs up the stairs with a steaming cup of coffee in one hand. He's still wearing the power armor suit.
"Thanks, State..." Umbra graciously accepts the mug and immediately drinks from it. "Ow. Y'know, I don't think I've ever seen you outside of that armor. Do you ever take it off?"
"Right... SPeaking if which, I'm back to normal, so... Might want to call Sarge later." He takes another sip. "...You know anything about an interview?"
"Yes. A clay automaton delivered a message to our doorstep late last night. How did you find out?"
"A little bird told me. Literally." Umbra raises the blinds enough to reveal the pigeon. "Think it might be dangerous?"
"Right... Anyway, how about I go to this 'interview' and you go tell the Sergeant that I'm okay?"

// you'll have to give me a bit for a response... I don't really know how, exactly, to respond to this. I'm not sure whether you're looking for cures or something, and I don't really know how hospitals and doctors work since I've never really been more involved in medicine than being on the receiving end of wisdom tooth surgery.
// well its... i dunno anymore

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-30-2016

(06-30-2016, 07:32 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"...Interview?"

*the construct coos and peaks at the roof, and the message changes. "Meet at the musame in the new exhibit. Don't draw attention to self."*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-30-2016

//Think bonding agents such as examples from games like rad-away from fallout.  Which is fed into your system and then you literally piss out the radioactive isotopes.  Because contrary to what many people think.  It's radioactive isotopes bonding to objects that causes radiation to follow things around.  Radiation (gamma) doesn't just magickaly stick to you.  All crew members would be completely shaved and given such a bonding agent which would also induce additional vomiting to remove the isotopes from their digestive tract as well.  They'd likely need individual surgery and bandaging because they'd need to regrow an entire new layer of skin and feathers, assuming they even survive the internal system purge.

(06-30-2016, 09:20 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Think bonding agents such as examples from games like rad-away from fallout.  Which is fed into your system and then you literally piss out the radioactive isotopes.  Because contrary to what many people think.  It's radioactive isotopes bonding to objects that causes radiation to follow things around.  Radiation (gamma) doesn't just magickaly stick to you.  All crew members would be completely shaved and given such a bonding agent which would also induce additional vomiting to remove the isotopes from their digestive tract as well.  They'd likely need individual surgery and bandaging because they'd need to regrow an entire new layer of skin and feathers, assuming they even survive the internal system purge.
// I never said any of that, they simply have drugs that kill cells who divide too soon in their life via retardation of mitochondria division, anti cancer but it still kills the mutated flesh as it spreads it's energy conversion so thin the cells starve. They also have blood cleansing organ implants that have stores of white blood cells

// basically they can survive much more radiation without perishing as a whole, but experience all symptoms just as much as anyone. It might be a fate worse than death though.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 06-30-2016

(06-30-2016, 07:51 PM)achroma Wrote: *the construct coos and peaks at the roof, and the message changes. "Meet at the musame in the new exhibit. Don't draw attention to self."*

"...Weird."
"That only furthers my suspicion. If I were you, I would take some means of protection with me."
"Yeah, I was already thinking of that..." Umbra takes some things out of an end table drawer.
"Well... I better not keep whoever this is waiting." He heads downstairs and pours more coffee into a tumbler to carry with him while he walks around, then leaves.
State does the same, heading towards the spaceport.

(06-30-2016, 09:20 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Think bonding agents such as examples from games like rad-away from fallout.  Which is fed into your system and then you literally piss out the radioactive isotopes.  Because contrary to what many people think.  It's radioactive isotopes bonding to objects that causes radiation to follow things around.  Radiation (gamma) doesn't just magickaly stick to you.  All crew members would be completely shaved and given such a bonding agent which would also induce additional vomiting to remove the isotopes from their digestive tract as well.  They'd likely need individual surgery and bandaging because they'd need to regrow an entire new layer of skin and feathers, assuming they even survive the internal system purge.

// ...see, I didn't know that because I've never played Fallout, nor am I a super science-y person.

(06-30-2016, 10:15 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 07:51 PM)achroma Wrote: *the construct coos and peaks at the roof, and the message changes. "Meet at the musame in the new exhibit. Don't draw attention to self."*

"...Weird."
"That only furthers my suspicion. If I were you, I would take some means of protection with me."
"Yeah, I was already thinking of that..." Umbra takes some things out of an end table drawer.
"Well... I better not keep whoever this is waiting." He heads downstairs and pours more coffee into a tumbler to carry with him while he walks around, then leaves.

// ...see, I didn't know that because I've never played Fallout, nor am I a super science-y person.
*one of the crew taps on a doctor*

Hey ummm, who was the guy with a stick up his ass on the radio when we came in?

*meanwhile the ship is emitting a highly localized jamming field and resists any and all attempts to access it's registry data with extreme aggression. According to most databases it simultaneously exists and doesn't, most of the data contradicting itself*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 07-01-2016

(06-30-2016, 10:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *one of the crew taps on a doctor*

*meanwhile the ship is emitting a highly localized jamming field and resists any and all attempts to access it's registry data with extreme aggression. According to most databases it simultaneously exists and doesn't, most of the data contradicting itself*

// ooh, an reality shenanigans ship :o

"You mean tower control? I don't know him. You'd have to ask someone in spaceport regulation once your radiation poisoning is cured."
// I should really find a color for Umbra so I can just default to white text for NPCs... I'm kind of tired of just picking random colors.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-01-2016

(06-30-2016, 10:15 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"...Weird."

(06-30-2016, 09:20 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Think bonding agents such as examples from games like rad-away from fallout.  Which is fed into your system and then you literally piss out the radioactive isotopes.  Because contrary to what many people think.  It's radioactive isotopes bonding to objects that causes radiation to follow things around.  Radiation (gamma) doesn't just magickaly stick to you.  All crew members would be completely shaved and given such a bonding agent which would also induce additional vomiting to remove the isotopes from their digestive tract as well.  They'd likely need individual surgery and bandaging because they'd need to regrow an entire new layer of skin and feathers, assuming they even survive the internal system purge.

*the pidgon flies off towards the museum, watching umbra*

*when umbra enters the exhibit labeled "architecture of the pre calamity." It seems oddly empty, for besides a hooded kinetic sitting at a table alone*
"I see you got my messages. I thought you wouldn't come"

(07-01-2016, 01:55 AM)achroma Wrote: *the pidgon flies off towards the museum, watching umbra*

*when umbra enters the exhibit labeled "architecture of the pre calamity." It seems oddly empty, for besides a hooded kinetic sitting at a table alone*

"Well, it's hard to trust a cloaked guy that sends animated clay to get people's attention. Figured it wouldn't hurt, though... So... What are you 'interviewing' me for? If it's a job, I'm not interested."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 07-01-2016

(07-01-2016, 01:09 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 10:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *one of the crew taps on a doctor*

// ooh, an reality shenanigans ship :o

"You mean tower control? I don't know him. You'd have to ask someone in spaceport regulation once your radiation poisoning is cured."
// I should really find a color for Umbra so I can just default to white text for NPCs... I'm kind of tired of just picking random colors.
// the ship may be hacking the station while docked, or have a spoofed registration.

// oh and any computer that tries to access it's files accesses military grade malware

(07-01-2016, 03:37 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 01:55 AM)achroma Wrote: *the pidgon flies off towards the museum, watching umbra*

"Well, it's hard to trust a cloaked guy that sends animated clay to get people's attention. Figured it wouldn't hurt, though... So... What are you 'interviewing' me for? If it's a job, I'm not interested."
"It's not for a job. It's about information. Take a seat. You give an anwser, and you can ask a question. And don't worry, none of this is being recorded and no one else can hear you besides me."

*sol begins to open a envelope and pull out pictures* 

(07-01-2016, 11:58 AM)achroma Wrote: "It's not for a job. It's about information. Take a seat. You give an anwser, and you can ask a question. And don't worry, none of this is being recorded and no one else can hear you besides me."

"...What do you even need information about?"

(07-01-2016, 06:45 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 11:58 AM)achroma Wrote: "It's not for a job. It's about information. Take a seat. You give an anwser, and you can ask a question. And don't worry, none of this is being recorded and no one else can hear you besides me."

CAP: Who runs this *cough* place?

(07-01-2016, 06:45 PM)Umbra Wrote:

*sol slides the pictures of umbra and subject 46 out onto the table*

"Does this answer your question? Tell me about these anomalies and your connection to them. If you do, you may ask a question and I will answer to the best of my ability. And don't try to play dumb, I've done this plenty of times before."

(07-01-2016, 06:49 PM)Rahizel Wrote: CAP: Who runs this *cough* place?

"The owner of the hospital. If you mean the station, then that'd be the government."

(07-01-2016, 07:02 PM)achroma Wrote: *sol slides the pictures of umbra and subject 46 out onto the table*

"Does this answer your question? Tell me about these anomalies and your connection to them. If you do, you may ask a question and I will answer to the best of my ability. And don't try to play dumb, I've done this plenty of times before."

"...Oh, you're one of those people. I see."
"That's me. Both of them. If it's information about me specifically you want, I can't give it to you. Highly confidential stuff, most of which doesn't even exist."
"So how about you tell me why you're so curious and where you got the information you have there? Doesn't look like anything you could find on the internet."
Upon closer inspection, the files Sol has would be covered in "Unknown"s and "???"s where information would normally be.
Umbra doesn't seem fazed at all; his legs are propped up on the table.

(07-01-2016, 08:10 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"The owner of the hospital. If you mean the station, then that'd be the government."

(07-01-2016, 07:02 PM)achroma Wrote: *sol slides the pictures of umbra and subject 46 out onto the table*

"That's me. Both of them. If it's information about me specifically you want, I can't give it to you. Highly confidential stuff, most of which doesn't even exist."
"So how about you tell me why you're so curious and where you got the information you have there? Doesn't look like anything you could find on the internet."
Upon closer inspection, the files Sol has would be covered in "Unknown"s and "???"s where information would normally be.
"So much for answers. I saw you and these anomalies leave after the bar incident. As for how I got this information, I can't tell you, it's highly confidential. Now tell me about the anomalies. And did you hear about the library robbery? I heard the criminal  stole some records from pre calamity."
*sol tears the pictures fine shreds*

(07-01-2016, 08:10 PM)Umbra Wrote:

CAP: Ah good to know.
A: You are planning somethi-
*the captain grabs his crewman by the throat and lifts him off the ground despite being a head shorter, the short albino Avali glaring into his eyes and snarling*
CAP: You would be smart to not talk about the mission aloud soldier, loose lips already sunk 2 ships this week.
A: *gags and nods*
CAP: Glad we understand eachother. *slowly sets the crewman down and holds his shoulder to let him catch his breath. He may be one of the meanest Avali anyone in the room has seen but heartless he definitely isn't*